Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Feranon posted:

I mean yeah I see the chuds insulting kids who survived a school shooting and my emotional response is aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:killing: but we're talkin about at least 60 million folks here. and the persistent, vehement denial of observable scientific reality is like a mental illness or bordering on it.

like they're legit sick and a decent person is (at least conceptually) maybe still in there somewhere. they just have toxic core values that they think are worth letting the world burn over because they have been brainwashed for years and years. it's like a cult and if there was just some way to break the loving spell on even half of em then we wouldn't be here. it makes me desperately sad. like wanting to alcohol poison myself sad. :smith:

Lol only 60 mil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

B-Rock452 posted:

They are supposed to go in groups of three. That way you get a continuous stream of officers going in as more arrive on scene. That's generally what is trained now. A lot of departments keep active shooter kits that include plate body armor and med kits in all the cars now as well.

field plate or full plate

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

this is the dude that fired comey because tromp too frightened to confront others right

comey was in San Diego iirc lmao

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

euphronius posted:

Sarno's most notable achievement is the development, diagnosis, and treatment of tension myoneural syndrome (TMS), which is currently not accepted by mainstream medicine.[5][6] According to Sarno, TMS is a psychosomatic illness causing chronic back, neck, and limb pain which is not relieved by standard medical treatments. He includes other ailments, such as gastrointestinal problems, dermatological disorders and repetitive-strain injuries as TMS related. Sarno states that he has successfully treated over ten thousand patients at the Rusk Institute by educating them on his beliefs of a psychological and emotional basis to their pain and symptoms.[7] Sarno's theory is, in part, that the pain or GI symptoms are an unconscious "distraction" to aid in the repression of deep unconscious emotional issues. Sarno believes that when patients think about what may be upsetting them in their unconscious, they can defeat their minds' strategy to repress these powerful emotions; when the symptoms are seen for what they are, the symptoms then serve no purpose, and they go away. Supporters of Sarno's work hypothesize an inherent difficulty in performing the clinical trials needed to prove or disprove the diagnosis, since it is difficult to use clinical trials with psychosomatic illnesses.[8]

:thunk:

I've never heard this guy's name outside of Howard Stern's old radio show, what's the context?

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

univbee posted:

Goddamn, the protesters already have 4 wanted stars.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
remember when Trump was going to go to the DMZ but a stray cloud got in the way of their helicopter and they had to do a U Turn and he got really mad

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

i love it when chuds share this poo poo

is this trump's military parade

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/PatriotHole/status/966389715493621760

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brain Curry posted:

I've never heard this guy's name outside of Howard Stern's old radio show, what's the context?

I think my wife is crazy

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Zikan posted:

yeah but this caused enormous chaos when they threw out all of christie's transition plans. this in turn has wrecked havoc in the trump administration that literally hasn't been solved to this day and makes the wh even more of a hellish pressure cooker.

so he got a petty revenge in return for making his day to day life a living hell

the platonic failson

Thank God for that.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Robert Plant posted:

I've seen prob half the ska bands on that lineup and most of them rule, namely the Planet Smashers and the Aggrolites and the Aquabats, Hepcat too. Bosstones are old but they still got it, on the other ha d that's a very West Coast lineup and the Bosstones are certainly not that. 311 and new Sublime are bad tho, bummer.

I've never seen Fishbone live but they loving own and Party at Ground Zero is quite c-spam

Also nobody gives Chris Murray enough respect and that bums me out too

When Party at Ground Zero came out it rocked my socks

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

I did a thing posted:

SWAT teams are loving stupid

there is nothing they do that an average person can't spend 1 week every 6 months training and retraining on.

go watch The Shield and tell me that again

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
god I wish tromps listening jeff session was sooner he's gonna say something super hosed up even though hes just talking to prescreened chud kids from DC

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mormonpartyboat posted:

field plate or full plate

half plate

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
parkland kids are in Rick Scott's office and he's refusing to meet with them

one of his aides is asking the angry mob of teens to shorten their message to one sentence for him

this is gonna go great for him if he runs for Senate this year

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://www.theonion.com/study-90-of-americans-strongly-opposed-to-each-other-1823168096

:same:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

the official trumpsecutioner

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

brugroffil posted:

and Williams, murdered after being SWAT'd for carrying an airsoft gun still in the package in a store that sells airsoft guns

philando castile had a permit to carry but...welp

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the idea is that an active shooter isn't interested in taking hostages and that the only way to interrupt their goal of killing as many people as possible is to engage them somehow even if it costs firstcop their life, since they're better equipped than the victims and have a wave of backup behind them to charge over firstcop's corpse if they're unsuccessful

yeah I'm just saying that it might actually be better overall to wait another 30 seconds or a minute for backup rather than charging in blindly because if you charge in and get shot immediately, you haven't really done poo poo whereas if you go in *very slightly later* with superior force, you have much higher odds of ending the shooting

no excuse for sitting around forever waiting for SWAT, though

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/966389948055244800

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

zegermans posted:

I felt Rice was worse the way he just was loving murdered before the cop car that almost ran him down stopped moving

The NRA didn't back Castillo because "he had weed in his system" is the talking point their spokes-snake Dana Loesch uses

surely no NRA member has ever carried while intoxicated!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

we need to find a way to "pokemon go" to the shooters

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol so many sour replies on twitter to this

unless she turns out to be someone horrific i think this is p great/clever

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

remember when Trump was going to go to the DMZ but a stray cloud got in the way of their helicopter and they had to do a U Turn and he got really mad

miller: planet's dying, cloud

trump: AHH A CLOUD

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jack Del Huevos posted:

philando castile had a permit to carry but...welp

a bunch of my friends are public defenders and one of them has been lighting up cops lately when they testify their probable cause was seeing a gun, he'll point out that's legal and ask what their reasonable suspicion was that the defendant didn't have a permit and the cops will just go uh..uhhhhhhhh

and then another killer is set loose on the streets (as the cop is excused from the courtroom)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

brugroffil posted:

No sir I have never in my life been to a gun club event.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

reminder this guy sets women up in trumps rape traps

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

skaboomizzy posted:

parkland kids are in Rick Scott's office and he's refusing to meet with them

one of his aides is asking the angry mob of teens to shorten their message to one sentence for him

this is gonna go great for him if he runs for Senate this year

lol its Rick Scott

gently caress Rick Scott

coward

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

slush funds ought to be used to buy slushies

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

And

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

WILL ALWAYS

LOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

brugroffil posted:

remember when cheney got jonnie walker in his body and shot a man in the face and that man later apologized to cheney

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7rGfKk5tyM

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

euphronius posted:

I think my wife is crazy

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

brugroffil posted:

remember when dick cheney drunkenly shot a man in the face and the media covered it up by saying the victim was "peppered" instead of almost dying from face full of birdshot

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I laughed, then saw the blink and laughed harder

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

does someone have the Halloween trump picture

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q8Ob7noYys

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

a helpful bear posted:

lol so many sour replies on twitter to this

unless she turns out to be someone horrific i think this is p great/clever

it rules, just like eddie the eagle and that guy who couldn't swim doing the 100m freestyle in australia.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Duscat posted:

their training is to go to seminars titled "bulletproof warrior" that teach them that every encounter with a member of the public is a mortal risk and that black men can conjure up pistols by simply moving their hands towards, or away from, their waistbands, or in some cases by standing perfectly still

EDGED WEAPONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

remember when dick cheney drunkenly shot a man in the face and the media covered it up by saying the victim was "peppered" instead of almost dying from face full of birdshot

shootee later apologized on tv for being shot

• Locked thread