Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It sucks that it was an entire page. The last time there was a major misprint it was a messed up word balloon so they sent out a sticker to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Haha, for what book?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hup posted:

Haha, for what book?

I'm wracking my brain but I can't remember!

Most recently Dark Horse sent out autographed copies of a book and forgot to have the writer autograph the book so they sent out a sticker to be applied inside.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
The Batman: Anarky trade had a missing word bubble and when I bought my copy it came with a little sticker to fix it.

Zengbo
Jun 25, 2006

I pity the fool who messes with my tea!
I was thinking about checking out the Hellblazer rebirth series. Is it worth getting into?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

So far it’s been very mediocre. The DCYou Constantine the Hellblazer series was far superior.

Zengbo
Jun 25, 2006

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

So far it’s been very mediocre. The DCYou Constantine the Hellblazer series was far superior.

Was? So has it been ended?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Zengbo posted:

Was? So has it been ended?

The current series is still going, but they're talking about the 2015 series, which lasted 13 issues.
https://www.comixology.com/Constantine-The-Hellblazer-2015-2016/comics-series/44115

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 20, 2018

Zengbo
Jun 25, 2006

Thanks. I guess I’ll start from there, then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zengbo posted:

Thanks. I guess I’ll start from there, then.

How much of his original series have you read?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

As much as Jason sucks, him consistently wearing a mask under another mask will always make me smile.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Well, Jason certainly fits in Injustice. Trash deserves trash.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Well, Jason certainly fits in Injustice. Trash deserves trash.

And he is being recruited by the bad guys.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm confused by this development because it was so obvious I straight up thought the comic had revealed it earlier, like I had a vague memory of that being the case.

Zengbo
Jun 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

How much of his original series have you read?

A friend lent me his box of old hellblazer comics and I think I’ve read the first 60 issues or so. It was about 10 years ago when I was first getting into comics. I don’t remember much - a gypsy caravan and underage girl taking care of Constantine maybe? How much do I need to know to jump in?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zengbo posted:

A friend lent me his box of old hellblazer comics and I think I’ve read the first 60 issues or so. It was about 10 years ago when I was first getting into comics. I don’t remember much - a gypsy caravan and underage girl taking care of Constantine maybe? How much do I need to know to jump in?

Oh nothing really but I was going to suggest you read the original series since it's so much better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zengbo posted:

Vertigo Hellblazer lasted 500 issues and I can't think of another 500 issues in a row of any comic that had as good of a quality to crap ratio as Hellblazer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Vertigo Hellblazer lasted 500 issues and I can't think of another 500 issues in a row of any comic that had as good of a quality to crap ratio as Hellblazer.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Skwirl posted:

300, as mentioned. And the number of modern books to reach that far is countable on one hand. Cerebus, Spawn. Maybe if you count everything Hellboy/brpd related you get near 300.

A random 300 of any of the really long running books is going to be a Hodge podge of vastly different takes on the idea, without anything resembling the unified vision Hellblazer carried. (There may be a really good stretch of 300 2000ad's somewhere in the eighties though.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Benjamin Percy's taking Nightwing in May
https://www.cbr.com/benjamin-percy-nightwing-new-writer/

Also in May, Mad Magazine gets rebooted to a #1.
https://www.newsarama.com/38696-is-mad-rebooting-to-a-new-1-or-is-it-just-an-april-fool-s-joke.html

I don't think that's the worst idea. Who reads it now? Put Mark Russell in charge of it or something. Base a comedy comics imprint around it.

Edit: Bombshells is ending.
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/966024744729481216
1300 pages sounds like it's omnibus material.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 21, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sorry to double post, but May solicits: https://www.newsarama.com/38716-dc-comics-may-2018-solicitations.html

Birds of Prey ending

Tynion leaves Dec at #981

Percy on Nightwing

Bombshells ending

Andy Diggle returns for the first time since quitting his N52 Action Comics run one issue in, for the Green Lanterns annual

Jim Lee sets the record for an artist quitting on a New Age series with Immortal Men #2, meanwhile Rockafort sets the record for staying on with Sideways #4

Big ol' Final Crisis omnibus :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 21, 2018

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

quote:

CYBORG #22
Written by MARV WOLFMAN
Art and cover by SAM LOTFI
Variant cover by CARLOS D’ANDA
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“My name is Nijiro Jin, born of flesh and blood, but now encased in steel. I have become N-Jin, who seeks to discard the final traces of frail humanity to become Mekkan-X, the Man-God who will soon wield the power infinite.
“All that stands in my way is the construct they call Cyborg. It is for that reason alone that he must regretfully die.”
Introducing Mekkan-X, born in the waning days of the 19th century, who has targeted for destruction not only the Robo Dojo school of giant robot makers, but Vic Stone as well.
On sale MAY 2 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Teenage Fansub posted:

Sorry to double post, but May solicits: https://www.newsarama.com/38716-dc-comics-may-2018-solicitations.html

Birds of Prey ending

Aww, that's a shame, it was a nice little series.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
This Batman looks so good can't wait for tomorrow.

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-batman-41/

Woo! I was not expecting her to go so big! And so short, drat.

nofather fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 21, 2018

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oh cool, the solicit for the final part of No Justice is promising that characters will be killed off. That sure is a good sign.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Super Sons is also ending. They didn't put FINAL ISSUE up on the solicit, but it is in the catalog.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The fact that that sits next to an issue of Red Hood continuing on is like a special form of mockery.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
so what are the odds of Bendis getting rid of Jonathan as part of the relaunch

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Like zero?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Didn't they announce a new Super Sons book for the new children's imprint?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Adnor posted:

Didn't they announce a new Super Sons book for the new children's imprint?

Those are stand alone graphic novels, and not ongoing series'.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aw shitsticks, they're also canceling Supergirl. Which is too bad, but at the same time the series never got a chance to breathe, it kept hurtling from big story to big story and never really hit a status quo. Come to think of it, that's kind of my complaint with a lot of the DC books I've read.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Aw shitsticks, they're also canceling Supergirl. Which is too bad, but at the same time the series never got a chance to breathe, it kept hurtling from big story to big story and never really hit a status quo. Come to think of it, that's kind of my complaint with a lot of the DC books I've read.

I'm sure they're going to launch a new Supergirl book that is probably 100% in line with the show instead of just sort of like it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure they're going to launch a new Supergirl book that is probably 100% in line with the show instead of just sort of like it.

Either that or just straight up do its own thing like the GA book has been doing

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

S'pose there'll be a new thread about this time next month for the League announcements.
I'll miss you, 2016 Ben Affleck!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 21, 2018

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Priest's JL is going from strength to strength. I love that his League are doing crisis response to serious problems that aren't based in, "a supervillain is tearing up midtown!", but have some actual imagination behind them. Also making me like Cyborg more than I've ever liked Cyborg. Vic is like, genuinely interesting in this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I've been reading the swamp thing issues before Moore's run. They are a bit tedious. A big highlight is the Phantom Stranger backups. Those own.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Roth posted:

Those are stand alone graphic novels, and not ongoing series'.

Awww man, I'll miss Supersons then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Adnor posted:

Awww man, I'll miss Supersons then.

Me too. It's my favourite DC comic at the moment. :(