Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Two Beans posted:

Alas, Codex CSM is the EC codex.

stop farting on my birthday cake :saddowns:

A new Doomrider model would rule so hard :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Two Beans posted:

Alas, Codex CSM is the EC codex.

For now

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Frobbe posted:

When i was searching for pictures of an older stormtrooper model with a plasma gun, the best result i got was an SRM post on Dakka from 2010. The internet never forgets.

Is that a 2nd Ed ‘Beret’ stormtrooper, or the plasma gunner from the briefly-available gas mask troopers that came later? I’ve got a handful of the gas mask ones which I’ve always had a soft spot for despite them being pretty weird sculpts. Also interesting to see how many details on them were re-used from kits at the time.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Warhammer World is very cool.

2-0 so far at GT. Played a soft but really awesome Orkdeptus Mechanicus list in the 1st round and a hard Tyranids in the second. Suspect I'm flying too high now.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Corrode posted:

2-0 so far at GT. Played a soft but really awesome Orkdeptus Mechanicus list in the 1st round and a hard Tyranids in the second. Suspect I'm flying too high now.

What was the Nids list?

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space

koreban posted:

I just finished building my small tzeentch renegade tempestus detachment this last week. Haven't gotten around to putting paint down yet, but I figured I'd share.

Those look awesome. Are there any rules in 8th Ed for renegades and traitors yet?

I have about 1000 pts of guard I collected mosty in 3rd edition. I like that I can add the 500 points of primaris space marines I have to it, or be able to do cult nids with the same models. It would be cool to be able to use them with a detachment of Chaos Space marines as well.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

PierreTheMime posted:

What was the Nids list?

5 Flyrants
2 Trygons
50ish Termagants
6 Hive Guard
Prime

It probably could have been optimised a little more but it was rough enough for my blood. I got quite luck with the Roving Patrol scenario, being able to choose to go 2nd and have his stuff drop in first.

Finished the day at 2-1, losing to Mortarion + cultist bomb. A very good player who did everything right and got to go first, whereas I made some dumb deployment mistakes. I called it at the end of my 1 when it was clear he was going to tie my whole army up. 2 more tomorrow - if I can pick up a 3rd win that'll do me I think.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Reynold posted:

Who makes decent 25mm to 32mm base conversion bits? I know some have really bad seams/gaps or are made of crazy smooth paint hating plastic that you need to sand down first, and I'd rather avoid all that mess if I can.
I was stuck with the same quandary a while back; I got a pack of laser cut MDF rings (25mm interior, 32mm exterior) that I ended up not using but turned out a decent fit. They have that grain texture and would require filling in the gap between the beveled base and the interior surface of the ring with something, but I think they'd work out better than the ones you mentioned.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I'm about ready to start seeing what kind of minimum effort stuff the dark eldar are going to get in their codex.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I'm about ready to start seeing what kind of minimum effort stuff the dark eldar are going to get in their codex.

I'm ready as hell for Crons to be slapdash as hell, But Look New Cryptek Model (years after everyone had already converted their own because they're a bread and butter choice)

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

Finished the day at 2-1, losing to Mortarion + cultist bomb.

That somebody pulling the dead walk again build?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Skails posted:

Those look awesome. Are there any rules in 8th Ed for renegades and traitors yet?

There *are* rules in the Forgeworld index, however it's super shallow and mainly covers the models from the forgeworld line of renegades. I don't play competitive, so I plan to just use AM rules and flavor it to chaos. I won't utilize any cross-detachment bonuses (like Abaddon), so there shouldn't really be any issues from that end. Mostly it's more a flavor thing to flesh out my collection and have something to complement my Thousand Sons and Tzeentch Daemons. I also did Warp Talons with an Aspiring Sorcerer "champion" and Warp Talon mans with Tzaangor heads because I wanted a fast attack unit back when the index dropped. I pay 1 additional point for the unit for the aspiring sorcerer champ and get my lovely smite, but get to bring the unit in games where I need a little more flexibility than the index provided.

Beer&Pretzels Warhams is the best warhams.

quote:

I have about 1000 pts of guard I collected mosty in 3rd edition. I like that I can add the 500 points of primaris space marines I have to it, or be able to do cult nids with the same models. It would be cool to be able to use them with a detachment of Chaos Space marines as well.

You should totally be able to do that. It's cool and fluffy and good. Worst case, use a Chaos Cultist as the sergeant for the unit. There's a 5 model box for :10bux: you can get and it'd sell it if someone pitched a fit.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Corrode posted:

Did you get any pictures of those Orkmech? I heard them talk about them on Warhammer Live and I'm super interested in seeing that army. WHW rules, can confirm.

ineptmule posted:

Is that a 2nd Ed ‘Beret’ stormtrooper, or the plasma gunner from the briefly-available gas mask troopers that came later? I’ve got a handful of the gas mask ones which I’ve always had a soft spot for despite them being pretty weird sculpts. Also interesting to see how many details on them were re-used from kits at the time.

One of the gasmask boyos. We talk all about Stormtroopers on a recent (and remarkably coherent) Badcast!
https://40kbadcast.com/2018/01/16/40k-badcast-24-our-first-coherent-episode/

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Wow I just found out that I have a shitload of Steel Legion just lying around

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Felime is better at 40K than I am.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Trying out a new list, wondering what you guys think. I call it the Abbabomb.

Black legion Battalion 1 :
Jump Lord with power sword
Jump sorceror with plasma gun and force staff.

3 units of 10 cultists

Black legion Battalion 2 :
Lord with power sword
sorceror with force staffsword
8 berzerkers in rhino

3 units of 10 cultists

Black legion Spearhead:
Abbadonn
Unit of oblits
Las predator
8 man unit of Las havocs

Patrol (daemons:khorne)
Bloodmaster
30 Bloodletters

I make the Bloodmaster the warlord and put him, Abbadon, bloodletters, jump Lord, oblits and jump sorceror in deep strike. The Blood master gets the crimson crown. All cultists hide or screen heavies.

Essentially it's a alpha strike list using a gently caress load of bloodletters getting Abbadons rerolls. Use the drop sorceror to warptime Abbadon into combat and to prescience the oblits. While that cluster gently caress is happening, I roll my berzerkers up to cause more grief.

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 18, 2018

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Is there a top secret way to remove glued on bits from models you buy on eBay, or are you basically stuck with whatever the person before you put on there?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Is there a top secret way to remove glued on bits from models you buy on eBay, or are you basically stuck with whatever the person before you put on there?

If they used superglue, you can make it brittle by putting it in the freezer.

If they used plastic glue, I dunno. Somebody else might have a suggestion.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Trying out a new list, wondering what you guys think. I call it the Abbabomb.

Black legion Battalion 1 :
Jump Lord with power sword
Jump sorceror with plasma gun and force staff.

3 units of 10 cultists

Black legion Battalion 2 :
Lord with power sword
sorceror with force staffsword
8 berzerkers in rhino

3 units of 10 cultists

Black legion Spearhead:
Abbadonn
Unit of oblits
Las predator
8 man unit of Las havocs

Patrol (daemons:khorne)
Bloodmaster
30 Bloodletters

I make the Bloodmaster the warlord and put him, Abbadon, bloodletters, jump Lord, oblits and jump sorceror in deep strike. The Blood master gets the crimson crown. All cultists hide or screen heavies.

Essentially it's a alpha strike list using a gently caress load of bloodletters getting Abbadons rerolls. Use the drop sorceror to wartime Abbadon into combat and to prescience the oblits. While that cluster gently caress is happening, I roll my berzerkers up to cause more grief.

I think you're too heavy on characters, theres a bit of a balancing act in having enough characters to buff your troops but having enough troops in the first place. Your men will die and its the difference between having another squad and having a lord with no one to lead.

Also not having abaddon be your warlord is just throwing away 2 command points.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Artum posted:

I think you're too heavy on characters, theres a bit of a balancing act in having enough characters to buff your troops but having enough troops in the first place. Your men will die and its the difference between having another squad and having a lord with no one to lead.

Also not having abaddon be your warlord is just throwing away 2 command points.

I forgot he only gives command points if he's the Warlord, cheers.

For interests sake, what would a good way to reduce my character amount but keep the command points?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

If the joint between them is relatively small, you can try applying some tamiya extra thin cement. It's potent enough that it can reactivate that bond, especially if it was weak enough to begin with.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Foul Ole Ron posted:

For interests sake, what would a good way to reduce my character amount but keep the command points?

You can't typically run 4 detachments anyway so just get rid of a detachment. The suggested limit at 2k is 3.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Foul Ole Ron posted:

bonds0097 posted:

You can't typically run 4 detachments anyway so just get rid of a detachment. The suggested limit at 2k is 3.
Taking out a lord and combining abaddons spearhead into that lords detachment puts you at the generally accepted limit of 3 and you'd still have 11cp, 10 if you pay for a relic on the blood master since you don't get it free anymore, and you free up 78pts for other things.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Also you're forgetting that abaddon cant give the bloodletters rerolls, he only gives black legion that.

The only thing he gives the bloodletters is morale immunity. Not even that thats only for heretic astartes.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Artum posted:

Taking out a lord and combining abaddons spearhead into that lords detachment puts you at the generally accepted limit of 3 and you'd still have 11cp, 10 if you pay for a relic on the blood master since you don't get it free anymore, and you free up 78pts for other things.

Are relics 1cp now? When did that happen?

Thanks for the Info, this way I could just run Abbadon as Warlord and give the other Jump Lord the murdersword to gently caress over any special characters.

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 18, 2018

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Are relics 1cp now? When did that happen?

Thanks for the Info, this way I could just run Abbadon as Warlord and give the other Jump Lord the murdersword to gently caress over any special characters.

You only get one free relic and thats unlocked by your warlord choice, so making abaddon means you get one CSM relic free, for any relics beyond that you need to use that factions 1/3cp stratagem to give a character a relic.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Artum posted:

Also you're forgetting that abaddon cant give the bloodletters rerolls, he only gives black legion that.

The only thing he gives the bloodletters is morale immunity. Not even that thats only for heretic astartes.

Just seeing that now, hmm is he even worth it then..

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Just seeing that now, hmm is he even worth it then..

We've got black legion players in the thread better able to make that call, but reroll all fails rather than just 1s is ludicrously strong, its just that his place in this list would really be buffing the havocs predator and obliterators.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Recoome posted:

Wow I just found out that I have a shitload of Steel Legion just lying around

:getin:

Having your plasma vets roll up in a (slightly better at taking small arms fire) chimera and hop out to unload with First Rank, Fire! Second Rank, Fire! + Industrial Efficiency + Armoured Fist, then boogie on out the next turn after a second round of shooting with Mount Up! is real funs. I likes it a lot.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Artum posted:

We've got black legion players in the thread better able to make that call, but reroll all fails rather than just 1s is ludicrously strong, its just that his place in this list would really be buffing the havocs predator and obliterators.

I took out the havocs and the rhino and replaced them with a land raider. I'll chuck Abby in it with the berzerkers.

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 18, 2018

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Felime is better at 40K than I am.

Felime has played 40k in the last couple months and was playing IG against primaris marines.

He has also gotten screwed by the nightfight open war card before and knew how to deal with it better.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

That somebody pulling the dead walk again build?

Nah, more basic than that - infiltrating Alpha Legion. I deployed quite poorly and let him roll me up with it. One of those cases where everything went right for him and he was a strong player so knew how to use it vs. me not having enough experience against the build.

SRM posted:

Did you get any pictures of those Orkmech? I heard them talk about them on Warhammer Live and I'm super interested in seeing that army. WHW rules, can confirm.

Yes, but sadly not as many or as good as it justifed. I'll see if I can find the dude tomorrow and ask for better, he's a cool guy.

I did get a good shot of his Knight and it's now the most popular thing ever posted on my Insta:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfTMmjXFlKK/

E: also I saw Dorn in a cabinet and can confirm he's very awesome.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 18, 2018

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I've got three Predators to build, and magnetizing the sponsors either makes them look awful or be super fiddly. I'm almost at the point of just gluing on the Lascannons, someone talk me off the edge.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I've got three Predators to build, and magnetizing the sponsors either makes them look awful or be super fiddly. I'm almost at the point of just gluing on the Lascannons, someone talk me off the edge.

What do you mean by super fiddly? One option is to use two magnets of opposite polarity instead of just one, will prevent rotation. Well, the opposing polarities is just to enforce direction of the sponson.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Corrode posted:

Nah, more basic than that - infiltrating Alpha Legion. I deployed quite poorly and let him roll me up with it. One of those cases where everything went right for him and he was a strong player so knew how to use it vs. me not having enough experience against the build.

Yes, but sadly not as many or as good as it justifed. I'll see if I can find the dude tomorrow and ask for better, he's a cool guy.

I did get a good shot of his Knight and it's now the most popular thing ever posted on my Insta:

I love converted stuff like that. I also love how lord nelson the ratling is at the left of shot. “I see no ork Knight”

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Corrode posted:

Aw man that's dope. Love creative armies like that.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Get Baal Predator sponson mounts, they're more like the Land Raider ones and much sturdier. I used them on my DA Pred: http://cam2d.tumblr.com/post/128034802634/predator-annihilator-for-my-dark-angels-i-used

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

Definitely stealing that tempestor prime made out of a commissar.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
There's pseudo-tinboys in that army and now I'm praying they show up in the ork codex.

E: for the unenlightened:

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 18, 2018

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Think anyone would mind if I grabbed some heavy duty shields, gave em to my old Mordeheim models like Sisters of Sigmar and used em as Crusaders? If not that then I was thinking of using the mother matron as an Inquisitor with a thunder or nemesis daemon hammer and the rest as acolytes with arc mauls. Would have to find some las-pistols and/or holsters for them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You'd probably ne fine. There's not a lot of giant shield-toting units in SoB or inquisitors so it should be pretty obvious that they're crusaders.