Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

It's "Small Arms Combat System" not "soft-skinned vehicle shooting gallery".

The HMMWV will attract attention, not protect our soldiers, will be easy to damage, require a mechanic and is not able to traverse the terrain our commando team can.

It's a white elephant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
A white elephant, when what FACCT really needs is a t-rex.

I'm not sure how that would work. Anyway, can we request 80 lbs of explosives if it's all four picks?

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Anyway, can we request 80 lbs of explosives if it's all four picks?
Do this, put them all in a BRDM, roll it down a hill at our next objective. gg ez

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

FrangibleCover posted:

Do this, put them all in a BRDM, roll it down a hill at our next objective. gg ez

Just imagine trying to calculate the fragmentation damage from a BRDM full of explosives :stare:

Not a big fan of the HUMVEE either but if we get one our GM will make it interesting. We can only die once, right?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
1. .50cal
2. Fancy clothes
3. Explosives
4. Replacement guns for the FNC

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1. Mortar
2. WP grenades and mortar shells.
3. .50 cal machine gun.
4. HMMWV

As a member of the war crimes committee this is the only way I can vote even if it is pointless/hilarious.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

goatface posted:

That's why we need decals and spinners and a banging sound system to play early/cutting edge hip hop at an unhealthy volume.

No it plays this

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That hasn't been released yet.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What about "Girls just wanna have fun"?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Haha good point. Maybe we should have a thunderdome to decide what bubblegum pop our tissue paper murderwagon should be blasting.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
This run is set in 20XX, as much as it may feel like it's earlier. We're not allowed to get the fun modern stuff due to us wrecking too hard with the 80s stuff but we can totally have the Vengaboys.

But what we should have is a recording of a bunch of circling fast air and helicopters. That should keep our opponents pinned down.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
I'd like to sign up as Mick Rainey as whoever gets to use the grenade launchers. :D

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

ACQUISITIONS
Camouflage: 10.75
HMMWV: 9.37
M2HB: 8.13
M4A1 + M68 CCO: 5.67

M224: 3.71
M4A1 + M203: 3.12
Demo Charges: 2.08
Ranger Body Armor: 1.92
40mm Grenades: 0.98
White Phosphorous: 0.67

TRAINING!
A week has passed, and that means each of you has gotten an opportunity to receive instruction or engage in personal training in some combat-related skills. Each character gets INT number of rolls to attempt to get a Learning Point in a skill. How many rolls this is, and what the chance of learning a skill is, can be found in the following table:

You can train the following skills:
  • Gun Combat: Su Chen is instructing you in the use of firearms in combat. If you spend at least half your rolls on Gun Combat, you get an extra roll. If you spend all your rolls, you get two extra rolls. You need 24 Learning Points to go up a level, so nobody will be getting a higher Gun Combat level just yet. All EXP acquired so far has gone towards the Gun Combat skill.
  • Hand Grenades: Abiodun is instructing you in the use of grenades in combat. If you spend all your rolls on learning how to throw grenades, you get an extra roll. You need 8 Learning Points to go up a level.
  • Indirect Fire: When firing a grenade launcher or rifle grenade in a very high arc (to hit at long ranges), and when firing a patrol mortar, the accuracy is determined by this skill. You need 2 LP to reach level 1, 4 LP to reach level 2, and 8 LP to reach level 3. You don't have an instructor in this skill, so the chance of getting an LP is reduced to a tenth the usual value. (Once you've got a level in it, you count as an instructor in the skill!)
  • Hand-to-Hand Combat: You need 16 Learning Points to get to the next level in hand-to-hand combat. You don't have an instructor in this skill, so the chance of getting an LP is reduced to a tenth the usual value.
  • Medical: Guzman can instruct you in combat trauma care. If you spend at least half your rolls on the Medical skill, you get an extra roll. If you spend all your rolls, you get two extra rolls. You need 8 LP to go up a level.
  • Strength Training: If you spend 45 minutes of your available 8 per day on strength training instead of learning skills, you get +1 to STR. If you spend 1 hour and 30 minutes of your available 8 per day on strength training, you get +2 to STR. This will reduce your chances of getting LPs in skills proportionately, as your learning suffers. Barry "Bac" Delgado and Redshirt Lad are so strong they won't benefit from strength training. Reginald is so strong he can only benefit from a +1.

You can split your Learning Rolls as you please. If you don't submit a suggestion, you automatically training Gun Combat skill. If you're wounded, you're in hospital and can't practice anything.

Reserves can learn skills! Since you don't know what your INT is, pick one skill to focus on. If you don't pick anything you're learning Gun Combat. You can't pick strength training.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Strap will do the +2 str and spend everything on gun shooting.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

LatwPIAT posted:

TRAINING!
[*]Medical: Guzman can instruct you in combat trauma care. If you spend at least half your rolls on the Medical skill, you get an extra roll. If you spend all your rolls, you get two extra rolls. You need 8 LP to go up a level.

You can split your Learning Rolls as you please. If you don't submit a suggestion, you automatically training Gun Combat skill. If you're wounded, you're in hospital and can't practice anything.

I'd like all of 'Bac' Delgado's 15 Learning Rolls (+2 the two bonus rolls) to be in Medical. With all our casualties, we're gonna need a team medic now.

LatwPIAT, any chance of borrowing some of Guzman's stuff and putting together a medic bag to bring into the field?

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Fyksen will spend it all on indirect fire training.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

What do the wounded get?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Steamy Hams will take the+2 in strength and put the rest into grenades.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Hypnobeard posted:

What do the wounded get?

rehabilitation.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kendrick Lomarf will focus on Gun Combat

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Hypnobeard posted:

What do the wounded get?

Un-shot.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
Frankenstein's training:
All rolls to Gun Combat.
Strength Training at the +1 Str level.

Discussion:
Learning indirect fire seems valuable, but the fact is that according to those numbers, it looks like I'd only have a ~10% chance to gain a single LP in it, across all my rolls. We could really use an instructor.

Emy fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 19, 2018

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Reserve Julian Niemczyk will focus on indirect fire.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Nerimantas Pakirkšnutis will focus on Indirect Fire

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Redshirt Lad will focus on Gun Combat. Putting all rolls into it.

Also, where are the stats for the current squad members up if they're on a page?

wedgekree fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 19, 2018

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Casval will learn the delicate art of pointing grenade launchers where he wants to see things go boom. (Indirect Fire)

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 19, 2018

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable

LatwPIAT posted:

If you're wounded, you're in hospital and can't practice anything.
So Hippoliet was fit enough to carry a wounded comrade, put on a field dressing and then get back to the fight. But now you're telling me they can't even read a book in bed? :eng99:

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Pea posted:

So Hippoliet was fit enough to carry a wounded comrade, put on a field dressing and then get back to the fight. But now you're telling me they can't even read a book in bed? :eng99:

Not gonna learn much useful from a book :P

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Reginald will get his +1 in str then spend the rest of the time at the range practicing Gun Combat

Also crewing the HWMVV coffin should be strictly volunteers only. Reginald hearby registers his complete refusal to volunteer. IF you're looking for someone to sweep mines with a toothpick then he's up for that. But not setting one toe in that deathtrap.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Is that a completely unarmored pre-Afghanistan Hummer (is there a real difference between them and Humwees?) or FRAG kit 6 "lol can't open the door without hydraulics" types?

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Do the reserves get any training or just the active squad?

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

JcDent posted:

Is that a completely unarmored pre-Afghanistan Hummer (is there a real difference between them and Humwees?) or FRAG kit 6 "lol can't open the door without hydraulics" types?

Hummer is a civilian vehicle based on a completely different chassis. Humvee is the only acceptable term for the army version.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

JcDent posted:

On the basis that it has been dropped from an aircraft at low altitude and is still in one piece, and that the supplement it comes in is from an era where the Taliban were a group of brave freedom fighters, it's a standard HMMWV. One of the weird ones with a pintle and a flat bed.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Pharnakes posted:

Reginald will get his +1 in str then spend the rest of the time at the range practicing Gun Combat

Also crewing the HWMVV coffin should be strictly volunteers only. Reginald hearby registers his complete refusal to volunteer. IF you're looking for someone to sweep mines with a toothpick then he's up for that. But not setting one toe in that deathtrap.

I think Reginald is in the wrong business.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Pea posted:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:swoon: Rally Vincent.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Man, old translated manga is confusing. I read that backwards at first. Rad as hell, tho. Is that Gunsmith something or other? Is it any good?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Man, old translated manga is confusing. I read that backwards at first. Rad as hell, tho. Is that Gunsmith something or other? Is it any good?

Gunsmith Cats, and yeah, I've heard it's pretty cool.

Anyway, Carwash votes for +2 Strength and Gun Training for the rest of the rolls.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Chiming in to say that Jimmy Dorekicker is fine with more gun combat training, and that this LP owns as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Pea posted:

Shakey Jake took 11 damage 2 missions ago and he’s still not fit enough to train.

• Locked thread