Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
this is the stupidest listening session ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Everyone one of these kids was told that under no circumstances are they allowed to bring up gun control if they want to be in this meeting. Every one of them is dancing around it with "there has to be a change."

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I'm not gonna get mad at these kids because they're just kids who have been through something more traumatic than I hopefully will ever have to face

But gently caress the White House for dragging them into this dog-and-pony show to praise Trump

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Milkshake dick all these kid's parents

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

hmm I don't remember having any gun drills, shouldn't my generation have been shot up :thunk:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
oop a parent growing balls.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

zegermans posted:

I hope every one of those kids gets beat up once classes resume

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

GCU Quelle Suprise posted:

So lemme get this straight, we're blaming the victims for not escaping properly? Cool

i like students that don't get shot :smugdon:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

GobiasIndustries posted:

this is the stupidest listening session ever

TRUMP

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
this dad is the only person so far who's broken ranks

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
explaining how the gun laws in israel work to trump lmaooooooo

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

This guy is better.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Whoa woke dad

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
GUN oh poo poo he said GUN

he's talking about gun policy

*prez nods*

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

I have a pain in my jaw that the internet concluded was psychosomatic

I regularly had heart-attack like symptoms that included arm and jaw pain and it turns out it was anxiety-based - even when I didn't actually feel anxious. The body is weird, man.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Rich "Guntax" Kyanka

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
in israel, they let you shoot palestian children instead of the ones in our schools

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/966426401770524673

*secret service crashes into room to drag him out*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
because everything on the right is projection, i bet at least one of the people in that room was hired

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

:byodood: COMMON SAFETY CORE IS CANCER

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Zikan posted:

these are literally crisis actors lmao

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

she looked at the rules for getting into the olympics and saw you have to be in like the top 30 for so many years or whatever in competitions at the country level

so she found countries where the competitions had fewer than 30 entries and qualified

it owns

she actually went to every women's world cup half pipe event, it's just that there are less than 30 women competing internationally right now

it isn't by country at all

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so has anyone said 'gun control' or is that forbidden

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Zikan posted:

take his bulletproof vest

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

is uh

is anybody gonna point out one of the people participating in said shooter drills is the shooter themselves, and in fact the chudling did, and used his knowledge of it to maximize the bodycount?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/966421484829847553

quote:

Dear Mr. LaPierre,
My name is Zakari Kostzer, and I am currently 16 years old and attend Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. On February 14, 2018, at approximately 2:30 P.M. EST, I was evacuating from my classroom due to a fire alarm, thinking it was a drill. While heading down the stairs to my class' designated zone for a fire evacuation, I heard 4 to 5 consecutive shots from an active shooter on my school's campus. Within MINUTES of the first shots, as I ran to get off the campus to safety, 17 INNOCENT PEOPLE were not lucky enough to be able to evacuate. Within MINUTES, 17 of my FELLOW FRIENDS, CLASSMATES, and ADULTS we looked up to, were killed by a gunman. He would use an AR-15 rifle with no known modifications of a bump stock or any other device to allow the rifle to fire faster or to be converted to fully automatic. I am not looking for your condolences or prayers. I am not looking to completely ban all firearms. I am asking for your help. I am asking for your help to make sure no other family, community, or students have to go through what we went through. I am asking for you to work with the students of Douglas to find common ground and a solution to this issue. We both know that without the support of the NRA, that change will be very difficult - but change needs to happen. I just want to clarify two things: (1) this is not my proposal to eliminate the second amendment, but to create a good legislation that will benefit both sides of the argument; (2) I do recognize the difference between a firearm model and caliber size, in which the caliber determines the strength and power of the firearm in hand rather than the model. At the end of the day, we need the help of the NRA to control the spread and sale, of however the classification of assault weapons maybe. I do understand that this is a very technical issue but it only took 3 minutes for the shooter to fire over a hundred rounds and to kill 17 innocent people.

Let me thank you in advance for helping start such an important discussion for today and the future.

Sincerely,
Zakari Kostzer Stoneman Douglas Student Survivor.

Following the receival of this email, it will be sent to all news media outlets.

using google drive and twitter to avoid paying for web hosting owns

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
how do I get in on the 2dcat SF alcohol extravaganza

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

CommanderApaul posted:

Everyone one of these kids was told that under no circumstances are they allowed to bring up gun control if they want to be in this meeting. Every one of them is dancing around it with "there has to be a change."

these kids are the ones that will rat out their fraternity to the dean

literally the david spade character from pcu

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

sandoz posted:

she actually went to every women's world cup half pipe event, it's just that there are less than 30 women competing internationally right now

it isn't by country at all

oh well im also dumb as hell

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

is uh

is anybody gonna point out one of the people participating in said shooter drills is the shooter themselves, and in fact the chudling did, and used his knowledge of it to maximize the bodycount?

SOMEONE GET EPIC HIGH FIVE OUT OF HERE!! TAKE HIS COAT TOO!! OUT OUT OUT!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

murder me immediately

drills first, don't try and skip ahead

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i mean, nobody 18 years old has ever bought a beer, so its a workable solution

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Homeless Friend posted:

in israel, they let you shoot palestian children instead of the ones in our schools

give teachers white phosphorous

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

mormonpartyboat posted:

field plate or full plate

scale mail, actually

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Zikan posted:

chuds crow about evrey teacher in israel apparently having a personal side-cannon

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

:awesome:

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

I want to know why this girl is wearing a US Government contractor ID badge.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

is uh

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

• Locked thread