Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Eh, I've seen better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Calling her a pro athlete is like calling somebody that self-published their 10-book series about how their cats are secretly princesses a professional author.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Internet Wizard posted:

Calling her a pro athlete is like calling somebody that self-published their 10-book series about how their cats are secretly princesses a professional author.

Is that a thing you made up or can I buy those books?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Internet Wizard posted:

If that self-published person got their books on the NYT Best Seller list, I'd call them a professional author.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zemyla posted:

If that self-published person got their books on the NYT Best Seller list, I'd call them a professional author.

Is there an obscure category of the NYT Best Seller list where they only get 15 or so books listed per year? Because this just gave me a great idea ....

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Is there an obscure category of the NYT Best Seller list where they only get 15 or so books listed per year? Because this just gave me a great idea ....

Historical fiction travel guides probably aren't very well represented.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Too late, somebody already did it.

https://www.pajiba.com/book_reviews/did-this-book-buy-its-way-onto-the-new-york-times-bestseller-list.php

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Kinda?

https://medium.com/the-mission/behind-the-scam-what-does-it-take-to-be-a-best-selling-author-3-and-5-minutes-ec05cee1749a

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Internet Wizard posted:

10-book series about how their cats are secretly princesses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7IvGM2BLLM

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ha ha ha, I recognised the book because I read about the minor scandal over the ripped off cover art a while back, looks like that author was even scammier than I'd realised. :v:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Setzeri/status/965618967661432832

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

Oddly enough, I own a copy of this book that I bought as a curiosity directly from a little stand run by the author herself. She seemed like she had serious delusions of conspiracy against her (or she was faking some). According to her, it was the only book ever removed from the NYT bestseller list.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If the person (people?) behind Obvious Plant turns out to be a milkshake duck, nobody tell me

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

I would play this Final Fantasy game.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni
https://twitter.com/nucleartakes/status/965621682005258246

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hey baby, can I discharge some personality in your deposit?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

:stonklol:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
How many fucks until I become the man?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I know the NetherRealm games have crazy crossovers* but I still went :monocle:

*The latest Mortal Kombat game had a bunch of horror movie characters as DLC for example.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I know the NetherRealm games have crazy crossovers* but I still went :monocle:

*The latest Mortal Kombat game had a bunch of horror movie characters as DLC for example.

Injustice 2 had Hellboy too in a previous DLC, along with Raiden and Subzero.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

For a second I thought you meant Revengeance Raiden. That would be pretty awesome.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

i demand an explanation, with wikipedia citations

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
That’s an easy one, and I haven’t even watched the show. Monk is severely OCD, and the videos are designed to give OCD people fits.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Das Boo posted:

Ah yes student, here we come to the heart of the lesson:

To truly be a man you must give no fucks :viggo:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My personality is whole.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Mine is, on the other hand, bankrupt.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gbut posted:

Mine is, on the other hand, bankrupt.

What women don't tell you is that if you make a deposit, you can also make a withdrawal. Look up "felching".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jerry Cotton posted:

Look up "felching".

I looked up into a felching once and ended up with pinkeye. If you really must watch I recommend standing off to the side.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I looked up into a felching once and ended up with pinkeye. If you really must watch I recommend standing off to the side.

Ah yes, the case Nietzsche warned us about : booty being in the eye of the beholder.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Das Boo posted:

sure gives that mulan song a while different context

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So does this work with skills as well? Like, I want to know how to do woodworking, so should I just let a master carpenter gently caress me?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ah yes, the case Nietzsche warned us about : booty being in the eye of the beholder.

You’ve got to be with someone spunky for them to engage your felching fetish.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

At the very least it'll improve your woodworking skills.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The Woodwright's Cock

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I need a banjo player to gently caress me. No homo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

My personality is whole.

It's spelled "hole"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

So does this work with skills as well? Like, I want to know how to do woodworking, so should I just let a master carpenter gently caress me?

If it did, I'd think a lot more women would be able to play the guitar.