Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Mission 16 (Europe) and 17 (America) are their respective versions of the Separation battle. As I said before, a good chunk of events here are the same, so I’ll just go over everything that changes in both missions in relation to how things played out in the Japan route.

First scene, the US version is identical to the Japan route, with Sumeragi and Sima Yi replacing Moritsugu and Zhou Yu respectively.
Same for the EU version, only there’s a quick insert at the start where Makabe finally gets to thank Richard properly for the UX’s help during the previous Festum attack (no problem, since it was work). Zhuge Liang and Scarlet lead the talks on this side.

Introduction of the other Fafner kids is the same, as is the moms’ convo by ALVIS’ CDC.

Next up we have the Fafner kids’ meetup after the sim ends:
In the US route, the only major difference is that, instead of Koyo complaining about them having to fight other people, is that we got absolutely no recognition despite risking our lives fighting. Seems to Kazuki and the others that the world doesn’t think too well of the UX, and Koyo figures the adults and Soushi have a screw loose for buddying up with a group like that. From there, the rest is the same.

On the EU route, however, things change a bit since the Fafner kids haven’t had the chance to leave the island yet. Kazuki and Maya are there to praise the newbie trio on their growth as Fafner pilots, but Sakura doesn’t wanna be coddled – they still lost pretty handily. Fast forward a bit and Shinn and Luna arrive to meet them. Yeah, they’re back but on a mission, and things are expected to go down now that we’re here.
Will the newbies get a chance to deploy? Unlikely, as Kenji figures they’re just spares – Kazuki and Koyo are the main boys. Luna’s heard that Koyo was also nominated as a full Fafner pilot, a choice he himself made. After all, he clearly couldn’t trust Kazuki and Soushi to handle things. He sure as hell doesn’t accept Soushi’s willingness to sacrifice others for the mission.

The following scene with Arnie and Saya is absolutely the same, barring the different hangar they’re in.

By the Devil’s Ray, we’ve other folks accompanying Mizoguchi and Maya:
In the US route, Mizoguchi’s just as hyped to have the legendary Sima Yi tagging along. Lux is also there, but she’s not sure how useful she could actually be – having a beautiful princess nearby is always a major boost to morale, Mizoguchi explains! “Mr. Mizoguchi, could you please take this seriously…?” Maya sighs.

In the EU route, Mizoguchi’s hype is, of course, directed at the legendary Zhuge Liang. Mizoguchi’s quip about this being a simply fishing trip perks the Gundam’s ears(?), and he asks that we let him handle everything. See, he was quite the famous fisherman before meeting Liu Bei… though that’s not really what we’re doing here, of course. Scarlet is also on hand, THE best person to have for when poo poo hits the fan, and Mizoguchi figures her battle-hardened marine self being here means he can take it nice and easy. Maya sighs again.

Back at ALVIS, this scene’s the same.

Mission 16 (Europe Route) / Mission 17 (America Route) – Separation ~ Friends

Ditto for the scene before the battle, only, in the US route, it’s Aesap worrying about the investigation team (especially Lux, of course). Zhang Fei does the worrying in the EU route.

When Jin shows up, everything plays out pretty much the same, but there’s this extra bit at the end, after Richard warns us about the Riot A’s generator:

: But aren’t there people aboard those things?! Are you telling us to attack other humans?!
: If you don’t, then it’ll be you who’ll get attacked by them.
: …?!
: Pull back, Kazuki! If you can’t do it, then, I’ll…!
: Koyo…
: (Jin… I swear, I’ll just immobilize your unit…!)

Kariya’s suggestion that we engage the island’s Fenrir and Mizoguchi doing so are mostly the same.
In the US route, while the investigation team is getting ambushed, Lux actually cuts down a few Festum with her sword. She truly is the daughter of a Holy Warrior, Sima Yi sees (King Sakomizu taught her how to fight, though she didn’t expect to need it today). Sima Yi’s memorized the map of the island and it’s now up to him to get everyone out – as Mizoguchi’s read in the Thirty-Six Stratagems, “escape is not defeat”!

In the EU route, Scarlet’s easily gunning down the incoming Grendels (Zhuge Liang praises her skill, though does not understand her cussing – he prefers it that way). Kongming’s also got the map memorized, so Mizoguchi asks him to show the quickest way out: “Ain't no sandstorm here and dummies won't fly with a bomb, so we just gotta book it!”

Here are the unique convos people have against Jin across both versions:

: That white robot from Center City… so you were with the UX!
: I am now, but… what we’re doing today is no different from what we did back then, and that’s keep people from getting hurt!

--

: Hey, isn’t Arnie your friend?! Why can’t you just hear him out for one drat second?!
: So now you’re trying to rope me in too?! I’d never let worms like you trick me, though!
: Yeesh… Guess it’s gonna take roughing this guy up some to get him to listen!

--

: You’re also in with the UX?! If your gang just didn’t exist, we…!
: This isn’t good… Unless he’s stopped, that hate-filled aura will keep on growing and…!
: And he’ll go Hyper?!

--

: That’s one of the bug mechs that attacked Yokosuka! You’re gonna pay for all our brothers-in-arms your people killed!
: You got it all wrong! Aesap didn’t—
: Don’t even try it, Erebos. This guy’s already covered from head to toe in an Aura Power of pure hatred!

--

: Hah… So even in a different world, self-righteous loyalists set themselves against me!
: Don’t you dare mock me! What’s more self-righteous than a bunch of terrorists like you?!

--

: Isn’t Arnie your friend?! Why can’t you just hear him out for one drat second?!
: So now you’re trying to rope me in too?! I’d never let worms like you trick me, though!

--

: You’re also in with the UX?! If your gang just didn’t exist, we…!
: Looks like he’s so blinded by anger and hate that he can’t even see what’s around him!
: Well, an rear end-kicking is just what the doctor ordered for folks like that!

--

: A government’s army is tasked with defending the people, no?! Then there’s no reason for us to battle one another!
: Are you joking?! You’ve got a lotta nerve saying that to me after your gang’s wholesale terrorism…!

--

: You terrorist worm! It’s because trash like you are prowling about that everything’s so messed up…!
: “Terrorist”…?
: Well, e x c u s e you! I t h i n k “a d o r a b l e girl” is w h a t y o u meant to s a y!

When you kill Jin’s mooks, however, our less-than-experienced fighting humans Fafner kids in the EU route pitch in:

: U-Uwaaaaaaah!
: Jackson…?!
: Forgive me, Captain…! I couldn’t do anything…!

: Jackson! You bastards… you killed my man!

: N-No… he died… because of us…!
: Calm down, Kazuki. Your brain waves are in disarray.
: “Calm down”?! I just saw someone die right in front of me! How the hell can I calm down?!
: …

--

Kill the second one…

: Argh…!
: Cameron, eject!
: I-I can’t… it’s not working! No…! Aaaaaaaaah!

: Cameron! Rrgh… You’ll pay for this, UX!

: What the hell, Soushi?! I thought the pilots could still bail out even after getting shot down!
: There’s always a chance that things go wrong due to equipment malfunction! You need to focus on the battle right now!
: Kch, focus on this battle…?! How am I supposed to focus on killing people?!

And the third one…

: Gwaaargh! My… my eyes!
: Barkley!
: C-Captain… where’s the enemy?! I-I’ll try to ram them—!

: My… my Unit…! They were the very first subordinates I ever had…!
: Unknown Xtrikers…! YOU SONS OF BITCHES!!

: People dying one after another… this is how war is like…?
: (That’s strange… Those were the Federation’s most state-of-the-art mechs, yet every single one had a malfunction in their ejection equipment…?)
: (Was it just a coincidence? If not, then…)

And, boom, we’ve successfully amplified the Fafner kids’ trauma several times more than the US and JP routes ever did. :toot:

:siren: SRW UX - Shangri-La

Have a bonus, Kaz.

And the rest of the mission plays out pretty much unchanged: Jin goes down, Koyo gets mind-crushed saving Maya’s team and we need to leave as the Fenrir goes off.
Of note, in the US Route, as Maya slaps Soushi for being insensitive to what happened to Koyo, Cao Cao intervenes: “That is enough. Hurling insults at one another will not restore this man. There is only one thing that can be done to honor the fallen… and that is victory!” Shinn concedes that he has a point, but that hardly makes things easier on Maya and the others.

The scenes with Mizoguchi and Makabe, Richard and Saya are both the same, but Arnie, of course, has different company depending on the route:
In the US route, Marvel tells him that things hardly go the way anyone wants in battle. She understands that that’s not any consolation, but it’s the truth. Shou, however, tells her to just leave Arnie be: there’s no point in talking to someone who’s keeping a wall around himself. Cham chides him, saying they need to be gentle at moments like this, but he disagrees: is gentleness all it takes for one to pull himself back together? He doesn’t think so, remembering that he was just as grief-stricken after he killed Todd. Regardless, we all did everything we could to find Jin, but there was just not enough time.

In the EU route, it’s Zhang Fei and Guan Yu. Fei says Arnie’s not the only one who’s suffered loss, pointing out that furface lost the love of his life in battle as well. Guan Yu tells him to lay off, but Zhang Fei wants to say this: everyone goes through a lot of bad crap, but they all pull themselves together and find the strength to carry on with their lives. Yes, it hurts like hell, but you can’t just break down; he can’t stand the sight of Arnie being this crestfallen. Guan Yu very much sympathizes with Arnie’s loss but, despite everyone’s best efforts, time simply ran out.

At the end of the America version, we get a couple of extra scenes:

: I see… so that’s what happened at Tatsumiya…
: Things took quite the turn for the worse for Ensign Berge and the Fafner kids, hm…
(on the phone): But we’ll still need them to find the strength to carry on through it…
: And how are things going on your end?
: Honestly… we’re smelling fish around here – more so nowadays. If possible, I’d like to ask that your group returns ASAP.
: Roger that. I’ll let the others know.

*Bloop.*

: I suppose this building is about to get quite lively again with their return.
: That, it will… But, first and foremost, we must see to our local issue…
: You mean the so-called Anti-Machina weapons that Kiriyama Heavy Industries developed, yes?
: I wonder… They’ve no Machinas of their own to research on, so how were they able to create such a thing…?
: If I had to guess… I’d say our company’s classified data is being leaked…
: Th-Then… there’s a spy in our midst, sir…?!

: We only managed to complete those as quickly as we did thanks to the data you provided.
(also on the phone): …
: And now our plan can finally be set in motion…
: I trust you’ll be here for the reveal…
: Won’t you, Moritsugu?
: I intend to, yes…

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

Is this line right? It's kind of weird to see Kiriyama calling Moritsugu by his last name, considering he's one of the...two characters in the entire manga to address him as Reiji (to note, neither person with a crush on him calls him something other than Moritsugu(-san/-sama, depending on which)). He may have done it at this point though, I don't remember the entire thing perfectly.

Also having the Fafner pilots even fight humans kind of goes horribly against Makabe's personality in Fafner proper but I guess there's nothing you can do about that in Super Robot Wars. It's not the first gigantic deviation anyways, since Soushi in the series was very much against leaving Tatsumiya Island regardless of circumstance.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is this line right? It's kind of weird to see Kiriyama calling Moritsugu by his last name, considering he's one of the...two characters in the entire manga to address him as Reiji (to note, neither person with a crush on him calls him something other than Moritsugu(-san/-sama, depending on which)). He may have done it at this point though, I don't remember the entire thing perfectly.

I found it weird too, but that's how he addresses him in this scene.

Edit - see here:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 14, 2018

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Brunom1 posted:

And the rest of the mission plays out pretty much unchanged: Jin goes down, Koyo gets mind-crushed saving Maya’s team and we need to leave as the Fenrir goes off.
Of note, in the US Route, as Maya slaps Soushi for being insensitive to what happened to Koyo, Cao Cao intervenes: “That is enough. Hurling insults at one another will not restore this man. There is only one thing that can be done to honor the fallen… and that is victory!” Shinn concedes that he has a point, but that hardly makes things easier on Maya and the others.

America route continues to be the best route :911:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Cao Cao's group is clearly the best SD gundam group.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Alright, last time we closed off the last unique mission in the US route, now we’re gonna do the same for Japan. Joe’s deploying solo as an event unit, but everyone else is free, so here’s how we’re going:
Mamoru/Rennie
Yamashita/Mike
Sun Quan/Saya
Arnie/Deceive
Kenji/Sun Shangxiang
Shinn/Moritsugu
Sakura/Eida
Kazuki/Luna
Kouichi
Tactician: Zhou Yu

Off we go.

We open up at the Federation Army HQ in New York, where Hazard is getting the memo on The Boom Army’s main fleet being on its way to Earth… only, no, Grathan says he was just bluffing in a bid to unsettle Ylbora. That’s a relief to Hazard, as it’ll take some more time before Earth is ready to welcome His Majesty, the Emperor.
Is he talking about his plan to “reform” the Federation Army? Right, and once it is in place, taking over the Earth Sphere will be simplicity itself. Hazard is certain Emperor Annex will be pleased, and promises that Grathan will reap enormous glory from all this. Grathan knows who he’s dealing with, of course, and sniffs that Hazard’s first priority has always been himself. Oh, but that’s what “quid pro quo” is all about, no?
In any case, Grathan is moving in troops to attack the village of Akoro to try and put Ylbora’s back against the wall, and Hazard’ll take care of feeding the Federation government some bullshit excuse to justify it.

As the call ends, Hazard harrumphs at the guy’s attitude. The last laugh will be his, though, as once the Earth Sphere is under his control, everything else will follow suit. Dog Tack is a bit concerned, though: was Grathan really bluffing in regards to The Boom fleet coming here?
There’s no way to tell, as the guy clearly doesn’t trust them enough to come clean about everything. Regardless, they must hurry: Hazard wants the upcoming battle recorded in full. They’ll have some very amusing stuff to showcase when the federal parliament reconvenes.

Cut to halfway across the world, Ylbora just compiled a new star chart and checking the Sherma System… there is no data collected on Planet Ladorio. He’s tried it again and again, and nothing. Was Grathan actually telling the truth and their world is gone…?!
Shaff walks in right then. They’d been wondering where he was last night – Gameran searched high and low, and couldn’t find him. Ylbora grunts that he was in his room, as even he needs a good night’s sleep once in a while.

That was one of the first places Gameran checked, of course, but Ylbora simply handwaves the question away. Where is the princess? In the briefing room, with Joe and the others, checking whether the legend we heard of that undying ninja in Akoro was true or not.
Ylbora fumes at the princess being with Joe again and stomps away.

And, unfortunately, Domyoji reports that there are no ninja to be found in Akoro. He says the story was just a cover to protect the village’s secret… or, better put, to protect Soubi’s secret. What does he mean by that? And where is he? Damian says they’re in a cave inside that sacred mountain behind the village.
Damian had found the place when he was prowling about before and Domyoji declares that the answers to all our questions were waiting inside. He’ll have to save the explanation for later, though – they’ll come back as soon as they’re done combing the place. And he cuts the comm right there, leaving Kouichi to wonder what the guy’s up to.

Still, considering the certainty with which he declared that there were no ninja in the village, Zhou Yu figures he must have found some definitive evidence. But, as Joe and Mike remember, the villagers DID manage to capture Kouichi and Saya’s group (setting aside Damian, who got caught due to his peeking in the girls’ bath) – how could a bunch of regular old men and women pull that off?
Well, to begin with, Saya notes that her group never actually fought against the villagers when they showed up. How did they get captured then? Well, they got spooked after hearing voices and, in their confusion, they got hit from behind and knocked out.
Quite the surprise attack and exceedingly well-executed – if anything, Arnie takes it as a valuable learning experience. And it tells Soushi that villagers must have dealt with trespassers that way many times to have grown so proficient at it, so it begs the question from Kenji: what is this secret that they’re so dedicated to protecting?

Moritsugu figures we’ll just have to wait for Domyoji’s report on that, but Ylbora runs in and says no. The investigation’s over and the Elshank is departing NOW. Joe asks what the hell he’s on about, and Ylbora says that The Boom Army caught wind of our presence here – they’re headed this way right now, and he begs Romina to give the word to depart.
The princess notes that Damian and Domoyji are still out, but Ylbora yells that there’s no time. They need to leave immediately or it’ll be too late! Zhou Yu warns Ylbora against rash decisions – what happened to the prudence he displayed before?

Joe can tell that Ylbora’s hiding something, but the guy snarls that it’s none of his beeswax. Before Joe can get in his face for that, however, the alarm sounds: The Boom Army is already here, so Richard orders everyone ready to scramble.
As we run off, Joe turns to Ylbora: “drat it, Ylbora, I’d just started to think that maybe you were a decent-ish commander! You let me down big time!” He leaves, and Romina suggests they head to the bridge. Ylbora asks her to wait, though – he wants to take her some place safe.

: *Cough, wheeze*…

*Door opens!*

: Kaoru!
: Oh, my. Why the rush, Emi? Is something wrong…?
: Yes, it’s too dangerous for you to stay here! Come with me, quick!
: Why, thank you for your concern… but you really don’t need to do that.
: But…! There’s going to be a battle soon – you’ll be caught right in the middle of it!
: Honestly, you don’t have to worry. I don’t have much time left anyway…

: What beautiful hands a young girl like you has…
: Kaoru…?
: I wonder if used to be as pretty as you when I was your age… It’s been so long, I can’t even remember…
: Emi… I’m fine where I am. Rather than helping me, I’d like you to…
: I’d like you to help Soubi… *cough, cough, cough*…!
: ?! Kaoru…!

: There. That’s the last of the ancient books they kept in the shrine.
: There’s a lot of interesting stuff here… the start of their “demon” faith, how it connects to this sacred mountain, and even the truth about that “undying ninja”…
: But the best one is this: a diary belonging to the village chief’s dad.
: You can actually read these squiggly lines?
: Well, you can call me something of an expert on this. I reckon that’s why the boss let me tag along…
: Domyoji… who are you, really…?
: Alright, come on, Damian. I think it’s time for an exorcism.
: An exorcism…? Of what?
: Of the proverbial “demon” that’s binding Soubi.

Mission 17 (Japan Route) – Time Ebbs Away

*Insert enemies spawning all around us!*

: Battle stations, everyone!
: H-Hold on! Sir Ylbora and Her Highness haven’t made it back to the bridge yet!
: What?! The hell are they doing while this is going down?!

: Where are you going, Joe?!
: I’ll comb the ship for them! You guys go on ahead!

*Joe runs off.*

: Joe, wait just a—!
: Let him go; we don’t have any more time to sit around!

: (Hmhmhm… What will you do now, Ylbora? I hope you won’t disappoint.)
: Your primary goal is to eradicate The Boom Army’s forces, but be mindful of the Elshank. It’s currently immobile, so you will need to defend it as well!
: May we be victorious, my friends!

And that’s all there is to it: we need to wreck everything and make sure the Elshank doesn’t get dropped. Not too difficult (especially since our ship already has its barrier), as while the enemies will close in, they’ll always take shots at whatever’s close by, so your guys can intercept them all if you spread them out nicely.
Prioritize the Banks as not only are they stronger, the little Shamans can likely be oneshotted on their turn. Grathan has brought his C-Terahertz ship along for this, but he’ll hang back for a long while – ignore him until then.

:siren: SRW UX - Linebarrel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXOWt5Z_Qms
Ah, and here’s Kenji best non-combined attack.

:siren: SRW UX - Love Survivor

: They just keep coming…!
: Is the Elshank still stuck, Gameran?!
: I can’t move the ship all by myself, you know!
: Tsk… Ylbora, Princess Romina, where are you?!

: Ylbora, where are you taking me?
: I told you, Your Highness: some place safe.
: But, still, this is…!

: Here you are, Ylbora!
: Joe?! You didn’t deploy?!
: I was going to, but you were acting so weird that I had to come back!
: Rrgh, you meddling fool…! Stand aside, Joe!
: If you don’t… then I’ll have to gun you down!

*:tfrxmas:*

: ?! Ylbora…!
: You… You’re serious?!
: Yes, I am! I’ve a duty to defend Her Highness’ life!
: Ylbora, stop! For what reason would you do something like this?!
: Your Highness, I have always served you faithfully, willing to sacrifice my very life for you, have I not? Then I beg that you trust me!
: B-But…!
: Or do you trust this man more than me?!
: Princess…
: Put your gun down, Ylbora.
: ?! Your Highness…!
: To this day, I had never known someone I could count on more than you.
: However, how could anyone trust a man who points a gun at his companions?
: Y-Your Highness…!
: She’s right. I dunno what’s going on with you, but…
: … If only…
: What…?
: If only you hadn’t come here, Joe…!
: ?! Ylbora, stop!!

*Bang!*

: Gch…!
: N-No…!
: Princess! Ylbora, what the hell did you do?!
: N-No, I didn’t mean to! Your Highness, I would never… I…!

*He runs off.*

: Stop right there!
: U-Urgh… Joe…
: Are you alright, princess?! Hang in there!
: D-Don’t worry – it’s just a scratch. Ylbora is more important…
: Yeah, that guy! I was totally wrong about him! How could he shoot you like that…?!
: No, that was just an accident! His gun misfired – nothing more…
: …! Princess…
: Please, Joe, you have you bring him back! Save him from the abyss he’s running towards…!

: Okay, Princess. I promise you I’ll drag him back here… even if I gotta knock out a tooth or two to make it happen!

: That’s one of the Elshank’s fighter crafts? Who’s piloting it…?

*The fighter moves towards the C-Terahertz.*

: Everyone stop that plane! That’s Ylbora!
: Ylbora?! But why is he…?

: Ah, Ylbora! Is Romina in there with you?!
: No, she’s not. I failed to bring her…
: What?! And you still dare show your face around here…?!
: I don’t expect you to take me in without any compensation…
: Let me have one of your machines! I’ll… sink the Elshank myself!
: …?! Heheh, now you’ve got my attention! Have it your way!

: What?! That’s…!
: Ylbora…!
: I pointed a gun at Her Highness… I no longer have a home to return to…
: But I can still end your life, Joe…! I stake my pride as a Ladorian warrior on it!
: ?! S-Sir Ylbora…?!
: What in heaven’s name…!
: You… you dumbass…! Is that how you’re hoping to make Princess Romina happy?!
: Joe…
: Unfortunate as it may be, it seems Ylbora has sold his soul to the devil…
: Your Highness…!
: And as princess of Planet Ladorio, I cannot allow his aggression to continue!
: My friends, please lead me your strength… so that we may strike down that madman!
: Princess…
: How could you put the princess in that position, Ylbora…?!
: Get over here! I’m gonna knock some sense back into your skull!

And now we can’t lose Joe, either. Ylbora has been replaced by Gameran aboard the Elshank (his current spirits are: accelerate, strike, invincible).

Skeleton (Ylbora Saro)
Pilot Skills:
Ninja L1
Prevail L5
Support Attack L1
All Attack L1
Commander L1

Comparing Ylbora’s stats to bigger bosses we’ve had recently, like Garan, and he’s not QUITE on that level – still pretty good, though, especially with a very high Prevail and that Ninja skill.
Thankfully, the Skeleton remains rather middling, so he won’t be too dangerous with it. Ylbora’s primary stats are Melee, Evasion and Accuracy, so he’ll pull some not-insignificant numbers against your guys (but his bot can’t dodge worth a drat). Make sure you’re packing defensive spirits and down him quick, but take note…

:siren: Secret Alert! :siren:
Tobikage secret #2 – 3rd step: Have Joe finish off Ylbora.

He doesn’t run, so just make sure you remember to do this. Your guys should already have morale, Ylbora will always prioritize Joe and his max range – bait him in while your guys get in position and then swarm for the kill.

: I never took you for a great guy, Ylbora, but even I’m surprised at what an idiot you turned out to be!
: I doubt you can even imagine the humiliation of having your pride as a warrior crushed!
: So what?! Does defending your pride make it OK to betray the Princess?!
: None of this would’ve ever happened if you weren’t here…!
: If you didn’t exist, I…!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlBOUiyXjFg
Ylbora attacking: “This spot will be your tomb, Joe Maya!”
Joe taking big damage: “Ylbora’s running circles around me with all that speed!”
Ylbora taking little damage: “You’ve a long way to go, Joe. Kill or be killed… that’s how battles are!”
And, oh, boy, you hosed up now. That was a 30% chance to hit, but I’ll absolutely take it!

:siren: SRW UX - Tobikage Appears!

: I won’t tolerate any more of this nonsense, Ylbora! But if you lay down your weapons and surrender, I…!
: Forgive me, Your Highness… but I was a traitor the moment I turned my gun on you!
: Sir Ylbora…! drat it all… how did this happen?!

Romina attacking: “We must restore peace to the Sherma System… even if doing so will pit us against Ylbora…!”

:siren: SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend

: Cmdr. Ylbora, it is truly regrettable to see a man like you fall!
: I don’t expect you to understand, but my loyalty still remains…!
: You’re right – I don’t understand! Where exactly is the loyalty in turning your blade unto those you were supposed to defend?!

:siren: SRW UX - Shadows that Rend Darkness

: Cmdr. Ylbora, I do not share in Ensign Berge’s tenderness.
: The one standing against me can even be an old comrade, I still won’t show him any mercy!
: I say the same! I won’t hesitate to put down any one of you!

: You can try and justify yourself as much as you want, what you’re doing is betrayal – pure and simple!
: You’re free to say whatever you want. I might be branded a traitor, but I’ll still…!

: Why’d you point a gun at your teammates?! Is that your so-called pride as a warrior at work?!
: A child who’s lived a life as secluded as yours shouldn’t speak of things he doesn't understand!

Soushi: “He’s not our ally anymore!”
Kazuki: “I know, but…! drat it!”

:siren: SRW UX - Life Goes On

: What is wrong with you...?! Is your ego really that important?!
: It’s not in my nature to be so subservient that I could laugh away a wound upon my pride!

:siren: SRW UX - Future-Bound Fighting Spirit

: Why’d you do it, Cmdr. Ylbora?! You took a vow to protect Princess Romina with your life! How could you betray her?!
: Hmph… You shot down your sworn friend, no? I doubt you’ve any right to criticize me!
: ?! Rrgh, I…!

:thurman:
Our prize is a Damian's Karate Instruction Book (+10 Melee and Skill, +5 Accuracy).

: U-Urgh…!
: Now you stay right there, Ylbora!
: Kch… I’d never fall to a worm like you!

: Kaoru, what are you still doing here?! I know I asked that girl to get you away from here…!
: N-No, Soubi… it’s fine… I told her not to bother…
: And more important than me… Don’t you have something you should do…?
: Kaoru…?
: So-Soubi… that strength of yours…
: I’d like you to use it… to help those who really need you… use it to protect others…
: Kaoru, I…!
: That’s my… final wish…
: Soubi…
: I… I…!

*Soubi leaves the room.*

: Thank you, Kaoru…
: I-I hope… I helped… *cough, cough*
: Kaoru…!
: I-It’s all right… Now I’ll finally be able to set him free…
: I’m sure Soubi’ll rise to the occasion because of you – with both his feet planted firmly on the ground…
: Yes… I know he will…!

: Aargh…!
: Joe…?!
: You’re finished!

: Th-That’s…!
: Soubi…!
: I don’t know what someone like me can accomplish…
: But, if there’s something – anything – I can do, then…!

: Wh-What…?!
: Now!

: Hrk…!
: Ylbora…?!
: drat you straight to hell, Joe…! I swear that I’ll be the one to end your life…!

: W-Wait!
: (Ylbora… why?)
: Haah, haah…
: Can a demon like me really be a protector to others…?
: What’re you on about, huh? Didn’t you just protect one of my teammates?
: …! Thank you, Hayase…
: Alright, now let’s take it to ‘em – all of us together! We gotta keep these bad eggs from messing with your village!
: … Yes!

Talisman (Soubi Nakajima)
Pilot Skills:
Factor – baseline D-S.O.I.L. is 50
Prevail L3
Support Attack L1
Support Defend L2
Guard
All Attack L1
Spirit Commands:
Strike
Invincible
Mech Features:
Sword
10% HP Regen
Squad Bonus: Armor +100, Melee weapons’ +100 (Armor +150, Melee weapons’ +200, Barrier 1250)
Soubi’s voice actor: Hirofumi Nojima (other roles: Gainer in King Gainer, Mamoru in RahXephon, Siegfried in MJP and several more)

Soubi’s a bit of a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy in relation to our other Machina: his stats are decent enough, he has a focus on melee and defense, and his range is fine, though not spectacular.
Like in L, the Talisman only has two attacks (stab you; stab you then zap you – both are cheap, too), with his best applying Mobility and Movement Down debuffs. As far as attack power goes… his best move doesn’t beat Yamashita’s cannons, meaning he’s the second weakest Machina we have. That’s not a big problem right now, but he’ll really fall behind as we progress.
And that’s pretty much it, really. He doesn’t have a whole lot going, but his Squad Bonus can make him an decent fit to a Super that doesn’t require a dedicated Resupplier.

And, with that, we’ll set our sights on Grathan.

: Don’t you ever give up?! I don’t have any time to waste on you!
: Took the words out of my mouth! I’ll make sure this encounter’s our last!

: Why are you still doing this, Princess Romina?! Your quest for ninjas is pointless!
: Everything I do is in the name of the restoration of my homeworld!
: And despite the hardships we may encounter, we will never surrender! We cannot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW-86b_wG9Q
Here’s the C-Terahertz' best attack.

: You’re not beating us, guy! Just call it quits and run off!
: Cheeky little gnat! We’ll see if that attitude lasts after I’ve flung you into the pits of Hell!

: You never learn, don’t you…? All you’re doing is making yourself look like an idiot again and again!
: You won’t be giving me sass for long, you insolent girl!

: I’ll protect the place and people that are dear to me! That’s something I can do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD9AIHlgpK8
And here’s his best attack – we’ll get this DK out of the way.
Grathan drops a Book of Secret Ninja Arts (Evasion and Ranged +10, Skill +5).

: Rrrgh… Blast you earthlings! I’ll get you for this!!

: Looks like it’s over at last…

*Beep, beep!*

: Guys, we’ve an emergency! Kaoru’s taken a turn for the worse…!
: Ka-Kaoru’s…?!

: Kaoru! Stay with me, Kaoru!
: Sou…bi…
: She... she’s got terminal cancer? That’s what’s happening to her…?
: Mom, isn’t there anything you can do?!
: I-I…
: You don’t have to hide anything. I’ve already made peace with this…
: Kaoru…
: Soubi, thank you… I wouldn’t trade our fifty years together for anything…
: “F-Fifty”…?! Wh-What’s she talking about?!
: Kaoru’s not his mother or grandmother. She’s actually… Soubi’s wife.
: Wh-Whaaaaat…?!
: His wife…?!
: Hmhmm. And, truth be told, Soubi’s a seventy-year-old man…
: Huuh?!
: Seventy years ago, the villagers found the “great demon” – that is, the Machina – that legend said lied within their sacred mountain. Inside its cockpit was a sleeping baby.
: That baby was Soubi.
: A baby sleeping inside the Machina’s cockpit…?!
: And always being the Machina’s Factor, Soubi had superhuman abilities even as a small child…
: Pair that with the village’s own legend about its great demon, and Soubi was named and worshipped as the demon’s own child.
: Then that story about an undying ninja…
: Right. It was one of several rumors about Soubi that found their way out the village.
: Those rumors spread far and wide and, in time, he couldn’t stay here anymore. And so he left for Tokyo.
: And that’s where Soubi and Kaoru met…
: It was over fifty years ago…
: I worked at a movie theater in Kamata back then. Soubi was a regular there, always looking so happy while he watched the day’s screening… and I found myself attracted to him…
: But Soubi isn’t a normal man, so he was shunned from Tokyo as well…
: With nowhere else to go, he had no choice but to go back to his old village – and he brought you along with him.
: And from the moment I came back, I became the village’s religious icon.
: I severed all ties with the world outside the village and took up the duty of protecting it from trespassers… as the avatar of the great demon…
: So that’s the truth behind the demon’s legend…
: The village isolated itself, and I went on as its religious icon. In doing so, I lost my freedom…
: But I was content. The people here took in, raised and needed me – someone completely unknown and alien to them.
: And so it was and is my life’s duty to protect this village, even if it meant losing my freedom…!
: Actually, no, Soubi. That’s just how you presumed things were.
: What…?!
: The villagers didn’t take you in because it was a matter of faith.
: They did it just so they could keep you safe.
: ?! T-To keep me safe…?!
: They made that decision when they saw you after your return.
: “It might be impossible for this child to live outside our village… And, so, we’ll watch over him ourselves,” they thought.
: …!
: And from that moment on… Kaoru and all the villagers gave up on their own freedom. And to keep you a secret, they isolated the village and hid it from the rest of the world…
: Th-Then… Then, I…!
: I-It was me… I took away their freedom, tying them to this village…?
: No, no… I never felt like it was an imposition. I was truly happy throughout it all.
: Because… I was with the man I loved…
: Ka-Kaoru…
: You brought me so much joy, Soubi… and I’m sure you can do the same for others, too…
: But, I…!
: I know you’ll be all right…
: Thank you… from the bottom of my heart… for staying with me… until… now……
: ?! Kaoru…? Kaoru!!

: Kch… You’re wrong… you’re wrong, Kaoru… All I wanted…

: All I ever wanted was to grow old with you…

: He sought to protect them, but they were the ones protecting him… what a sad story…
: But now the bindings around him have come loose.
: Adding Soubi Nakajima and his Talisman is quite the boon to our team – more so since one of ours turned traitor…
: Wh-What did you say…?!
: Soushi! Do you really need to say it like that…?!
: I’m just stating facts.
: No, you’re lying! Sir Ylbora would never betray us… I won’t accept that!
: No? They why’d he leave?
: Why’d he fly The Boom Army’s machine?! You saw how sad he made the Princess! Isn’t she supposedly the most important person in the world for him?!
: That only happened because of you!
: What…?!
: You heard me! None of this would’ve happened if you weren’t here, Joe! It’s your fault that Sir Ylbora’s pride was…!
: Oh, cry me a goddamn river! That ain't pride, that's just throwing a pity party!
: What did you say?!
: That’s enough!
: Y-Your Highness…
: Ylbora has left us – such is harsh reality.
: We’ll now have to steel ourselves to fight our old companion, and we cannot hesitate. Rather, we must see it done for his own sake.
: B-But…!
: Dispense with the objections, Gameran. You will now take up the position of commander of the Elshank.
: I-I’m…?!
: Indeed. And I’ll replace Ylbora in regards to providing tactical commands.
: We must strive to fill in the gap left by him. Understood…?

*Romina leaves.*

: H-Hey! Princess, wait!
: Joe!
: W-What, Rennie…?
: You should just let her be for now…
: Rennie…

: *Sniffles* Ylbora… why…?!
: Why did this have to happen…?! Gch- Aaah…!

Cut to the C-Terahertz, Grathan surmises Ylbora’ll work with The Boom Army, but only to save Romina’s life. But, first, the latter would like to ask something: was Grathan just bluffing when he said that their main fleet was coming to Earth?
“And if I say it was? Will you kill me?” Grathan sniffs and, at length, Ylbora confirms that he’d love to do just that. But, as both men know, he no longer has anywhere he could turn to – ergo, his only option is to try and steal Romina away from us.

Ylbora fumes at Grathan’s gloating, but the guy tells him to chill: he’s sure Emperor Annex will welcome him with open arms IF he manages to snag the princess. “You’d best give this everything you’ve got – the lady you love depends on it. Hmhmhm… Mwahahaha!” Grathan laughs.
Inwardly, Ylbora tells Romina to feel free to shun him: “However, even if I’m to wear the mantle of an enemy, even if I’ve to suffer the flames of Hell for my crimes… I’ll gladly accept it if it’ll let me protect your life…!”

: So they managed to secure the new Machina?
: Yes, though it looks like a lot happened there…
: A Machina that was sealed away for hundreds of years, with a baby Factor inside its cockpit… Does that mean…?
: I think so, yes. He’s likely just like little Emi…
: A human from the world where Machinas existed.
: Well, I suppose we’ll see what’s what sooner or later.
: More important than that right now is our local issue.
: You mean the so-called Anti-Machina weapons that Kiriyama Heavy Industries developed, yes?
: I wonder… They’ve no Machinas of their own to research on, so how were they able to create such a thing…?
: If I had to guess… I’d say our company’s classified data is being leaked…
: Th-Then… there’s a spy in our midst, sir…?!

: We only managed to complete those as quickly as we did thanks to the data you provided.
(On the phone): …
: And now our plan can finally be set in motion…
: I trust you’ll be here for the reveal…
: I intend to, yes…

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 30, 2018

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
First Ylbora, now Reiji's gonna betray the team, and yet somehow I doubt either of them will stick :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hoo boy. I'm sure I'm meant to see something in Ylbora's pride and whatever, but he sure comes across as a gigantic rear end in a top hat acting for no explainable reason. I could sort of see it if this were the actual show, but here he's not lacking in allies, even if the enemy was about to attack with all their forces - something he has zero proof for and outright called as a bluff, if too late to matter - they had a way to fight back.

That there's another person willing to say it's Joe's fault for...existing, I guess, since he's done nothing other than being part of a stupid love triangle, only makes a bit character like Gameran that much more unlikable, but I guess at least he didn't decide "THE BEST WAY TO PROTECT THE PRINCESS IS TO BETRAY EVERYONE AND JOIN THE SIDE THAT WANTS HER DEAD :downs:".

Alacron posted:

First Ylbora, now Reiji's gonna betray the team, and yet somehow I doubt either of them will stick :v:

Considering the post itself said there's a Tobikage secret, and how Ylbora's betrayal has PRIDE and HONOUR and LOYALTY as reasons which Japan loving loves even if they go against any and all reason, I'd say that it's pretty obvious that Ylbora is said secret. But goddamn he does not deserve it.

Anyone who read the L LP knows that Moritsugu's betrayal here is temporary but I'll say this: the anime really, REALLY changed the "why" in that one. And talking about anime changes, hey, Soubi! Not Notbi, actual Soubi is in your party! I'm glad this scene was shown properly, since it's a pretty powerful one and one that heavily impacts upon the plot of Linebarrels from there on. One thing the game for obvious reasons (being basically a visual novel with very little care about the visual part) does not show that the manga did is how Kaoru and Soubi changed across the years - or rather, did not change. Kaoru aged like a normal person, Soubi looks literally the same as he did seventy years ago. It's pretty shocking, since the Factors' immortality is revealed right there.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
You can take the SRW away from Gundam Wing but you can’t take the Wufei out of the SRW

e: but really did i miss something? What did Joe concretely do that set off all the princess’s bodyguards, it’s not like he was super played up like that much better of a pilot than them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hoo boy. I'm sure I'm meant to see something in Ylbora's pride and whatever, but he sure comes across as a gigantic rear end in a top hat acting for no explainable reason. I could sort of see it if this were the actual show, but here he's not lacking in allies, even if the enemy was about to attack with all their forces - something he has zero proof for and outright called as a bluff, if too late to matter - they had a way to fight back.

That there's another person willing to say it's Joe's fault for...existing, I guess, since he's done nothing other than being part of a stupid love triangle, only makes a bit character like Gameran that much more unlikable, but I guess at least he didn't decide "THE BEST WAY TO PROTECT THE PRINCESS IS TO BETRAY EVERYONE AND JOIN THE SIDE THAT WANTS HER DEAD :downs:".

Considering the post itself said there's a Tobikage secret, and how Ylbora's betrayal has PRIDE and HONOUR and LOYALTY as reasons which Japan loving loves even if they go against any and all reason, I'd say that it's pretty obvious that Ylbora is said secret. But goddamn he does not deserve it.

Anyone who read the L LP knows that Moritsugu's betrayal here is temporary but I'll say this: the anime really, REALLY changed the "why" in that one. And talking about anime changes, hey, Soubi! Not Notbi, actual Soubi is in your party! I'm glad this scene was shown properly, since it's a pretty powerful one and one that heavily impacts upon the plot of Linebarrels from there on. One thing the game for obvious reasons (being basically a visual novel with very little care about the visual part) does not show that the manga did is how Kaoru and Soubi changed across the years - or rather, did not change. Kaoru aged like a normal person, Soubi looks literally the same as he did seventy years ago. It's pretty shocking, since the Factors' immortality is revealed right there.

Ylbora is suffering from the main weakness of every rival character. He wants to 'Protect' the Princess, but the Princess also wants Joe to 'protect' her, who wants to protect the Princess (No secondary meaning there), that means the solution is to DESPISE AND WANT TO KILL JOE!

I'm requoting myself here. too.

Mister Olympus posted:

You can take the SRW away from Gundam Wing but you can’t take the Wufei out of the SRW

e: but really did i miss something? What did Joe concretely do that set off all the princess’s bodyguards, it’s not like he was super played up like that much better of a pilot than them.

Ylbora can't pilot the ninjabots.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Onmi posted:

Ylbora can't pilot the ninjabots.

Oh duh. I don’t know why I tuned the Tobikage plot out specifically, especially because it’s pretty neat as far as the token old super robot series goes.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

Joe didn't really do anything - he just got Romina to fall for that sexy Inoue voice.

Problem is, Ylbora flipped out upon finding that their homeworld, whose restoration was the whole reason behind their "go find ninjas" quest, had apparently gone The Boom. That, plus the fear that Emperor Annex was coming here with his whole fleet to blow up Earth and them along, got him to panic and figure taking Romina and surrendering was the only way.

Joe showing up messed with his whole plan and, worse, pushed Romina to choose who she trusted/liked more - it wasn't Ylbora, which stung his pride. Thus, he figured there was only one way left to both honor-kill Joe and save Romina: join The Boom Army and work with them to bring in the princess by force.

As for Gameran, he's always been kind of a Ylbora fanboy, so Joe kind-of, sort-of being the cause behind the guy's defection got him all pissy.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Anyone who read the L LP knows that Moritsugu's betrayal here is temporary but I'll say this: the anime really, REALLY changed the "why" in that one.

Well I didn't want to make any assumptions seeing as how this is the Manga version and for all I know Moritsugu could be a traitor for totally realsies this time. I mean, he definitely isn't but still!

Ylbora... I can understand his motivations in the same way that I can understand why, say, Sirius would betray the Aquarion team. I still think they're both total Goofuses for doing so, but I understand why.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Always a good feeling when a stray hit gets through onto one of the Tobikage units and he shows up and fuses with them. As long as it actually does enough to trigger the fusion, that is...

I actually like Soubi as a unit. He is a two-trick pony, but a 4850 power (with 2 upgrade levels) 1-3 range post-movement attack, most notably usable at only 110 will is solid enough. Found him useful for dealing with bulky mooks early on in stages. Plotwise, definitely seeing why Mangabarrels is superior to Animebarrels. Finished reading the L LP a couple weeks back, and already finding this version of it more interesting.

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 17, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Tired: Tobikage shows up to steal kills.
Wired: Tobikage shows up to fuse with our mech.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
One thing Impact has over UX is that Tobikage just automatically fuses with one of the ninjas as soon as the Player Phase rolls around after he shows up, assuming you have any deployed (they're not always predeployed in missions where Tobikage shows up). He'll usually go for Joe if he's on the map (even if he's in a battleship), and will only fuse with Mike if he's the only one deployed, so you don't have as much control over which of the fused mechs you get to use. Plus he only shows up on predetermined missions at specific times, none of this "lose health and in comes Tobikage to steal your kills until you take just a little more damage" nonsense.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

SirSystemError posted:

I actually like Soubi as a unit. He is a two-trick pony, but a 4850 power (with 2 upgrade levels) 1-3 range post-movement attack, most notably usable at only 110 will is solid enough. Found him useful for dealing with bulky mooks early on in stages. Plotwise, definitely seeing why Mangabarrels is superior to Animebarrels. Finished reading the L LP a couple weeks back, and already finding this version of it more interesting.
Yeah, the gutting of Soubi's character was probably one of the most baffling decisions that Studio Gonzo made when making the anime. It wasn't like with the first Hellsing anime where they cut out Pip Bernadette and the Wild Geese mercenary unit as well as all of Millenium, as they were recently introduced when the anime debuted and Studio Gonzo had little to work with. Soubi's arc was volume 6 of the Linebarrels manga, which had been out for at least a year or so before the anime was made. People knew about Soubi, so the decision to reduce him into a generic villain character and to gut one of the harshest lessons that Kouichi faces (being a Factor carries a huge price, in that he will literally outlive people like Risako and Furuya) was one of the dumbest Studio Gonzo has made. And then they compound the decision by turning Soubi into a mindless Human-Machina drone and tried to make people care about his plight, which falls flat since Soubi's anime version has almost no character.

Mister Olympus posted:

At this point, Wufei might as well be a SRW character archetype along the lines of Navarre or Est from Fire Emblem.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

AradoBalanga posted:

At this point, Wufei might as well be a SRW character archetype along the lines of Navarre or Est from Fire Emblem.

Late Wuffles is actually a fairly decent infiltrator. Of course, he mostly pulls it off by pretending to be Early Wuffles, so that's not really much of a credit.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Tobikage hits a spot for me where I'd rather it didn't have a plot and just gave me the characters and mechs. The entire idea of sending space ninjas to Japan in order to look for ninjas to pilot the ninja robots that they are already piloting is ridiculous and not in a good way. With that said, I have faith in my friends the UX team to make Ylbora's arc better in this game than it was in Impact.

...Okay, so that bar is so low that it might arguably been already passed, but you can't expect too much from honorable rival bullshit arcs.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Here we are back at the Europe Route, with only one exclusive mission left before we reach 100% common ground between all three paths. I saw fit to give Mamoru Guard and Prevail L9 so he can withstand punishment befitting a proper Super Robot – nothing can stop my boy now!
Alto, Ozma and Fei-Yen are deploying as event solo units today, so here’s how we’re going:
Arnie/Kazuki
Tsubasa/Canaria (their job is to make sure the Fafner Trio, especially Mamoru, is constantly topped off on EN and killing stuff for their secret tally)
Shinn/Klan
Liu Bei/Luca
Guan Yu/Eida
Mazinkaiser/Saya
Michel/Kenji (boosts his range and has a weak attack to set up his kills)
Zhang Fei/Luna
Mamoru/Sakura (not the best range match-up, but the important bit is that all kills made by this team go straight to their secret – no need to worry, like in Kenji’s team, about the partner downing stuff)
Tactician: Zhuge Liang

While we’ll have a good farming spot later to nab kills, I’m hoping to minimize my work then as much as can be.
Off we go!

We open up at an abandoned colony, with a ZAFT mook wondering what the powers that be could be thinking, reactivating this place. It’s not like anyone could ever live here.
Another mook says this isn’t your average abandoned colony, though: it’s one of the many used to reflect REQUIEM’S beams back in the last war. That gets the mook worried. Why would the brass want to reactivate that weapon system?
There’s no time to ponder, though, as the Vajra suddenly appear and blast everyone.

Cut to Aprillius One, Empress Chairwoman Lacus Clyne gets the news of the entire restauration crew of that colony getting wiped out. As Kira relates, reports of the incident say they were attacked by some space creatures. Could it be the ones that attacked the Frontier Fleet? But why would they attack us?
Investigation is still underway, so Kira can’t give her any answers yet… “But maybe this was something of a heavenly retribution for us trying to revive that hateful weapon,” he ponders. Perhaps it is, but they must still carry onwards – there’s no choice if they’re to seize their future.
A ZAFT officer walks in, telling Lacus that they’re getting a call from Christopher Rubens…

The Quarter’s made it up into space and it’s the SD Gundam’s first time up here – Guan Yu is rather impressed with the pitch darkness as far as the eye can see. Mamoru points out an hourglass-shaped thing nearby and Scarlet explains that’s Aprillius One, capital of the PLANT colonies.
Zhang Fei didn’t expect to find countries even up here, but, as Tsubasa notes, they’ve got things pretty figured out: there’s even water and land like on Earth inside, and the local families have made it their second homeland. Liu Bei sees that some things stay the same, even in different universes: gather enough people and they’ll put new nations together.
And, hey, you can consider the Frontier Fleet as a space-faring nation in itself, as Luca points out. That’s great, but Kaido turns to Richard and asks if it isn’t about time he told us why we were brought all the way into space. In a bit, but he’d like to introduce us to our new teammates first: the ALVIS folk.

Toumi and Soushi present themselves as well as the Fafner kids, and Michel declares that a cute girl like Maya is always welcome. Klan fumes that he’s got guts making faces at the girl when she’s right here – would he like her to rearrange those glasses onto his face? Please don’t, and why does everyone around here threatens to break his glasses?! Eida and Tsubasa see how things are between Klan and Michel.
But, with that done, Richard moves to our current mission: defend Aprillius One. Shinn asks if they’re expecting a terrorist attack or something, but no. See, there’s going to be a major concert there, so the UX were hired to make sure everything proceeds with no unpleasant surprises.
Recruiting mercs for a concert strikes Magami as odd and he asks who this VIP singer is – Sheryl Nome, the Galactic Fairy. Alto stops short at hearing that and Kazuki asks if he knows her. Kind-of, sort-of, but, as Nene notes, there are scant few people in their world who don’t know the name.

Indeed, Lalamia adds that the lady has the vocals of a proper diva – she’s a major superstar. But why would Sheryl host a concert in the PLANTs? Fei-Yen isn’t listening, deep in thought over all the singing terminology – she’s feeling excited, but she doesn’t know why.
The fact that the Frontier Fleet came from another universe has been kept top secret until now, but Scarlet knows it’s only a matter of time before word gets out. Already there are rumors circulating in certain parts of Earth. And that’s why the Frontier’s folks decided to be proactive and approach the PLANTs with this concert: the whole event is meant as a show of friendship.

In other words, Zhuge Liang sees, this is a plan of the Frontier Fleet to properly introduce themselves to the world at large – a follow-up to their cooperation with the AEU. So it’s not your average concert, but an extremely important political event that could potentially lead to war if things go bad. And that’s what we’re here to make sure doesn’t happen.
Zhang Fei is ready to take on anyone looking for trouble, even in space, and that makes Kenji wonder… will the SD Gundams be alright fighting up here? Huh, why does he ask? W-Well, there’s no air out there… Zhang Fei doesn’t get it, instead making a pun that I don’t care enough to translate. Kenji decides to just back away.

: (Diva… concert…)
: (Why do these words feel so important to me…?)
: Fei?
: Is something wrong?
: N-N o, I’m f i n e! E v e r y t h i n g ‘ s good! Thanks!
: I t ‘ s just... I c a n ‘ t stop thinking a b o u t s o m e t h i n g...
: Well, what is it?
: I think that… b e f o r e I was reinitialized at M a c h i n e I s l a n d… I c a m e i n t o this world f r o m a different o n e...
: ...?!
: I don’t remember m u c h, but... I t h i n k I was alone b e f o r e I came h e r e…
: B u t, then, I s p o t t e d something… l i k e… this incredible joy. I t w a s v e r y f a r a w a y…
: S o I flew towards i t... I d i d n ‘ t r e a l l y c a r e about what c o u l d h a p p e n to me…
: A n d, t h e n, I think... that j o y f u l t h i n g stuck to me...?
: It “stuck” to you? Do you mean you joined together with something?
: Hmm… I d o n t k n o w… my head’s s t i l l f u z z y…
: But, y o u s a w when Alto and Nene w e r e talking a b o u t S h e r y l?
: Everyone was s o e x c i t e d... a n d, t h e n, f o r s o m e r e a s o n, I felt really good t o o!
: “Whoosh”... It w a s l i k e t h i s windy legato started e c h o i n g i n my heart!
: “Legato” is a manner of music performance, right?
: M o r e t h a n t h a t, it’s... a m a n n e r of singing... I think?
: A l s o, this feeling h a s b e e n g e t t i n g stronger since w e c a m e t o space...
: ... S o r r y, I ‘ m being strange, a r e n ‘ t I?
: No, no – not at all.
: You can see that in humans too. It’s said that when we set out to space, our brain waves increase and grow stronger as a way to better adapt to the new environment.
: That gives those humans enhanced sensitivity, which lets them understand one another even if they’re far apart… It’s like they’re evolving to become a new strain of humanity.
: A n e w strain? S e n s i t i v i t y...?
: So if we assume that your consciousness and sensitivity are expanding like a human’s would...
: Then that might be something of an upgrade you’re getting from coming to space… Like, you might’ve restarted yourself?
: R e s t a r t… A s i n, a reboot?
: I f that’s t r u e... t h e n song m u s t b e the key.
: Hmm... I ‘ d l o v e to sing about s t u f f l i k e who I am, h o w I feel...
: I f o n l y that song w o u l d j u s t come closer…
: The song needs to “come closer”…?
: I c a n ‘ t r e a l l y explain it, but… i t ‘ s all inside my h e a d. S o m a n y thoughts, wishes, emotions... T h e y ‘ v e always been t h e r e, twinkling so bright…
: And I h e a r, and feel, s o m e t h i n g l i k e a melody and… a rhythm…?
: B u t, for s o m e reason, everything’s s o s p r e a d o u t...
: Well, take your time with this. I’m sure you’ll manage to put your feelings to song someday.
: Eida herself said you had a beautiful voice, so I bet we’ll hear some great music coming from it.
: Thanks!
: (I’ve really been so excited since we came to space!)
: (I want to share this feeling with everyone!)

: So this is where you were, Arnie…
: Ms. Saya…
: What happened with your friend still weighs heavily on you, huh…?
: Th-That’s…
: Well, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling anything…
: But the Tatsumiya kids are pulling through their sorrow. They’re here with us, ready to work…
: So I can’t just let myself stay depressed forever, right?
: I see. I’m glad to hear that, then.
: I guess I should apologize… I’m always worrying you, always being nothing but trouble…
: Forget about it. I don’t worry about you any more than I do others, and I don’t think you trouble me either.
: But, in any case, have you seen Warrant Officer Alto?
: Alto? I think he was in the hangar since morning, doing something about an earring…?
: An earring?

Over by the Aprillius One concert hall, Alto’s looking for Sheryl’s dressing room when Ranka spots him. She’s very surprised to see him here, and so is Alto – why is she here? Well, actually, she’s been pretty busy since they last saw each other: she’s made her debut as a singer!
She’s signed up with Vector Productions, though her gigs have been less than stellar: just a bunch of events dressed in costumes (carrots!), swimsuit photo-ops and other non-singing stuff.
Still, Alto congratulates her on starting, and especially on convincing that knucklehead brother of hers to allow it – that’s thanks to Elmo, her agent, talking with the guy. After that, she’s been constantly practicing her singing and, at long last, they came and asked her to perform in today’s concert as well!

Singing in a Sheryl Nome show is a pretty big deal. It’s just one song, but Ranka’s already feeling as nervous as can be. She’s never sung in a stage as big as this – is she good enough to pull it off?
Alto says it’s impossible and Ranka agrees: “Yes, someone like me could never—” but she doesn’t get to finish. “Or, at least, it’ll be impossible if you keep getting stuck on ‘what ifs’ or thinking you’re not good enough,” he amends his statement.
Ranka huffs that he’s so very mean (eh), but thanks him anyway. “I might just be able to take flight with you pushing me onwards…” she sighs.

Ranka’s just about to ask Alto about him and Sheryl when a livid Ozma runs over and demands to know WHAT IS HE DOING IN HIS SISTER’S DRESSING AREA?! Wait, what is he also doing here? What, is there a problem with him coming to see his baby sister’s first stage presentation?! Is Alto making a pass on her?!
Ranka asks Ozma to calm down as the two of them just bumped into each other, and Alto explains that he came here just to deliver Sheryl’s earring… and that is not what Ranka wanted to hear. He came here to see Sheryl? No, not to “see” her – just to give her thing back.

Ranka’s not happy about it regardless, but things are interrupted when Ozma gets paged. It’s already time for him and Alto to go on patrol, so he won’t be able to see her song. But she’s already very happy with the huge bouquet of flowers he brought her, and tells both pilots to be careful out there.
“You too, Ranka. Make sure you grab this opportunity with both hands!” Alto cheers her, and leaves with Ozma. As he goes, Ranka sulks: Alto’s so close to her, but so far out of her reach…

In the backstage area, Sheryl’s already good to go and Grace asks if she’s fine with being used as a political tool by the Frontier government. “Whatever their interest in this, there are people here who want to hear my music… that’s all the reason I need to sing,” she answers confidently.
Many folks in the Frontier want to emigrate to Earth, and having this concert be a smash success’ll be a major step towards that – Sheryl won’t disappoint! Well, Grace will be counting on her... “That is, I’ll be counting on your powers as Fairy 9. Hmhmhm,” she gets her evil face on and grins inwardly.

: The people of the Frontier Fleet have travelled across the universe in search of a new home, eventually finding their way to us…
: Now we must welcome these new friends with wide arms and open hearts.
: Let us, together, sing songs of peace – songs for the prosperity of all life!
: Please welcome the Galactic Fairy… Sheryl Nome!
: Listen to my song!!

Mission 17 (Europe Route) – Heart of Diva

: This is Skull Leader, no problems detected around the mirror block. Continuing our patrol.
: (Sheryl’s earring… It took forever to find this thing and I couldn’t even give it back to her…)
: Get your head outta the clouds, Alto! You’re in a mission so pay attention!
: S-Sir! Please forgive—

*Alarm!*

: Wh-What…?!

: Are you kidding me… Vajra?!
: Wh-Where’d they come from?!
: Get in touch with the Quarter, Alto! Tell them we need immediate support!
: What about you, Captain?!
: Ranka’s inside that colony! What do you think I’m gonna do?!

*Ozma blasts towards the Vajra.*

: Captain Ozma!

: I’ll keep both Ranka and the PLANTs safe!

: Aargh!
: C-Captain…!

: What...?!

: Are you t w o a l r i g h t?!
: Fei-Yen?!
: What are you doing here...?!
: Umm… enhanced sensitivity?
: What’s that supposed to mean?!

: Explain yourself, Fei! You hadn’t been given permission to deploy yet!
: “Permission”…? T h a t ‘s not importante r i g h t n o w !
: Fei, you…!
: Emergency deployment! Get out there and support Lt. Ozma’s team!
: W-We’re going out in space…?! Nooo, what do I do now?! Mommyyyyyy!
: Stay strong, Kenji! Even the void of space sees the morning sun! So hold fast to your belief in a brighter tomorrow and fight on!
: I could never look my dad… or Shouko, or Koyo in the eye if I didn’t fight! We’re winning this!

: Troops, your goal today is the elimination of the alien lifeforms!
: Do not forget: the PLANTs lie at our backs, with the lives of its peoples hanging in the balance!

Kill everything without losing the Quarter or Fei-Yen. Oddly enough, despite being event deployments, Alto and Ozma don’t have to be protected!
Regardless, this is the standard SRW Vajra affair: there are plenty of them, but no major surprises outside the occasional reinforcement. As a warning, the plot will send Fei straight to the SW corner soon, and you’ll want to have your people around there to cover her, lest she get mobbed. That’s doubly true if you haven’t been using/upgrading her (you really shouldn’t do that with any protagonist unit, by the by).
So play aggressively, spread Ozma, Jeffrey and Liu Bei’s command auras around to help your numbers against the dodgy foes and, as always, try to have your folks that need kills take point – there are no bosses today, so give Liu Bei, Kazuki and the Fafner Trio all the love you can.

:siren: SRW UX - The Gate of Neidhöhle Opens

: Your wishes are all with me, Hazama, Kasugai – now and forever!
: Mobile Samurai Goubine… FORWARD!

: (Shouko, Koyo… watch over us!)
: (And I promise I’ll drop some enemies for you guys too!)

:siren: SRW UX - Obelisk

: You’re not taking even one step closer to the PLANTs! I will keep Sheryl and Ranka safe from you!

: (I’ll be damned if I’m letting you bugs make a mess out of Ranka’s big debut!)

: (This is so scary, mommy… Still, I…!)
: (I’ll fight as best I can… I gotta! For Shouko and Koyo!)

:siren: SRW UX - LOVE 14 ver. HD

: This might b e m y f i r s t t i m e in space, but I ‘ l l s t i l l fight! I f e e l l i k e I’m so close t o f i g u r i n g something out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh2kfnpHgiY

: What’re these things…?! How can space have even monsters like these around?!

:siren: SRW UX - Obelisk

: ?! This song…! It’s coming from the earring?!
: Playing tunes right in the middle of a battle, Alto?! That’s some confidence you got there, nugget!
: And why the open channel broadcast? That to let us enjoy it too?
: N-No, this is…!
: (What’s going on?! Why is the earring playing Sheryl’s song…?!)
: (A-Aah… What a powerful, beautiful song! It‘s like a river, taking me away...)
: (This is amazing… so amazing!)

: Even more Vajra…?! What’s going on?!
: (The Vajra are creatures capable of independent Fold jumps… or maybe should we call them living weapons…?)
: (But, in that case, where’s the one controlling them…?!)

Cut to the show, Brera is in touch with Grace and confirms the detection of Fold Waves coming from Aprillius One – the Vajra are currently engaging the SMS. Seems to Grace that the experiment was a success.
Brera feels like he should get ready to deploy just in case, but she tells him not to worry. Our people aren’t that weak, so she wants him to just carry on collecting data on the Fold Waves. As he confirms, Grace schemes: “And now, if Fairy 9’s voice can bring out the Queen’s sleeping power…”

Nearby, Ranka’s having a hard time – she’s hurting inside. Elmo’s in a bit of a panic over the sudden pain but, thankfully, Lacus is nearby to help. As she moves to call a doctor, Kira brings news of the large number of space creatures that appeared outside the colony.
Looks like a certain person’s prediction came true, and Kira asks for orders. The UX are currently fighting, but should he get out there as well? “No, I say we have faith in them right now,” Lacus declares. “We have been adrift in the tides of destiny since the very beginning. There are times when we must stay our hands in order to mold our own destinies.” Kira understands, and will do as suggested – Ranka’s still worried for Alto and Ozma.

: Gaah…! How many of these things are there, huh?!
: Don’t whine, Zhang Fei!
: Correct… the PLANTs and all its peoples lie at our backs! We must hold this line, whatever the cost!

:siren: SRW UX - The Eternal Soldiers

: Creatures that serve no cause and fight purely based on instinct… Hmph, I think we found our spirit animals.
: Hey, now, I don’t want you comparing us to frickin’ bugs!

:siren: SRW UX - Shadows that Rend Darkness

: (These are those Vajra creatures… Just where are they coming from?)
: (It’s like they have the ability to jump through dimensions like the Orphes…!)

:siren: SRW UX - Future-Bound Fighting Spirit

: (Jin… I’ll carry on fighting in your memory as well…)
: (Staying true to my beliefs is the least I can do…!)

When you kill enough stuff…

: Y-You can’t be serious! How are there so many of them..?!
: There’s just no end to this!
: (This song… it’s calling me...?)

: Fei, what’re you doing?! Get back here!
: I h e a r y o u r song!
: Get away from them, Fei!

: A-Aaaaah?!
: Fei…!

: (Where... where am I...?)
: (Am I… alone again…?)

:siren: SRW UX - Love 14 ver. HD (Vocal)
:siren: :siren:

: …?
: I h e a r… I’m h e a r i n g something…?
: T h i s sensation... I t f e e l s s o familiar...
: The f I r s t s o u n d I was taught... the w o r d s, the melody I was given…
: ♪…
: This is…
: A song…
: It’s… my song.
: Thank you f o r calling me…
: Are you… me ? Or am I you?
: ♪…
: I see them… I see t h e ties of destiny…
: My heart is overflowing…
: My feelings are taking flight…
: … That’s it. I’ve nothing to f e a r if I’ve this song!

: …?! Fei’s alright…?!
: Is that… Is Fei singing?!
: The Heart of Diva!
: Huh…?!
: Song is my power, so I ‘ l l sing!

*All Vajra lose 10 morale!*

: The Vajra stopped…?!
: Are they being affected by her singing?!
: Everyone listen to my song! It’s… wonderful! It’s my power!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-_QZQ2YDto
“Heart Beam! Twinkle, twinkle!”

: That’s... Fei’s actual strength?!
: … Nice, isn’t it?
: Heheh, yeah, that’s kinda bumpin’!
: Fei…!
: Thank you so m u c h, Tsubasa! I’m putting all the kindness you showed me into these lyrics!
: Now is our chance, my friends! Set forth and bring down the Vajra!

And now Fei’s gotten in touch with Miku proper, her new Love 14 ver. HD attacking packing an Accuracy AND Evasion debuff – very useful in neutering big stuff when they’re not immune and a needed boost to her offense.

:siren: SRW UX - LOVE 14 ver. HD

: Hey, everyone! I ‘ m Fei-Yen, the Heart of Diva!
: Do you hear my song? I put it together f r o m everyone’s emotions… which I then spread far and wide! That way I can help them all!
: I’ll sing with all my heart... so come and get your fill!

One interesting thing that should be noted is that the vocal versions of Fei-Yen’s songs have a very unique sort of priority… in that they’ll override her current BGM only when she starts “singing” IN the animation itself. In other words, it’ll start with her regular BGM and fade into the vocal as the attack proper begins.

Gotta start grabbing those Triple Dog uses and get them out of the way ASAP – that’s twice in this mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YirisVYGfQ
And here’s Alto best attack, plus the DK, now that I remember to show it.
This Knight-Class Vajra, by the way, drops a Nyan Nyan Special Galactic Ramen (+10 Ranged and Melee, +5 Accuracy).

:siren: SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend

: Space is home to nations, which, in turn, are home to people! And I will not tolerate any who’d stifle their smiles!

“M-Monster! Stay away… STAY AWAY FROM ME!”
For the record, Mamoru ends this mission with 8 kills, Kenji had 13 (my plan to have Michel soften everything up for him worked wonders), and Sakura took 5 – that’s 26 kills done and 124 left to go…

: All enemies confirmed destroyed, radar is also clear!
: Phew, there it is… the colonies are safe!
: (What… what exactly is that power Fei has…?)

: So you think song is the base unit for your memories?
: I’m s t i l l not 100% sure yet… but what I do know is t h a t I was called – a long time ago!
: Called?
: Right! That girl called m e !
: Um… a girl?
: That girl, she... she shined so bright f r o m all the wonderful emotions she’d taken in from so many people...
: I was drawn to that light and, w h e n I found it, that girl’s heart reached out to me…
: And, then, I w a s that girl, and s h e was me!
: Okay, I understood precisely zip of what you said…
: Oh, d o n ‘ t worry about it!
: I do still feel like I’m not c o m p l e t e just yet, but…
: But now there’s song, m e l o d y, lyrics welling up in my heart…!
: So I’ll carry on remembering things, I’ll c a r r y on singing and trying t o make everyone happy!
: Happy, huh…?
: Well, it is pretty hard to be bummed out after seeing you.
: Sakura… Yeah, I agree.
: There’s power to song, hm…
: Did that give you a hankering for some Fire Bomber?
: Hah, you know me too well…
: (Song… If song has the power to both attract and immobilize the Vajra, then…)
: (The song I heard back then was…)

Back in Aprillius One, Grace is getting called by her mysterious bosses to ask how the experiment went. Very nicely; Sheryl Nome performed above expectations. Young Man is very happy to hear that, though Young Woman expresses concern that Code Q1 still hasn’t awakened.
Grace tells them not to worry, as she’s sure Sheryl’s song is affecting the Queen. Now she just needs to get said Queen under her wing and they’ll proceed with the project as planned. And Young Man is confident that, with Grace as her manager, the Queen will rise into stardom in the blink of an eye.

But… there’s someone else that Grace just found today: a new possibility, a Diva, who’s giving out mighty Sharon Apple vibes. She dubs it a Virtualoid, that is, a mechanical singer… though the girl did name herself as the “Heart of Diva”. Elderly Person sounds interested, and decides to codename her HD. They’ll be eagerly awaiting Grace’s next report.
“Fairy, Queen and now the new one, HD… with those three… hmhmhm…” Grace grins.

By Lacus’ office, Rubens is relieved that the UX managed to keep the PLANTs safe, and Lacus thanks him for setting that up. That said, if incidents like this are going to happen again, she might be forced to recall the main ZAFT fleet currently assigned to the dark side of the moon.
Rubens understands how she feels, but begs that she be patient: “ZAFT is instrumental in keeping watch for them. Without your troops, we…” Lacus agrees with him – in regards to the REQUIEM matter, too. Rubens understands that he’s putting her in a difficult spot, but it’s necessary if mankind is to have a future.

As he signs off, Kira asks if she believes that guy. She does, to the point that she’s dispatched the main fleet all the way to the moon. Difficult times are upon then but they must persevere. At length, Kira says he’ll set out to the dark side of the moon himself to stand guard over REQUIEM’s reconstruction… and to keep watch for them as well.
Lacus sighs that she’s once again placing a heavy burden on him, but he doesn’t mind – if it’ll help safeguard our future, he’ll gladly bear that weight. They’re once again interrupted by the ZAFT officer, bringing news that one Alex Dino has arrived.

Kira’s glad to see Athrun in good health… but, of course, he’s not Athrun Zala of ZAFT. He’s now Alex Dino, Cagalli’s right-hand man. Fair enough.
Kira’s heard that things are difficult for Orb right now, and wishes he could be there to help his sister. Well, as a matter of fact, Athrun’s come here with a request to make of them: “I ask this with the full authority vested in me by Cagalli Yula Athha, Representative of the United Emirates of Orb… we need the PLANTs to lend us their help!”
Lacus asks him to explain what’s up.

And then we get back to JUDA again, where Ishigami’s informed about Fei’s power – and it looks like she still has more secrets stashed away somewhere. After that, Richard asks how things are over here and the scene proceeds as it did in the America Route.
The following scene with Kiriyama’s also the same.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 30, 2018

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
By the way, didn't see anyone else mention it, but Fei-Yen (Miku)'s best non-song attack combines elements from the original Fei-Yen's Vivid Heart Attack and Sgt. Hatter's Dramatic The Tonfa, as seen in Alpha 3 and/or K. Just think it's neat that they included deliberate nods to the previous Virtual-On appearances in the series.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wait, Lacus is rebuilding REQUIEM?

Has this game accepted her role as the actual villain of the series?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Glad to see somebody on Frontier having a proper Sharon Apple freakout. I wasn't expecting it to be Grace though, well, it is movie Grace so that could be some fun interaction with [spoilers].

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

: Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational space laser!

*Orb gets nuked just because.*

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Why would anyone ever want to reactivate a giant imitation of frying ants with a magnifying glass!? Oh the horrors of war-"

Suddenly, giant space bugs kill everyone.

"...Oh, huh."

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Well, it isn't completely true that it's 100% common ground from here on out. The next three stages differ slightly depending on your route. You'll always have the Japan route units, but if you're not on the America or Europe routes, their units won't join until partway through. There's associated events with them, too.

Interesting to see Fei being worked into the Macross Frontier plot. The song playing with her goes a bit further than that, too. If you have animations on then skip them, the song will immediately start playing as soon as you do so. Even if she's the second unit in a pair and you press skip on the first.

Also, totally approve of buffing Mamoru.

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 19, 2018

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

SirSystemError posted:

Well, it isn't completely true that it's 100% common ground from here on out. The next three stages differ slightly depending on your route. You'll always have the Japan route units, but if you're not on the America or Europe routes, their units won't join until partway through. There's associated events with them, too.

Sure, sure, but the bulk of it is the same. I'll be carrying on in the Europe Route for the secret, but I'll add in whatever unique events the other versions have.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I want there to be an anime where the "Power of Music" is central to the plot, but all the songs are just the absolute dumbest poo poo possible.

: We can't hold out much longer, where the hell's our backup!?
: Just hold out a little longer! I'm sure their song will unite all the hearts of Earth!
: She's here! Fei-Yen, is the song ready?
: Y e a h, Gal-O sengen

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Alacron posted:

I want there to be an anime where the "Power of Music" is central to the plot, but all the songs are just the absolute dumbest poo poo possible.

: We can't hold out much longer, where the hell's our backup!?
: Just hold out a little longer! I'm sure their song will unite all the hearts of Earth!
: She's here! Fei-Yen, is the song ready?
: Y e a h, Gal-O sengen

What you're suggesting is making a TV adaptation of Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (which holy poo poo got a DS remake for some reason).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

: 🎵🎵🎵

(please lower your volume)

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Blaze Dragon posted:

Considering what they're going to need it for (at a guess) they would be mad not to rebuild it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

We need Spinal Tap in SRW.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

MonsieurChoc posted:

We need Spinal Tap in SRW.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

: 🎵🎵🎵

(please lower your volume)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Vajra, listen to my song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So is she the SD Gundam equivalent of a Newtype now? Her perceptions are expanded from being in space?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Glazius posted:

So is she the SD Gundam equivalent of a Newtype now? Her perceptions are expanded from being in space?

Actually, one thing I know about SEED is that Newtypes were hinted at, though never explicitly named or identified, as confirmed in various outside interviews and such. Basically everyone using what in the UC would have been Newtype-exclusive weapons (Bits, Funnels, and similar weapons) in SEED/SEED Destiny is the SEED equivalent of a Newtype on top of the Natural/Coordinator/SEED thing (I know Kira Yamato's one, of loving course, as is Mwu La Flaga's family and their many many clones). That's likely what the concept is being drawn from in this instance.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Got a new update coming in an hour-ish, but it's a big one and this page already has plenty.

Can we get like 4+ posts to push us over?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

Got a new update coming in an hour-ish, but it's a big one and this page already has plenty.

Can we get like 4+ posts to push us over?

I don't really have much to add about UX but I've been playing Operation Extend lately and wow I thought Impact was hosed up. Eight deployment slots for around a hundred units, 08th MS Team without Aina, no fewer than nine non-Chirico AT pilots, possibly the worst Zeta Gundam in the entire franchise (save the early Classic Timeline where he never got the Waverider Crash), a story that tries to justify both Zeon and Neo-Zeon coexisting (including Char fighting for both sides by switching between Char and Quattro), SEED characters for literally no reason (they have zero involvement in the story and nothing about the SEED setting even exists in OE), and that's not even getting into the completely bonkers mechanics. Great soundtrack, though (aside from Zeta, as usual, and, more unusually, ZZ, but there's enough excellent 0079 music to make up for it).

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

EclecticTastes posted:

I don't really have much to add about UX but I've been playing Operation Extend lately and wow I thought Impact was hosed up. Eight deployment slots for around a hundred units, 08th MS Team without Aina, no fewer than nine non-Chirico AT pilots, possibly the worst Zeta Gundam in the entire franchise (save the early Classic Timeline where he never got the Waverider Crash), a story that tries to justify both Zeon and Neo-Zeon coexisting (including Char fighting for both sides by switching between Char and Quattro), SEED characters for literally no reason (they have zero involvement in the story and nothing about the SEED setting even exists in OE), and that's not even getting into the completely bonkers mechanics. Great soundtrack, though (aside from Zeta, as usual, and, more unusually, ZZ, but there's enough excellent 0079 music to make up for it).

Sometimes it's good that these games don't come out here. That sounds awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Why did Zoids have to be in that game! Please SRW put Zoids in anything that isn't trash!
Zoiiiiiiiiiiiiids!!!