Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

same thing but slightly faster= better system. It's the same thing outside of the bullet thing which would be pointless in Dark Souls anyways. Almost instant healing in Dark Souls would be stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am in love with Yakuza 0

"I must prove my innocence, I would never murder anyone"
*literally Zangief's some mooks head into the concrete*

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

same thing but slightly faster= better system. It's the same thing outside of the bullet thing which would be pointless in Dark Souls anyways. Almost instant healing in Dark Souls would be stupid.

Disagree, and I hate respawning enemies. As I said, I love the games but the estus system is the one part of Bloodsouls games I dislike.

Anyways, agree to disagree.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 19, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I've never played bloodborne, but from looking at that speedrun that was posted, it looks like: Grey and Brown: The Game.
Didn't that get old extremely quick? It bothered me after watching like 10 minutes of it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

I've never played bloodborne, but from looking at that speedrun that was posted, it looks like: Grey and Brown: The Game.
Didn't that get old extremely quick? It bothered me after watching like 10 minutes of it.

no

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Blood vials exist just to create more bullets so you can use the augur and executioner's gloves more often.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

shut up blegum posted:

It’s literally like a top 10 art design ever kind of game. You can stop moving at any moment and that poo poo is art

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

shut up blegum posted:

Unpopular gaming opinion here, but I also am not a huge fan of the sludgy low-contrast aesthetics of the Soulsborne games. It's well-executed for what it's trying to do but it gets kind of exhausting to look at after awhile. Might be why I've never actually finished one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Someday I would like to see a From game not set in a dead or nearly dead world again. It's been a long time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Infinitum posted:

I am in love with Yakuza 0

"I must prove my innocence, I would never murder anyone"
*literally Zangief's some mooks head into the concrete*

One of the rewards of a sidequest is a gun of the exact same model that was used in his framing attempt.

Kiryu is a special boy.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

shut up blegum posted:

you should play bloodborne

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

One of the rewards of a sidequest is a gun of the exact same model that was used in his framing attempt.

Kiryu is a special boy.
When he shoots people he’s using his manly magic to curve the bullets or pellets so they don’t hit any vital areas.

Edit: even at point blank range. He curves them after they enter their body.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

...! posted:

Personally I think those fan names are stupid and I always have to look up which colossus people are referring to. I always just say "colossus [number]" and I wish everyone else did too. The colossi don't even have official names. They're nameless.

Looks like they're not just fanon names anymore. The collector's statue of the first Colossus was listed as Valus in online store pages.

It's a very nice statue, and I fear the day they announce a full set :shepspends:.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I bought an LG OLED and my PS Pro kind of freaked out about it. Like I had it plugged in and working fine for a few days but moved it around and when I tried it again it booted for a little bit but then got some insane haunted bullshit where I'd get a static screen but still sound and then eventually nothing and the signal cut out. I tried looking it up and there's a lot of poo poo from last year about HDCP handshakes or something and doing crap in safe mode so I set it to 1.4 and the resolution to 2160 YURP or whatever and I just want to know, I'm not loving poo poo up right? It's not giving me the hell vomit that it was but I tried playing Call of Duty and HZD and the former seemed worse and the latter fine.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

fridge corn posted:

you should play bloodborne

I won't

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

its a good game you dummy

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RIP

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Re: the estus v vial discussion. Nioh's system is a favourite. You have a base level number of health pots you'll spawn with and a Max that you can carry. Eg spawn with 4 but can hold 8. Skills can increase both of these numbers with overflow pick ups going into storage. So many good systems in Nioh.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

fridge corn posted:

its a good game you dummy

I don't have the time or desire to put effort into games :corsair:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is from like a page ago but agreed that Tomb Raider Anniversary is one of the best game remakes ever

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Escobarbarian posted:

This is from like a page ago but agreed that Tomb Raider Anniversary is one of the best game remakes ever

I really enjoyed it when it came out, at least when it didn't erase my saves.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

I played it on PS2 and loved it. Apparently it got an up-res'd 360 port early on, but never made it to PS3 as far as I know.

It's the best Tomb Raider game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I played it on PS2 and loved it. Apparently it got an up-res'd 360 port early on, but never made it to PS3 as far as I know.

It's the best Tomb Raider game.

The PS3 version has the entire Legends trilogy on one disc; Anniversary, Legends and Underworld.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The PS3 version has the entire Legends trilogy on one disc; Anniversary, Legends and Underworld.

Oh, wow, I didn't know it made it over. I'd totally play Anniversary again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah it was good but holy poo poo it was buggy as gently caress

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

I don't have the time or desire to put effort into games :corsair:

It's fine if you don't want to play one of the most acclaimed games in years. But don't come in here telling us that it looks bad while not bothering with it, you're asking for the BBB to hunt you down.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Guillermus posted:

It's fine if you don't want to play one of the most acclaimed games in years. But don't come in here telling us that it looks bad while not bothering with it, you're asking for the BBB to hunt you down.

Sorry for hurting your feelings I guess? :shrug:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Should be a ban imo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh, wow, I didn't know it made it over. I'd totally play Anniversary again.

If you have a PS3, look for "The Tomb Raider Trilogy".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don’t be mad at people for not liking games you like, don’t lord it over people that you don’t like games they like

easy

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

shut up blegum posted:

What

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not even grey and brown it's like black and, uh, moonlight?

Dark Souls is grey and brown

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Victorian architecture in Lovecraftian horror needs more rainbow bricks. Now that I think about it when the game changes the colour palette it's genuinely disturbing.

That loving moon...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cute Souls would be a great concept for a game, if nothing else but to watch people scream in frustration at dying to the fuzzy wuzzy wabbits over and over.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Momodora isn't exactly that but it does have somewhat cutesy 2D platformer visuals while being Dark Souls hard in places.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kiryu-chan - A sweet innocent boy who can do no wrong
Majima-dono - Will literally snap your neck on the street

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

Kiryu-chan - A sweet innocent boy who can do no wrong
Majima-dono - Will literally snap your neck on the street
Canonically he has never killed anyone either. None of the player characters have.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

THERE ARE CANNON ALLEY?!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Infinitum posted:

THERE ARE CANNON ALLEY?!

This could be an actual Yakuza dialogue and there would be a Canon Alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Samuringa posted:

This could be an actual Yakuza dialogue and there would be a Canon Alley.

That's rad