Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

I always liked this moment from early in the Five Years Later run of Legion of Super-Heroes.

A little later...

Legion of Super-Heroes (1989) #2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Proteus Jones posted:

I've been loving the both the Batman and Superman titles. I especially love how each thinks the other is more of a hero than they could ever be.

Isn't this the run where Bruce, Selina, Clark and Lois all run into each other (in costume) in some skyscraper and bruce asks clark why he took the elevator if he can fly and Clark's like "but then I'd have to break a window! :ohdear:"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Keeshhound posted:

Isn't this the run where Bruce, Selina, Clark and Lois all run into each other (in costume) in some skyscraper and bruce asks clark why he took the elevator if he can fly and Clark's like "but then I'd have to break a window! :ohdear:"

Yep. And that’s leads in to the double-date at the theme park.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you wanna know the writer's ideal for how Bruce and Selina should end up, read the second Rebirth Annual (which in it's self acknowledges the impossibility for the title to actually ever get there.)

But this is all talk for the Batman thread.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I like to think that BatMan is always portrayed as dying of old age as part of his tragedy. He clearly has a deathwish but nobody ever closes the deal for him.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Teenage Fansub posted:

If you wanna know the writer's ideal for how Bruce and Selina should end up, read the second Rebirth Annual (which in it's self acknowledges the impossibility for the title to actually ever get there.)

That was a pretty great issue, minus the whole "Bat/Cat" pet names thing. It doesn't actively annoy me or anything, but it doesn't really click for me the way the writer clearly wants it to.

Incidentally, I'd pay good money for a Bat-Family Thanksgiving Special with older Selina and Bruce.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alacron posted:

Incidentally, I'd pay good money for a Bat-Family Thanksgiving Special with older Selina and Bruce.

I remember there being a neat issue a few years back where Bruce invites Dick, Jason (I think?), Tim and Damian around for a movie night, and it's incredibly uncomfortable at first but then they get into just hanging out and being a family :unsmith:

I still wish when Bruce had come back from the dead he'd taken on the overall strategic general role and let Dick and Damian remain as the Batman/Robin team in Gotham. I loved their dynamic as a team.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is that Dick and Barbara''s daughter there?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Push El Burrito posted:

Batman sells his marriage to Darkseid in order to save Alfred.

Only if we get Batman Renew Your Vows

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Damien don’t be a loving dick.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

chitoryu12 posted:

That's what he does. That's all he does; you can't stop him.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, the Bat family already has one of those.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

joehonkie posted:

Only if we get Batman Renew Your Vows

Adam West Batman: "Robin, taking care to periodically renew your Bat-vows is often the cornerstone of a healthy Bat-marriage."
Robin: "Golly, Batman! When you put it like that..."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Wheat Loaf posted:

Adam West Batman: "Robin, taking care to periodically renew your Bat-vows is often the cornerstone of a healthy Bat-marriage."
Robin: "Golly Holy matrimony, Batman! When you put it like that..."

Shame on you for missing this golden opportunity.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Alacron posted:

I would pay good money for an entire series of just Batman and the Robins going out to eat.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

I've heard that they are supposed to kill off Batman after DK Metal finishes and keep him off the table for about a year. But I have yet to find a source for this rumor, so huge grain of salt.

I'm fairly sure Tom King has already put that ball in the air way back in Batman #5. You could say it's the Psycho Pirate-induced paranoia talking, but, I'm thiking this is gonna have a payoff.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Gann Jerrod posted:

I would pay good money for an entire series of just Batman and the Robins going out to eat.

What issue is this? I need it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

prefect posted:

That's what he does. That's all he does; you can't stop him.

Anybody got that panel of him calling Batgirl (I think) fat, and Supergirl hauls him up by the cape and tells him off for being a little dipshit? :xd:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

dragon_pamcake posted:

What issue is this? I need it.
Batman #13. Tom King's whole run has been great from issue 1.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Thanks! I've always wanted to read a more fun Batman since Brave and the Bold ended.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jerusalem posted:

Anybody got that panel of him calling Batgirl (I think) fat, and Supergirl hauls him up by the cape and tells him off for being a little dipshit? :xd:

World's Finest (2009) #4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha yes, perfect. Thank you :)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Haha yes, perfect. Thank you :)

I just recently discovered Super Sons. Which is basically Damien and Jon palling around and having adventures. There’s a ton of little golden moments, but my fave is the 1st couple of issues where they clown Luthor a few times.

It’s just a fun series. Not quite at the levels of the main Superman and Batman titles, but good.

Also, the Annual is loving awesome. It’s Krypto team-up with Bat-Dog.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Source: Some issue where Rhodey is Iron Man

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Proteus Jones posted:

I just recently discovered Super Sons. Which is basically Damien and Jon palling around and having adventures. There’s a ton of little golden moments, but my fave is the 1st couple of issues where they clown Luthor a few times.

It’s just a fun series. Not quite at the levels of the main Superman and Batman titles, but good.

That's Ace the Bat-Hound to you.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Proteus Jones posted:

Don't read any of today's news about Super Sons

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Gann Jerrod posted:

I think they're missing a Robin there

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Hellsing is an amazing example of a manga being successful because of the cover art instead of the content of the books.

Nah the content is super good if you're 14.

source: I was a big Hellsing fan at 14

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ghosthorse posted:

For that matter, who's guy who isn't a Bruce Wayne body double?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cabbit posted:

L'il Wayne

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cabbit posted:

Batwing, the non-plane one.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Nope! It's Duke Thomas, who would later become The Signal.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samuringa posted:

Don't read any of today's news about Super Sons

:smith:

And Bendis is taking over Superman and Action Comics in May? Well, poo poo.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Source: Some issue where Rhodey is Iron Man

What I love the most about the panel is that the phone is in the other hand. So Rhodey was committed enough to the bit that he changed hands to make it seem like he had handed the receiver over to someone else.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Proteus Jones posted:

:smith:

And Bendis is taking over Superman and Action Comics in May? Well, poo poo.

Now if we can just get Dan Slott on Batman...

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Ccs posted:

Nah the content is super good if you're 14.

source: I was a big Hellsing fan at 14

I'm sure everyone in this thread already knows about it. But just in case here's a link to Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, which is fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnIjJexut4

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Feb 23, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Deptfordx posted:

I'm sure everyone in this thread already knows about it. But just in case here's a link to Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, which is fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnIjJexut4

Team Four Star is the best. Their DBZ Abridged is some of the funniest poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Apparently KaiserNeko tweeted that the Cell Saga finale they're working on is likely going to be the last DBZ: A they ever do, which stinks.

I was looking forward to them doing the Buu stuff because I never watched that part of the show back in the day, and DBZ:A is legitimately better than the actual show in my mind at storytelling and entertainment, so it would have been almost entirely new to me.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

mind the walrus posted:

Apparently KaiserNeko tweeted that the Cell Saga finale they're working on is likely going to be the last DBZ: A they ever do, which stinks.

I was looking forward to them doing the Buu stuff because I never watched that part of the show back in the day, and DBZ:A is legitimately better than the actual show in my mind at storytelling and entertainment, so it would have been almost entirely new to me.

I'm with you there. The Abridged voices have actually replaced the official English dub voices in my head for what the characters should sound like speaking English, and I tend to think of the characters as the Abridged characters personality wise. Especially secondary characters, like Mr. Popo and Super Kami Guru. They did an excellent job on the whole series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

ghosthorse posted:

Tim was presumed dead at the time.