Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jordan7hm posted:

I can’t focus on math because I’m always thinking about anal sex.

That's not good, next thing you know you'll count the same 120k jobs "created" as part of your employment plan, every year for eight hypothetical years, and claim a million jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

RBC posted:

remember when tim hudak was like 'im going to create one million jobs' by firing 100,000 public servants

im sure therell be something like that again

Public servants, 10x as effective as the private sector.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Literally the same math liberals used to count green energy act jobs. 1 year of work equalling one job isn't even that bad a way to look at it in today's precarious employment environment, way more accurate than a "job" being 40 years of employment with a pension and benefits.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Literally the same math liberals used to count green energy act jobs. 1 year of work equalling one job isn't even that bad a way to look at it in today's precarious employment environment, way more accurate than a "job" being 40 years of employment with a pension and benefits.

Where did you Av go?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

bunnyofdoom posted:

Where did you Av go?

He did an autoban.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

PT6A posted:

He did an autoban.

Ah.

Also, CI is free is two days guys. Oh man, we need some quality racist shitpostings don't we

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
I am dumb and used the cursed hot tag for the annual maple syrup making thread. Sorry person who bought my commie av.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ah.

Also, CI is free is two days guys. Oh man, we need some quality racist shitpostings don't we

You mean CI is two and a half days away from another ban.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sellinger stepping down. loving finally - he's the goddamn reason we have idiot Pallister. Hopefully not for too long.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

You mean CI is two and a half days away from another ban.

Maybe it will even be a perma this time

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Dreylad posted:

The Conservatives just have to not get baited by the Liberals into proposing or saying something stupid and they should be fine. That's a low bar, but the last two or three provincial elections have proven otherwise.

I mean they've already done some majorly dumb stuff and it's only February...

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

eXXon posted:

:rolleyes: I don't have any problem with Wynne specifically. I think she's an upgrade on McGuinty at least. However, she's done very little to change the culture of the party and chose to sweep their past transgressions under the rug instead of cleaning up the place. But anyway, since you asked:

- Hydro One was already discussed
- The gas plant scandal cost around $1 billion and was done basically to win a byelection and save the government. The email and record deletion is criminal.
- The Scarborough subway extension was the city of Toronto's decision but probably wouldn't have happened without the Liberal skulduggery detailed in that article. It's somehow still in the planning stage and set to cost $3 billion or more if it ever actually happens, a cool $1.5 billion+ more than the LRT plan which would serve 2-3 times as many people.
- Ornge - 'nuff said.
- eHealth Ontario cost the province $1 billion up to 2009. It's supposedly working now, but who knows how much money they pissed away on it.
- An idiotic multi-billion dollar giveaway to Samsung to build wind and solar plants that would then sell outrageously overpriced electricity back to the government was supposed to create long-term jobs: "Samsung agreed to build plants to manufacture components for wind and solar projects in Toronto, Tilsonburg and Windsor, and said Thursday it would have its fourth plant up and running in London by the end of this year. The four manufacturing plants will create about 900 jobs, which Chiarelli said are guaranteed until 2016." The Tilsonburg plant was closed in 2017.
- God only knows how much the Liberals manage to give away to developers but whatever the current totals are, their housing policy is an abject failure as it is and their new plan is to force municipal governments to shovel even more money down their throats. At best they're second place in this category to the BC Liberals.

And don't bother saying that some of these scandals are 10+ years old. Some of the policies have improved since then, sure, but the culture of Serious Adults Making Policies That Accidentally On Purpose Enrich Their Private Sector Friends hasn't changed. They're better than their federal equivalents, all things considered, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

The gas plant cancellation is literally exactly what the PCs and the NDP would have done. The Liberals aren't outdoing the PCs on "giveaways to wealthy private-sector buddies," so if we're going to get said giveaways either way, I'd rather keep a higher minimum wage, expanded pharmacare, a reality-based sex-ed curriculum, and better rights for temporary and part-time workers along with it.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

tagesschau posted:

The gas plant cancellation is literally exactly what the PCs and the NDP would have done. The Liberals aren't outdoing the PCs on "giveaways to wealthy private-sector buddies," so if we're going to get said giveaways either way, I'd rather keep a higher minimum wage, expanded pharmacare, a reality-based sex-ed curriculum, and better rights for temporary and part-time workers along with it.

oh you mean all those things the ndp has been advocating for years

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

RBC posted:

I'm only talking about parties that could possibly win the next election. I just checked Wikipedia, and it doesn't look like Andrea Horwath has resigned, so the NDP isn't on that list.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

RBC posted:

Did they? I mean last election they didn't even have a platform til it was over

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Everyone in BC in fully aware that if the NDP/Green actually "solve" the housing bubble they'll be unelectable for a generation right? The good news is that "fast ferries" might finally stop being brought up as the reason they're unelectable.

Elect the NDP in Alberta and the tar sands are destroyed, elect the NDP in BC and the housing industry is destroyed. They're job killers and economy crashers!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bunnyofdoom posted:

Did they? I mean last election they didn't even have a platform til it was over

They were thinking about mybe making that their platform this time but they won’t know for sure until September.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
gently caress Uber/Lyft, I can actually get behind this

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ride-hailing-tappcar-confident-success-mpi-1.4543323?cmp=rss

quote:

A small ride-hailing company about to launch its service in Winnipeg says it has no problem operating under provincial insurance rules.

Edmonton-based TappCar officially announced on Tuesday they plan to begin operating in the city on March 2.

"As a small company, perhaps we're a bit more willing to be flexible," said Pascal Ryffel, spokesman for TappCar. "Some of these big players, they come into markets — especially medium to smaller markets — and sort of demand that rules be changed to fit with their business plans."

Leading ride-hailing companies Uber and Lyft have both say they will not operate under Manitoba Public Insurance's rules for vehicles for hire, which include flexible time bands that allow drivers to choose when they would like to work. Uber and Lyft want a blanket policy for all drivers

Uber said Tuesday they are willing to come to Winnipeg when MPI changes its insurance policy.

"Uber continues to believe a blanket policy designed to cover all drivers during ride-share activity is the best insurance model for a number of reasons, including that it facilitates compliance for ride-share drivers," said Susie Heath, spokesperson for Uber.

Ryffel doesn't see a problem with the current setup.

"We've been very happy so far with the way things have been rolled out, and I think we can work with the framework the way it exists right now," Ryffel said. "We're willing to give it a go and we're fairly confident that we'll succeed."

A spokesperson for MPI says the insurer will work with TappCar and all ride-hailing companies to make sure they understand and comply with provincial rules.

Mayor Brian Bowman called the announcement "great news."

"I hope that it's the beginning of even more choice in the marketplace … I'm going to do whatever I can to facilitate that. Any company is going to have to make the decision whether to enter the marketplace."

TappCar launched in Edmonton in 2015. They spotted the opportunity to move into Winnipeg when others balked, Ryffel says.

"I think there's a demand by a lot of customers who worry a little bit about the antics of companies like Uber to see a little bit more of an ethical approach to ride-sharing," he said.

TappCar currently employs about 250 people in Edmonton and, in an unusual move, invited Teamsters to unionize their drivers. Its drivers also enjoy health benefits and a pension plan, and drivers in Manitoba will ge the same deal, Ryffel says.

"We believe at the end of the day, if you have happy drivers, you have happy customers."

Passengers who have used Uber or Lyft in other markets will notice the similarities with the TappCar app, Ryffel says, but he stresses there are differences..

"Main differences are … we are Canadian-owned. We put a lot of emphasis on treating our drivers well, making sure they are well-paid … in the Edmonton market we are unionized and there are negotiations here as well in Manitoba.

"We don't have surge pricing as part of TappCar … so [customers] don't have to worry that you'll get stuck with a $1,000 bill on New Year's Eve or something like that. There may be the occasional surcharge of $2 or $3 if it's very busy, but other than that, there's no surge pricing."

Ryffel couldn't say how many drivers will be hired in Winnipeg, but noted about 65 people replied to an ad posted a few days ago.

Drivers hired in Winnipeg will have different requirements than drivers hired in Alberta, including a lower minimum hire age of 18 instead of 25. They will also not be immediately required to put two-way cameras in their vehicles, although Ryffel says they hope to make this a requirement eventually.

Ryffel couldn't immediately say whether any of its drivers or passengers had been assaulted in TappCar vehicles.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

Everyone in BC in fully aware that if the NDP/Green actually "solve" the housing bubble they'll be unelectable for a generation right? The good news is that "fast ferries" might finally stop being brought up as the reason they're unelectable.

Elect the NDP in Alberta and the tar sands are destroyed, elect the NDP in BC and the housing industry is destroyed. They're job killers and economy crashers!

Yes, and at this point I think it would be worth it.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

RBC posted:

There is a huge difference between strategic voting federally and provincially in Ontario. Federally if you vote for the red conservatives instead of the blue ones, you get more-or-less the same poo poo either way but with a different wrapper. The red ones will claim to support the things you support while implementing the opposite. Strategic voting for the Liberals to stop the conservatives in that situation is loving stupid. (At least, the Harper conservatives... If the Scheer conservatives go hard right on abortion and LGBT and poo poo, then that would be a possible reason for strategic voting).

Strategic voting for the Liberals provincially because you like many of their policies even though you hate a few is much more sensible given the NDP won't do anything to rock the boat anyway.

If you are on the left, the Federal Liberals are your enemy, though there may be a worse enemy out there. The Ontario Liberals are that friend who is usually cool and helpful but sometimes "borrows" poo poo from you and "forgets" to return it.

gently caress the federal Liberals forever. At least with the Conservatives I won't have to suffer through being told how "progressive" their corruption is.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
no thats stupid sorry

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

This is cool to see. TappCar's app is a bit jankier than Uber's but it gets the job done. Every driver I've asked who's driven for both has told me they prefer working for tappcar as well.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

RBC posted:

no thats stupid sorry

What's stupid? Considering voting for a party that has enacted a bunch of policies you like but also some you hate? Or refusing to vote for lying shitheels who fail to enact any of the policies they promised while continuing all the poo poo they promised to stop?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Ehhhhh

Tappcar is owned by ex-wild rose MLAs / lobbyists. That’s why the PR spokesman is so smooth.

Benefits are paid by the company if a driver is available for 40 hours per week or has 10 hours of a passenger in their car per week. If you drop under without a leave of absence you lose em. The union didn’t have a specific benefits package agreed to (lol?) so coverage is at the sole discretion of the company. A low end benefit package would be ~$700 / year or $14.60 per week. Still, benefits are benefits.

Training costs are all covered by the union. People problems are covered by the union. Contractor paperwork is covered by the union. Vehicle inspection costs covered by the contractor.

Tappcar needs the union so that there is a guaranteed number of drivers available to meet their contract agreements. (Like having 5 cars always available at your local mall).

Basically Tappcar dispatches and then got a union to act as and pay for the HR department. Not really a beacon for labour once you dig into the details.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Entropic posted:

The Ontario PCs are gonna win the June election no matter who they end up running. Even if it’s Brown. If he manages to get the nom that will be seen as vindication against all accusations. No one outside the punditsphere much cares about the party’s current “meltdown”, people are weary of Wynne’s liberals and their perceived corruption, and the NDP would lose against a mannequin with a post-it note saying “Remember Bob Rae?” stuck to its forehead.

The problem with the PC is that they are fundamentally contrained by:

1) probably needs an absolute majority to form the government because the NDP wont' caucus with them

2) inefficient distribution of votes relative to the OLP: same issue with house Democrats in the US where you probably need to beat your opponent by a good margin to get the number of seats you need

They are probably still favored, but the election is not a sure thing, if brown/ford are elected leader they are probably less than a coinflip to win

Typo fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 20, 2018

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

eXXon posted:

The Ontario PCs are polling at close to 50% despite having no leader and a platform that is sure to be ripped up by the new leader. Now would be a good time for someone to backstab Horwath.

Actually the Ontario Liberals have a better record of implementing vaguely progressive policies than the federal ones. If they took a break from the rampant graft and corruption they would probably be more popular now.

no leader almost always polls better than "a leader" because voters project what they want onto "generic conservative/liberal"

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

BC Budget Day :fap: on top of a $219 million surplus

quote:

1. Speculation tax

This new, annual property tax will apply to foreign and domestic homeowners who do not pay income tax in B.C., including those who leave their properties vacant.

The new tax will initially apply to homes in Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and capital regional districts in Victoria and Nanaimo, Kelowna and West Kelowna.

In 2018, the tax rate will be 0.5 per cent of assessed value. In 2019, it will rise to 2.0 per cent of assessed value.

2. Enhanced foreign buyers tax

Effective Wednesday, the government will increase the foreign buyers tax from 15 per cent to 20 per cent.

While it's currently only in Metro Vancouver, it will be extended to the Fraser Valley, the capital regional districts in Victoria and Nanaimo and the Central Okanagan Regional Districts.

"We think that foreign buyers should contribute more for the high quality of life they enjoy in our province," said James.

3. Student housing

The budget allocates $450 million to a new student housing program that will allow public post-secondary institutions to borrow from government to finance student housing projects — something not previously allowed in B.C.

The idea is to get more students housed on campuses to free up spaces elsewhere.

4. Child care

The NDP says it is making a "historic" $1 billion investment in child care in the province.

It will create a new child care benefit worth $1,250 per month, per child starting in September.

James says it will apply to up to 86,000 families in the province, while the existing child care subsidy only went to 26,000 families.

The government is also reducing child care fees, adding 22,000 new child care spaces and creating programming to help support providers who want to become licensed.

Also starting on April 1, parents with children in licensed care will be eligible to receive between $60 and $350 per month in fee reductions.

5. MSP premiums eliminated

The budget will eliminate Medical Service Plan premiums on Jan. 1 2020.

As part of eliminating the premiums, the province will put in place a new payroll tax for employers starting on Jan. 1, 2019.

Businesses with a payroll of more than $1.5 million will pay a tax of 1.95 per cent on their total payroll.

Businesses with a payroll between $500,000 and $1.5 million will pay a reduced rate. Those under $500,000 will not pay at all.

"We believe this is a fair process," said James. "We believe this is manageable."

Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Newfoundland have similar taxes. Ontario's rate is 1.95 per cent while the others are higher.

6. PST luxury surtax on passenger vehicles worth more than $125,000

If your drive a really expensive car, you are going to pay more for it starting April 1.

The new tax rates will apply to new and used vehicles.

Vehicles worth more than $150,000 will be taxed at 20 per cent, while vehicles valued at between $125,000 and $150,000 will be taxed at 15 per cent.

7. BC Ferries fare freeze

The province says it will freeze fares on three major routes, linking Nanaimo and Victoria to the mainland.

It will also roll back fares on small routes by 15 per cent and restore the Monday to Thursday fare discount rate for seniors.

8. Indigenous languages

Finance Minister Carole James says Indigenous languages in the province are under threat and points out B.C. is home to 60 per cent of First Nations languages in Canada.

To support their preservation and revitalization, the budget includes $50 million in this fiscal year for programs.

9. Health care

The province says it will spend more than $1.5 billion in health-care-related spending.

Initiatives include improved care for seniors, such as increased hours of residential care and money to help residents find a family doctor.

10. Wildfires

The government says it is also accounting for unpredictable costs due to the impacts of climate change. Specifically, it says it will set aside $72 million for wildfire recovery and resiliency activities.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Nice.

The speculation tax is only $5000 on a $1M property.

I worry about the enforcement side of these two taxes. Are they going to be able to catch all the cheaters exploiting loop holes? I think the most important thing right now is not new taxes but enforcing existing rules and getting rid of the ability to hide behind anonymous corporations. Although I guess if the property is owned by a corporation or trust it would need to pay BC incomes taxes to avoid these taxes?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

tagesschau posted:

You make such a compelling argument that I'm not going to vote PC this time.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Randy Hillier just dropped an Integrity Commissioner complaint against Patrick Brown today in which he not only says Brown can't just magically say his name is cleared of sex assault allegations but that Patrick Brown apparently accepted a bunch of trips from Party suppliers to places like Syria and India.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/reevely-as-pc-leader-patrick-brown-took-free-trips-from-suppliers-mpp-randy-hillier-alleges

quote:

Ottawa Valley MPP Randy Hillier intensified his campaign against former Progressive Conservative leader Patrick Brown on Tuesday, reporting him to the provincial integrity commissioner for alleged ethics violations — just after most of the Tory party’s executive threatened to revolt if Brown isn’t allowed to run to reclaim his place at the top of the party.

The integrity complaint, which Hillier released publicly at the end of the day, alleges that Brown accepted trips abroad from suppliers to the party, failed to report outside income in routine disclosures to the legislature, and raises questions about how he’s able to afford his home near Barrie.

Brown didn’t immediately have a response to the claims. Allegations like Hillier’s are meant to trigger a full investigation by integrity commissioner J. David Wake, a former judge.

“On the weekend, I put out a statement in which I declared Mr. Brown to be unfit to be leader, unfit to be in the PC caucus, and unfit to be premier,” Hillier said in a fresh declaration against his former leader and caucusmate. “This statement was incomplete. He is also unfit to serve in the legislature.”

Brown has said he deserves “due process” in defending against sexual-misconduct allegations first aired on CTV News that led quickly to his resignation in January.

Hillier, the Lanark-Frontenac-Lennox and Addington MPP, has been a major Tory faction’s attack dog against Brown, who needs approval from a party committee to enter the race to succeed himself as leader. One qualification to run is to be eligible to run as a candidate for a seat in the legislature in the next election; Brown is officially the party’s nominee in Barrie-Springwater-Oro-Medonte. But Fedeli kicked Brown out of the Progressive Conservative caucus last Friday and now the party’s nominations committee could take the riding nomination away.

Brown was due for an interview with the committee Tuesday evening. These internal deliberations aren’t public and have no required timelines.

The committee nixes candidacies all the time — the frequency with which it did so when Brown was leader ticked off would-be candidates all over the province. It’s vacated two nominations since Brown resigned, over ballot-stuffing allegations that Brown himself didn’t consider serious.

Not so fast, say Brown loyalists in the party. There are lots of those. Ten of them, including several of the Progressive Conservative party’s numerous vice-presidents and the president of the party youth wing, wrote to the nominations committee to “demand that the (committee) not disallow the candidacy of any leadership candidate in the 2018 grassroots leadership race.”

Leaving any candidate out “would be a slap in the face to our hundreds of thousands of members,” they wrote, and “any attempt to block any candidate will be meet (sic) with hostilities by the PC party executive and a motion will be tabled to overturn your decision.”

Brown is the only candidate who hasn’t been given the go-ahead; Tanya Granic Allen, Christine Elliott, Doug Ford and Caroline Mulroney are all cleared to run. Hillier has endorsed Elliott.

The party executive has been in flux since Brown resigned and party president Rick Dykstra quit shortly afterward as he faced his own sexual-assault allegation, but at last count it had 24 members. Not all of the 10 people threatening to revolt have votes, either. But they’re still a meaningful bloc of senior Tories who could make even more trouble for the party.

Brown has been charged with no crime. He has been accused of unwanted sexual advances (by two women, not publicly named), of inflating party membership rolls (by interim leader Vic Fedeli), of using party funds improperly (by Hillier), and of getting into an odd but ultimately aborted arrangement to sell his share of a bar in Barrie to a Brampton paralegal who later became a Tory candidate (in a story published Monday night in the Globe and Mail).

Expect more, Brown said Tuesday before Hillier filed his complaint, via one of the Facebook posts he’s been using to defend himself.

“You know this movement is bigger than any one of us — it’s bigger than one individual, it’s bigger than our party and it’s bigger and more powerful than a select group of individuals who feel entitled to destroy what we’ve built together these past three years,” he wrote. I’m deeply disappointed to say this but those individuals — the forces who brought us here today, are back again. I want you to know that over the next weeks you may hear or see stories questioning my integrity, character and my leadership of our party.”

In the same message, Brown sort of explained how he came to claim that the Tories had 200,000 members on Jan. 13, but Fedeli now says the number is more like 133,000. The party had 180,000 paid-up members in December, Brown wrote.

“I urged caucus and candidates to work hard to get that number over 200,000. At the end of that month and in January of 2018, thousands of memberships expired. This can all be verified easily. There is one person at party headquarters who looks after every single membership form and verifies the payment. He should be allowed to speak but won’t be allowed to because he will speak the truth,” Brown wrote.

This seems to mean that when Brown boasted of the 200,000 number, he was including people who’d recently let their memberships lapse.

Brown himself wasn’t at Queen’s Park on Tuesday to take his seat as the legislature resumed following a winter break. When he left, he was party leader, planted in the middle of the opposition’s front bench. His new place, as an MPP with no party claiming him, is in a back corner tucked behind another former Tory who Brown himself ejected months ago: Carleton-Mississippi Mills MPP Jack MacLaren.

https://twitter.com/reevesreport/status/965971475906805760

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Life comes at you fast

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
aw beaten

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Leofish posted:

Randy Hillier just dropped an Integrity Commissioner complaint against Patrick Brown today in which he not only says Brown can't just magically say his name is cleared of sex assault allegations but that Patrick Brown apparently accepted a bunch of trips from Party suppliers to places like Syria and India.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/reevely-as-pc-leader-patrick-brown-took-free-trips-from-suppliers-mpp-randy-hillier-alleges

drat

https://twitter.com/reevesreport/status/966092813803905025

e: from the star article Dreylad posted

quote:

“I’ve known Patrick Brown to lie just about every time he opens his mouth. We’re bringing it to the proper agencies to have it fully investigated and that due process is completed.”

Goddamn

e2: the whole complaint is loving gold.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 21, 2018

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
:420: got that PCPO. Good poo poo man

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

cowofwar posted:

The speculation tax is only $5000 on a $1M property.

It would rise to $20k (a year) in 2019.

Cutting an annual return on investment by 2% could be enough to encourage people to park their money elsewhere.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

aw beaten

Life comes at you fast

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I had no idea just how insanely dirty Patrick Brown actually was.

Holy poo poo, I just want a glimpse into the dimension where he actually did become Premier.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It's probably worth noting that Randy Hillier is a bit of a crank too though. Nonetheless, the allegations and the formal complaint are real as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

quote:

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/02/20/patrick-browns-girlfriend-says-wrong-how-media-has-treated-him.html

Patrick Brown’s 23-year-old girlfriend says the ousted former Progressive Conservative leader “is one of the most respectful, decent and caring individuals I have ever met.”

“You can ask any questions you want but I have no interest in participating in an attack on a good man,” Genevieve Gualtieri said in a text message to the Star.

“It is wrong how the media has treated him.”

Brown, who turns 40 in May, has said the allegations are false, and has been publicly fighting back in a bid to clear his name.