Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Kassadin's daughter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

frajaq posted:

is this a certainlyT champ???

It's not, but it is the person who designed Camille, so close enough.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So it's an ADC who builds AP items and is basically Vayne

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I like the idea of gaining damage from layering CC. Other than that she seems fairly ehh.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Firing lasers and missiles sounds cool

Seems interesting

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

So it's an ADC who builds AP items and is basically Vayne

Transient People posted:

Firing lasers and missiles sounds cool

Seems interesting

there are two types of people that play this game

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Reveal page, everything including abilities was legit

https://lol.garena.com/playnow/champion-reveal-kaisa/

Orv
May 4, 2011
Depending on the definition of long range on the ult, I may have a boner? All I've ever wanted was a new Barathrum.

Also is she literally just Venom?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Man the site is getting hit hard, this champ's gonna' be popular.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The site also links to Swains reveal for whatever reason when you send that link via messenger.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Orv posted:

Depending on the definition of long range on the ult, I may have a boner? All I've ever wanted was a new Barathrum.

Also is she literally just Venom?

She absolutely craps out missiles, I definitely have a boner for this champ

I love big flashy aoes on carries

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i want the lasers or plasma whatevers to sound like pew pew. also the champion seems to want to plan assassinations and map movement a lot, which is really interesting(her q is really lovely if the enemy is surrounded by minions, her upgraded W wants you to catch someone in a lane... away from minions, and her R and E are specifically for macro positioning) in terms of having a different playstyle than most adcs except like... kindred..?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Move over Syndra, Malzahar has a new companion in the voidwagon.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't really like the skin in action but this splash is aces

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

holy smokes 👀

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

The sort of alternate universe they've been quietly building through Dark Star and a couple other skin lines of a universe where the League is a galactic scale thing is pretty cool. Aurelion fires literal galaxies, etc.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

How many gay archers is this guy?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

haha that reveal page is getting destroyed. It never loaded properly for me and 404'd when I tried to refresh it.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

frajaq posted:

is this a certainlyT champ???

Without checking anything that’s got to be the taliah / Camille / a sol guy, clunky as gently caress garbage with free roam and waveclear & just reading that I can tell she’s going to look like she’s someone’s deeply stupids fetish.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

Sexpansion posted:

Wow power beyond measure, that must be at least 20 guys

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAWawS46XJw

looks like a jungler to me tbh

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean, it's not like League isn't already intensely anime but holy poo poo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hey, you like playing against Vayne? How about a Vayne that can gank you over two walls?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Kit looks pretty cool but she looks like Quinn with cleavage and instead of a hat or a bird has butterfly wings. Kinda boring, would have been neat to have another monster champ

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gonna have to see the numbers, but my pretty much immediate concern is that a supposedly hyperscaling champ with early game waveclear is an absolute balancing nightmare.

Servaetes posted:

Kit looks pretty cool but she looks like Quinn with cleavage and instead of a hat or a bird has butterfly wings. Kinda boring, would have been neat to have another monster champ

She at least gets a Guyver helmet when she's in combat for long enough.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

Gonna have to see the numbers, but my pretty much immediate concern is that a supposedly hyperscaling champ with early game waveclear is an absolute balancing nightmare.

She at least gets a Guyver helmet when she's in combat for long enough.

the waveclear looks like dog poo poo!!! and it will be very easy to balance: "missiles do 30% damage against minions"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I mean, when Zoe got her reveal, I thought, "Oh, I see. Her balancing factor will be that her Q does less damage to minions," and look where we ended up. I'm not holding my breath this time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

the waveclear looks like dog poo poo!!! and it will be very easy to balance: "missiles do 30% damage against minions"

It will take six months for this change because Ka'sai is in someone's trapper keeper.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.
I'm trying to figure out how to pull myself out of Silver. Currently sitting at Silver 1, and I don't know if I've just had a rough string of luck lately but it seems like every time I climb up to promos, or have too many consecutive wins, League throws games at me where I have to hardcarry or lose. I'll have games where we have a strong lead early game and get objectives left and right - only to mess up in teamfights late game. Or there will be a laner or two that goes 0/9 by 20 minutes.

I've had people tell me they think I play at a higher level than high silver, and they're probably right when it comes to specific things like dodging skillshots or whatever, but there are probably some things I'm messing up on too that are keeping me where I am. I'm a jungle main that mostly plays tanky farming junglers. My laning is reasonable - I can orbwalk and last hit fairly well, but I'm even less aware of what my weak points might be in those roles. What are some good resources for shoring up weaknesses/identifying weaknesses and actively working toward improving them?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I’m lower ranked than you but the answer is going to be “post a replay”

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Do we know if the new champ does physical damage or magic damage yet? She builds AP, right?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sexpansion posted:

Do we know if the new champ does physical damage or magic damage yet? She builds AP, right?

I assume Physical Damage on autos, and confirmed magic damage on passive.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Sexpansion posted:

looks very kayle/hybrid-y

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

She builds adc items by default but has a mechanic where her skills evolve based on which stats you buy and her W evolves with AP suggesting that they're trying to support an AP offbuild on her. Her actual damage output is mixed since she's an adc with on hit magic damage.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Hrmm... nerf Kog.... Release ADC that builds Guinsoo's. :tinfoil:

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

How many homosexuals is the new adc made of?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

duck trucker posted:

How many homosexuals is the new adc made of?

It's a human lady fused with a void monster so at least 2.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Amish Ninja posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to pull myself out of Silver. Currently sitting at Silver 1, and I don't know if I've just had a rough string of luck lately but it seems like every time I climb up to promos, or have too many consecutive wins, League throws games at me where I have to hardcarry or lose. I'll have games where we have a strong lead early game and get objectives left and right - only to mess up in teamfights late game. Or there will be a laner or two that goes 0/9 by 20 minutes.

I've had people tell me they think I play at a higher level than high silver, and they're probably right when it comes to specific things like dodging skillshots or whatever, but there are probably some things I'm messing up on too that are keeping me where I am. I'm a jungle main that mostly plays tanky farming junglers. My laning is reasonable - I can orbwalk and last hit fairly well, but I'm even less aware of what my weak points might be in those roles. What are some good resources for shoring up weaknesses/identifying weaknesses and actively working toward improving them?

It's difficult to give very specific advice beyond general platitudes. Broadly speaking, the questions I would ask are:
  • How are you generating a lead for your team? What's your general plan for generating a lead?
  • How are you using that lead once you do acquire it?
  • How are your fundamentals? In your case: do you have your basic pathing down pat? Do you know how to gank lanes properly? Are you tracking the enemy jungler in a basic way (e.g. I know he started Red, so he'll likely be going up to Raptors -> Blue, then Scuttle...)?
  • How are you playing the midgame? Are you prioritizing objectives and nudging your team towards them? Are you getting dragged into random plays by your team and throwing your lead?
If you post a replay of a losing game you thought you did well in, I can go through it and try to offer some advice, though I can't provide many jungle-specific tips beyond the bare essentials of pathing. If you want eyes on your replay, you can download the replay in the client, go to your My Documents/League of Legends/Replay folder, and upload the appropriate .rofl file to something like mixtape.moe or any other file sharing service.

Twist And Pout! posted:

Hrmm... nerf Kog.... Release ADC that builds Guinsoo's. :tinfoil:

Man, they gotta do something with that fucker. The latest nerf showed how unbelievably useless the rest of his kit is, and that ain't healthy for getting him into a balanced spot (especially if they end up having to change Guinsoo's ever).

Vermain fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 20, 2018

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Tales of Woe posted:

She builds adc items by default but has a mechanic where her skills evolve based on which stats you buy and her W evolves with AP suggesting that they're trying to support an AP offbuild on her. Her actual damage output is mixed since she's an adc with on hit magic damage.

The way the description was worded in the preview suggests that the different bonuses aren't mutually exclusive, so you can potentially have them all late game. No idea whether a true hybrid build would be practically possible/desirable, but I want to try. Rageblade seems like it'd be custom-made for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

JerryLee posted:

The way the description was worded in the preview suggests that the different bonuses aren't mutually exclusive, so you can potentially have them all late game. No idea whether a true hybrid build would be practically possible/desirable, but I want to try. Rageblade seems like it'd be custom-made for her.

depends on the thresholds for activating them, but rageblade/bork/wit's end maybe gets closest.