Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

haldolium posted:

Yeah, its now 1.2.5.

Also handing in the Nightingales still not fixed.

Thanks for posting this - that was the first thing I was thinking about when I saw there was a patch. Have to wait I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Kragger99 posted:

Thanks for posting this - that was the first thing I was thinking about when I saw there was a patch. Have to wait I guess.

Seems they're following their roadmap pretty tight.

That quest is, so far, the only really broken thing for me in this game. Other things are temporary or general issues with the systems which I hope they will fix as well. I hope "Many quest-related bug fixes" will include that one for 1.3

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

In case anyone's wondering you can complete some optional objectives after the quest itself has been completed and the optional objective is marked failed. In the case of hunting down Ginger if you get the option to go back to the farm to ask if it's okay for him to return, you can do that at any time. Also if you learn about the buried treasure in that same quest line you can dig it up at any time (it doesn't magically vanish). I wonder if it exists prior to starting the quest. If you want to know: the raid on Neuhof quest takes you to find one of the bandits in Ledetchko (Lenny? something like that). If you talk to his girlfriend at the baths she mentions he spun some story about burying his ill-gotten gains in his yard. From there it's a simple matter to find

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I found the fps killer in rattay. Its a bug in the corner of the weapon shop. Walk in and look right. From the outside of the armorers its to the left. That wall has something going on where if you look at it it drops your fps. Looking at that point from anywhere nearby will do it even if there is walls between you. It goes away the further you get so its probably a bugged texture or something but it kicks in right before the entrance to rattay on that side. Other than that one spot my game runs pretty smooth and i could probably up my settings a notch if i didnt have to deal with it. Anyways thats a good spot to adjust your graphics settings if it can handle that spot it can handle anything.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Holy crap, you guys: you cook the poached meat UNDER the pot and make it legal. Every trader is rekt of grosh and the peasants will feast for days!

I'm rich, bitch! :homebrew:

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Holy crap, you guys: you cook the poached meat UNDER the pot and make it legal. Every trader is rekt of grosh and the peasants will feast for days!

I'm rich, bitch! :homebrew:

Welcome to the good life, friend

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I bought this game and went to look at the community hub to see what people were saying about performance and stuff

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Moved my install off the HDD to my SSD and it's a big improvement. No more load times when talking to an NPC and everything seems to run just a bit smoother.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Frog Act posted:

I bought this game and went to look at the community hub to see what people were saying about performance and stuff

Get drunk with the priest even if you aren't planning on seeing boobs. Also Father :godwin: can really take some punishment, I was in full armour and the old dude just kept punching and punching, and eating blow after blow. I think we were at it for a good 10 minutes, before he just said "gently caress it, I'm too old for this poo poo" and walked back into the parsonage

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The link in the op to the steam guide doesn’t work for me anyone got a link?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Empress Brosephine posted:

The link in the op to the steam guide doesn’t work for me anyone got a link?

Yeah I dunno what's up with that and I can't check till I get home. It looks like ALL guides for the game are locked behind an actual steam login now for some reason.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Needle in a Haystack was fun for a bit but man does it get irritating fast, especially since there is a hidden deadline for non-lethal. I kept doing the quests for everyone but they just don't tell you anything in return. So I ended up just savescumming the answer until I found the dice.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
loving cheating bastards! I was in an archery contest, slightly ahead on points, and I bagged a bullseye. Both my opponents and the range master then took off screaming to the guards that I'm a dirty thief :iiam:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

MadJackMcJack posted:

loving cheating bastards! I was in an archery contest, slightly ahead on points, and I bagged a bullseye. Both my opponents and the range master then took off screaming to the guards that I'm a dirty thief :iiam:

Cheat back by parking your horse in front of the middle guy

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also where is the alchemy lab in Rattay I see the icon but not the bench

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Also where is the alchemy lab in Rattay I see the icon but not the bench

It's in the back of the herbalist shop. There's a door around the back of the building. Took me a while too.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah ok thanks man

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Starting to regret that time training with Bernard. Really hard to subdue people and bring them in for police quests when you're almost guaranteed to one-shot them off your first riposte.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
So i just found the beggar by the side of the road who has the 3rd demonic dice of ???
I killed him though as I wanted to see how archery was outside of competing with Hans. I didn't expect to hit him in the neck from 20 meters, or for him to bleed out running away. Will that complicate finishing the quest chain?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Mondian posted:

Starting to regret that time training with Bernard. Really hard to subdue people and bring them in for police quests when you're almost guaranteed to one-shot them off your first riposte.

Get a bat, instead! :eng101:

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

taels posted:

So i just found the beggar by the side of the road who has the 3rd demonic dice of ???
I killed him though as I wanted to see how archery was outside of competing with Hans. I didn't expect to hit him in the neck from 20 meters, or for him to bleed out running away. Will that complicate finishing the quest chain?

I bought that thing off him and have never seen him or anything resembling that thing again. So who knows. Didn't know that people would bleed out when fleeing though, good to know.

e: the perk that makes your armor more intimidating is pretty great. 2-shot a Cuman from 20 yards and after the second arrow the other 2 of them turned tail and ran (including the camp leader).

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Robber Baron If you kill everyone in the camp when you are just supposed to scout you get some pretty funny conversations later

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Get a bat, instead! :eng101:

I've killed them with bludgeons too, do I just need to get the trash tier club

taels
Oct 19, 2012

Clanpot Shake posted:

I bought that thing off him and have never seen him or anything resembling that thing again. So who knows. Didn't know that people would bleed out when fleeing though, good to know.

e: the perk that makes your armor more intimidating is pretty great. 2-shot a Cuman from 20 yards and after the second arrow the other 2 of them turned tail and ran (including the camp leader).

Hmmm. Well gently caress it I'll play through it because gameplay
edit: i loaded the save before that and tried again and found a dueling mercenary who killed me, so i'm sticking with my evil timeline

taels fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 20, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow alchemy sucks

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Is the Rob the Rich, Give to the Poor quest broken or do I have to do something to get the vagabond out of the stocks?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

So, did the 1.2.5 patch really fix the Ginger quest?

I just got to it and I just can't get the quest itself to trigger.
I even reloaded an earlier save to the start of the previous quest, but no dice.

The quest itself never starts for me, so the various charcoal spokespeople can't be spoken to. Even looking up the quest online and finding his hiding spot doesn't do anything.

Even tried milling around for a few days far away from Neuhof, hoping that something might reset there to trigger it, but nothing.

Should I just do other poo poo while hoping a patch will pop out? Or does anyone have any cool tricks for triggering it somehow.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

Kingdom come: chiggity czech yo'self before you wreck yo'self

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

two questions:
is there a way to lock onto a fleeing enemy from horseback so i can club the back of his head with a spiked mace?

how do i stop/kill the bandits that surrender before they start sprinting away from me? im tired of the guy with the key getting away and being unable to loot the bandit camp chest

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

i think to murder surrendering enemies you can just unlock-on and belt them in the face with your sword

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Couple people were asking before so I figure I should point out you should talk to the Innkeeper where the Old Whore is for the A Woman Scorned quest at the point where you're not sure what to do next in that chain.

EDIT: Also if you got the hunter skill to get offal from animals, sometimes the meat you get cooks into cooked kidneys... which are worth 10x as much. Good luck selling 500x49.4 coins worth of deer kidneys if you kill a family of them and this happens to you.

Futuresight fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 20, 2018

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

It annoys the hell out of me that treasure maps are sorted alphabetically instead of by the numerical value of the Roman numerals. I realize middle ages Bohemia probably didn't have knowledge of Arabic numerals but I'm pretty loving sure they knew Treasure Map XV came before Treasure Map XIX.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Where the hell does Hans go in the hunting main story quest? I have the search area but he doesn't seem to be around.

Also I ran into a weird bug doing the quest where you patrol Rattay where you play dice with Nightingale. If I won it wouldn't advance the story and he would just sit there. I tried to let him win but he sucks at the game and would just constantly bust. I ended up just quitting the game and that let it go forward.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Highly recommended y'all get a stealth kill while you're holding a torch.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I learned how to read, cool.

Now I'm just riding around, I don't know what I'm doing, this horse doesn't even count as mine.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Wow alchemy sucks

What does that mean?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

taels posted:

Kingdom come: chiggity czech yo'self before you wreck yo'self

Hahaha! mods please change tia

HORMELCHILI posted:

two questions:
is there a way to lock onto a fleeing enemy from horseback so i can club the back of his head with a spiked mace?

how do i stop/kill the bandits that surrender before they start sprinting away from me? im tired of the guy with the key getting away and being unable to loot the bandit camp chest

Hit them more/faster. Alternatively, take the Sir Gregor method and ride them down! :black101:

muscles like this! posted:

Where the hell does Hans go in the hunting main story quest? I have the search area but he doesn't seem to be around.

Also I ran into a weird bug doing the quest where you patrol Rattay where you play dice with Nightingale. If I won it wouldn't advance the story and he would just sit there. I tried to let him win but he sucks at the game and would just constantly bust. I ended up just quitting the game and that let it go forward.

That sucks, I beat him with no issues. If quitting worked I'd just run with that. :shrug:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm sure this has been asked, but is it okay to install the save anywhere and lockpicking mods on an active save? Or at least the save anytime one

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Frog Act posted:

I'm sure this has been asked, but is it okay to install the save anywhere and lockpicking mods on an active save? Or at least the save anytime one

Yes. You can also remove the mods at any time without consequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taels
Oct 19, 2012

I'm going to ask again because I'm a lazy piece of poo poo, but if you get caught pick pocketing outside of town, is it best to just commit and :killing: ? Thought someone said they will report you eventually somehow and you'll get a wanted flag/ guard aggro/ rep hit.

killed the transient wayfarer, I felt nothing.

taels fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 20, 2018