Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Nichael posted:

I don't know what ska is

i incorrectly called nu-rockabilly music Ska, and some dude who would cosplay as a greaser on the weekends got up in my face about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
the main pro of living in a sumerian city as a poor person was that working people in every neighborhood pooled some of the grain they'd otherwise use to bake bread for their families to turn into beer, that was held in public neighborhood kegs. anybody could come up, tap the keg, and take a pitcher of brew home as long as they contributed some grain to the mash

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/JamieOGrady/status/966376193871183872

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lawman 0 posted:

Yeah also when they sent the advisors to train up the Chinese

hitler was kind of an rear end in a top hat

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

UFOTacoMan posted:

fishbone rules and far outshines any of these other bands
say what you will about the rest

honestly, the two headliners are the only bands that suck

and by that I mean sublime is garbage since brad died and 311 hasn't been good since it did a lovely cover for a lovely adam sandler romcom

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMovanYjNOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR0IbTd6IQ

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

after the election my wife and I got smashed and listened to The Decline

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

The stories about Twitter banning bots and conservatives calling shooting victims crisis actors are an amazing contrast.

They're willing to entertain the possibility that large groups of children sacrificed 17 of their number to start an argument about gun control, but the idea that these followers on Twitter could be fake accounts? That's crazy.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

pence has a ben carson look of confusion on his face

i think he lost his luggage

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

mormonpartyboat posted:

man i wish i had a river to dip my rear end into

that musta been the life

yeah i wish i had a bidet

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

buy a bidet

xerxes never whipped a toilet fountain

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Don't look it up

coversely, lookitup lookitup lookitup

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I did a thing posted:

i incorrectly called nu-rockabilly music Ska, and some dude who would cosplay as a greaser on the weekends got up in my face about it

Lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lol right wing propaganda (a sizable amount of which is russian bots again) is going to sabotage 2018's election too

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/Falkenlurch/status/966316436984619009

:lol:

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

And when gen z didn't like getting called gen z they started calling them the even more overtly fascist "Homeland generation"

as the predecessor generation it is are duty to name the next

generation stupid dumb idiots

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys do nothing but propagate misery by keeping the ghost of that summer-car-commercial music alive.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

zeal posted:

one of them was a receipt for a disbursement from the government stockpiles at Ur of a single gur (a sumerian measure of weight and volume that was a theoretical cube equal to 'the amount of x substance an otherwise unencumbered donkey can carry on its back) of wort, the precursor to fermented beer, to some guy, for services rendered

from around the 1990s bce

records like that, etched in fired clay, will be among the only surviving evidence of human writing once human civilization's been extinct a few thousand years

sweet. weird unit though!

sad for all those alien archaeologists who will be researching us and painstakingly translate THE PISS TAPE IS REAL

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

a note that part of the NRA's lunacy right now has to do with the fact that gun makers profits are down.

Remington filed for bankruptcy and got robber capitaled~

Yeah they basically gambled everything on a Clinton win

Now not only are their base of fervent consumers no longer paranoid buying thousands of dollars in gear a year, but the people who ARE buying are majority leftist and minority and want absolutely nothing to do with the NRA on account of the NRA happily branding themselves right wing and white supremacist.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

tenderjerk posted:

Where's that turbo speed :hai:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

You guys do nothing but propagate misery by keeping the ghost of that summer-car-commercial music alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8nxKxqlcbA

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

tenderjerk posted:

:rudeboypop:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

on the flip side do we want to live in a world where zuck and @jack get to enforce Objective Reality via algorithm

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

skeleton war, but also free markets

to enlist in the skeleton army, each skeleton must buy its own pilum, gladius, scutum, and lorica squaema;

skeletons unable to afford their own equipment will be drafted into the skeleton auxiliary or enslaved as skeleton laborers and skeleton whores

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
People didn't wipe their rear end until about 1982

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't know enough about music to know what is cool or good or not but I like the go team and chvrches

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I did a thing posted:

RIP gary tasteman and the holland tunnel blimp crash victims

Never 4get *marlboros spill from rolled shoulder sleeve*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Nichael posted:

lol right wing propaganda (a sizable amount of which is russian bots again) is going to sabotage 2018's election too

even if russia fucks off it's so easy to convince people utterly destroyed by capitalism that more capitalism is the answer

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lmao I forgot that The Decline came out before GWB

pretty good job calling that one

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I know this is besides the point but if your a financial vulture company like Cereberus, maybe tell your PR people not to name the company Cerberus.

I mean even Blackwater figured out they need to change their name.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

lmao I forgot that The Decline came out before GWB

pretty good job calling that one

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

tenderjerk posted:

whoever said 2018 is bad didn't see this got announced today

lmao @ wanting to see 311

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/ChrisRugaber/status/966339724632903682

ruh roh

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Quotey posted:

sweet. weird unit though!

sad for all those alien archaeologists who will be researching us and painstakingly translate THE PISS TAPE IS REAL
subterranean data stores hidden around the solar system, all pinging out the same signal as a warning to explorers and future civilizations

beep beep
piss tape is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr8BAHeYZtY&t=497s

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Nichael posted:

I don't know enough about music to know what is cool or good or not but I like the go team and chvrches

both of those music are dumb, stop listening or stop posting and go to music subforum to circlepost about chvrches

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Aquabats rule idk what to tell you

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

new kind of cat posted:

lmao @ wanting to see 311

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-kybuqnJAI

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

The Nastier Nate posted:

I know this is besides the point but if your a financial vulture company like Cereberus, maybe tell your PR people not to name the company Cerberus.

I mean even Blackwater figured out they need to change their name.

"Lets make our company sound EVVVIIILLLLL"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
lol im gonna entomb a modern day rosetta stone style thing with a donald trump speech written in multiple languages to loving own future alien linguists

maybe the nuclear one

• Locked thread