Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This is the first helmet in a generation that will actually read on TV instead of being some ultra detailed design that would just look like a mess and it's gonna be obscured by the halo the whole time lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ARe you looking forward to Ferrari's WDC and WCC winning car being revealed tomorrow my scud pal. #forzaferrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

This is the first helmet in a generation that will actually read on TV instead of being some ultra detailed design that would just look like a mess and it's gonna be obscured by the halo the whole time lmao

You'll be able to see it pretty clearly when he's celebrating in parc ferme.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I love that Kappa is a sponsor of Alfa Romeo, they're trying real hard to be Team Italy this year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

You'll be able to see it pretty clearly when he's celebrating in parc ferme.

He's using that helmet for WEC?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

He's using that helmet for WEC?

No.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
drat that's an ugly helmet.

He should have just used his Indy 500 helmet.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Powershift posted:

The red bull helmets have the logo integrated well. Others have logos parallel with the lines of the design as to not break it up. This is just a helmet pulled off the shelf with some sponsor stickers slapped on.

Are you loving dumb, every Red Bull helmet looks the same because it looks like a giant generic Red Bull helmet

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

Literally 95% of helmets are decent designs with random stickers slapped on them, you are being insanely stupid.

This is wrong because currently 95% of helmets are actually awful designs with random stickers slapped on them

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Full helmet design, there are actually a lot more Kimoa stickers:

https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/966320634472091648

I wonder if he's gonna make Stoffel have all the Kimoa stickers too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The helmet is maybe too self-conscious about trying to go for a 1970s feel but I still prefer it to most of the grid.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The helmet is maybe too self-conscious about trying to go for a 1970s feel but I still prefer it to most of the grid.

Graphic design for these helmets have gotten so complex that I'm sure if you told them to go make a clean sheet simple design they'd have an anyeurism and die. It's cliche and nostalgia as all hell but it hopefully will lead to better designs going forward.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alonso helmet is good like all his helemets.

All helmets have random stickers you idiots. That's how the car goes around the track.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm going to spend all of my money on Dovi hats and Kimoa apparel and die poor and alone.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Maybe it needs angel wings a big number and sparkles and like a picture of Senna?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I'm going to spend all of my money on Dovi hats and Kimoa apparel and die poor and alone.

I'm dangerously close to having a mental breakdown and spending my down payment money on a Ducati.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't wait to see Hamilton's helmet. Is he gonna put 4 stars on both sides, or just put 4 on the one and preemptively make room for 4 more on the other side? I would imagine it's going to start looking a little crowded.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Buy real tires for your cart and not a death machine 1500

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Graphic design for these helmets have gotten so complex that I'm sure if you told them to go make a clean sheet simple design they'd have an anyeurism and die. It's cliche and nostalgia as all hell but it hopefully will lead to better designs going forward.

Literally this. If you showed up with a clean design that had like 3-4 colors tops and no crazy rear end designs, it would stand out. Most current helmet designs suck ballsacks, I mean, just look at Their Sebs lid. :barf:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seb's is probably one of the simpler ones on the grid lol. I mean it has a bunch of details on it but it's fundamentally still a white helmet with a german flag stripe

Compare it to like loving Grosjean's helmet, which seems like a parody of modern F1 helmet design

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ericsson (who?) has a great helmet.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I really wish LeClerc had stuck with this helmet design (which was a tribute to his dad's helmet)

It has a great "1995 Brazilian pay driver for Forti" look to it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

wicka posted:

Let's hope so haha.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Seb's is probably one of the simpler ones on the grid lol. I mean it has a bunch of details on it but it's fundamentally still a white helmet with a german flag stripe

Compare it to like loving Grosjean's helmet, which seems like a parody of modern F1 helmet design

Exactly - there's so much happening on Dirty Jeans' helmet that it takes away from the overall look.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Buy real tires for your cart and not a death machine 1500

The bin tires are more than adequate for the kart, contrary to popular opinion.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

ARe you looking forward to Ferrari's WDC and WCC winning car being revealed tomorrow my scud pal. #forzaferrari

Yes.

Someone knows if Ferrari is going to stream something or its going to be some boring images like the rest of the teams so far?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I just saw this and want to state for the record that 5 o’clock shadow Alonso is just as dreamy as bearded Alonso.

https://instagram.com/p/BfSv04NFlDE/

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Minto Took posted:

I just saw this and want to state for the record that 5 o’clock shadow Alonso is just as dreamy as bearded Alonso.

:cumpolice::siren:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This looks like a retarded version of Katayama's helmet.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Here is a good helmet, IMO.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHvl9LuEm9k

McLaren '97 launch with the Spic Girls

1:50 Horner's wife groping Beckham's wife is pure class.
3:30 Baby spice asking why there are no female drivers. I'm glad we've come so far in 11 years.
6:40 volume up
9:07 a young Zac Brown (maybe K.D. Lang?) singing along
9:30 Posh finally gets to do something
11:31 this guy has been shown about 12 times so far, probably because he's the quintessential 90's Brit, I assume
12:33 what? Where the gently caress was Jamiroquai?
I can't believe I watched the whole thing.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Minto Took posted:

NSFW that poo poo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHvl9LuEm9k

McLaren '97 launch with the Spic Girls

Phwoar, the best pop artists of the 20th century performing in front of the best F1 car ever

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Someone apparently leaked pictures of the new Toro Rosso, so Toro Rosso decided to post one themselves:

https://twitter.com/ToroRosso/status/966347715004248065

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gently caress the halo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Got dang, I love that halo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yes because your brain is made of butter

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

And because of the halo, no F1 drivers will have to experience their brain cream being churned into butter via repeated impacts to the head!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Or they could not park safety equipment on the loving track.

• Locked thread