Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

It would be annoying if the Dolphins had him fall into their lap at 11. Granted.

I didn’t even look at/read about QBs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ehud posted:

lol if we replace Tannehill with Tannehill

Rosen won't be 25 when drafted, so that's a big plus

How is Tannehill already 30?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If the Steelers draft a guy named Vander Esch to play LB, he is a lock for the HoF isn't he?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Real Name Grover posted:

Yeah, not holding my breath on that actually happening

You could certainly do worse than having Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, David Njoku and Duke Johnson catching passes.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Browns have good weapons

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Rosen won't be 25 when drafted, so that's a big plus

How is Tannehill already 30?

I mean that draft was 6 years ago

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

nerve posted:

Browns have good weapons

steve king account spotted

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

reading a sports illustrated mock draft, i saw the phrase "off-the-charts intangibles"

fire all sportswriters and sports bloggers

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ehud posted:

lol if we replace Tannehill with Tannehill

what how are those two similar as players?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MourningView posted:

Back to ncaa plz

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Everyone go back to college

Leave my tanne alone :-(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MourningView posted:

Either Ehud thinks Rosen is a lot worse than he is or thinks Tannehill is a lot better than he is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Either Ehud thinks Rosen is a lot worse than he is or thinks Tannehill is a lot better than he is

So Rosen = guaranteed top performer?

That’s what I’m seeing here? Hmmm so i love this mock?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

Leave my tanne alone :-(

dolphins should draft laram jackson and make tannehell move to receiver

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PupsOfWar posted:

dolphins should draft laram jackson and make tannehell move to receiver

Then we could see Bill Polian's head explode.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Okay you both sold me with those arguments alone

Bring me Jackson. I’m not caring about this team from an unironic standpoint. We’re too stupid to win. May as well be fun.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder if the Jags will take a look at Lamar Jackson if he's still around at 29.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If the Dolphins draft a QB with a pretty good QB on the roster, they are loving dumb. I don't know if decent but not tom brady QB hating disorder is an AFCE thing or what but he elevated that team in his last season and is good enough for the Dolphins to be a perennial playoff team if they focus on stuff like, I don't know, offensive line maybe? Secondary? Landry is nice but there are guys out there that can take his spot.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I hope the Bills make an insane offer to land Rosen. I'd be fine with four firsts.

I'd take Darnold with three.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MourningView posted:

for no reason whatsoever i have decided all of the QB's in this draft are Ryan Tannehill except for baker Mayfield and Lamar miller lol

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
For some reason ehud really likes Baker Mayfield. I don't get it ehud

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

nerve posted:

For some reason ehud really likes Baker Mayfield. I don't get it ehud

I want a team of rough, rugged junkyard dogs

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

all lamars are lamar miller

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

fsif posted:

I hope the Bills make an insane offer to land Rosen. I'd be fine with four firsts.

I'd take Darnold with three.

Have we learned nothing from EJ and Watkins?!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

They traded down for EJ and he was a horrible prospect.

I don't know why Sammy had such an underwhelming year in LA, but man, second-half-2015-Watkins was All-Pro caliber.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
How do Rosen and Darnold compare to Goff & Wentz two years ago because I can’t imagine a scenario where the Browns and/or Giants don’t get king’s ransoms for those spots if they don’t want either.

Rosen at 11, holy poo poo Kiper :psyberger:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ragnarok the Red posted:

How do Rosen and Darnold compare to Goff & Wentz two years ago because I can’t imagine a scenario where the Browns and/or Giants don’t get king’s ransoms for those spots if they don’t want either.

Rosen is Goff Darnold is uhh Blake Bortles? Either way I think there's an obvious gap between Rosen and the rest of the QBs in the draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Darnold is a good all American patriotic boy that will deffo be a all-pro considered a better prospect than Wentz or Goff according to his NFL profile.

Rosen is a dirty liberal jew that questions the NCAA locker room distraction that his teammates hate and has injury concerns making him a somewhere in the 1st rounder despite being the best passer in the class.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

They traded down for EJ and he was a horrible prospect.

I don't know why Sammy had such an underwhelming year in LA, but man, second-half-2015-Watkins was All-Pro caliber.

He looked like Julio Jones lol i was terrified

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I wouldn't be particularly happy if we moved up for a quarterback(unless the QB ended up being GREAT, of course). The price would be exorbitant, and also our offensive coordinator is Brian Daboll.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ehud posted:

for no reason whatsoever i have decided all of the QB's in this draft are Ryan Tannehill except for baker Mayfield and Lamar miller lol

I think you can order Baker, Lamar, and Rosen in whatever order and then there's a huge gap after that. Rosen if healthy probably has the lowest floor of the three and Lamar the highest ceiling

Allen is probably the one most directly comparable to Tannehill? The only real similarly Rosen has to him is that he's been injury prone.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 22, 2018

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Randaconda posted:

Wonder if the Jags will take a look at Lamar Jackson if he's still around at 29.

It’d be silly not to

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kyle Boller 2.0

https://twitter.com/JwPalms/status/966330986089758720

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Looking to the draft after your team wins the super bowl is really weird y'all

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Asproigerosis posted:

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

5. I hear you

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MarkEnnis/status/966733968765804545

Noted simple chuck and duck college head coach Bobby Petrino

https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/966783812289159168

Chris Brows not meltdown over this is pretty great.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If anything Louisville's offense did not have nearly enough simple quick hitting stuff and RPOs built into it given that they had the most athletic QB in the country and an absolutely trash offensive line, he was just so overwhelmingly talented it didn't really show. There are NFL offenses right now where he'd actually probably be a better fit than he was with Petrino. Someone out of the Andy Reid tree would be great for him.

NFL draft people who clearly barely watch college football talking about Lamar and Mayfield is so loving awful.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 23, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

If anything Louisville's offense did not have nearly enough simple quick hitting stuff and RPOs built into it given that they had the most athletic QB in the country and an absolutely trash offensive line, he was just so overwhelmingly talented it didn't really show. There are NFL offenses right now where he'd actually probably be a better fit than he was with Petrino. Someone out of the Andy Reid tree would be great for him.

NFL draft people who clearly barely watch college football talking about Lamar and Mayfield is so loving awful.

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/966824942678487040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’d love to have the Saints draft Jackson if he fell that far.

• Locked thread