Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
The nerd chorus can shut it, because that Blackjack is waaaay better looking than the other one.

Guess my JSA just got moved up the priority list for painting.

E: new releases for a new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

So what was today's big news supposed to be? I assume it was something that required Army being updated in a timely manner since we all know that's completely impossible.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

think it just ended up being that teaser image.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
shikami own and have an awesome statline

if they ever get a spitfire profile they will be the mpst broken unit in the game

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
That new blackjack finally makes me like the thing. I despised the sniper one.

Nd what's this about invincible army being confirmed as next? That's my poo poo right there.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

if they ever get a spitfire profile they will be the mpst broken unit in the game
I'm pretty sure that's the exact reason they don't have one.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Pidgin Englishman posted:

That new blackjack finally makes me like the thing. I despised the sniper one.

Nd what's this about invincible army being confirmed as next? That's my poo poo right there.

That was revealed some time last year.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Flipswitch posted:

Great game, need the first expansion before organised play but it's out very soon.

Is it a decent game with just the corebox? I've been eyeing it as maybe a bit of an infinity jump-on point since it's hard to get games and hard to remember all the rules without regular games.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

spectralent posted:

Is it a decent game with just the corebox? I've been eyeing it as maybe a bit of an infinity jump-on point since it's hard to get games and hard to remember all the rules without regular games.
Definitely so bud, I love it. Pick it up! it's really easy to get into and a great side casual game with just the core set.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The fact that we get repeated views of Rosie's butt but not one closeup of Kerr-Nau's glorious abs is garbage.

drat that Shikami is cool, makes me wanna run it with a Domaru link before JSA get squat'd.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I got the USARF army box and it's super cool, but I'm worried - even with all those troops it's only 150pts against my buddy's Neoterran Capitaline Starter set which is over 220pts and he's bought a Tag too! What can I do to expand it out a bit without spending ALOT of cash?

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Van zant and a blackjack, he'll love you for it. Unknown ranger, too?

Also stick to 200pt games in the near turn, that'll help limit the cost (and the terrain bill, works well on smaller tables).

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Southern Heel posted:

I got the USARF army box and it's super cool, but I'm worried - even with all those troops it's only 150pts against my buddy's Neoterran Capitaline Starter set which is over 220pts and he's bought a Tag too! What can I do to expand it out a bit without spending ALOT of cash?

Grunt box would help a lot, so you can work with a very solid link team as your core. Van Zant as stated above is a great choice.
While you can organically build from your box (grunt team, minutemen team, more foxtrots and bikes and droptroops), very soon your buddy would need to buy a Panoceania starter, because Neoterra needs cheap orders in Fusilers to fuel its murder machines

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Probably not the best place for it, anyone have any reviews on gaming mats? I want to get a pair for my tables but there's a ton of choices out there.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Probably not the best place for it, anyone have any reviews on gaming mats? I want to get a pair for my tables but there's a ton of choices out there.

We use a MAS one and a few guys in our group have them too. They work well, they're just 4x4 mouse pads. People had good things to say about the Antenociti ones except for that one guy who lost his mind over it being an inch short despite the kickstarter warning this would happen.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm not a huge fan of the MAS ones. I find the design a bit busy and rigid but that's fully on me being sperglord actual. Theres a few companies out there like Frontline Gaming, Urban Matz and Deep Cut Studios but there seems to be way much more choice.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I like mine from gamemat.eu

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.
I’ve got a DeepCut Studios 3x3 for Guildball that’s quite nice.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
I've got a gamemat.eu as well. Does the job fine, but not far from the MAS ones in terms of busyness.

Someone started selling double sided mats recently, if I was in the market for a new one I'd grab one of them.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I'd say make sure you get something backed with RO-12 or neoprene, like a mousepad. There are some cheaper mats out there made with like EVA, like a shower curtain, but those are crease prone and take a long time (days) to flatten out under their own weight.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Acceptableloss posted:

I’ve got a DeepCut Studios 3x3 for Guildball that’s quite nice.
Are they those Lithuanian guys who make thin clothes mats? Because I have one for Malifaux and they're great.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

So we're pretty sure a Japanese Separatist force is coming, right? As a non aligned force like the Druze, you think? And will there still be loyalist Japanese? Do we know anything?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Just whatever the warcors have been told to pass on.

I've got an industrial Frontline Gaming fatmat, and it's alright. If they were available from a local supplier in Aus, I'd definitely grab something from urbanmatz

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.

Pierzak posted:

Are they those Lithuanian guys who make thin clothes mats? Because I have one for Malifaux and they're great.

Actually, I lied. I don't have a DeepCut studios mat. The shipping from Europe killed it for me even though their mats are beautiful. This is the one I have for Guildball:
https://www.inkedgaming.com/collections/wargaming-mats/products/guildball-field-of-battle-dark-wargaming-mat

If you're in the US it's tough to beat the price and the quality is great.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cassa posted:

Just whatever the warcors have been told to pass on.

I've got an industrial Frontline Gaming fatmat, and it's alright. If they were available from a local supplier in Aus, I'd definitely grab something from urbanmatz
Urban are super easy for me to get, but man i hate their website. How's the product itself?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Urban are super easy for me to get, but man i hate their website. How's the product itself?

I've not encountered it first hand, I just like their designs more than the mats where you have streets and such all laid out. GMG have a few videos about them on their site, and they look fine.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

man, now you all got me lookin at mats. i don't even have an appropriate table to play on at my house

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

You dont want Mats with roads etc printed on them. Makes you build tables really specific ways for fear of it looking weird otherwise

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Yeah, I'm looking at this one. Unique, light enough so you don't lose models on it, and bare mdf would look fine on it.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

w00tmonger posted:

Makes you build tables really specific ways for fear of it looking weird otherwise
Nothing that futuristic cars and police barricades won't solve.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Also trucks and trams to provide total cover.

Luckily my table is a slum quarter, so nothing weird about having whole streets blocked of by fences

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I just got some big walls to do the slum vs fancy building thing. The sections on a mat is more it makes it really easy to know pretty exact measurements.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cassa posted:

I just got some big walls to do the slum vs fancy building thing.

Tell me about your plans for this. I was just thinking about a set up like that.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

Tell me about your plans for this. I was just thinking about a set up like that.

It's a little work in progress, a mate gave me a bunch of Plast Craft Games' ColorED little module buildings

Wall bits are all from Knights of Dice, a cool aussie MDF site. They're 5cm tall so might use them as the base for a taller wall later.

And going to contrast those little pre-built things with these apartments.

No actual photos to show yet, waiting on walls and apartments to arrive. In the meantime I went to the local K-Mart for some cheap vehicles for scatter terrain. Definitely need to base them, get some road lines going.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Please don't split the factions CB.

I got into Infinity for the aesthetics of Vedic ALEPH, and that went nowhere so I switched to Yu Jing for my anime toys. Please don't keep taking stuff away from me, or make me buy a whole new faction :negative:

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
But maybe you'll wind up with a 100% anime toy army?

Though I'd miss being able to stuff haramaki and Yan huo together to make a wound heavy list

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i still would not like my complete faction to become two half-factions

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
What if they replace JSA with just their cool robots?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

have to b v cool robot to beat how much heavy lifting the ninja does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Admittedly my history with the game is rather short so if they've ever done such a thing in the past I wouldn't know, but I find it rather unlikely that they would take away a good 1/3 of a factions units to make a new faction. I mean, there might be a new Japan faction or whatever, but it wouldn't invalidate yu Jing keeping what they have now.

• Locked thread