Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Based on what they’ve said about the halo so far, he would have been safe if he’d only hit a double-decker bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Bianchi's crash destroyed the roll bar, it would've sheared the halo right off. Even if you somehow build cockpit protection that holds up to that force, the rapid deceleration still results in brain damage.

Exactly, the halo is a lovely knee jerk reaction

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Based on what they’ve said about the halo so far, he would have been safe if he’d only hit a double-decker bus.

No, only if a double decker bus fell on him. The thing is extremely over engineered.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That's why the halo is 'neutral' in the Bianchi crash: it was such a catastrophic event it wouldn't have made a difference one way or the other. The only difference that can be made is not having cars running under just double waved yellows when there's a 2 ton crane in the runoff in bad weather.

For all other incidents tested the halo is beneficial to driver safety. You can argue it's overkill, but I'll take overkill over killed drivers, thanks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Have we used "Halo darkness my old friend" as a thread title before?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thankfully they are finally overhauling the regulations this year. Now, instead of lifting with a crane, disabled cars will be shunted off using double-decker buses.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Halo, is it me you're looking for?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tsaedje posted:

Halo, is it screen you're looking for?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Nice

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
i had a dream that i went to the brazilian grand prix and got to meet and greet felipe massa but he looked really depressed. i took some ferrari driving gloves even though i'm not a ferrari fan and he signed one with his email address which was like "felipem18999@gmail.com" and i was like wtf i didn't want his email so i asked him to autograph the other glove and he did and then got really annoyed and left

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
nightmare

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rhopunzel posted:

i had a dream that i went to the brazilian grand prix and got to meet and greet felipe massa but he looked really depressed. i took some ferrari driving gloves even though i'm not a ferrari fan and he signed one with his email address which was like "felipem18999@gmail.com" and i was like wtf i didn't want his email so i asked him to autograph the other glove and he did and then got really annoyed and left

are you doctor completo?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Have we used "Halo darkness my old friend" as a thread title before?

Halo my honey, Halo my baby

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wirth1000 posted:

Halo my honey, Halo my baby

Halo my ragdoll head

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Halo my ragdoll head

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Halo my ragdoll head

Mods aren't supposed to goodpost, it's a conflict of interest

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Gigi Galli posted:

Halo my ragdoll head

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gigi Galli posted:

Halo my ragdoll head

:coolspot:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
The halo is beautiful.
They should really do something about the cars underneath though.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Having seen them on the cars proper now I can safely say I have no strong feelings either way about them

I suspect it will be like when the tall narrow wings came in and you didn't even notice them by the 2/3rd race

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i didnt even notice the halo until somenorns sperged about it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have lost the ability to care enough one way or the other to have an opinion on the halo.

I suspect in time I will grow to loath all the people bitching about it in comments sections though.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
*in Chad Warden voice* Halo, man they best rename that poo poo to GAYlo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m the inflatable kangaroo toy.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/966258804013879296?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Halo? more like Hellno

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I do not really care about the halo, even though it's ugly.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alonso's helmet:

Slightly different angle:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That looks dumb with words and stickers just slapped wherever all willy nilly.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's a great helmet.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

It should have a lion shooting a laser or some other stupid crap that looks bad.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

That's a great helmet.

Shame about the driver haha.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Human Grand Prix posted:

It should have a lion shooting a laser or some other stupid crap that looks bad.

Or at least make the ads flow with the design and not just big white letters over top of an okay base design.

The Petrobras thing was probably a last minute addition and they didn't have a more fluid logo to use.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

track day bro! posted:

Shame about the driver haha.

i looks like there's some fancy design on the top so you have something to look at when he hangs his head in shame.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

i looks like there's some fancy design on the top so you have something to look at when he hangs his head in shame.

The built in radio only picks up messages of a certain snark percentage.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm glad we're going back towards big blocks of colours on helmets instead of swooshes and spikes and gradients everywhere

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

That's how every single helmet looks.

Powershift posted:

It's just a 14.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

That's how every single helmet looks.

It's just a 14.

The red bull helmets have the logo integrated well. Others have logos parallel with the lines of the design as to not break it up. This is just a helmet pulled off the shelf with some sponsor stickers slapped on.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Kimwhoar.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

The red bull helmets have the logo integrated well. Others have logos parallel with the lines of the design as to not break it up. This is just a helmet pulled off the shelf with some sponsor stickers slapped on.

Literally 95% of helmets are decent designs with random stickers slapped on them, you are being insanely stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aidslo

• Locked thread