Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The sense of place in this game is incredible. Given that they used real geography and maps, that's not too surprising. On my way to check out a village, taking a shortcut through the woods, gave me a better sense of wonder and fun than any planet in No Man's Sky ever has, and even better than TW3 or Horizon. The game world just does not feel "video gamey". Things are arranged in a way that seems more real by how imperfect it is - Horizon's map, for example, is so well put together but because of that it feels less real. And the weather/lighting push it over the top; wandering around at night in the rain is bloody fantastic.

This game is seriously the biggest surprise in years. I'm not even someone who's ever been interested in a super-realistic medieval game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pyromancer posted:

The entire shop's inventory is stashed in the chests in the same building, so if you can open very hard locks you can just go in broad daylight, take everything and crawl out carrying it and nobody says a thing because they were at the counter and the chest is in the back room they can't see or hear.

Yeah i dunno whats up wth the lockpicking in my game. It levels so slow, I just recently hit level 5 after lockpicking what feels like every available very easy chest or door in Rattay, Talmberg and Skalitz. So at this rate i might be able to open very hard chests in a few ingame years. But.... By then i'll be a millionaire from my bandit looting racket so it doesn't really matter.

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
Npcs relock all their poo poo every night so you can just rest/wait and pick it all again.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would pay money for a pack of alternate intro videos. On a base PS4 it plays the entire thing every time.

Luckily all the other loading times are nice and short, if this version had the 3 second black screen for conversations that people have mentioned it'd drive me sideways. It's only 1 second or less for me.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

GyverMac posted:

Yeah i dunno whats up wth the lockpicking in my game. It levels so slow, I just recently hit level 5 after lockpicking what feels like every available very easy chest or door in Rattay, Talmberg and Skalitz. So at this rate i might be able to open very hard chests in a few ingame years. But.... By then i'll be a millionaire from my bandit looting racket so it doesn't really matter.

huh, i felt like i hit 10 really quickly

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
How do I rent a room? Do you have to do some quest first or have a certain rep level? None of the Innkeepers I've spoken to have any dialogue options for renting, just "About Rattay," trade, and End Dialogue. :confused:

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Throughout the mission the Captain yells at you if you do anything without letting him know first. If you do keep reporting back to him he’ll send a guard with you to the dying bandt and his friend in the woods. And if you find the two guys hunting ginger, run away and and report back, you can ask him for a hand and he’ll teleport you, himself and three Rattray Guards to their camp and shred them himself. Bernard is a beast.

Is that the group of dudes who jump you after talking to Timmy's sister at the windmill? I tried to fight all 4 of them, first time I drew my sword because I didn't notice they were just using fists. Me pulling the sword got all of them to draw and I was promptly murdered. Next time I tried boxing and was beaten unconscious multiple times before they ran off and I got a journal entry saying, essentially, that they beat Henry senseless but he didn't give up the goods.

beefart posted:

I have a love hate relationship with this game. Like, the combat is infuriating and extremely satisfying in equal measure, and I can live with frame rate lockups in Rattay every 2 seconds because the rest of the game world is goddamn beautiful.

I’m sure people have talked about this to death in the last 50 pages, but what the hell is with that bathhouse sequence in Rattay? Did Czechs really bathe fully clothed in the 1400s? I mean, considering that there’s a quest later where you get shitfaced with a debauched priest and get your gently caress on like 5 feet from and his lady, it’s just goofy that you bathe in shirt and pants.

Pretty sure that's just an easy way to avoid nudity, but knowing the Middle Ages, that kind of modesty wouldn't totally surprise me.

SeaWolf posted:

Trip Report:

So i went hunting east of Uzice to work on my bow skillz and killed a couple bucks and hares... but after i cooked them all outside town to avoid the poaching penalty and went back in to the trader and grocers and I still had plenty of meat to go back to Talmberk on a gallop to sell the rest.. or so I thought. The poor rear end 'trader' had practically no groschen on him so I said gently caress it, let's ride back to Rataje on the most direct path possible before nightfall. Can't fast travel because I've overloaded poor Pebbles and I'm still overloaded myself so we're gallopping all the way towards the marker. OOPS!!!! I forgot I finished the bandit quests for Cpt. Bernard and I'm on the bandit camps for Robard... and I ride right into the patrol for the camp I'm supposed to eliminate for him.

loving Cumans unhorse me when I ride right into them without even realizing it. Their archer fires an arrow into poor Pebbles and I'm thrown from the saddle! poo poo... got to drop all the cooked meat I'm carrying. That's a good 500 groshcen right there!! It's 3 of them and that archer against me. They keep outflanking me and I know I'm not going to win with a stab here and there against each one of them even in my brand new brigandier armor from the noble wayfaring knight I rematched and defeated for his armor!

I turn tail and run. I have enough stamina to call Pebbles back to me and ride enough away to corner one of the Cumans. I shoot a few arrows in haste at him, missing each shot. He unhorses me again when he sprints up to me striking me 3 times knocking my stamina to nothing.
Kurva!!! I circle him preparing to block; out of breath waiting for the strike that takes me down. But I'm armored, I can take his lovely slashes against my plate and mail. He kicks me to the ground and I get up, parry his strike and stab at his head. He falters and I see my opportunity to strike. I slash at his unprotected shoulder and stab into his back when he cowers and covers the strike. I slay the heathen as he writhes on the ground and narrowly dodge and arrow from his archer compatriot who has finally managed to catch up to me.
The sky opens up, rain and lightning as if The Lord was angry with the events transpiring around me. I sprint towards him, bleeding and hurt and slash at him with all my might. In a blind rage just slashing and stabbing until he falls... until well after he falls. But in my raging sprint he's managed to lodge an arrow past my mail into my neck, I can no longer see to my right. I wheel to around to my left just as another member of the patrol falls on me and I flee as fast as I can along the road, back towards the town as fast as I can. No time to call Pebbles, I must flee on my own, my health failing me, I stumble onto the outskirts of the village just as dusk settles and I am saved by the townsmen who come rushing to my aid to take on this fully armored Cuman heathen while I gather myself and pummel him with attacks while the townspeople bludgeon him. I make my final strike and slay the whorechild. Success!! This bastard was the leader of the camp, who refused to give up the chase and paid dearly with his life. I call Pebbles over, tired and hurt. I mount the saddle and saunter slowly towards the gates of Rataje where I stumble into a bed, hurt and bleeding. Victory is mine!!! And a save... Jesus be praised O_O

edit: OK now I'm loving annoyed. I didn't get to save, I'm 'still in combat' according to the game even though I've ridden to the inn at the glade... couldn't do poo poo and then gallopped to neuhof and then back to rattay and I'm still 'in combat' so i can't loving save and now I've fallen into the moat and am completely stuck. I am really pissed that this epic battle and all my skilling up is going to be for nothing if i have to reload my last save from 2 hours ago. this is REALLY loving annoying.

edit2: aaaaand the game just crashed. That loving sucks. Worst game breaking bug EVAR. And I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't have anything to do with this. Jesus be praised.
I haven't been this pissed off at a game in a very, very long time. Not even Bethesda bugginess is this much of a dick punch

That story was awesome with a :smith: ending.

precision posted:

I would pay money for a pack of alternate intro videos. On a base PS4 it plays the entire thing every time.

Luckily all the other loading times are nice and short, if this version had the 3 second black screen for conversations that people have mentioned it'd drive me sideways. It's only 1 second or less for me.

Eww, that sucks, but it may be the loading time. On PC, with my SSD, I can skip the intro movie after ~3 seconds and go straight to the main menu screen.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bogarts posted:

Npcs relock all their poo poo every night so you can just rest/wait and pick it all again.

It's not even worth taking the items to fence if you are breaking into shop vaults. Each one has at least 1.5k. just buy poo poo

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

The sense of place in this game is incredible. Given that they used real geography and maps, that's not too surprising. On my way to check out a village, taking a shortcut through the woods, gave me a better sense of wonder and fun than any planet in No Man's Sky ever has, and even better than TW3 or Horizon. The game world just does not feel "video gamey". Things are arranged in a way that seems more real by how imperfect it is - Horizon's map, for example, is so well put together but because of that it feels less real. And the weather/lighting push it over the top; wandering around at night in the rain is bloody fantastic.

This game is seriously the biggest surprise in years. I'm not even someone who's ever been interested in a super-realistic medieval game.

I just went through the "patrol Rattay" quest and I was stunned how realistic the architecture in the towns looks. Despite the rampant bugs this game is gorgeous and the world feels lived in to a degree that many games miss, I keep wanting to stop and take a look at the creases in walls and the thatch roofing on houses.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Guards don't care about you unlocking doors, you can do it in right in front of them and they won't care. You can also run around inside pretty much at will even if the area is restricted, the guards will only get mad if you are inside the "trespassing" area.

Alchemy: You do not have to follow the recipes, just put the right amount of ingredients in the cauldron. The only thing that matters is if you distill it at the end or tap the cauldron straight into the phial. You do not need any perk for this to work.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just met Hanush and can't comprehend complaints that the script and voice acting are bad. That whole scene was great.

"Why not? Someone made a priest of a pig!" lmao

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The Sport of Kings quest is bugged so you only get 175 gold for it and not some baller saddle that Zora says she’s giving you.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Throughout the mission the Captain yells at you if you do anything without letting him know first. If you do keep reporting back to him he’ll send a guard with you to the dying bandt and his friend in the woods. And if you find the two guys hunting ginger, run away and and report back, you can ask him for a hand and he’ll teleport you, himself and three Rattray Guards to their camp and shred them himself. Bernard is a beast.

Today I've learned that Bethesda has conditioned me to be pretty drat illogical about how I handle quest objectives in open world games. :stare:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

VulgarandStupid posted:

The Sport of Kings quest is bugged so you only get 175 gold for it and not some baller saddle that Zora says she’s giving you.

I have that quest in my log and it sounds like it might be a racing mission so it will forever stay incomplete.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Seams posted:

I have that quest in my log and it sounds like it might be a racing mission so it will forever stay incomplete.

Good choice, it is so far the worst quest in the game for me. Not because it is buggy but because the only indication you get of where you need to go are very easily missed messages that pop up while you are racing.

Here is the solution: Go to the center of Ulzhits, by the church there will be a pole with a flag on it. Ride close to it and you will "pick it up". Then you will need to go to the mill south east of Merhojed. Same deal, there is a pole with a flag on it, ride close to it. You now need to go to the coal burners camp north west of Talmberg, same deal, ride close to the pole which is at the far end of the camp, and then ride back to the start in Talmberg. There is no need to go offroad to win but you need to be fast. To win easily there is a bend to the left quite early when going to Ulzhits from Talmberg, you can ride straight through the woods here getting a comfortable lead.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The OP should have big bold text letting people know that Henry literally can't perform all the sword moves until you get a second sword lesson. Really ought to beeline to that objective because it also will level you up quickly

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Weird poo poo:

Everyone in Ratay pretend to knows me and salute me "Hey Henry!", is all "hello henry", "hey henry". It make me feel weird, I like to have a low profile, and I am not stranger to steal people property. Having everyone to know me by name make it harder.

I wonder why people is so happy to know me. All I did was that one hunt with the local rear end in a top hat noble, and helped some people get a job.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Tei posted:

Weird poo poo:
Everyone in Ratay pretend to knows me and salute me "Hey Henry!", is all "hello henry", "hey henry". It make me feel weird, I like to have a low profile, and I am not stranger to steal people property. Having everyone to know me by name make it harder.
I wonder why people is so happy to know me. All I did was that one hunt with the local rear end in a top hat noble, and helped some people get a job.

It's the reputation - if it's high in the city everyone is happy to see you and greets you in the street, if it's low everyone shittalks you and even refuses some stuff, like training you.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Tei posted:

Weird poo poo:

To put that another way: you saved the little lordling and future governor, as an unskilled whelp, and got everyone jobs, helping the refugee problem. Some pretty hero-level poo poo for a peasant and newcomer, the whole town would be buzzing.
:black101:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

To put that another way: you saved the little lordling and future governor, as an unskilled whelp, and got everyone jobs, helping the refugee problem. Some pretty hero-level poo poo for a peasant and newcomer, the whole town would be buzzing.
:black101:

Yes but why would they be /happy/ I saved the little poo poo?

Edit: Maybe I'm stupid, but how do I get Bernard to beat the poo poo out of me some more? My only dialogue option is 'training', and that is pay-for-skill not actual sparring.
Edit2: Now I can witter to him about irrelevancies too, but still no sparring option.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 20, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Another weird medieval stuff is how the peasants are dependant of having a priest. They don't want running water, a pub, local television, a whore house... they want a priest before they can even think to move to a place.

And the sitter (*checks google translations for proper word* herr... the place to poo poo) is on many rooms in a corner.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Tei posted:

And the sitter (*checks google translations for proper word* herr... the place to poo poo) is on many rooms in a corner.

Shitter. So close.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

The Lone Badger posted:

Yes but why would they be /happy/ I saved the little poo poo?

Internalised oppression.

Don't worry though, in 15 years the Hussite War will kick off, and the disciples of Jan Hus will defeat five papal crusades and wreck some serious HRE poo poo, with guns and cannons.

Anyone know any rich general merchants? I got like 100 chalices that I want to unload.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tei posted:

Another weird medieval stuff is how the peasants are dependant of having a priest. They don't want running water, a pub, local television, a whore house... they want a priest before they can even think to move to a place.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Kingdom Come: herr... the place to poo poo) is on many rooms in a corner.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

Anyone know any rich general merchants? I got like 100 chalices that I want to unload.

Feels like vendor cash grows the more you do business with them. At any rate, herb dealers buy that trash too so try them

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've got a ton of poppy flowers, can I make drugs

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Alchemy is not has annoying has I through It would be. Your character still move slow but is kind of easy. I am bad at cooking in real life, but I don't find a problem here.

Heres some info for people that have not even tried it yet.

- When it say 1 turn or 2 turns, it means the sandclock thing. So start something, turn the clock, and when the clock is empty, a turn has passed.
- When it say "boil", you can safety ignore the word. You don't need to boil anything, simply by having fire behind, is already "boiling".
- If you did the things correctly, you must use the empty bottles in the left to collect the result.
- If you still don't like the system, you can still do some of it for the save potion, that would be useful.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Tei posted:

Alchemy is not has annoying has I through It would be. Your character still move slow but is kind of easy. I am bad at cooking in real life, but I don't find a problem here.

Heres some info for people that have not even tried it yet.

- When it say 1 turn or 2 turns, it means the sandclock thing. So start something, turn the clock, and when the clock is empty, a turn has passed.
- When it say "boil", you can safety ignore the word. You don't need to boil anything, simply by having fire behind, is already "boiling".
- If you did the things correctly, you must use the empty bottles in the left to collect the result.
- If you still don't like the system, you can still do some of it for the save potion, that would be useful.

You don't need to do anything, just put the ingredients in the cauldron in the right amounts. The only thing that matters is how you fill the phial, if the final step mention no boiling or letting it cool then fill the phial straight from the cauldron, otherwise distill it into the phial.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TjyvTompa posted:

You don't need to do anything, just put the ingredients in the cauldron in the right amounts. The only thing that matters is how you fill the phial, if the final step mention no boiling or letting it cool then fill the phial straight from the cauldron, otherwise distill it into the phial.

I have understood 0% of what you just have said.

Alchemism is a secret club for cool kids, and they uses their confusing words to stop outsiders like me to enter and learn it. But I have decyphered their entry recipe and I can now teach other people to do cool potions.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tei posted:

I have understood 0% of what you just have said.

Alchemism is a secret club for cool kids, and they uses their confusing words to stop outsiders like me to enter and learn it. But I have decyphered their entry recipe and I can now teach other people to do cool potions.

(Mechanics spoiler)
All that poo poo about 'grinding' and 'boiling' and 'waiting for 2.34 turns of the hourglass' ? Ignore it. None of it matters.
There are only 3 things that matter
1) What the base is (water/wine/oil/spirits)
2) Which herbs you throw in and how much
3) Whether you take the potion from the cauldron directly, or distil it first.

EG to make saviour schnapps:
* Add wine to cauldron
* Add one handful nettle to cauldron
* Add two handfuls belladonna to cauldron
* Pick up vial and apply to cauldron

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So is Mr Heavy Armour Big Sword Knight Guy the poplar choice to play?

Cause I'm very tempted by medium armour mixed weapons guy, or even light armour duelist

Edit: Also why the gently caress do dogs hate me? They keep barking every time i got vaguely near them

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

So is Mr Heavy Armour Big Sword Knight Guy the poplar choice to play?
That /was/ the meta in this period. Armour makes you not die. You can wear less armour, but make sure you don't get hit. Because you will die.
Archery can be quite powerful once skilled up.

quote:

Edit: Also why the gently caress do dogs hate me? They keep barking every time i got vaguely near them
That's their job.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I've run around for like 10min and I found a golden goblet; a treasure chest with a potion, a ring and some more bling.

And then I looked in a loving nest going "hey maybe I can get some eggs" and I found a necklace valued at 1k loving coinage.

Where do I sell this poo poo for maximum dosh?!

Also loving medieval peasants clearly just didn't look hard enough 10 min from their own homes cause I have sweet poo poo and they have to pour dog pee onto skins for a living.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

How the gently caress do I lockpick with m+k, it seems impossible. I understand the concept but the lock turns too fast for me to keep up with the mouse cursor at the same place and the margin of error is like 0. Should I lower the mouse sensitivity for this, what the gently caress.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Palpek posted:

How the gently caress do I lockpick with m+k, it seems impossible. I understand the concept but the lock turns too fast for me to keep up with the mouse cursor at the same place and the margin of error is like 0. Should I lower the mouse sensitivity for this, what the gently caress.

I have a G502 which has on the fly DPI changing. Generally I use 1600 DPI but for lock picking I half it to 800 and it gets much much easier.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Palpek posted:

Reset until the sweet spot is on the outer edge and see if that helps.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Palpek posted:

It's extremely easy with m+k - find the sweet spot, then hold D and move the mouse clockwise to keep the spot in the same place relative to rotating part. Is your mouse sensitivity so out there you can't draw a circle with it?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Palpek posted:

If the lock is above your skill level then you can't really do anything, it will just break your lockpick immediately.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

(Mechanics spoiler)
All that poo poo about 'grinding' and 'boiling' and 'waiting for 2.34 turns of the hourglass' ? Ignore it. None of it matters.
There are only 3 things that matter
1) What the base is (water/wine/oil/spirits)
2) Which herbs you throw in and how much
3) Whether you take the potion from the cauldron directly, or distil it first.

EG to make saviour schnapps:
* Add wine to cauldron
* Add one handful nettle to cauldron
* Add two handfuls belladonna to cauldron
* Pick up vial and apply to cauldron

The thing about alchemy is that you can make mistakes and still succeed. But if you want more than one you gotta do it right. I get 3 potions a pop because I follow all the steps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The above saviour's schnapps gives me 2-3 per recipe, without batch alchemy.