Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

precision posted:

I just loaded the save the game made at the start of the quest Homecoming and my horse is gone. This happen a lot?

That's not your horse you horse thief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Major Isoor posted:

By the way, can someone explain combos to me? I've been holding off on getting any combos (I use a longsword and mace, if that impacts which ones I should get) since the game doesn't seem to explain performing them, anywhere.
Like, am I meant to perform all the clicks for slashes/stabs rapidly, or should I be waiting until each blow lands (or is blocked) before performing the next?

You want to execute the next input when the previous strike lands. The windows are kind of funny though and I feel like I am attempting the stab-left-low right combo more than I am actually landing it and getting the different animation

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

precision posted:

I killed my first bandit! I actually really like the rhythm and heft of the combat system.

occasionally the combat system works really well and you feel the flow they were going for with combos, parries and ripostes. other times you can't even begin a combo because npcs are godlike at parrying and you have no idea what you're doing that's working or not working

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah I'm on SSD too and . . . I think it's killed my playthrough. I load my most recent save, try to save again, it hangs infinitely and the save doesn't take. I don't think it's memory related though because I dropped and sold a bunch of my extra poo poo and it kept occurring.

I noticed this happening too and I assumed it was because my most recent save was in Rattay, where there's just a lot of dang stuff to load before the game can start. Is it happening in the wilds, too?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Major Isoor posted:

By the way, can someone explain combos to me? I've been holding off on getting any combos (I use a longsword and mace, if that impacts which ones I should get) since the game doesn't seem to explain performing them, anywhere.
Like, am I meant to perform all the clicks for slashes/stabs rapidly, or should I be waiting until each blow lands (or is blocked) before performing the next?

beggar posted:

You want to execute the next input when the previous strike lands. The windows are kind of funny though and I feel like I am attempting the stab-left-low right combo more than I am actually landing it and getting the different animation

Yeah, just got combos and Do Not Understand. I fought with Sir Bernard for 20 minutes and only (accidentally) performed one combo before the training scenario just ended. Guess Sir B got tired of my bullshit. Every time I would screw up, he'd start to talk but is always interrupted by my second blow.

Do I strike at the clang when the weapon connects? I see the next direction arrow flash, but do I click at the flash or the clang? I've never seen a third flash...

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Is the 2 hour refund window sufficient enough to demo this game with? This doesn’t seem like something that shows all its cards at once. Which isn’t bad because some of my favorite games took time to click. But I’m the context of steam refunds it’s a pretty significant gamble.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

buglord posted:

Is the 2 hour refund window sufficient enough to demo this game with? This doesn’t seem like something that shows all its cards at once. Which isn’t bad because some of my favorite games took time to click. But I’m the context of steam refunds it’s a pretty significant gamble.

It is not

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

buglord posted:

you might still be in the linear stuff, but you'd get to see some combat and meet some of the characters. the survival stuff doesnt come into effect until you have freedom of movement though

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I'm so done with this save system. Do 25 minutes of bullshit in town, repairing, selling, training, sword tutorials, turn in quests, then get ready to leave. One of my treasure maps points to somewhere I'll pass, so I go to check that out. Ride out of town, consult the map while on horseback, exit my inventory to learn the game does not pause or slow your movement while on the inventory screen as I ride off a cliff to my death.

Take 2 I manage to do all that poo poo in 15-20 minutes, and bother to sleep for an hour in my bed (at noon) in town before riding off. Get to what I think is the spot on the map, an empty camp. Come to a complete stop, dismount, and promptly die. No bad guys, just a glitchy loving game. That hour long nap didn't trigger a save, so I'm back to square one, again. Infinite save mod or bust, this is some bullshit.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Vahakyla posted:

Can you imagine how interesting a game like Kingdom Come could be with a female character that faces opposition in every act and discussion she faces, and not only fights against sword and pike, but also the raging male supremacy of the time? That'd be pretty baller imho. There's also a really good argument made for giving minority and other-than-straight guys and gals the chance to identify with their characters, and not stomp all over games with sparkly clean straight white guys in the name of "biotruths and history" that don't seem to hold against closer observation anyway.

Ever heard of Makouraino? Matilda of Tuscany? Jeanne Hachette? loving Isabella of France? Queen Rudrama Devi? Blanche of Castile? Razia Sultana? Mercadera? Matilda of Boulogne? Isabel of Conches?
Matilda is an iconic starting character in Crusader Kings. Should have picked someone more obscure given the audience you're talking to.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
from the developer:

quote:

Hello Guys,

There clearly seems to be some confusion about various patch versions, for which we are very sorry, so let us explain it a little bit.

The Process

When we finish any patch we can’t just upload it and send it to you immediately. There is a certification phase in which platform holders check whether the patch is stable. This process takes various amounts of time on different platforms. This is the reason why the patches are released at different times.

However, they check not only stability but also platform-specific requirements, for example, whether the controllers are named correctly, whether you can change user mid-gameplay etc. If we fail any of these platform-specific requirements, we have to upload a correction just for that specific platform. This is the reason why we are releasing a different number of patches on each platform.

Patch Numbers

We don’t have any control of patch version numbers that you see when downloading. These are numbers assigned by platform holder and they could vary in different regions, languages etc. So if you want to be sure which version you have installed, launch the game and in the main menu check the bottom left corner. That’s the right patch version.

The patches

Apart from the micro-corrections for specific platforms, these are the patches released:

Gold master – Version 1.0 This was printed on DVDs. You could only have played it on consoles if you rejected all the patches. We strongly advise against that

Day 1 patch – Version 1.1

This was available on all platforms on Day 1. This is also the version the game was reviewed on (unless the reviewer declined the patch, which, sadly, some did…) These are the release notes:
Addition of multiple new events to the open world
Massive improvement in dialogue animations
Gaining money and experience is rebalanced
Weapon and armor stats are rebalanced
General combat improvements Improved NPC reaction time
Sound propagation adjusted
Archery is now possible in stealth mode Improved
Persuasion UI
Plus numerous other bug fixes and improvements

Week 1 patch – Version 1.2

We actually managed to squeeze this patch into Steam on Day 1, which caused major confusion on other platforms as to whether they actually received the Day 1 patch or not. This patch was later released on PlayStation on 15.2. and should pass certification on Xbox very soon. These are the release notes:
Stealth and Stealth kills adjustment
People now get dirty more gradually
Additional quest bugs fixed
Various optimizations

Hotfix – Version 1.2.5 (upcoming)

We already fixed some of the worst bugs and want to give these fixes to the community as fast as possible. Therefore we will push this to certification on Monday 2/19
Fix for R2 button being non-responsive in combat
Fix for issues in quests with Hans Capon
Fix for quest Ginger in a Pickle

Patch 1.3 - (upcoming)

This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible. But apart from these fixes, we are working on the following features: (Which is not a guarantee of delivery in this patch ):
Save and Exit functionality
Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
Pickpocket minigame improvement
Alchemy recipe for respec potion
Many quest-related bug fixes

We truly want to thank you guys for being the best part of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Stay tuned and as always, keep it medieval!!!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Major Isoor posted:

When it lands or is blocked.

Bernard has a combo training called strikes or something. Unfortunately it's just a generic combo and you don't get to choose which one to practice.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ainsley McTree posted:

I noticed this happening too and I assumed it was because my most recent save was in Rattay, where there's just a lot of dang stuff to load before the game can start. Is it happening in the wilds, too?

Ok, I figured it out -- it was a single bad save that loaded but somehow had some broken quest scripting (the auto save at the end of House of God) that was bugging uot everything else I did for some reason. Backtracking a single save fixed the issue.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

:woop:

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

There seem to be dice you can find that are not, ah, exactly, um, statistically "true"

There was a guy on a road that tried to sell me some fixed dice.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjBRNqwDPrU

Edit: Why does my Warhorse Jenda have a speed of 1 even after I just slept and saved:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/934931452908022711/330A89487A3A68CD98FA83B05613022F93315D67/

edit: save and reload fixed it

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 19, 2018

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

I hope these dudes keep making games like this now that they've got a shitload of money.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Next Elder Scrolls and Fallout are going to have their RPG elements shoved back in

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Wow, once you finally unlock autobrew for Alchemy you can just blast through up to 20. Of course its really hard to sell thousands of groschen worth of potions now.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Next Elder Scrolls and Fallout are going to have their RPG elements shoved back in

They'd have to do it well. New Vegas did it in the latest possible way. Skyrim had that cool weather and clothing mod though.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
As I start to dig into the game it really seems like they need to do a balancing pass on gear. The preorder bonus stuff seems like it may be some of the best in the game and it isn't hard to obtain at all -- highest damage sword I've yet seen, best helmet, best cuirass.

I did not realize you could click on items in the equipment screen and it would give a comparison red/blue against your current equipped gear though.

If you don't have the preorder gear, there's a gear cache with an amazing longsword and a cache of top-end armor in an unlocked chest northeast of Neuhof at an empty camp.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 19, 2018

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

As I start to dig into the game it really seems like they need to do a balancing pass on gear. The preorder bonus stuff seems like it may be some of the best in the game and it isn't hard to obtain at all -- highest damage sword I've yet seen, best helmet, best cuirass.

I did not realize you could click on items in the equipment screen and it would give a comparison red/blue against your current equipped gear though.

If you don't have the preorder gear, there's a gear cache with an amazing longsword and a cache of top-end armor in an unlocked chest northeast of Neuhof at an empty camp.

how do these compare to herod's sword? the damage listed for that is 75, can't remember what the breakdown of damage types is

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder how the Cezch are feeling now that a part of their history has become a very successful game. Some of those ingame towns still exist today.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Neurosis posted:

how do these compare to herod's sword? the damage listed for that is 75, can't remember what the breakdown of damage types is

https://kingdom-come-deliverance.vidyawiki.com/St.+George%27s+Sword

https://kingdom-come-deliverance.vidyawiki.com/Stinger

https://kingdom-come-deliverance.vidyawiki.com/Herod%27s+Sword

Herod is a good slasher , Stinger (preorder) is great piercer, St. George is good overall

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 19, 2018

destitute
May 1, 2002
It's about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward.
Nap Ghost

LGD posted:

very, very easily you can just walk off the drawbridge

e: you also don't have to feel that bad about the theft since both the lady of the castle and the guard on duty condone/suggest doing so if you talk to them, and nobody raises a stink about it later if you're successful

This has come up a few times, and most solutions I’ve seen here have implied needing lockpicks or taking a long walk.

If you take the stairs up to the third floor of the castle, (so one floor above where Stephanie sits and reads) and keep walking along the wooden platform, you’ll come to a door into a five? story tower. The second floor from the top has an unlocked chest with enough gear to make you look like a Talmberg guard. I even went back down to Stephanie and spoke to her, and got her congratulations on a convincing disguise, and she gave me a plausible cover story for the gate guard. Rode my horse right out the front gate.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

links don't work. ah well, sounds like i haven't missed out too much by only having access to herod's. i've seen stinger dropped here and there but didn't think it particularly worthwhile. still trying to find a good blunt weapon. i hope any dlc adds two-handed swords, more fully developed polearms, and crossbows. also that it fixes the lock-on thing but given how hard they seem to work to stop you from taking off lock-on it might be a serious issue in getting the enemy to react properly when locked on

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Neurosis posted:

links don't work. ah well, sounds like i haven't missed out too much by only having access to herod's. i've seen stinger dropped here and there but didn't think it particularly worthwhile. still trying to find a good blunt weapon. i hope any dlc adds two-handed swords, more fully developed polearms, and crossbows. also that it fixes the lock-on thing but given how hard they seem to work to stop you from taking off lock-on it might be a serious issue in getting the enemy to react properly when locked on

Fixed the links. The same cache that has St. George's also has

https://kingdom-come-deliverance.vidyawiki.com/Raven%27s+Beak

Neither of those are preorder.

Here's a tough question for folks: has anyone seen a Skallitz pattern shield? The game files seem to indicate such exists.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Will people react negatively if you wear cuman stuff? I just got the light armor perk and cuman armor seems to be the most protective and coolest looking non-plate stuff

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Alchemy: You don't have to follow the instructions, the items are all that you need. You do not need to boil or anything, just add the right amount of ingredients. Note: You can use the phial on both the distiller and the cauldron. Some recipes specify no boiling after adding the last ingredient, tap theses straight from the cauldron, do not distill them.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Buschmaki posted:

Will people react negatively if you wear cuman stuff? I just got the light armor perk and cuman armor seems to be the most protective and coolest looking non-plate stuff

no.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fixed the links. The same cache that has St. George's also has

https://kingdom-come-deliverance.vidyawiki.com/Raven%27s+Beak

Neither of those are preorder.

Here's a tough question for folks: has anyone seen a Skallitz pattern shield? The game files seem to indicate such exists.

thanks. hans capon is carrying around the best sword in the game?! you've grown on me, hans, but you do not deserve that sword

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Neurosis posted:

thanks. hans capon is carrying around the best sword in the game?! you've grown on me, hans, but you do not deserve that sword

There's actually a good way to get it from him

After you buddy-buddy with him and he's recuperating, go visit him and do the quest to join him at the baths. While he's with the bathwomen, nick his kit

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

lol I love how much it hyped up Roach round 2. Countered him once, bonked him on the head with a mace, hello victory cutscene.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What level of Maintenance do you need to be able to repair damaged armour? I'm up to 8 but I still can't repair so much as a Skullcap/55%.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

The Lone Badger posted:

What level of Maintenance do you need to be able to repair damaged armour? I'm up to 8 but I still can't repair so much as a Skullcap/55%.

It varies with how damaged the armor is. Once it's too bad off you need to see a merchant.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

destitute posted:

This has come up a few times, and most solutions I’ve seen here have implied needing lockpicks or taking a long walk.

If you take the stairs up to the third floor of the castle, (so one floor above where Stephanie sits and reads) and keep walking along the wooden platform, you’ll come to a door into a five? story tower. The second floor from the top has an unlocked chest with enough gear to make you look like a Talmberg guard. I even went back down to Stephanie and spoke to her, and got her congratulations on a convincing disguise, and she gave me a plausible cover story for the gate guard. Rode my horse right out the front gate.

I love how people keep finding new ways to solve the quests. If there is one thing the devs did right in this game, it is giving you so much freedom to complete your quests. I would love to see this in more RPGs in the future.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The Lone Badger posted:

There’s only so much you can fix with field repairs. Once it drops below 60ish percent, you need to take it to a swordsmith/armorer/tailor/cobbler for repair.

Repair your kit after every fight, basically.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nalin posted:

I love how people keep finding new ways to solve the quests. If there is one thing the devs did right in this game, it is giving you so much freedom to complete your quests. I would love to see this in more RPGs in the future.

I kept getting owned by the two bandits at the end of Ginger in a Pickle, so I went back to Bernard and told on them. Result: that teleports you, him and two soldiers back to the camp where you wreck the poo poo out of the bandits in like 5 seconds.

The best part is that doing that didn't even occur to me until I saw someone saying that it works, and even then I was "bullshit, there's no way the devs allowed this". But really, why shouldn't it be an option?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Pharohman777 posted:

I wonder how the Cezch are feeling now that a part of their history has become a very successful game. Some of those ingame towns still exist today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rataje_nad_S%C3%A1zavou

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Feb 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Coldforge posted:

There’s only so much you can fix with field repairs. Once it drops below 60ish percent, you need to take it to a swordsmith/armorer/tailor/cobbler for repair.

Repair your kit after every fight, basically.

Dangit, I spent all my coins on repair kits.

Doing the night watch mission in Rattay now
Oh god oh god this is a terrible idea. I think I should probably throw this fight.