Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

RPS (Rock Paper Shotgun, like Kotaku, but somehow worse in every way if that was possible)

Did a "review" of LiF that involved never leaving the tutorial island.

Stunning. :v:

Reminds me of when Zero Punctuation did a review of Eve online without ever join in a corporation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Addamere posted:

Reminds me of when Zero Punctuation did a review of Eve online without ever join in a corporation

At least that's supposed to be comical and not taken seriously, and never claims to be objective or even "real" journalism.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaodai posted:

At least that's supposed to be comical and not taken seriously, and never claims to be objective or even "real" journalism.

"boredom boredom boredom EYE STRAIN" - actually very factually describes eve online's ui

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

RPS (Rock Paper Shotgun, like Kotaku, but somehow worse in every way if that was possible)

Did a "review" of LiF that involved never leaving the tutorial island.

Stunning. :v:

lmao

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Jan is the leader of one of the alliances we bulldozed. This is a badbrain community :v:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Tell him to join the forums, there is actually a goon group that plays that game I think.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I mean can any of us really say we weren't j4g

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I had my account purchased for me against my will, making me the only good goon

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can i buy this game on steam yet

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
yes

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

Jan is the leader of one of the alliances we bulldozed. This is a badbrain community :v:

no he isn't, they were nice friends and he quit cause he got a job

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no he isn't, they were nice friends and he quit cause he got a job

I think I have him confused with one of the guys from talisman then

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Apparently KOA (the guys next to the Chinese down south) are falling apart. I believe Ruby is probably going to move to their island to take it over. Plus there are two instance battles today against Hyperion. I believe the battle number is in the 40's~. Both battles will be around 8PM Eastern, give or take an hour.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah, even if you don't play anymore but have a combat character, sign up for the IBs and fight with us tonight against the RPers!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
werkwerk looking at you here

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you have my shovel!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I will try to :getin:

Edit: and I mean a game/guild/whatever

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 16, 2018

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah Werkwerk get yo pollaxe swingin' rear end in here

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

dylguy90 posted:

I mean can any of us really say we weren't j4g

I'm actually worse: join from guild.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

can i buy this game on steam yet

you can also get it for free on steam :^)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55P-UHdZ7WI

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you can also get it for free on steam :^)

How does one get it for "free" on Steam?

Also, can I just spawn after dying, and Zulu warrior the poo poo out of grognards in PvP and win most likely?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Mux posted:

How does one get it for "free" on Steam?

Also, can I just spawn after dying, and Zulu warrior the poo poo out of grognards in PvP and win most likely?

If you owned Life is Feudal: Your Own before a certain point, you can get a character ticket in the MMO for free after linking your account.

Also yeah you can... though that's best with some minimal positive alignment and a premium subscription. Otherwise you will lose skill points on death. There's also resurrection sickness that increases for repeated death, but that would probably wear off by the time you travel etc.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

BeAuMaN posted:

If you owned Life is Feudal: Your Own before a certain point, you can get a character ticket in the MMO for free after linking your account.

Also yeah you can... though that's best with some minimal positive alignment and a premium subscription. Otherwise you will lose skill points on death. There's also resurrection sickness that increases for repeated death, but that would probably wear off by the time you travel etc.

If you get your alignment above a certain level the loss of skill points on death is laughable. Resurrection sickness can be turned off by combo'ing with any weapon (yeah its a bug). The subscription is good to have at first, but honestly it isn't needed. To level up your alignment quicker build totems everywhere to increase your piety, the higher the piety the higher your alignment raises when you pray.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
homecoming script

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Equate posted:

To level up your alignment quicker build totems everywhere to increase your piety, the higher the piety the higher your alignment raises when you pray.
Can't you still just turn on the prayer of homecoming macro and sit for like three hours?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Can't you still just turn on the prayer of homecoming macro and sit for like three hours?

Yes. Do it forever and attempt to reach popehood

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah... but you can build totems everywhere and someone is going to get upset that there are totems everywhere. Plus you can take a torch and level up demolition on them if you need be.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Trip report from a useful pubbie member.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:thunk:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

My cart is parked near the smithy but nestled up against the outer wall for the night. I'll move it tomorrow morning Copenhagen time, please avoid storing anything in it you will need as it's going out for ore.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rust Martialis posted:

My cart is parked near the smithy but nestled up against the outer wall for the night. I'll move it tomorrow morning Copenhagen time, please avoid storing anything in it you will need as it's going out for ore.

You realize we have a bunch of carts right?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Addamere posted:

You realize we have a bunch of carts right?

Yes, so put your stuff in a different one. That one already has my stuff in it and if some autistic was to cram billets into it, I would have to remove them before going for ore.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
hey guys

is nude crossbow-ganking american only or do we have a eu presence too?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Naked crossbow ganking can really be done solo at any time. Right now the EU timezone is suffering because Delamore disappeared, but there are still people around.

That said, DarknessMagic had 20 guys (8 or so were lancers on defense) on their claim putting walls up half an hour ago. Luckily our server crashed and it's been disrupted, but if anyone is available to log in and harass them when it comes back up we need you.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

:frogsiren: ALERT :frogsiren:

For anyone who just bought the game or is trying to reinstall, and is getting an error like the one posted above when you attempt to install the game/patch on the NA server, you're basically hosed for the time being. If you already have the game installed, under no circumstance should you attempt to repair or reinstall the game right now unless you don't want to be able to play again anytime soon. The NA patcher on the launcher is fubar at the moment. I've been in contact with one of launcher devs for the better part of the day, and they've attempted 3 unsuccessful fixes so far over the course of about 24 hours.

UPDATE
If you want to buy/play the game, buy it through Steam. The client that Stteam downloads works. The standalone client that you download through the LiF: MMO website does not work, and will give you a 203 error every time you try to install.

Everything is fixed now. :unsmith:

Mux fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 22, 2018

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
Resources are saturated and we're pretty much just building and killing as much as we want. Join now to kill lovely chinese lancers with a wooden sword!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Like 95-99% of the chinese dudes are so awful you can literally kill them with a harvesting sickle its loving weird

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Like 95-99% of the chinese dudes are so awful you can literally kill them with a harvesting sickle its loving weird

They have built a decent amount of earthwerks at darknessmagic to disrupt our lancing. So sometimes I swim up navy seal style, pop one in the back of the head with my waterproof arbalest, then slip back to sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

andromache posted:

They have built a decent amount of earthwerks at darknessmagic to disrupt our lancing. So sometimes I swim up navy seal style, pop one in the back of the head with my waterproof arbalest, then slip back to sea.

Advanced carbon nanotube construction makes Goon arbalests lightweight and waterproof. The ultimate in anti-Chinese weaponry, never to be surpassed.