Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It could have been greenmangaming or something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

GMG is a good reseller but they don't sell ESO Steam keys. ESO Steam keys come either from Steam or gray market.

e: if HB has sold steam keys i'm wrong I guess

Shy fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 15, 2018

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Is it back up now? I turned off the computer and went to bed early.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

So I just got into this game, I bought it months ago but just couldn't get into it at the time. Now I've got a few characters in the 10-20 range, still working on what class/style I like the most. Is it worth it to get Morrowind at this point? Will it offer anything for me?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

You'll have a Warden and the new zones right away so yeah totally if you enjoy it.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
My ESO Steam key came from Humble Bundle.

Had Morrowind already from Bethesda directly though. Good thing it synchronizes easily, unlike FF14.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I've always been under the impression that most of the keys on G2A are people reselling Humble Bundle keys bought in bulk.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I only buy from Steam because I only support the largest and most corporate of companies.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Why wouldn't I go through Steam, given the choice? Reliable downloads, and my subscription fee is processed in the same place that I do the rest of my gaming commerce.

edit: The effectiveness of my argument is being lessened somewhat by them still not having fixed this loving login error

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 15, 2018

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Yeah I'm not really a "this is a SLAP IN THE FACE" forum dude when it comes to outages, poo poo happens. But its been going on for what, over 12 hours now? Where people can't log in right after a major content drop because of an entirely extraneous program (Steam). I honestly had no idea there was a difference between the Steam/non-Steam version of the game. However, now that I am aware that poo poo like this can happen I'm sure as hell going to think twice about buying something through Steam that wouldn't normally require it for authentication. I liked the convenience factor of having everything in one place, but they've just clearly demonstrated in spectacular fashion that Steam can really gently caress you over randomly.

I guess what I'm saying is, if I were working at Valve I'd be tripping all the gently caress over myself to fix/explain this poo poo ASAP so people don't view the platform as an unnecessary and risky impediment.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Shy posted:

Why are people buying it on Steam? It's an online game available directly, Steam is nothing but an extra gate.

They just had a sale where it was ten dollars cheaper than buying it anywhere else. 10 bucks is, indeed, 10 bucks.

e: I mean it's still some weird hoop jumping bullshit but eh, 10 bucks.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 15, 2018

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Steam seems to be back up now for ESO login.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Mulva posted:

They just had a sale where it was ten dollars cheaper than buying it anywhere else. 10 bucks is, indeed, 10 bucks.

e: I mean it's still some weird hoop jumping bullshit but eh, 10 bucks.

I think of :10bux: as "one trip to the China Buffet".

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Yates posted:

Is it worth it to get Morrowind at this point? Will it offer anything for me?

The coolest quests, the prettiest areas, the best lore, the rose-tintiest glasses of nostalgia, and some new pvp stuff.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I logged in thru Steam on the NA server.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
The lag seems really bad tonight.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Dumb question that I can't seem to find an answer for anywhere... Does your Enchanting skill affect how powerful an enchantment is when you enchant a piece of gear with an existing runestone?

In other words, if I slap a Grand Dank Rune of Awesomeness onto my Cool Hat when my Enchanting level is 20, will it produce a weaker effect than it would once my Enchanting reaches 50?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

No, your ability in enchanting only unlocks the tiers of levels. For example, if you have an enchanting of 20, you can't make level 30 stuff yet.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Shy posted:

Why are people buying it on Steam? It's an online game available directly, Steam is nothing but an extra gate.

It was super cheap on steam a few times, and in other mmorpgs buying an mmo on steam is fine cause it's just an account key and doesn't matter. You wouldn't expect owning it there to be as poo poo as it is

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Yates posted:

So I just got into this game, I bought it months ago but just couldn't get into it at the time. Now I've got a few characters in the 10-20 range, still working on what class/style I like the most. Is it worth it to get Morrowind at this point? Will it offer anything for me?

If it's cheap then yes but otherwise, you're free to wait until that time. Morrowind is cool but there's a ton of cool areas around left you don't need to buy I'm sure

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Enchanting still confuses me so I just do dailies. A while back I accidentally switched a few pieces of my magicka gear to stamina because I wanted to use up a few glyphs to free up bag space. I thought it would just be a bonus on top of the gear’s stats, not completely change the nature of the piece.

Sometimes I wish I had played more elder scrolls games in the past, that probably would have helped a lot.

E- clarity

Snowy fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 17, 2018

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Aramek posted:

No, your ability in enchanting only unlocks the tiers of levels. For example, if you have an enchanting of 20, you can't make level 30 stuff yet.

Cool, thanks. I finally got good enough at tailoring to make myself a couple nice sets, so it's good to know that I can just pop in some (top-tier) runes I found in a bin.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 17, 2018

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Snowy posted:

Sometimes I wish I had played more elder scrolls games in the past, that probably would have helped a lot.

To be fair, the systems in this game don't really transcribe to other ES games.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Overemotional Robot posted:

To be fair, the systems in this game don't really transcribe to other ES games.

"Level up skills by using them" feels like pretty much the only thing that's even vaguely similar to earlier games.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Are there any good roaming stamsorc builds? I have my fun AoE zerg build and it does ok 1v1, but I have trouble with those drat 1h/shield guys that seem to be able to both perma block and spam high-damage abilities (loving subterranean assault). How do you counterplay poo poo like that?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What does rotation mean?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Vahakyla posted:

What does rotation mean?

The order in which you use your skills/light attacks/heavy attacks

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Whoa, we're half way there

Whoa-oh,

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The new outfit system is a lot of fun, and my favorite addition to the game since housing a year ago. It's surprisingly accessible even if you don't have a lot of gold to spend on it, because the basic racial styles are really, really good. I used them quite a bit in my custom outfits, and almost always because they were the actual best choice rather than a substitute for a rare motif I don't have yet. Also I have a lizard for every class now, because why not.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

"Level up skills by using them" feels like pretty much the only thing that's even vaguely similar to earlier games.

I was really surprised that they hit that as well as they did. The game does have a "feel" to it, though. It reminds me of equal parts Daggerfall and Morrowind at times.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Could I get an invite to the NA guild? @Randalor

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So I've been experimenting with new PvP builds and I think I found one I like for my stamsorc. It feels really solid solo and in groups. Had an epic fight in Sotha Sil where I managed to come back from death many, many times. Scenario: I heard a fight so I chased it up a tower, then I jumped off to help someone only to have them die literally as I land. We started out pretty even since I lost most of my health/stamina chasing them around and jumping. I uh... didn't think I was going to survive this, poo poo was intense. All it needs is yakety sax playing. Protip - Don't jump off towers to start a fight. :downs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdLFXAXr2ew

Edit: Also, I welcome any pointers since I'm just dipping my toe into non-zerg PvP.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 19, 2018

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Can I get an NA guild invite,
@mnewseso

Took off for a while but starting back up again!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Hakarne posted:

So I've been experimenting with new PvP builds and I think I found one I like for my stamsorc. It feels really solid solo and in groups. Had an epic fight in Sotha Sil where I managed to come back from death many, many times. Scenario: I heard a fight so I chased it up a tower, then I jumped off to help someone only to have them die literally as I land. We started out pretty even since I lost most of my health/stamina chasing them around and jumping. I uh... didn't think I was going to survive this, poo poo was intense. All it needs is yakety sax playing. Protip - Don't jump off towers to start a fight. :downs:

Edit: Also, I welcome any pointers since I'm just dipping my toe into non-zerg PvP.

That's clearly a Templar and not a DK you're fighting, but that was great and hilarious. I have no idea how you didn't get killed at least four times during that fight—maybe your opponent was having the same sustain problems you were, and the timing happened to work out just right?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Rollersnake posted:

That's clearly a Templar and not a DK you're fighting, but that was great and hilarious. I have no idea how you didn't get killed at least four times during that fight—maybe your opponent was having the same sustain problems you were, and the timing happened to work out just right?

Whoops, brain fart! Just changed it to Templar, thanks. And yeah, the whole time I thought death was inevitable especially since I'd been using that build for maybe 30 minutes. I'm still not sure how the hell I actually won that, but you're probably right with both of us having sustain problems at the same time.

Edit: Speaking of, how much regen do people run in PvP? I feel like even with 2300+ I still bottom out way too fast with needing to dodge and break free.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 19, 2018

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hakarne posted:

Post your build and we'll go from there

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

really do love everything about the clockwork city story

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Hakarne posted:

I dunno why the hell I'm still awake but I have some ideas so here's my train of thought on this. First off, you gotta be more proactive with your Dark Deals. 60% stam and LOS from your opponent? Dark Deal. CC immune while your opponent is lacking in pressure? Dark Deal. Always use those kinds of grace periods to top off your stam and your health. Also, combo in more heavy attacks. Especially since you're in heavy. A lot of stam return and hey, they do damage and work for cancelling, too. Also, and I know this kinda defies logic, but sometimes you gotta choose to eat an attack instead of blocking it. Now, for example, since you were fighting a Templar, let the Jabs roll. Why? They do more damage to blocking targets anyway. So gently caress it, kinda. But not always.

Another thing I noticed is that you aren't using a stam sorc's greatest asset to it's fullest: mobility. You're the loving bullet train of Cyrodiil. Get Streak somewhere on your bar and get Major Expedition from pots or something. Always be kiting or moving through your opponent. This will come with practice and whatnot, but yeah seriously gotta go fast Sonic style and poo poo. You'd be amazed at the amount of damage you avoid by just not being in range one second and then in their face the next and back out.

I'm basically delirious at this point and it would probably be more worth it to post more stuff at you at a time when my brain is functioning. That said, I got a fantastic LOL outta that DB you dropped into the floor near the beginning when you jumped down. We've all been there, no worries.

Signed,
an insomniac who loves his zoom zoom class

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Scyantific posted:

Post your build and we'll go from there

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Another thing I noticed is that you aren't using a stam sorc's greatest asset to it's fullest: mobility. You're the loving bullet train of Cyrodiil. Get Streak somewhere on your bar and get Major Expedition from pots or something. Always be kiting or moving through your opponent.

So I've been alternating between two builds.

First build (in the video):

2 Troll King
5 Seventh Legion
5 Viper (DW Daggers) - Bloodthirst, Rending Slashes, Whirling Blade, Vigor, Dark Deal - DawnBreaker
vMA Maul - Flex (Caltrops in the video, probably Streak going forward), Crit Rush, Hurricane, Crit Surge, Rally - Overload?

This is a hybrid of two separate builds I saw and fused together. I like the idea of a DoT build and I love the bow, but I feel like it's too dependent on your opponent standing in your AoE poo poo - especially in the open. So I swapped the vMA bow for vMA 2h to get rally and a gap closer with crit rush, which also adds another decent DoT from the vMA maul. After Rush, I switch to DW>Rend>Bloodthirst>Whirling Blade for a spin-to-win execute and added stamina regen if they don't go down. For my Flex, I tried Rearming Trap instead of Caltrops, but I liked the range and AoE of 'trops, especially when I'm doing group action. Also I feel like Trap suffers from the same issue I had with the bow - it's great in cramped spots (would've been loving awesome in that tower fight), but in the open world it's too unreliable that your opponent will stay in it. I would admittedly probably get more consistent results with practice, but anyone with a lot of mobility/range doesn't tend to retread the same spot in open areas. I miss Streak too, so I'll probably toss that in my flex spot and use an overload bar for all of my utility stuff - Caltrops, traps, etc. This build puts out a lot of damage and pressure from DoTs and as you saw can be pretty tanky, but I think I could definitely refine it more. I agree 100% that I need Streak back. My other build focused more on that...

Second build:

2 Troll King
5 Seventh Legion
5 Prisoner's Rags (Backbar S+B) - Ransack, Reverb Bash, Hurricane, Dark Deal, Crit Surge
vMA Maul - Reverse Slice, Crit Rush, Streak, Vigor, Rally

Similar concept but designed to be more tanky with higher sustain. I successfully 1vX'd admittedly mediocre players in Sotha with Crit Rush>Streak>Crit Rush>Streak>Crit Rush>Reverse Slice spam, they don't know what the gently caress is going on since you're all over the place. You can then Streak and sprint away, which recharges your magicka with prisoner's rags so you can Dark Deal and be back at full pretty quickly. For tankier/groups of players the idea is to have S+B to let you duke it out and wear them down with Defile thanks to Reverb Bash. It's definitely strong, but I just wasn't "feeling it" beyond the cheesy (but fun) Crit Rush/Streak spam. I'd also get my rear end handed to me by gankers and other really mobile players, but that's probably just due to my inexperience with the build. Admittedly I'm still learning the flow of 2h, it feels very slow and clunky compared to DW and the more I use it the less I like it. I switched to my other build because I just didn't like how 2h felt, although it has great moments and the concept is fun. I only bring this up because I'm considering fusing this with my DW set up above.

I also don't know why I'm still awake

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obsoletendeavor
Dec 25, 2011

Psychopsilocybin runnin', horny mother f***er
Please invite @obsoletendeavor into NA main guild, thanks