Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
But seriously, Joint Dragon Fire and Mazinger Brothers! They were the best parts of the PV!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The OC's remind me of the same shading as the late 90's/early 2000's. Like Fruit Basket, or a lower res Ni No Kuni.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That is one dapper bird.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I guess I'll pick Amari because I am a contrarian and we'll find out if their plots are any different or if it's another Going To Be Twins In OG thing it looks like it's another Souji/Chitose thing where they both come from slightly different places - Iori is an escaped fugitive from a fantasy church and Amari "can use magic" which probably makes her some kind of heretic? gently caress, the dude sounds more interesting. For both of them it's going to end up "you're a wizard and your magic is special" so ehhh.

I've probably thought about this way more than this PV warrants just while writing this post.

I like the magic bird knight. (lol it's called an Auto Warlock)

Lowlight of that PV was Deathscythe, I thought. Everyone else looks pretty good. Masaki's doing well for himself.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No wait, guys

guys.

Glemy and Embryo teamup.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Pureauthor posted:

No wait, guys

guys.

Glemy and Embryo teamup.

...This makes way too much sense.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Pureauthor posted:

No wait, guys

guys.

Glemy and Embryo teamup.

Glembryo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am curious to see if teaming up with Embryo would make Glemy rethink his life or if teaming up with Glemy would make Embryo rethink his life.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
It is always the former.

Embyro's best trait is that he is so bad that he'll make the most heinous villain rethink their ways.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

ImpAtom posted:

I am curious to see if teaming up with Embryo would make Glemy rethink his life or if teaming up with Glemy would make Embryo rethink his life.

Glemy is such a pissboy that he might actually think Embryo is inspiring.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't know who Glemy is but it's definitely Glemy.
Embryo is a demigod who knows what he wants and gets it.
That what he wants is disgusting and pathetic will simply never occur to him.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

I honestly can't tell if Embryo and Glemy being in this game would make Char not try to drop Axis because he doesn't want to end up like them, or it'd make him want to drop it more so there won't be any more of them.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

MechaX posted:

It is always the former.

Embyro's best trait is that he is so bad that he'll make the most heinous villain rethink their ways.

: :cawg:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm hype.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm still slightly weirded out by the cat ear hairband on the female original, but I'm still mostly just happy we got the option again.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

Lowlight of that PV was Deathscythe, I thought. Everyone else looks pretty good. Masaki's doing well for himself.

Agreed. Better than the animations he had in Z3 but considering the rad attack animation with the distortion and interference and jamming poo poo he had in Z2 he's still garbage. Everything else looks great and Hobs (the bird???) looks rad and there was a duck man?? And combo attacks aaa

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hmm Buddy Complex looked a bit disappointing but everything else looking good. Bird Wizard surprisingly doing a lot for me. I loved the ~magic~ original in Neo so I think I'll enjoy this one.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
You know, I'm actually getting behind this original, and here's why: big magic church, protagonists stole their robot and and are on the lam, magic is called Dogmas.

When's the last time we were a rebellion against the major power instead of at war with an outside hostile force? Early Z?

It's not a guarantee but I'm a bit hopeful.

(You know what else makes me hopeful? The sidekick is a bird grandpa instead of a robot/magic girl. Nine was a good instance but still very archetype.)

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Caphi posted:

You know, I'm actually getting behind this original, and here's why: big magic church, protagonists stole their robot and and are on the lam, magic is called Dogmas.

When's the last time we were a rebellion against the major power instead of at war with an outside hostile force? Early Z?

It's not a guarantee but I'm a bit hopeful.

(You know what else makes me hopeful? The sidekick is a bird grandpa instead of a robot/magic girl. Nine was a good instance but still very archetype.)

Yes, but the archetype doesn't involve the robot girl falling in love with a giant robot train of justice.

Edit: This is why Nine kept asking people about love. She wants to know what it is and wants Gaine to show her.

Double Edit: I have become trash.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

Yes, but the archetype doesn't involve the robot girl falling in love with a giant robot train of justice.

Edit: This is why Nine kept asking people about love. She wants to know what it is and wants Gaine to show her.

I am pretty sure everyone who played V shipped Nine and Gaine so it's okay.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Also, "Iori Iolite" is a slightly less silly name than "Amari Aquamarine" but it's extremely marginal.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gonna play V a fourth time to celebrate. Someone suggest a set of birthday/blood type to me, I've already done my own and Terada's.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I listened again and I think I actually like Amari's music better.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Inferno-sama posted:

Don't worry about it. No one who posts in this thread is in any position to criticize a railfan.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gonna play V a fourth time to celebrate. Someone suggest a set of birthday/blood type to me, I've already done my own and Terada's.

Virgo AB, because that set always seems awkward no matter what game it is.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Logicblade posted:

Virgo AB, because that set always seems awkward no matter what game it is.

Will do!

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Okay, been reading Beltorchika's Children (manga version) and I hope Beard Bright appears in X

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I'm sure that once I actually play the original mech will grow on me, but not feeling much about it other than loving dapper bird right now. Want a bit more info on the originals and to hear more than like 10 seconds of their themes before I make a pick on them though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That smug-rear end bird.

Also I still can't get around how SRW has been around for 26 years or whatever but this is the first game called X. I figured there would have been a game called that in year 2 or something. And it doesn't even appear to be a particularly major game.

edit: and the fact that there's another unrelated game called X-Ω a little before that is even more confusing.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 19, 2018

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

That is one dapper bird.

I have a feeling Literal Wizard Bird will overshadow the MCs.

And as always, hype for the new JAM Project single.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh hell yeah playable Nightingale and Sala gets some proper cutins.

The Enryugo attack shown is exactly the same as the SRWV one though so hopefully it gets more attacks. I guess if it's the same level of OP as in V though it really won't matter that much even if it doesn't.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I love the wizard bird. I like the robot quite a bit too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I was gonna get X at launch but then I noticed that V is rapidly going into backorder and out of print/stock on some websites and I haven't picked that up yet. Sometimes I forget that Asian English versions of games aren't meant to be like evergreen products that stick around on websites forever, and now it's gonna cost me $100 CAD just to get V.

Hokuto posted:

PV2's out. Here you go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA-Uqv4BNC0

Lelouch cut-in is the high mark I think

Haha I was just watching that before I saw this thread and I had to laugh when after seeing all those nice little sprite drawn attack cut-ins suddenly Lelouch rolls up with his full anime cutscene attack. Yeah, Bandai knows who brings in the big bucks.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tbh I'm extremely excited to have Gurren Lagann and Code Geass in an English SRW.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Can't wait for the meeting of the minds that'll happen when that bird meets Masaki's cats.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Personally, I think SRW animations peaked at Alpha Gaiden.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It occurs to me this is a game where we will most likely have a scene where Mask talks to Iron Mask.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

It occurs to me this is a game where we will most likely have a scene where Mask talks to Iron Mask.
Maybe it will be like Pokemon and Mask will evolve into Iron Mask as he succumbs to the dark temptations of Universal Century technology.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Personally, I think SRW animations peaked at Alpha Gaiden.

I’d love a modern SRW with the older sprite style. I think the older sprites had way more character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Shame that there won't be an SEA version of the Music edition, cause Eternal Wind is probably one of my favorite Gundam tracks ever, and Wataru's theme sounded pretty good too from the brief clip(indeed from what I remember that franchise had great OP music in general)

• Locked thread