Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Ooh, neat. I have a Kryla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I set up my VoL with equal Atk and Mag and took it down that way. I screwed up a bit when VoL cast the debuff thing because with Dragon Killers it threw the damage out of whack, but nobody was ever going to kill me with a dedicated healer, magic tank, physical tank, debuffer, and mp refresher so I just plonked it down. I'm sure I could do it in 1/4 the time if I did it again, but got all the rewards first try.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Those rewards go great on a disused damage dealer like Luneth or Dual-Wield Firion.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
It took me 28 turns until the dragon skills lined up correctly, but I got all missions done with Kryla's hex whittling them down while Ramza sang and everyone else either turtled or maintained breaks and imperils on the dragons. I think the trial was a great demonstration of Kryla's ability to manage enemy HP.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
I didn't find it hard at all, no strategy. Just atk break with WoL. brought 2 physical and 2 magical dmg dealers + WoL + healer. Break their def with the other dragons move, use the damage dealers to whittle them down to around 20%~HP, then just whittle them down only using their move until theyre both at 1% so you can kill them both on same turn with their move. Took 10 minutes.

Moderately long fight, stupid mechanics, zero danger, zero fun, garbage rewards. I rate this trial a 0/10.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Mugaaz posted:

I rate this trial a 0/10.

So par for the course, then.

Why are we all still playing this?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Skyridge posted:

Because we have invested countless hours playing, grinding, farming and whaling that can only be justified by continuing on with the self-deluded promise that it's gonna get good any second now thus making it all worth it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Some idiot made the wiki say that you get 1,000 Lapis for completing Festival BGN, and 20,000!! for ELT.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
SoM coming out with its Remake is making some Mana characters get 7*'s apparently.

Skyridge posted:

Waifu's. Even though most of the ones I want to use suck/are not viable aside Trance Terra and Agrias.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am starting to burn out.

And that new FFDOODOO isn’t exactly making me want to jump ship.

Maybe I can actually be over productive at work for once...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shoenin posted:

SoM coming out with its Remake is making some Mana characters get 7*'s apparently.

Waifu's. Even though most of the ones I want to use suck/are not viable aside Trance Terra and Agrias.

Yeah, all of the SoM 5* are getting 7*s and they are getting Flammi as well. VPs banner step ups remain the same so its pretty much the new normal for limited time events with one big exception. The last step up has 3 5* units in it. Flammit gets a step up, Randi gets a step up and then Reisz, Kevin and Hawke get another. Sort of screwed there if you really want the waifu in that list, but the step up has an additional round to it that gets incredibly silly rates. Its a lot of loving lapis to do the entire lap but that last pull will give you like 5 rainbows.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
The SoM banner has the best thing ever for a limited time event, and I hope it becomes the norm.
The banner with Randi and Flammie? Yeah, those are the only 5* you can pull on that banner. Every rainbow is 50% Randi and 50% Flanmie.

So getting the STMRs for a time limited unit is no longer the most insane thing imaginable.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They've been doing it since VP so yeah, all limited banners now follow that rule.

Uhmmmm if gumi followed this rule too...

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They've been doing it since VP so yeah, all limited banners now follow that rule.

Uhmmmm if gumi followed this rule too...

If Gumi had followed that rule, I would have pulled Yun today instead of Queen. And had amazing physical chaining with Yun / Nyx. But instead I have to bench this queen and wait until 7* for her to be relevant.

Also re: dragons, they only took ten turns for me. WoL for break / cover, GLS for magic Damage, Queen for Physical damage, Zarg for buffs, Ayaka for healz, a friend Fryevia that didn't really contribute. the 9th turn I had them both at 1%, but had to defend the round because both dragons had given their skill to the same person. :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dana Crysalis posted:

If Gumi had followed that rule, I would have pulled Yun today instead of Queen. And had amazing physical chaining with Yun / Nyx. But instead I have to bench this queen and wait until 7* for her to be relevant.

Also re: dragons, they only took ten turns for me. WoL for break / cover, GLS for magic Damage, Queen for Physical damage, Zarg for buffs, Ayaka for healz, a friend Fryevia that didn't really contribute. the 9th turn I had them both at 1%, but had to defend the round because both dragons had given their skill to the same person. :(

Tossed all of my lapis at the dog banner with an 11 pull. Got my third Olive, who gets to join #1 and 2 in sitting on the bench doing absolutely nothing.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Khisanth Magus posted:

Tossed all of my lapis at the dog banner with an 11 pull. Got my third Olive, who gets to join #1 and 2 in sitting on the bench doing absolutely nothing.

Hi five triple Olive buddy. I also have triple Lightning; at least I know Lightning’s stmr is very good and she’s not a bad unit either. I doubt I’ll end up using Olive for the same reason that I don’t use finishers now, even though I have basically every one but FV.

But hey at least she gets a boatload of passive stats pretty easily. Yay more expedition units I guess.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Is it just me or is it incredibly difficult to get the objectives for the beginner runs? I can fill up both bars but it requires fighting the boss and I can’t get another encounter to pop to use my LBs/summon an esper.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ugato posted:

Is it just me or is it incredibly difficult to get the objectives for the beginner runs? I can fill up both bars but it requires fighting the boss and I can’t get another encounter to pop to use my LBs/summon an esper.

Auto-LB filling Garnet is the easy way, just block until you've used her limit twice, evoke the esper, profit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I just accepted what I got on the first pass, really. Too much effort for alcrysts.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

Ugato posted:

You can target healing spells on the boss. I ran my TMR team and when I was still short the orbs, but close to killing the boss, I just healed the boss so I could get another round of auto-attacks in to fill the bars and summon the esper in the same fight.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Randi's 7* is Hyou on steroids with self imbuing attacks on DR frames. He also has a quick hit water imbued chain, his limit break boosts his attack by 300% and has several 75% killers combined with insane finisher against beasts.

Reisz 7* is a weird damage/bard hybrid but I'm guessing if you are bringing her along it'll be for support. On demand aoe 70% breaks with 100% dark/light imperils as well as on demand 150% all stat buffs on a cooldown. I dont know if her buff has a 3/4 turn uptime or if her limit break refreshes the cooldown on it. Her hybrid attacks get a boost in damage but I dont know if it'll be worth using given that she got built in TDH. Do these attacks also take Attack into consideration or just MAG/SPR?

Flammie seems like a weaker Reisz except if you are fighting against something that does holy or wind damage. His kit involves alternating between buffs to give your party 150% stat buffs and then nuking the enemy with a finisher but the % isn't that high, his 100% imperils built into the nuke and him self imbuing does make it slightly better. He also has mag/phys independent mitigation abilities, which I'm assuming stack with generic damage mitigation abilities. His limit is Wilhelm/Chows mitigation but with a 60% all elemental damage resist.

Kevin and Hawkeye seem like trash

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Between Arcana Blood and shilling her in gacha's, and now making her fuckin stupid (if clusterfucky again), I for one welcome SE pushing the gently caress out of Riesz.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Haven't been playing this much lately but my 1/2 pull last night was a rainbow and gave me Dark Veritas #1. :toot:

My last rainbow before that? Aileen.

...I have so many chaining units. I think I'm only missing OK at this point.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No, there were step up banners prior to 7*. Sephiroth and CG Reagan both had them and they were prior to 7*

Reagan's Step Up banner gave me four 5* base units on the final step, including 2 CG Reagans. :iia:

Can't wait to see how global screws people over when he comes out.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
1/2 pull today was Emperor #1, now if only I could pull loving TTerra or any top-tier magic-chainer for that matter.

Also got Cloud #7 from a 3* ticket. Hey Gumi, I'm quite ok with my Cloud army, you don't need to give me more.

Still no dog, Ang, or Yun. Figures since my luck with limited units is basically the worst.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I would complain about my pulls, but I haven’t been pulling hardly.

Now a days I log in, collect daily, set up TMR and forget to check my expeditions...

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Office Thug posted:

1/2 pull today was Emperor #1, now if only I could pull loving TTerra or any top-tier magic-chainer for that matter.

Also got Cloud #7 from a 3* ticket. Hey Gumi, I'm quite ok with my Cloud army, you don't need to give me more.

Still no dog, Ang, or Yun. Figures since my luck with limited units is basically the worst.

I also recently got Emperor #1. But I also stole all the magic chainers. I think the only one I don’t have at this point is Christine (and BS Sakura now because I just don’t care about her). And the only one I can’t 7* is the one that likely won’t have a 7* for a while anyway - GL Sakura

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Forgot to renew my internet yesterday, didn't think anything of it and figured I'd take care of it in the morning. Ended up sleeping in and finally got around to it at 5pm. So I forgot to log in for a day, so no 10+1 ticket for me. Of all the months to forget. Why couldn't it be a leap year?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

PaybackJack posted:

Forgot to renew my internet yesterday, didn't think anything of it and figured I'd take care of it in the morning. Ended up sleeping in and finally got around to it at 5pm. So I forgot to log in for a day, so no 10+1 ticket for me. Of all the months to forget. Why couldn't it be a leap year?

dude today is the 20th

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

unless you're from the future idk what to make of your post

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Candlelight Virgil posted:

There's only 28 days in February, so if you miss a login you can't get the final bonus

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Candlelight Virgil posted:

To you, I am from about ~12 hours in the future.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

im dum

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
this even is complete poo poo, top to bottom. i've only been doing it when the rewards change over, but these conditions are AWFUL.

why in the holy hell would they make esper kills/using an esper one of the critical mission targets on a timed exploration that has an absolutely vanished encounter rate. usually the problem goes the other way around! I can't even build up the goddamn gauge before running out of time.

absolute horse piss, i just want my drat power giancrystys

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I've been skipping the event in favour of TMR farming. Is there even anything even important from this event?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

MohShuvuu posted:

I've been skipping the event in favour of TMR farming. Is there even anything even important from this event?

The only real thing is absolute poo poo ton of Megacrysts if making the various Hero's Ring derivatives strikes your fancy.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

The 2 Flax Shields you can craft have the highest SPR for non-TMR light shields, plus they give +50% water resist and -50% fire weakness. Elemental resist gear is always valuable, if niche.

The Jade Sun Pendant is a craftable accessory that gives immunity to poison, paralyze, and confusion. It also gives HP+380, ATK+20, so it could be more useful than a ribbon or discernment.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
The new quest rewards each day are well more than enough for me. I’m just running it those 3 times.

But there is a circuit I’ve found that has very little overlap but guarantees you’ll see if not run directly over every gathering point in under 2 minutes (assuming you obliterate the encounters with ease), so I get a decent chunk of flax every day anyway.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So we are apparently skipping several good banners to get the extremely mediocre FF15 Prompto banner/raid this week. Wtf gumi, where is ff9 and cg fina

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I got Prishe #3 today. I guess I can have a 3rd copy of her hat if I really wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

So we are apparently skipping several good banners to get the extremely mediocre FF15 Prompto banner/raid this week. Wtf gumi, where is ff9 and cg fina

Theres the pc version of ff15 but theyre a bit early even for that. Should have run secret of mana again instead imo.

• Locked thread