Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The hagbane shouldn't be nerfed unless the whole game experiences a total redesign because there's too much going on and it's all way too hard to deal with as is without such an option. Even as I play the rounds still score 900+ rat kills, and while the majority is mine, nobody else isn't contributing. I will not play this game if I don't have a decent crowd control option, I refuse to be limited to a lovely sniping weapon that, currently, doesn't even penetrate. That's lame, and it's no fun at all.

When Coolguy and I played keep in mind I was holding back on the worse class: Handmaiden, and we were on Normal and I was level 25. That being said the Spear sucks at higher difficulties because the damage vs Chaos falls off massively and they also get too much HP as is. Faster weapons become better overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

People with 6000 hours in game 1 who physically cannot play the game sub-optimally: the game is insanely bad

Me, guy with 200 hours in game 1, plays the game like a normal person: this game is fun.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

6000 hours lol haha

Thats playing it at full time employment level since it came out

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I've got too many hours in the first and am really liking the second so far, I just want the rest of it open already.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Im also reporting coolguy and lunethex to fatshark for breaking the NDA. Enjoy the bans, trolls.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I view the previous diatribe on the Hagbane to be just another witch hunt and not the kind that gives Saltzpyre a semi, is all I'm saying. Keep nerfing it and she has no good ranged option. Anything she can do otherwise, everyone else is already doing way better: Crossbow is faster. Handgun is more accurate. Anything Sienna does aids in these jobs pretty well. Rat heads are too small and things move around too much to guarantee a consistent play of using such a weapon to its full extent in combat. The Swift bow is such complete trash and a boring weapon to use that it's a wonder it's even in the game. The volley bow she gets is limited to Shade and it still sucks, has only 30 shots, and is inaccurate. The long bow is the long bow, a sniper weapon, and you won't even come close to using all of its ammo as the Waystalker, that's for sure.

Besides, what is hyperbolic is the described effect of the Hagbane. It's limited by its ammo, especially on the Shade. Waystalker is of course another matter but those kinds of players who don't outscore everyone using it are bad Elves anyway, it's not the Hagbane that outscores people. Yes, you always use it when things group up and you've funneled it, that's when it should be used. You use it to support a teammate being hounded from behind by a group, no other bow can do this. Perception will be tainted by people who use the Waystalker and spam it everywhere and that's what is going to cause it to get an unfair nerf, because nobody is talking about the other bows.

It's so important to have that yes, you will probably be lambasted for not using it, but there's just no other option as the game currently stands. Especially not if the massive spawns remain for the higher difficulties.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

im just sad the repeater handgun has worse ammo capacity

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it says a lot to me that as someone regularly used to playing on hard at the absolute least in the first game that the 'normal' mode in 2 feels like it's kicking me upside the head half the time. not that it would be bad for a game to get harder in a sequel inherently, but it feels like something is off-kilter which is causing the disconnect.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as someone who played a run or two of the tech test last week, is the tech test this week different? just a yes/no in case fatshark is watching and will banish you to the squat realm

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Johnny Joestar posted:

it says a lot to me that as someone regularly used to playing on hard at the absolute least in the first game that the 'normal' mode in 2 feels like it's kicking me upside the head half the time. not that it would be bad for a game to get harder in a sequel inherently, but it feels like something is off-kilter which is causing the disconnect.

It really does and to avoid having two friends get that feeling, two of us that were level 5ish carried them through it.

Once you have a non starter of every item slot, you go through much easier. Also the dwarf flame throwing is dumb as hell.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lunethex posted:

Besides, what is hyperbolic is the described effect of the Hagbane. It's limited by its ammo, especially on the Shade. Waystalker is of course another matter but those kinds of players who don't outscore everyone using it are bad Elves anyway, it's not the Hagbane that outscores people. Yes, you always use it when things group up and you've funneled it, that's when it should be used. You use it to support a teammate being hounded from behind by a group, no other bow can do this. Perception will be tainted by people who use the Waystalker and spam it everywhere and that's what is going to cause it to get an unfair nerf, because nobody is talking about the other bows.

It's so important to have that yes, you will probably be lambasted for not using it, but there's just no other option as the game currently stands. Especially not if the massive spawns remain for the higher difficulties.

i literally timed you on the bugged out horde that spawned in front of us on our second map yesterday; it's why i stopped moving when it happened. you killed the entire thing in under a second. the horde attack noises were entirely gone within 6. our bots were lagging behind and even they had nothing to do by the time they caught up to us with their increased movement speed, because bots. it is not at all hyperbole to say that this is happening, and it's not at all hyperbole to say that's a real problem.

the hagbane does need to be nerfed. period. in its current incarnation i do not feel like i have a place in a party if someone is spamming it, which happens about once every 3 games i've played during the tech tests. a 33% boredom rate is completely unacceptable.

the thing is, i don't necessarily mean the damage just needs to be destroyed or something. there's an entire fistful of ways to de-emphasize its importance without just doing the obvious thing and neutering its damage. just off the top of my head:

1) make armored enemies very resistant to the DoT. this means the hagbane becomes a stellar horde-destroyer, but you still need your teammates to handle stormvermin, chaos warriors, ratlings, etc. this is the inverse of the handgun and i think it's a perfectly fine niche for the weapon to fill. this also puts it closer to the status quo for bardin's flamethrower, though his weapon is limited by range rather than special resistances. i favor this approach, though i admit it will be very difficult to communicate what is going on.
2) make chaos in general resistant to the DoT (they're all nurgle devotees anyhow). this is a very weird and lovely-feeling niche but it's not unprecedented with some of the other weapons, either. the shotguns in particular are absolutely loving amazing against Skaven, but decidedly meh against chaos.
3) make the ammo limitation actually relevant, which i completely disagree with it being a thing right now except on Shade, because Shade gets less ranged ammo as a rule. you were running Handmaiden yesterday and killed 80% of the rats on the level and still did not run out of ammo for any substantial length of time. Waystalker it will probably never be relevant because of her active; perhaps this strategy needs to be paired with just toning down Waystalker's active. i really don't like this approach because it keeps Hagbane in its stupid as hell status but this was the solution used in VT1 and i at least never felt like i was made obsolete by the bow in VT1. it's at least workable.

her other bows also do need to be brought up to be actually worth bringing; i continue to scratch my head as to why the Longbow doesn't become her Handgun equivalent at least. I have no idea what niche the Swiftbow can fill since no matter what way I try to slice that weapon it's awful, i'll admit that much. but at current i've taken to just abandoning quick matches where i see a waystalker with a hagbane, and that's not a good state of affairs.

a lot of the other things that make it 'required' is just more lovely behavior on the part of the game, to boot. huge number of enemies spawning in melee range, gutter runners spawning in flight, almost everything to do with the plague monk/berserker enemies, that crap is not okay on any level and that should definitely be fixed before we evaluate the nature of each individual weapon.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Johnny Joestar posted:

Normal felt like it was too easy spawning with the heal potion but it wasn't that bad. Hard feels right, atm maybe a pinch too hard sometimes. There's only 2 levels for the beta but I would expect at release most people would play normal mode for longer letting you get to a higher level before doing hard and higher.

Stanley Pain posted:

If you still have this problem change your audio settings in Windows to 48Khz 24bit or lower. I had the same problem when the output was set to 96Khz.

Thank you for solving my chipmunktide.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I played the first one a decent amount and foresee myself playing this a lot too. Don't get the objections. It's janky and buggy but so was the first one for a real long time. It's at least as good as 1, and if it's got a big playerbase again from a release, great

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Overall, I really do feel like this one has a lot of potential to be better than the first. That said, it does need some fixes, which in some cases are major, here and there. Balance and general tech issues aside, there is one major thing I could think of addressing which, in my opinion, would go at least some ways to help against certain new enemy types and making some players feel a lot more at home in the game.

With regards to the difficulty, I think that this game is harder than the first, which seems to be different from the experiences of some players. I mean, in VT1 I can't go on anything lower than nightmare unless I reeeallly need to turn in a contract since it's just waaay too boring. Mainly play cata and, even then, only a few levels/sections now really give trouble to the teams I join with.

On an unrelated note, I really do like Chaos quite a bit and think that, generally, they feel distinct from the Skaven.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Quick play is a mess if you want to play one class. Even more of a mess some times when you just join and it fails as people leave and you go back to a lobby. Maybe yours, who knows!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

I'm having an easier time on Hard than normal, partly because I've finally figured out all the silly little settings one had to tweak for Maximum Tryhard Vermintide and also because the punters are scared of Hard so the teams in aggregate are better.

The spawns get silly in ways; but then again the fastest way to make friends is mutual adversity.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Third World Reggin posted:

Quick play is a mess if you want to play one class. Even more of a mess some times when you just join and it fails as people leave and you go back to a lobby. Maybe yours, who knows!

It was the same way it was in the first, but you didn't have to lvl up to play the character a certain way. Cheatengine will fix this later.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vermintide is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-rat cooperative e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Warhammer Heroes!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Digirat posted:

Vermintide is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-rat cooperative e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Warhammer Heroes!

thread title

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Digirat posted:

Reminds me of this but idk why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7VrmQpAbqE

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Anyone else have issues with sound cutting out and some times fixing itself or just a few sounds fixing their selves?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Yeah, sound issues are pretty regular for me.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Coolguye posted:

i literally timed you on the bugged out horde that spawned in front of us on our second map yesterday; it's why i stopped moving when it happened. you killed the entire thing in under a second. the horde attack noises were entirely gone within 6. our bots were lagging behind and even they had nothing to do by the time they caught up to us with their increased movement speed, because bots. it is not at all hyperbole to say that this is happening, and it's not at all hyperbole to say that's a real problem.

the hagbane does need to be nerfed. period. in its current incarnation i do not feel like i have a place in a party if someone is spamming it, which happens about once every 3 games i've played during the tech tests. a 33% boredom rate is completely unacceptable.

1) make armored enemies very resistant to the DoT. this means the hagbane becomes a stellar horde-destroyer, but you still need your teammates to handle stormvermin, chaos warriors, ratlings, etc. this is the inverse of the handgun and i think it's a perfectly fine niche for the weapon to fill. this also puts it closer to the status quo for bardin's flamethrower, though his weapon is limited by range rather than special resistances. i favor this approach, though i admit it will be very difficult to communicate what is going on.
2) make chaos in general resistant to the DoT (they're all nurgle devotees anyhow). this is a very weird and lovely-feeling niche but it's not unprecedented with some of the other weapons, either. the shotguns in particular are absolutely loving amazing against Skaven, but decidedly meh against chaos.
3) make the ammo limitation actually relevant, which i completely disagree with it being a thing right now except on Shade, because Shade gets less ranged ammo as a rule. you were running Handmaiden yesterday and killed 80% of the rats on the level and still did not run out of ammo for any substantial length of time. Waystalker it will probably never be relevant because of her active; perhaps this strategy needs to be paired with just toning down Waystalker's active. i really don't like this approach because it keeps Hagbane in its stupid as hell status but this was the solution used in VT1 and i at least never felt like i was made obsolete by the bow in VT1. it's at least workable.

When we played in Phase 2, the part you saw on the stairs and voiced your disdain at, the bow was bugged in that version. It was fixed and is in its best possible form. Though I don't know where anyone is getting that bit about its AoE being reduced a second time. Right now, its AoE is perfect. The bow itself only kills about 12-16 enemies per shot if used on condensed swarms, and weakens/stumbles the rest. This is good.

1) If armored enemies become resistant to it, then that destroy the Elf's ability to defend herself from the new specials. Ratling Gunners and Warpfire throwers, both enemies that require a ranged option, cannot be dealt with and that is just not acceptable from any design standpoint. Stormvermin notwithstanding.

2) Not acceptable either. Maps have clear focus on Chaos or Skaven. In this thread I posted a 5000 word write up on Kerillian's current state on Fatshark's CBT forum, someone of course came by to remind everyone how great the longbow is as a Special killer provided you can aim because of its 1-shotting. That high level of skill - I don't need to remind anyone how difficult it is mark heads in this game when the target isn't just standing still - is impossible to keep consistent for 99% of the player base. Me personally, I have shaky hands. It's not a good alternative weapon because that's all it does and everyone else does it anyway. If this weren't a co-op game with hundreds of enemies to kill, then maybe this one-shot-one-kill style of weapon would be good. But you can't require something like that in levels that last 20+ minutes, not when so many other dangerous things are happening in hectic scenarios that need attention.

3) Didn't run out of ammo because I only used it when I needed it. This is just taking issue with the thought of people spamming it, and that's going to happen no doubt. Just like I railed against the Bolt Staff and Trueflight Bow. Except in those cases, there were much better alternatives that nobody was considering. In this case, nobody is considering that her other bows are so bad and unusable and do nothing fun, unique, or outstanding and perform their jobs sub-optimally compared to similar weapons.

The Waystalker's active only restores ammo at Level 25 if you take the appropriate talent.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 18, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lunethex posted:

The bow itself only kills about 12-16 enemies per shot if used on condensed swarms, and weakens/stumbles the rest.
just

jesus

what other weapon can kill 15 enemies at whatever range you want, without regard for what enemy it even is?

Lunethex posted:

1) If armored enemies become resistant to it, then that destroy the Elf's ability to defend herself from the new specials. Ratling Gunners and Warpfire throwers, both enemies that require a ranged option, cannot be dealt with and that is just not acceptable from any design standpoint. Stormvermin notwithstanding.
this exact situation also arises with slayer bardin, bardin/kruber using shotguns, two of sienna's staves, etc. it's not unique by a long shot. i suppose if you want to argue that every weapon should be good for every situation ever then yeah sure this argument makes sense but otherwise we're in a spot where everyone ELSE has weaknesses, but kerillian conspicuously doesn't. that's part of the way the game becomes co-op, individual people have specialties and the team works together to provide strong facings on all fronts. my central complaint right now is that unless i am using one of the very few 'in' weapons, hagbane especially, i'm not bringing anything to the table. i couldn't care less about what this does in the context of the current environment where spawns are hosed up, specials cheat like bandits, and very dangerous units spawn with no warning because the director decided it was time for you to eat a dick. all of those are serious issues but they need to be addressed separately.

re: 2 - the entire reason that approach might kind of maybe work is precisely because each map has a chaos or skaven focus. if you end up on a chaos map the hagbane won't be helpful, which would at least change the clear supremacy problem a bit. i agree it's a lovely solution though for being arbitrary, and therefore i don't really feel that helps that much. and yeah, the whole thing with the longbow is so loving dumb. it seems really obvious to just set it up such that it's a handgun-like for Kerillian but fatshark has never shown a lot of interest in doing that and king dorks seem to think that because you could theoretically click a head with a lovely sight and an arc it's perfectly balanced.

re: 3 - your definition for 'needing it' was to kill eighty percent of the enemies that spawned on the stage, man. to put that in perspective, your definition of 'needing it' obliterates the need for two of your teammates entirely. even if you presume a more stereotypical cocaine chomper does half as well as that you're still talking about reducing two teammates to half duty. i really do not remotely understand how this can be an acceptable state of affairs; if it is, we may as well stop pretending and make the game two-player co-op instead.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Coolguye posted:

just

jesus

what other weapon can kill 15 enemies at whatever range you want, without regard for what enemy it even is?

this exact situation also arises with slayer bardin, bardin/kruber using shotguns, two of sienna's staves, etc. it's not unique by a long shot. i suppose if you want to argue that every weapon should be good for every situation ever then yeah sure this argument makes sense but otherwise we're in a spot where everyone ELSE has weaknesses, but kerillian conspicuously doesn't. that's part of the way the game becomes co-op, individual people have specialties and the team works together to provide strong facings on all fronts. my central complaint right now is that unless i am using one of the very few 'in' weapons, hagbane especially, i'm not bringing anything to the table. i couldn't care less about what this does in the context of the current environment where spawns are hosed up, specials cheat like bandits, and very dangerous units spawn with no warning because the director decided it was time for you to eat a dick. all of those are serious issues but they need to be addressed separately.

re: 2 - the entire reason that approach might kind of maybe work is precisely because each map has a chaos or skaven focus. if you end up on a chaos map the hagbane won't be helpful, which would at least change the clear supremacy problem a bit. i agree it's a lovely solution though for being arbitrary, and therefore i don't really feel that helps that much. and yeah, the whole thing with the longbow is so loving dumb. it seems really obvious to just set it up such that it's a handgun-like for Kerillian but fatshark has never shown a lot of interest in doing that and king dorks seem to think that because you could theoretically click a head with a lovely sight and an arc it's perfectly balanced.

re: 3 - your definition for 'needing it' was to kill eighty percent of the enemies that spawned on the stage, man. to put that in perspective, your definition of 'needing it' obliterates the need for two of your teammates entirely. even if you presume a more stereotypical cocaine chomper does half as well as that you're still talking about reducing two teammates to half duty. i really do not remotely understand how this can be an acceptable state of affairs; if it is, we may as well stop pretending and make the game two-player co-op instead.

You seem angry about a game that is still in closed beta

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

you seem really eager for me to be mad about something, why is that friend

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Coolguye posted:

just

jesus

1) Bardin's Drakegun which, I wouldn't really talk about still, might get nerfed. Anything Sienna has which is obvious. Bardin & Kruber's Shotguns. All used in the right places accomplish these goals, just like when I use the Hagbane. In V1, the only time I am outperformed on the scoreboard is by a Grudge-raker used well. She's not the only one with these options.

3) I killed everything because that's just what I do lol. You know how I play - leading the way, being in the midst of everything - and you saw it. Also my level and the difficulty I was on made that even more trivial so I was technically overpowered no matter what I did. We're just arguing past each other not acknowledging that. You were at level 1 and you had the poo poo starter weapons they give you which gives you zero freedom. We're just bantering on a huge disparity here

Also I'm going to selfquote a reply I wrote to someone disagreeing on the long bow and hagbane descriptions I made.

quote:

It’s not a problem to shoot a stationary target and it requires a moment of concentration when they run directly at you. But consider the value of time, and what you are accomplishing with your shot. The AoE of the Hagbane allows you to snap off a shot anywhere at any time, and every arrow is more meaningful. When I think things through, where the shot matters - and this comes in handy as the Shade after so many rounds of V1 - you have total reliability. It’s a panic button in the worst of times. Its limited ammo becomes its bane unlike a mistaken shot or sudden juke from an enemy, both of which could waste the shot and defeat your effort. Your bane instead becomes knowing when and where to actually use the shot.

If your teammates are in danger from any number of enemies behind him, you can snap off a shot to save them no problem. If there’s something like a gutter runner pouncing someone in a swarm, the DoT finishes it off when you knock it off them. You run the risk of getting hit while trying to line up a shot to save them if you’re in a crowd, but the Hagbane makes this an effortless and almost involuntary process. If there’s a special, you can plant one arrow on it then follow up some other way, or a teammate will get around to it. This is how I look at it, in V1 and for V2.

Absolutely the people who are spamming it and accomplishing nothing for the team aren’t the best team players because they don’t use their melee at all, but that misuse I still feel is going to cast the bow in an unfair light. Even though the CBT may possess overblown spawns and enemy nonsense, the bow functions perfectly. I average 110~ or so ranged kills with it, and 200-300+ melee kills. Sometimes it evens up depending on the swarm condensation.

But yeah, that’s a lot of alphabet soup. To put it bluntly, I find this bow to be perfect because from my perspective and play style I play fast and intensive. I always lead the way. I’m always in the midst of things. I know where everything is at all times and if any dire situation arises all I can do is just point and shoot and clear it up, then get back to something else. There’s no way to combat it being spammed. I know I’m a minority compared to that majority, but there are no doubt people who use it well and efficiently.

It may be too powerful considering the changes made to make the game more fluid. In V1 it requires multiple arrows to kill any one special. In V2, it takes only one to kill a Stormvermin on Normal and Hard. Often I would fire only one just to weaken things and I never got much ranged kills there either. I don’t use the longbow for anything that isn’t a special, and it’s not the ideal weapon to use to save your teammates from some other things (PMs and Gutters sure but it’s not total) because you still have to line up the shot and aim to get the head to make it count.

And because it is meant to snipe specials (even Shotguns can destroy Packmasters now), I ask, why take it when other people can and will do the same action and you all fill the same role, when you can contribute more with something else?

But this is my experience. An overwhelming majority of my games are played with random people. I may have a sizable friends list from playing but I never set up private games - if people want to play they can join. It’s from watching how things play out every time over the years that I have this viewpoint where something like the Hagbane is an obligation to use because the other ends are covered.’

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Feb 18, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lunethex posted:

1) Bardin's Drakegun which, I wouldn't really talk about still, might get nerfed.

Please, if anything the drakegun could use a buff. :smug:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Lunethex posted:

The bow itself only kills about 12-16 enemies per shot

lmao what the hell is this

Just gonna throw literal bomb arrows at the rat horde, nbd

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
The problem is "you have to aim" is something every other character has to deal with as well. A handgun has to be aimed since if you miss, you have a lengthy reload time ahead of you (This goes for the shotgun types as well). Being able to rapid-fire three arrows at a special and get a body shot is far easier.

The hagbane and drakegun are necessary evils with the current bloated spawnrates but the fact that other characters have nothing that compares leaves them a little behind, and makes it so that all they can do is clean up the occasional straggler or special when the dynamic duo get grabbed.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

- 977 enemies
- 995 enemies
- 1021 enemies

Played as Shade for all of these using Dual Daggers. Killing in the ballpark of 12-16 enemies in one shot is pretty fine when you consider they are slave rats and I only have 17 shots. Still the ultimate purpose of the Hagbane is weakening every enemy, or slowing down a horde. It makes melee mop-up simpler. We'll see what happens to the enemies in the next beta, but I don't have the game pre-ordered. Bears mentioning that I am pretty sure Fatshark fixed a thing where DoT kills counted as whatever weapon kill you have equipped. Since I always switch from Hagbane to Melee after firing instantly, the ranged kills are completely accurate in its actual performance.

And if the criticism of the Elf is that she just plain needs a nerf for this or that reason, here's a picture from my first ever round in Vermintide 2 with the poo poo starting weapon she had compared to people who would ostensibly be carrying me. Just because I'm able to do these things doesn't mean anyone else will and I don't think it deserves to be nerfed because of how I use it. I've certainly felt that 'why did I show up' too whenever someone plinked the head of a Stormvermin with their Crossbow or Handgun just as I was about to cut its head off or even worse, threw a bolt staff spear over twelve homes. But while the aimbot weapons needed to be looked at, the people who did their jobs well earned their moments just as much as I do.

If the game suddenly took a turn as a strict co-op game where everyone fulfills a niche I wouldn't find this any fun anymore because these strengths and abilities make up for a deficient team in a public setting, allowing people to shine together and stand out on their own based on personal skill. Being forced to rely on someone else to do some exact thing at some exact moment or everything goes to poo poo instantly isn't my idea of a grand time which is why I can't stand MMO raids but well you know.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 18, 2018

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Looking for new friends to play Vermintide 2 with cause my two buddies I was going to play with are going to get sent to the grudge squat book realm.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Anyone else have issues with sound cutting out and some times fixing itself or just a few sounds fixing their selves?

On the forest map I continually hear all the sounds playing from outside the physical bounds of the map, like up top of cliffs and over the ruin walls. Meaning I have to spin frantically around whenever I heard a horde spawn because it can't possibly be coming from where it sounds like. :downs:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How long is the closed test going to go on for?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Until the 28th I think were the open beta starts.

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Here's the schedule from the newsletter:

22nd Feb: Closed Beta (Progress not saved)
28th Feb: Pre-order exclusive beta (Progress saved unless unforeseen technical error occurs)
8th Mar: Release

Edit: beaten.

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
Just chiming in to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying V2 aside from the sound issues. I had to stop playing since no progress is saved and I didn't want to burn myself out on two maps that I know I'll have to play constantly again when starting over.
Definitely some balance issues and weird bugs. Elf can single-handedly murder a column of stormvermin with her arrows. That can't be working as designed.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Setting dynamic range to low seems to have cured the sound issue for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

V2 is so good, playing 1 again isnt as fun.

• Locked thread