Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Poop shitiola

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He won't get a ban for that because the fan isn't supposed to be on the pitch in the first place.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

People say they need to make changes to the cup, in a year in which people are swinging at pitch invaders. Can't please some.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Everything Aguero does seem to confirm my suspicion that he’s a dickhead.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

blue footed boobie posted:

Apparently the fan spit in his face. Hard to know though as the gif doesn't show that fan before the hit.

https://streamable.com/2e1hb

Looks like the fan had a hold of him too, you can't expect Aguero to not defend himself in that situation.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 20, 2018

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
pep is a poop

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
sorry I meant a fraud

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

What we saw last night were skills he learned on the streets of Buenos Aires.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Xabi posted:

What we saw last night were skills he learned on the streets of Buenos Aires.

The hard streets where he got a nickname from an anime

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

The hard streets where he got a nickname from an anime

Pretty sure he just misheard.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Ninpo posted:

Pretty sure he just misheard.

lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Soccernet saying Aguero won’t face charges, but has been ”remanded of his responsibilities”. loving farce.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Der Shovel posted:

Soccernet saying Aguero won’t face charges, but has been ”remanded of his responsibilities”. loving farce.

What exactly is it you want Aguero to do when an opposing fan comes up to him, grabs him, and spits in his face?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/guardiola-aguero-wigan-fa-charge-14315737 posted:

City are now understood to be considering a police complaint after Aguero told them that the fan shouted “Suck my d***!” and spat in his ear.

Edit: Unless you mean it's a farce that Aguero was reminded of anything in which case I agree.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 20, 2018

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Aguero also went apeshit at the ref after Delph was sent off and had to be restrained . He’s scum.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

pik_d posted:

What exactly is it you want Aguero to do when an opposing fan comes up to him, grabs him, and spits in his face?

I mean I can understand that he wanted to punch the rear end in a top hat, just like I can understand that Cantona wanted to kick the twat yelling abuse at him, and I might've easily done the same thing myself. That still doesn't make it OK by the rules, and it's a farce that he gets away with a reminder of his responsibilities after punching a fan.

E: as to what I want him to do? Get out of the situation. Walk away, let security deal with him.

E2: and apparently no charges for putting his hands on the referee either.

E3: OR for Pep for his antics.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 20, 2018

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Aguero also went apeshit at the ref after Delph was sent off and had to be restrained . He’s scum.

He shouldn't have done that, but Anthony Taylor is a poo poo ref who didn't even give a yellow for this tackle on Aguero.

https://twitter.com/MaxChestertonJ/status/965689183888203776

He then changed his mind from yellow to red (which it should have been) concerning Delph after being surrounded by the Wigan players.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Der Shovel posted:

I mean I can understand that he wanted to punch the rear end in a top hat, just like I can understand that Cantona wanted to kick the twat yelling abuse at him, and I might've easily done the same thing myself. That still doesn't make it OK by the rules, and it's a farce that he gets away with a reminder of his responsibilities after punching a fan.

E: as to what I want him to do? Get out of the situation. Walk away, let security deal with him.

E2: and apparently no charges for putting his hands on the referee either.

E3: OR for Pep for his antics.

I don't buy it. The security surrounding Aguero pretty much allowed that fan to get up to him, swear at him, and spit at him. You can't take away someones right to defend themself just because they're a professional footballer.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Shrapnig posted:

He won't get a ban for that because the fan isn't supposed to be on the pitch in the first place.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No chance he spat at aguero he probably laughed his head off and said suck my dick but so gently caress that’s funny as
I’d also say someone spat at me if I was in a fight and there was no clear bang on video footage it’s an obvious defence as hard to prove oberwise

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

I don't buy it. The security surrounding Aguero pretty much allowed that fan to get up to him, swear at him, and spit at him. You can't take away someones right to defend themself just because they're a professional footballer.

He kept going after the guy when there was obviously no threat, though, and as other players were trying to restrain him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

He kept going after the guy when there was obviously no threat, though, and as other players were trying to restrain him.

Yes, he was spit on, that generally upsets people. Are you even human?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
you expect the posters itf to recall a confrontation that wasn't over xbox live?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Aguero should have laid him out tbh.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i consider it fully moral for a footballer to give a kicking to someone making fun of them

if you can't defend yourself against patrice evra or kun aguero you probably should learn to be quiet

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

pik_d posted:

You can't take away someones right to defend themself just because they're a professional footballer.

"This dude spat at me and told me to suck his dick" probably isn't a legal cause to punch someone, so I don't know what right I'm taking away from him exactly here.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I'd never seen this before but I'm really glad I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij0FrhyWWW8

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

generally I prefer posted:

I'd never seen this before but I'm really glad I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij0FrhyWWW8

the chest shaking at the end loving owns

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
How was I unaware that this was a thing?

Gonna crosspost to the videos thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGS9hln2hSU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Snow started coming down here 5 minutes ago and it's sticking already. Should be a big crowd tonight lol.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

sassassin posted:

Snow started coming down here 5 minutes ago and it's sticking already. Should be a big crowd tonight lol.

Aye this is a loving dead match, Lawro clearly wants to be anywhere else but co-commentating

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

eleven extra elephants posted:

Aye this is a loving dead match, Lawro clearly wants to be anywhere else but co-commentating

I love listening to Lawro's misery.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

LOL Spurs.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
VAR is a stupid farce

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
refs against spurs

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

A+ VARing out there tonight.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's Spurs v Rochdale and it's about a billion degrees below freezing.

Can't we just leave them to an easy 3-0 win?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

This game rocks

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Going to do a real meltdown if they don't go through because of some ridiculous ref/var/weather debacle

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Hopefully Spurs fall apart now and disband as a club and they burn the new White hart lane to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Spurs are gonna get at least 1 red card. WTF is this game lol

• Locked thread