Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
If you're not being bombastic, you're doing it wrong. :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Quill doesn't understand the hierarchy of roads and that is an unforgivable sin.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

turn off the TV posted:

Quill doesn't understand the hierarchy of roads and that is an unforgivable sin.

:stonk: Thank you for forewarning me, I'm not a fan of Modern Quill anyway but now I know never to watch a city builder vid by him.

PS: Best YouTuber/Streamers are Katherine of Sky and Rycon Roleplays, and that's the entire list. And neither of them seem to be playing 2.0.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 19, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

KoS hasn't been doing much that interests me lately and she is starting to feel increasingly shilly. At least she hasn't been doing the overwrought YT personality thing.

I wonder what a Blorg streamer would be like...

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I've been looking at the Synthetic Dawn DLC, primarily for the advisor voices... Sheesh, what's up with the Militarist one? She doesn't even sound robotic!

E:

And every line ends on a downward inflection, how strange.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 19, 2018

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

THE BAR posted:

I've been looking at the Synthetic Dawn DLC, primarily for the advisor voices... Sheesh, what's up with the Militarist one? She doesn't even sound robotic!

After playing machine empires for so long, it is kind painful to go back to regular advisor voices. I played a materialist game, and for a while I had enough research being done and enough systems being surveyed that every minute or two I'd hear a voice saying "another day, another scientific breakthrough" or one of a handful of lines about pushing frontiers. The voice is just so annoying

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RabidWeasel posted:

:yeah: his voice is almost uniquely awful, it's an amazing thing

Wow he really has changed his style, or at least his medication, since last I watched him.

Aavak though is a sweetheart, do recommend him.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Kaza42 posted:

After playing machine empires for so long, it is kind painful to go back to regular advisor voices. I played a materialist game, and for a while I had enough research being done and enough systems being surveyed that every minute or two I'd hear a voice saying "another day, another scientific breakthrough" or one of a handful of lines about pushing frontiers. The voice is just so annoying

I'm currently watching Arumba's twitch, I can't help but fall in love with the Authoritarian one. If there was a CABAL equivalent, I would've immediately sprung for it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
A lot of the Advisor voices are terrible but also some are real good.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Authoritarian is basically the Romulans from STA:II

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The Xenophile one is kind of adorable.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

None of the early access folks so far I've seen show anything interesting or new and generally seem like people who have barely been following the dev diaries or haven't played Stellaris in a long time. Was hoping for someone really familiar with the game digging into the new features, but so far they're just poorly re-treading the DD's.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Do you have to turn the advisor voices on? I don't think I've ever heard them.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

People watching streams, have they fixed the sound bug when in ship designer? Aka music/sound playing underwater while ship designing.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Acer Pilot posted:

Multiple voices came out in 1.8.
VIR before was the only voice that existed. I mean he still says the tutorial stuff if you didn't turn it off, but the other things that are said are mostly the advisor. VIR is just the one that will always be there.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

THE BAR posted:

If there was a CABAL equivalent, I would've immediately sprung for it.

Have I got good news for you. :allears:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Acer Pilot posted:

It's just the voiceover that says "research complete" and "colony established" whenever you accomplish things. One of the DLCs added a bunch of different voices to replace it, ranging from "science conceived" to "whoo boy we sure can use this new research to build more guns for killin' aliens, because we sure do love killin' aliens a whole bunch."

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Authoritarian voice is my favorite. It’s not even close.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Alright, I realize this is probably a stupid question, but

I cleared out a wasteland on earth, and built a powerplant. It's saying it's inactive because I have no pop on it... do I just have to wait? can i pull pop off something else?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I cleared out a wasteland on earth, and built a powerplant. It's saying it's inactive because I have no pop on it... do I just have to wait? can i pull pop off something else?

Yes.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Do you have any kind of transparent pops? That's a growing pop, it will turn into a new pop eventually and another will start growing if you have space.

Yes you can drag pops around as much as you like within a planet. The building you pull then off will go inactive instead though.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Thanks

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Moving pops around on a planet isn't considered resettlement. It's only when you move them from system to system that it's resettlement.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I have tried and failed holding off on starting a new game until the expansion.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
watching arumba's stream, i'm impressed with how much more thought you can put in to your expansion, and diplomacy with neighbours.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Afriscipio posted:

I got 3 seconds into that video and had to shut it off. That man should not be broadcasting his voice in any manner.
He talks more like a normal human being after his horrible cartoony intro voice.

It's something I've learned to deal with 'cause he gets early access to a lot of the kinds of games I like...

Baronjutter posted:

None of the early access folks so far I've seen show anything interesting or new and generally seem like people who have barely been following the dev diaries or haven't played Stellaris in a long time. Was hoping for someone really familiar with the game digging into the new features, but so far they're just poorly re-treading the DD's.
I'm not sure what you were expecting. The Dev Diaries were... pretty comprehensive. We know everything now. We're not getting new information, we're just watching the games actually play out. And I am very much into that with the new border system. Oh god, I could look at those beautiful, sensible borders for days.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

IAmTheRad posted:

Multiple voices came out in 1.8.
VIR before was the only voice that existed. I mean he still says the tutorial stuff if you didn't turn it off, but the other things that are said are mostly the advisor. VIR is just the one that will always be there.

I forget his name is VIR. Feel like Paradox needs to hire Peter Jurasik to do a new advisor voice.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I forget his name is VIR. Feel like Paradox needs to hire Peter Jurasik to do a new advisor voice.

What do you want you moon-faced assassin of joy?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

I've finally done it, I completed the greatest act of love in the universe. And my first actual win, just before the patch would've locked it off.

At one point I was at war with half the remaining civs and two awakened empires at once, but I did it. Had to cheese one empire by locking down their army shuttles with a corvette squad, dooming their fleet to bomb endlessly, but hey, whatever works.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Only being able to build military ships at starbases and civilian ships at planets seems like a weird extra step.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gyrotica posted:

What do you want you moon-faced assassin of joy?

Londo is ridiculously quotable, and he's at his best when he's bouncing off Vir or G'Kar.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ConfusedUs posted:

Authoritarian voice is my favorite. It’s not even close.

Dude gives me Makaan vibes in an extremely good way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBwe7KX7PYw&t=265s

Makaan probably has enough voice lines to actually make a full Stellaris advisor, too.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

1stGear posted:

Only being able to build military ships at starbases and civilian ships at planets seems like a weird extra step.

For the most part, I expect you'll actually be building military ships from fleet menus.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gyrotica posted:

For the most part, I expect you'll actually be building military ships from fleet menus.

The Fleet Manager may be the feature I'm most excited about. That one thing is gonna be SO GOOD.

Plus, I think I build like 10 civ ships in a regular game. Total?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

ConfusedUs posted:

Londo is ridiculously quotable, and he's at his best when he's bouncing off Vir or G'Kar.

Absolutely correct. Would pay money for a Londo voicepack.

"Do you know what the last Xon said just before he died?"
"AAGGGGHHHHHHHH!"

I like most of the voices but Xenophile is my favorite. I have more than once tried to be evil, used the Xenophile voice, and ended up being at worst paternalistic because she's just so drat enthused about meeting alien pals and "We took some animals, and made them PEOPLE!! :aaa:"

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ms Adequate posted:

Absolutely correct. Would pay money for a Londo voicepack.

"If you see something this big with eight legs coming your way, let me know. I have to kill it before it develops language skills."

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Dick Trauma posted:

According to Steam I haven't played since late December, which seems about right. Not because I'm waiting on the expansion, but more I've gone to cycle though other games that have piqued my interest for the time being. I have started wanting to play again but with Apocalypse right around the corner I don't want to get into something then learn how to play all over again so I'm just waiting. Instead, I've started playing Distant Worlds for the first time in a ~year or so. Or rather, it would be more accurate to say I've let Distant Worlds play itself as I have no idea what I'm doing any more.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ConfusedUs posted:

The Fleet Manager may be the feature I'm most excited about. That one thing is gonna be SO GOOD.

Plus, I think I build like 10 civ ships in a regular game. Total?
~5 science ships if I'm going full bore PSC (I thought there was talk of PSC changing to account for the new reduced exploration? Didn't see thing in the patch notes), a second and maybe a third construction ship, then one colonisation ship per planet which I build by clicking the "colonise" button.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Dick Trauma posted:

This is the first time where the Paradox Expansion Problem has not been an issue for me. Played more
Stellaris this month than the rest of the game's life cycle combined so I can get proper hours in before wormholes are unjustly murdered.

Still interested in Stellaris 2, I just wish it wasn't mutually exclusive Stellaris 1, a game like a lot.

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
With new combat computers I wonder if they'll touch survey modules on research ships. I only ever get the upgraded versions after I'm done surveying, usually.

• Locked thread