Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He sounds fine

:lol:

e: jfc this is like the fourth single-emote snipe I've made in two days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He sounds fine
my man
:):hf::)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The ausgbs thread in question later got sent to the next dimension after an incident involving Caredresser celebrating how he's going to get laid after checking a mental patient with pierced nipples out of the hospital

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Inescapable Duck posted:

The ausgbs thread in question later got sent to the next dimension after an incident involving Caredresser celebrating how he's going to get laid after checking a mental patient with pierced nipples out of the hospital

Underage mental patient as well, iirc

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He sounds fine

Niiiiiiiice

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
No, the underage girl was from the first instance of Caredresser outing himself as a sexual predator. :shepface:

Anyways, here's a half-assed memory version of a funny quote from Caredresser's abortive sexcapade.

Caredresser posted:

"I'll update you on how the sex was."

Carth Dookie posted:

"Spoiler alert: legally dubious and morally indefensible. ... [stuff that I can't remember] ... And when you go for her tits, the taste in your mouth isn't from the piercings. It's shame."

Wish I had saved the actual quote, but the thread was such a buffet of amazing takedowns at that point that I just kept on reading. And then it was gone. drat.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Someone I knew in college got his hands on some liquid nitrogen and one of the cats they use for dissections.

That was gross when it melted.
picturing the ending to Hot Shots 2

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
100% of my knowledge of the Aus threads comes secondhand from threads like this, but my impression is that if being a gross dumb goon was like, the Boston Marathon or something, most of us would be the midlife crisis people just trying to prove we can finish, while the Ausgoons are the handful of runners from places like Senegal trying to break World Records.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

I fuckin hate circling the joke, it’s so much worse when the circle is lovely

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I don't get it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The complainer is a lovely joke.

-sweats-

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Doctor Bishop posted:

No, the underage girl was from the first instance of Caredresser outing himself as a sexual predator. :shepface:

Anyways, here's a half-assed memory version of a funny quote from Caredresser's abortive sexcapade.

Wish I had saved the actual quote, but the thread was such a buffet of amazing takedowns at that point that I just kept on reading. And then it was gone. drat.

It ended with caredresser doxxing himself from a month or so previous getting dragged up, a bunch of amazing photoshops and several goons calling the hospital caredresser was kind enough to name to report him by name.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Choco1980 posted:

100% of my knowledge of the Aus threads comes secondhand from threads like this, but my impression is that if being a gross dumb goon was like, the Boston Marathon or something, most of us would be the midlife crisis people just trying to prove we can finish, while the Ausgoons are the handful of runners from places like Senegal trying to break World Records.

That must make me the bomber, as despite being a bit weird and slightly homicidal women find me unaccountably attractive.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Like I said, the Australian federal government's response to a major sex scandal with the Deputy Prime Minister was to ban MPs from having sex with their staff, so yeah, pretty much. We're all bored and on drugs.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

theflyingorc posted:

Just wanna say how obvious Todd Rogers was at cheating

There's a game where his record was 1,110,500 on Twin Galaxies' website

The second place record was 142
He also had the record on Wabbit, where he claimed a high score of 1698, in a game where scores went up in increments of 5, and where you couldn't actually keep playing after hitting 1300, as well as The Legendary Axe, with a score of 99,999,990 when scores only go up by 50 points at a time. Obviously impossible scores that anybody who knew anything about the game should have been able to catch.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He sounds fine

pro-tier pun here

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

darthbob88 posted:

He also had the record on Wabbit, where he claimed a high score of 1698, in a game where scores went up in increments of 5, and where you couldn't actually keep playing after hitting 1300, as well as The Legendary Axe, with a score of 99,999,990 when scores only go up by 50 points at a time. Obviously impossible scores that anybody who knew anything about the game should have been able to catch.

The Legendary Axe thing isn't necessarily obvious, sometimes scoreboard maxima don't follow the scoring rules. The C64 game Wizball has scoring increments no smaller than 10, but the maximum possible score is 999,999.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Jedit posted:

The Legendary Axe thing isn't necessarily obvious, sometimes scoreboard maxima don't follow the scoring rules. The C64 game Wizball has scoring increments no smaller than 10, but the maximum possible score is 999,999.
Yeah, but from that article, the max on The Legendary Axe is 99,999,999, so he managed to get an impossible score that isn't the maximum.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

darthbob88 posted:

Yeah, but from that article, the max on The Legendary Axe is 99,999,999, so he managed to get an impossible score that isn't the maximum.

also he claims to have gotten 65 million on Centipede, an extremely popular game, where the second place record is 58,078

It's hilarious how he built a cult of personality around himself that dumb lame nerds all couldn't question because then they'd have to admit everything was a lie

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Are [Gibson] actually in dire straits or are they just making funny-colored guitars now?

Pondex posted:

Actual dire straits. They have enormous debts that are due this year afaik, and a micromanaging douche for a CEO.

Neon Noodle posted:

Actual dire straits, their CEO is a lowpoly furniture delivery guy

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

its honestly impressive how malignant this site is. like kids came here to download a dvd rip of blade 3 and now theyre heroin addicts with a total cholesterol of 500 somehow

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I.N.R.I posted:

for sure. i think its because a lot of the mega threads here are basically like how to guides and FAQs on how to climb into a dumpster and cover yourself in the garbage and live there. all of the wholesome forums like the diy+hobby one and creative convention etc get like 15 active viewers

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this post heartened me so i went to go look at the normal person forums and immediately found a thread where a guy thinks his heater is giving him panic attacks

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

theflyingorc posted:

also he claims to have gotten 65 million on Centipede, an extremely popular game, where the second place record is 58,078

It's hilarious how he built a cult of personality around himself that dumb lame nerds all couldn't question because then they'd have to admit everything was a lie

Yeah, in the speedrunning/high score circles, Twin Galaxies has this clout for basically being the first people to "officially" record scores and stuff, but they're also quite known for being insular assholes who worship people who've been around the longest without question, and look for even the smallest amount of ammo to use against every other player that stands a chance of topping any score list. You'd think their mouths would get sore from all the dick sucking they devote themselves to.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I.N.R.I posted:
goon: my heater is broken. its sending psychic disturbances to me and disrupting my ability to think creatively. ive had writers block for 2 weeks which 'coincidentally', not, is when my heater started sending crptic messages to me via telepathy or some other method of intercosmic transmission
plumber: whats your hair so long for. its longer than my wifes
goon: its long because im a psychonaut. Im a drug shaman whos spiritually and financially connected to a number of unlicensed laboratories and warehouses along the east coast of china. i wear it in a ponytail and dont get hair cuts because im high on drugs all of the time
plumber: $2000

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Spinster posted:

I.N.R.I posted:
goon: my heater is broken. its sending psychic disturbances to me and disrupting my ability to think creatively. ive had writers block for 2 weeks which 'coincidentally', not, is when my heater started sending crptic messages to me via telepathy or some other method of intercosmic transmission
plumber: whats your hair so long for. its longer than my wifes
goon: its long because im a psychonaut. Im a drug shaman whos spiritually and financially connected to a number of unlicensed laboratories and warehouses along the east coast of china. i wear it in a ponytail and dont get hair cuts because im high on drugs all of the time
plumber: $2000

When I still had a ponytail, my neighbors once asked: "Hey, no offense, but you kind of look the type: do you have some drugs?"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Absurd Alhazred posted:

When I still had a ponytail, my neighbors once asked: "Hey, no offense, but you kind of look the type: do you have some drugs?"

Well, did you?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Inescapable Duck posted:

Well, did you?

No. I'm pretty straight-laced.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I once lived in a lovely trailer where the heater would randomly make a high-pitched shrieking noise, usually very late at night. The heating guy took one look at it and was like, "why the gently caress haven't you burned to death, yet?" It was all wires spliced together in a sweet, sweet death clusterfuck.

Anyway, I didn't die in a fire and my solution was banging the poo poo out of the thin walls around the heater until it shut the gently caress up. If my heater was sending me messages, they were clearly warnings to move the gently caress out.

That or it was a Rick and Morty fan and it was just Reeeeeeeeeeeeee-ing from our goddamn future.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Warning: :nms: from the OSHA thread.

elise the great posted:

I don’t loving do uteruses y’all

BUT given the pliability of early fetal bones, decapitation and dismemberment during an extremely premature delivery is not even slightly unbelievable. After a miscarriage, sometimes a D&C is necessary to remove retained fetal and placental... detritus.

Additionally, having recently squeezed a giant baby out of my vadge, I can confirm that there’s a lot of forward-and-backward action during active pushing contractions. I could see Kepler’s scalp during each contraction for over an hour before we finally got him out, but when each contraction eased I couldn’t see anything but a lock of his hair hanging outta my crotch.

Here’s the deal though: at that stage of fetal development, we are talking about less than a pound of baby. The head wouldn’t be likely to fly anywhere— more of a tumble-and-roll situation, although when it comes to dead baby parts that probably feels like a trebuchet launch. Most of the blood would be maternal, and yes, that could fly— the laboring vagina is basically a potato cannon full of wet shreds once there’s no baby in the way.

There would have been very little recognizable as a baby by the time the parts were gathered up. A flying baby head would have been more-or-less crushed by deceleration trauma, and a rolling baby head would be barely recognizable anyway. There was probably a tiny, intact hand or foot in there somewhere, and that’s probably what the parents focused on.

I still believe the Facebook posting aspect though because I’ve had pts demand to take pictures of their post-surgical BMs to share on social media. And honestly, evocative language aside, this story is completely plausible as a tragedy that would have been difficult to prevent from playing out this way.

Not to open a can of worms, but this is actually what partial-birth abortion was supposed to prevent. A baby who can’t survive could be humanely euthanized, dismembered cleanly to preserve its body, and retrieved without the trauma of full delivery so that the grieving mother could have time with her dead child.

Mikl has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Feb 20, 2018

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

That's not funny. That's just loving grisly.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I got like 10 words in and noped the gently caress out.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah let's all look at this instead.

boner confessor posted:

all the press secs are going to disintegrate in slow motion because they have an impossible job. you simply cannot make trump look good, he is a bastard. you can have all the talking points in the world and then thirty minutes before go time trump comes out and tweets about how he thinks squirrels are motherfuckers or whatever then you have to field a bunch of pro-squirrel questions

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I’m gonna go back in and edit in a :nms: because if that’s getting quoted in other places it needs a portable warning. poo poo made me queasy writing it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It was very educational but maybe not the precise kind of education I was looking for at that time

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

elise the great posted:

I’m gonna go back in and edit in a :nms: because if that’s getting quoted in other places it needs a portable warning. poo poo made me queasy writing it.

Yeah, on second though I should have added the :nms: to it myself when I quoted it. I didn't think about it, but I should have. I'm sorry.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's ok, I clicked the link so y'all don't have to :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yestermoment posted:

That's not funny. That's just loving grisly.
Nah, it's pretty loving funny.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nah, it's pretty loving funny.

Agreed. Dead baby jokes are retro as hell. Due for a comeback IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Are we really not pointed out she named the loving thing Kepler?

I mean I'm really not in a position to judge, my son is named after a space-faring scientist/politician/sex-cult leader but really, Kepler?