Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

brugroffil posted:

It is sometimes good but sometimes bad and definitely not up to date with the most recent historical work on a lot of topics.

He's also a lovely libertarian and it can bleed into his presentation of historical events sometimes.

Overall usually worth a listen as long as you don't take everything he's saying as the 100% settled truth.

Wait what, since when is he a libertarian? isn't he big on things like universal healthcare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Dogs!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm having a real hard time visualizing bending flat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Squizzle posted:

iks arent mods

Programmers aren't engineers

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Daycrew posted:

omg thank u for the av mariana, it owns

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

sloppo posted:

honestly, i think there is one upside to social media

kids/teens nowadays can see quite plainly how fuckin stupid these people are

when i was growing up, i was under the impression that The People In Charge were at the very least smart and competent. seems like the clock may have run out on that particular lie

this was always the biggest barrier of politics imo: that politics was House of Cards instead of Animal House

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zen death robot posted:

tgrump pretending to be religious is one of the weirdest things about all of this

almost as weird as people believing he really is religious

"spiritual biography"

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN8rMmYc7L4

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

zen death robot posted:

tgrump pretending to be religious is one of the weirdest things about all of this

It really is a hilarious emperor has no clothes deal.

I mean Donald "2 Corinthians" Trump knows he doesn't give a gently caress about god, and they all know it too. When Trump was asked to name his favorite bible verse he literally couldn't even name one.
But they gotta pretend so that Trump can keep cracking down on abortions and facilitate the church grift, and not lose face with their fellow rubes.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qbt0LHmvE heres the good stuff.
"Are you a new testament or old testament guy?"
"Uhhh......probably equal"

The Nastier Nate has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Feb 21, 2018

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Squizzle posted:

iks arent mods

whatever am i , professor forums? i just whined enough until someone gave me an av, bing bong

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

The Supreme Court has decided that it doesn't work that way. :shrug:

Supreme court supreme bort

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

This just leaves me confused

Good

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/SheriffClarke/status/965962123535966208

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

brugroffil posted:

It is sometimes good but sometimes bad and definitely not up to date with the most recent historical work on a lot of topics.

He's also a lovely libertarian and it can bleed into his presentation of historical events sometimes.

Overall usually worth a listen as long as you don't take everything he's saying as the 100% settled truth.

Yeah it's entertaining as hell. Yeah Dan is a shite libtard and always has been, which is why his common sense show so often blows. But it has been really interesting over the years hearing how he's ever so slowly challenging some of that thinking and moving farther left. Turning point for him was probably finally coming to terms with what an absolute cesspool of right wing idiocy his site forums had become and removing that poo poo. He's a really likable guy, and I can't find his kind of storytelling in any of the other history type podcasts I've checked out (always looking for recommendations though!)

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trdump is extremely religious in the church of what right wing evangelicals actually worship (its money (and the self))

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Daycrew posted:

Video games?

toxic masculinity and babby chuds actually but yeah also that

but, back on topic (sorry), allow me to post about my extramarital dalliances,

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

I did a thing posted:

like what if it meant the national god drat guard? yeah, it probably did. because if a tyrannical government tried to use the active duty forces to actually do some bad poo poo, the national guard would probably be like, "no. i'm not bombing my own neighborhood, gently caress off i just want the college money."

i don't entirely understand what the national guard is or how it works
(i thought i did at one point, but apparently in the Forever War Era we've been stretching what kind of activities the National Guard can be used for)

but yeah that sounds good too

also i know this will never work because consumption and personal property and ownership of said guns is core to the brain sickness that is gun fever, i just uh... i'm just thinkin out loud

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Sheriff Lapel Pins needs to swallow some batteries

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

im the RANDOMLY capitalized words

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Here you go juche heres an av

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

trdump is extremely religious in the church of what right wing evangelicals actually worship (its money (and the self))

don't forget loving your daughter

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Loil

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

not the international Jew!!

nooo

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zen death robot posted:

im the RANDOMLY capitalized words

WHINY LIBS and #CRYBULLIES

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

zen death robot posted:

he said 'god' the required amount of times in a speech once so his religiousness cant be called into question

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nichael posted:

don't forget loving your daughter

of course

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Wait what, since when is he a libertarian? isn't he big on things like universal healthcare?

he's a big old jumble of opinions that doesn't fit neatly into any box. in my experience listening to his politics podcast, 75% of the time he has a sensible enough take on something and the other 25% he gets a bit lost in the weeds and can't see clearly enough to really form a coherent opinion, so he defaults to talking about personal liberties and stuff

it can make him seem libertarian-ish but that's not how i'd describe him really

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
business gorilla whats the story w bone buds

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Billy Graham wanted Nixon to flood fields in North Vietnam to cause a famine btw

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/966350067287363584

why isn't barry in jail

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

When you bend flat can you like squeeze under doors and stuff?

that one xfiles episode was a biopic

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

garf body, nona face... they said it couldnt be done....

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

piss tape's real

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

sloppo posted:

honestly, i think there is one upside to social media

kids/teens nowadays can see quite plainly how fuckin stupid these people are

when i was growing up, i was under the impression that The People In Charge were at the very least smart and competent. seems like the clock may have run out on that particular lie
yeah now they don't have to wait until they grow up and have the illusion shattered by having to deal with these people or finding out that one of their idiot classmates got elected to the house of representatives or something like that

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cuz trump is a cuck

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

shovelbum posted:

Here you go juche heres an av

paging quotey

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

man even liberals who obsess over the koch bros arent under the impression that theyre pulling the strings behind literally everything and everyone they dont like, the way so many rightwingers are w soros

im not sure why that seems to be a strictly rightwing form of brokebrainedness in the US

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

mormonpartyboat posted:

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/966348362487300096

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this dude rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tacodaemon posted:

man even liberals who obsess over the koch bros arent under the impression that theyre pulling the strings behind literally everything and everyone they dont like, the way so many rightwingers are w soros

im not sure why that seems to be a strictly rightwing form of brokebrainedness in the US

its because hes jewish

• Locked thread