Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how come in star trek and star wars the -ites come from the planet -Prime and the -ans come from the planet -us or -or, but humans still come from someplace else entirely

like the tellarites are from tellar prime the mon calamari are from mon cala the bajorans are from bajor but humans nope they are from earth or coruscant or whatever

how come we dont call earth human prime or call our race earthans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Pick posted:

I know a lot of people like to draw comparisons to Columbine, or talk about how Columbine was bullshit weewee stuff compared to today and all that jazz, but it is worth remembering that Columbine was only known as a shooting because it was an unsuccessful bombing. Like there were a shitload of bombs in there and if they'd been even a little more competent the kill count would have been absurd (and was planned to be). The shooting aspect of Colmbine was always intended to be peripheral and in fact was representative of Plans A, B, C, D etc. failing. It's a mercy the bombs didn't go off and were mostly forgotten, and that mercy extends because the copycats apparently do almost no research and don't realize Columbine was not actually pulled off "correctly".

I say this is because Millennials are too lazy to actually read through the books and long-form articles about it. Don't dismiss Columbine out of hand just because it's an old event, it was MAD hosed up even by "school shooting" standards (really, again, an unsuccessful multi-bombing). It should have been an even bigger canary in the coal mine than it was.

LOL, generations only care about the defining events for their generation, nothing else matters. It didn't help that the reaction to Columbine was Hillary Clinton, Tipper Gore, Joe Liberman, and Jack Thompson spend the next several years chasing after video games and heavy metal. Columbine and the response rapidly became a punching bag of olds freaking out over cultural issues they had no clue about and liberal idiocy run rampant.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

uncommon huh, in a time where mass shootings are like ordering another burger

might have more of these uncommon bonds cropping up, isn't that just so endearing :kiddo:

since columbine mass shootings have been downgraded from purples to blues to greens, next stop white

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
love too tease my war crimes

https://twitter.com/OKnox/status/966071316779618310

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

Weird Mike's Hubris

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i hope this gimmick blooms into zerg laying sick owns to conservatives to steer their decrepit lives towards something actually useful

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

yesssssss :getin:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

is this the renewed syrian bombings? will they claim that they bombed some russian mercs

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Quotey posted:

children should be shot at, not heard

STOP EATING THE TIDE PODS

heh got em

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

might wack, might not

gotta see the goods

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

UFOTacoMan posted:

We used to listen to James Dobson (the Focus on the Family dude) in the car when I was a youngster :allears:

i went to a dematologist once for a weird lookin mole and in his room was a gently caress ton of FotF anti-slut propaganda

fuckin creepy

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Did we bomb Russian security contractors again?

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

lol is this about the few hundred russian mercenaries killed by US airstrikes in Syria?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Joementum posted:

this is a list of known crisis actors

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

is this the renewed syrian bombings? will they claim that they bombed some russian mercs
the joke is mattis actually ordered them and putin actually felt cucked about it

now trump is gonna claim credit for mattis' attempt to steer the US away from declaring war on east asia :smugdon:

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

aw yeah gorilla, forgot about this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Lol

Weird Mike's Hubris

i wish Gorilla Cum Mike was the more widely used nickname

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

she was flailing at this point in the briefing for literally anything that Trump has done to punish Russia, no way anything important actually happened.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

a fun guessing game that the world's diplomats get to play for a few days now!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Addamere posted:

how come in star trek and star wars the -ites come from the planet -Prime and the -ans come from the planet -us or -or, but humans still come from someplace else entirely

like the tellarites are from tellar prime the mon calamari are from mon cala the bajorans are from bajor but humans nope they are from earth or coruscant or whatever

Earthicans

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Addamere posted:

:thunk:

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

what's this about then?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Internet Webguy posted:

should make a dating site for people who have survived mass shootings

ptsdating

crisis actor family

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

i wish Gorilla Cum Mike was the more widely used nickname

I like Weird Mike the most because it has that classic bully simplicity and calls attention to how weird he is, thus deepening his alienation

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
*after watching the Mike Cernovich sex tape* that update was actually small, if you, catch, my, drift

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
Russia isn't even acknowledging that their contractors died and the Russian government hasn't even officially told the dead guys' families yet. They get to learn about their son's death from Trump!

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

skaboomizzy posted:

you don't have to be bullet-riddled
at victimsonly dot com

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Louisgod posted:

*after watching the Mike Cernovich sex tape* that update was actually small, if you, catch, my, drift

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mattis please kill thousands more Russian conscripts, maybe even some "regular" soldiers and maybe a spy or two tia :sherman:

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Reality Loser posted:

crisis actor family

i mean, who actually likes the mets

seriously

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
just found out our dumbass neighbor has been trying to steal cable from us

we don't have cable

lmbo

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This Is America

:smith:
https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/966051149810823168

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember reading that people called David Koresh "Mr. Retardo" and how that was probably the genesis of his messiah complex

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Addamere posted:

because prime refers to the first planet in the orbit around a star

we're sol 3 by that metric

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

brain: "give the teachers a pay raise"

galaxy brain: "arm the teachers"

universe brain: https://twitter.com/polly/status/966072191153594369

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

just found out our dumbass neighbor has been trying to steal cable from us

we don't have cable

lmbo

:laffo:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

im bobson dugnutt

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS