Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Acute Grill posted:

This is the first time where the Paradox Expansion Problem has not been an issue for me. Played more
Stellaris this month than the rest of the game's life cycle combined so I can get proper hours in before wormholes are unjustly murdered.

Still interested in Stellaris 2, I just wish it wasn't mutually exclusive Stellaris 1, a game like a lot.

Me too. And I honestly remembered writing Stellaris off a year ago but something clicked this time for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Pigbuster posted:

Me too. And I honestly remembered writing Stellaris off a year ago but something clicked this time for some reason.

Both Utopia and Synthetic Dawn and the associated patches were very very good!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Ms Adequate posted:

Absolutely correct. Would pay money for a Londo voicepack.

"Do you know what the last Xon said just before he died?"
"AAGGGGHHHHHHHH!"

I like most of the voices but Xenophile is my favorite. I have more than once tried to be evil, used the Xenophile voice, and ended up being at worst paternalistic because she's just so drat enthused about meeting alien pals and "We took some animals, and made them PEOPLE!! :aaa:"

They're fighting. Stop fighting!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

e; ^^^ I LOVE HER!

Acute Grill posted:

so I can get proper hours in before wormholes are unjustly murdered.

The Assassination Of Wormhole Transit By The Coward Martin Anward

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Re: streamer chat

Aspec has the game as well and he definitely knows what's up because he's been making videos with his opinions on every single dev diary:

https://youtu.be/xgF_1W-JQGw

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Is there a decent goon races mod that is still updated? The one I used before has been dead since utopia.

The hardest part of the game for me is coming up with a race to play. There are so many options and I havent played enough to know the synergies and traps.

I fired it up after synthetic dawn came out, hosed around on the race builder for 15 minutes and then just gave up. :(:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Afriscipio posted:

I got 3 seconds into that video and had to shut it off. That man should not be broadcasting his voice in any manner.

Welcome to the YouTube of tomorrow....!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Just make a race you think would be fun to role play. It doesn't really matter unless it's like MP or you want to majorly min-max.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

LordMune posted:

Both Utopia and Synthetic Dawn and the associated patches were very very good!

Synthetic Dawn was like the last straw that juuuust pushed the game into where I found myself playing for many many hours without feeling angry. It's really hard to pin down what changes it was, just a slow accumulation of quality of life stuff and rebalances over the many patches.

I heard the same from quite a few friends too, that they either wrote the game off a month or so after it came out, or had been buying every DLC but always felt like the game just wasn't clicking. But when synthetic dawn patch came out, it finally started to really work.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Baronjutter posted:

Synthetic Dawn was like the last straw that juuuust pushed the game into where I found myself playing for many many hours without feeling angry. It's really hard to pin down what changes it was, just a slow accumulation of quality of life stuff and rebalances over the many patches.

I heard the same from quite a few friends too, that they either wrote the game off a month or so after it came out, or had been buying every DLC but always felt like the game just wasn't clicking. But when synthetic dawn patch came out, it finally started to really work.

I've been buying everything and enjoying it the whole time, but I'm probably broken.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I hope we eventually get an advisor voice done by the guy who is the narrator for darkest dungeon.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Azuth0667 posted:

I hope we eventually get an advisor voice done by the guy who is the narrator for darkest dungeon.

This along with another spooky story pack would be amaaaaazing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Demon_Corsair posted:

Is there a decent goon races mod that is still updated? The one I used before has been dead since utopia.

The hardest part of the game for me is coming up with a race to play. There are so many options and I havent played enough to know the synergies and traps.

I fired it up after synthetic dawn came out, hosed around on the race builder for 15 minutes and then just gave up. :(:

that's when you hit 'random' and make whatever inefficient crap race it gives you work

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Gyrotica posted:

I've been buying everything and enjoying it the whole time, but I'm probably broken.

I've been enjoying the game since it came out but have been playing more of each individual campaign as time goes on. Stellaris on launch day was good but not excellent. A lot of interesting things going in but none of it fully realized. The game really came into it's own around Utopia imo.

This is why I'm pretty leery about the upcoming expansion. I'm losing a game I know I love for a game I'll probably like, but the Devs and I seem to have completely opposing ideas of how the improve the game. Ah well, I hope I'll be proved wrong on patch day.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

that's when you hit 'random' and make whatever inefficient crap race it gives you work

I just want to be able to save this race after I play a few dozen hours with it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Azuth0667 posted:

It crept forth, that unholy abomination known as war. <war between other empires>
What horrors were found in our incessant pursuit of that which once lay hidden? <research complete>
It comes, slinking through the aether, burrowing into our consciousness like worms into the moldering, desiccated corpse of a once-faithful friend. <incoming communications>
They seek the final end, their lives spent callously, as unmourned and fleeting as flies. <war declared on you>
We shall bring them rest, resuming our relentless rise to greatness through immeasurable grief <declared war on someone>

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

crazypeltast52 posted:

I just want to be able to save this race after I play a few dozen hours with it.

oh yeah, that's definitely something i'd like to see added

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ConfusedUs posted:

Authoritarian voice is my favorite. It’s not even close.

Yap, ditto for me. I like to pair it up with the furry foxes too, and it works amazingly well.

Xenophile voice pack is also a great laugh tho. Haven't tried the Humanoids voice packs yet, will do so alongside apoc, but jeebus, did they hire Gwendoline Christie to do the federation one, because I swear that if it isn't her, it's practically her voice twin!

shas
Jul 27, 2011

let me design custom missiles wiz

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

ConfusedUs posted:

It crept forth, that unholy abomination known as war. <war between other empires>
What horrors were found in our incessant pursuit of that which once lay hidden? <research complete>
It comes, slinking through the aether, burrowing into our consciousness like worms into the moldering, desiccated corpse of a once-faithful friend. <incoming communications>
They seek the final end, their lives spent callously, as unmourned and fleeting as flies. <war declared on you>
We shall bring them rest, resuming our relentless rise to greatness through immeasurable grief <declared war on someone>

This is amazing.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

shas posted:

We don't need an Aurora lite, let's not open that can of worms.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

nessin posted:

We don't need an Aurora lite, let's not open that can of worms.

Yeah, you'd need to dive right into it, such that it's not really a "lite" version at all.

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.

ConfusedUs posted:

Woe befalls them, risen from blissful ignorance to know the horror and cruelty of the dread, uncaring universe. <uplift complete>

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Acute Grill posted:

This is the first time where the Paradox Expansion Problem has not been an issue for me. Played more
Stellaris this month than the rest of the game's life cycle combined so I can get proper hours in before wormholes are unjustly murdered.

Still interested in Stellaris 2, I just wish it wasn't mutually exclusive Stellaris 1, a game like a lot.

You can use steam to play earlier builds of the game.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

shas posted:

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

VostokProgram posted:

Re: streamer chat

Aspec has the game as well and he definitely knows what's up because he's been making videos with his opinions on every single dev diary:

https://youtu.be/xgF_1W-JQGw

Good grief what's with this guy's Latin pronounciation? How does he manage to pronounce princeps as prinsipe or something, and rorarii as... rorariai? I have no idea how to even spell the way he pronounces it in English. Latin spelling would be rorariae maybe (I don't speak Latin at all)? Why play with the sqpr namelist if you're going to completely mangle it like that?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Staltran posted:

Good grief what's with this guy's Latin pronounciation? How does he manage to pronounce princeps as prinsipe or something, and rorarii as... rorariai? I have no idea how to even spell the way he pronounces it in English. Latin spelling would be rorariae maybe (I don't speak Latin at all)? Why play with the sqpr namelist if you're going to completely mangle it like that?

It's the law of youtubers, everyone has to have one deal-breaking annoyance that drives you crazy.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Improbable Lobster posted:

You can use steam to play earlier builds of the game.

Yeah, I'm not really interested in it myself, but its pretty awesome that PDS makes this an option.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Staltran posted:

i dont know about the first one but for rorarii its almost certainly because of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJJPce-e_zU

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

Staltran posted:

Classical Latin would be ro-ra-ree-ee, princeps would be as prinkeps (c is always hard in classical latin). So he was almost there on the rorarii, have no loving clue where he got principe from a world with an s at the end.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I watched Arumba stream Stellaris earlier and it was goddamn hilarious. He hasn't read any patch notes or dev blogs and blithely assumes things about the mechanics that aren't true, then gets super pissy when things don't work for him.

It was honestly pretty unprofessional for a streamer his size and if i was Wiz I'd have doubts sending him another review copy.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
All I know about Latin pronunciation is from listening to the unit shouts in Rome: Total War

e: ^ Is this your first time watching Arumba or something?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

It was honestly pretty unprofessional for a streamer

i want you to think deeply about these words you have just typed

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Thursday can't come soon enough, been holding off on playing the game since I found about the major changes coming.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Staltran posted:

Yeah there's also the bit at the start where he's like "it's a united Roman Empire, both the byzantines and the holy roman". What. And he kept messing up English words too so screwing up the Latin seemed understandable.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Yeah there's also the bit at the start where he's like "it's a united Roman Empire, both the byzantines and the holy roman". What. And he kept messing up English words too so screwing up the Latin seemed understandable.

tbf the HRE did claim itself to be the successor of (Western) Rome so if they'd reunited in the early Medieval Era it'd be accurate to say what he said.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Demiurge4 posted:

I watched Arumba stream Stellaris earlier and it was goddamn hilarious. He hasn't read any patch notes or dev blogs and blithely assumes things about the mechanics that aren't true, then gets super pissy when things don't work for him.

It was honestly pretty unprofessional for a streamer his size and if i was Wiz I'd have doubts sending him another review copy.

Yeah he was on tilt the entire time and a pretty big chode.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I can't find a single video where the host isn't annoying/stupid as crap or face camming or both.

I'm interested in the game, not your stupid YT Persona. I guess I'm just too old to be the target market for these people.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

i want you to think deeply about these words you have just typed

Streamers are part of the eco system now and they always get to be the hype front runners. Arumba is pretty enjoyable when he's playing Factorio at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

arumba's whole thing is being an idiot savant, for better or worse

• Locked thread