Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
The "Main" perk group annoys me because almost everything has tradeoffs. The First Aid ones seem good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I think this is an amazing quest and you should try exploring the entire lay of the camp before attempting infiltration. My Henry has a pretty high speech, so if you choose the right dialogue options you can pass at least 3 checks before you get caught on the fouth. It's extremely challenging, but totally worth it when pulled off. Took me 3 schnapps and ~5 or 6 hours of attempts to fully complete.
How do you start with the dialog infiltration path? I snuck in the side door and the guys were nothing but hostile. Tried dressing as a Cuman and they kinda followed me for a minute talking at me in Hungarian (but not in dialog) and then figured out the ruse. My speech is through the roof so I'd like to give this a go. I'm guessing they still lose their poo poo when you burn the arrows?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The problem is that basically all the Maintenance perks are awesome. Stuffing makes plate as quiet as leather, etc.
Stuffing is broken as gently caress. My noise value goes up when I remove my chainmail coif.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
I want to like this game but it is a buggy mess.

Playing on PS4, started on 1.0, got as far as Talmberg, updated to the latest version, and now the guard won't open the gate even if I pass all the checks in disguise. Now I could escape another way, but apparently this breaks the game later as the gate never opens. Now restarting from the beginning...

edit: on the plus side I was able to level up a lot in the prologue by repeatedly punching someone in the head whilst unconscious, so there's that

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

The "Main" perk group annoys me because almost everything has tradeoffs. The First Aid ones seem good though.

Ya first aid opens up a number of speech options. Nothing absurd but I've been happy to see it popping up here and there.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah I eventually just let the unallocated perk points accrue because I don't want the negative bits. I'd rather just not pick anything at all

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ah man now the game is making me like Hans

Also there are fireflies at night!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Yeah I haven't spent a single perk point yet because I can't decide which ones are useful. Especially in speech. Anyway, I was wondering - so I looted the Armory in Rattay and got a big pile of maces and stuff. I decided to walk it all the fuckin way back to the mill and put it in my chest in case I can sell stolen stuff later. When I went and took it out, however, it didn't have the stolen icon and I was able to sell one piece to the Rattay swordsmith. Is this a bug that lets you get around needing a fence or am I missing something?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mondian posted:

Yeah I eventually just let the unallocated perk points accrue because I don't want the negative bits. I'd rather just not pick anything at all

Ya none of those tradeoff perks seemed worth getting.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Frog Act posted:

Yeah I haven't spent a single perk point yet because I can't decide which ones are useful. Especially in speech. Anyway, I was wondering - so I looted the Armory in Rattay and got a big pile of maces and stuff. I decided to walk it all the fuckin way back to the mill and put it in my chest in case I can sell stolen stuff later. When I went and took it out, however, it didn't have the stolen icon and I was able to sell one piece to the Rattay swordsmith. Is this a bug that lets you get around needing a fence or am I missing something?

Stolen flag will disappear with time, usually about two days.

In Speech, "empathetic" and "final offer" are pretty good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Frog Act posted:

Things eventually stop being hot, though it takes a while and even longer for valuables.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Okay, cool. Seems like a good way to make a little money even though merchants offer me outrageously low sums for things compared to their value. So I just got in a fistfight with Lord Capon and like in my swordfight with him, I couldn't land a single loving hit is he just higher level than me or am I just totally awful at combat? I mean I figured out Mount and Blade and Dark Souls eventually but I just cannot seem to do a drat thing in this game.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
You're awful at combat. Everyone starts off awful at combat. It is not very intuitive how it works.

For fist fights I just aim at the head and click until my stamina gets low and then I back off. Repeat. Works well enough.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Time passes while you're in the menu btw. Just found that out the hard way. Use the actual pause screen to pause

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Futuresight posted:

You're awful at combat. Everyone starts off awful at combat. It is not very intuitive how it works.

For fist fights I just aim at the head and click until my stamina gets low and then I back off. Repeat. Works well enough.

Here's how to win any fist fight:

1) Back up into high ground, so that you have high ground and they're below you

2) right click fast punches into their head until you're exhausted

3) Back up again until your stamina bar refreshes

4) Goto 1

Anything past that you'll learn from Bernard in Rattay and don't need to understand till then.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Clanpot Shake posted:

How do you start with the dialog infiltration path? I snuck in the side door and the guys were nothing but hostile. Tried dressing as a Cuman and they kinda followed me for a minute talking at me in Hungarian (but not in dialog) and then figured out the ruse. My speech is through the roof so I'd like to give this a go. I'm guessing they still lose their poo poo when you burn the arrows?
Stuffing is broken as gently caress. My noise value goes up when I remove my chainmail coif.

Here was my take:
I came up the road from Talmburg, until I saw the camp and the two dudes guarding the bridge. Got off my horse a good ways away, and started making my way around the camp clockwise. Went up to the moat, got the comment for that, then followed the moat on the inward side. Came up to the bridge, got the comment for that, and murdered the guard who was at the campfire there: dumped his body in the moat. Continued following the moat around clockwise, got the comment for the sneaky path. Continued around the outside, clockwise, got the comment about the archers in the tower.

At this point it was night time and raining, in my game, and I came back around to what I think was the first bridge I came to. In any event, it was guarded by a Cuman, with constant patrols. This took a lot of tries and a bit of luck to get right: I waited until the guard was alone and approached him from behind, in his shadow, then did a takedown. I then quickly carried him back into the woods, away from the patrols, and pulled out my sword and killed him while he was still unconscious (hold F with weapon drawn for mercy kill). Stole all of his equipment, which included a full mask.

This next part also took multiple attempts: after getting the disguise, I ran into the camp. First check I did the speech option and passed. Ran into the big open field, got the comment for that, then into the Cuman camp, near the church for another comment. There is a tent just past the seated cuman on the left with a chest in it. Lockpicked that and grabbed the poison inside.
Second dialogue check is the valor option where you ignore him. I ran over to the cooking pot, dropped in the poison (make sure no one is watching), then called my horse over.
Third dialogue check is the strength option where you grunt. Pull out your torch if it is night time (it will be impossible to see without the torch during your escape). Set the arrows next to the cooking pot on fire and hopped onto the horse and bolted.

Used 3 schnapps: one at the first approach, one at the end of my outside scouting, before attempting the takedown on the guard, and a third after I finally got him into the woods and murdered unnoticed.

precision posted:

Time passes while you're in the menu btw. Just found that out the hard way. Use the actual pause screen to pause

Yes, I found this out the hard way when, during the escape mentioned in the spoiler above, I tried to take my full-mask helmet off so I could see better at night, in the rain, and the guy chasing me caught up and murdered me while in inventory.

Here's how to win any fist fight:

1) Back up into high ground, so that you have high ground and they're below you

3) Back up again until your stamina bar refreshes

4) Goto 1

Anything past that you'll learn from Bernard in Rattay and don't need to understand till then.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
And where the gently caress is this buried treasure. I found two or three different "Kill Room Cabins" in the woods before finally finding what MUST be the cabin on the map, but NO loving TREASURE!
:cry:

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Yes just focus on fast punches in the fist fights and weaving in and out of range. I've yet to lose a fist fight in the game somehow. I kicked the poo poo out of Hans Capon when he duels you, and Bernard is all 'Uh better hope Hans doesn't tattle on you :ohdear:'. If anyone is having trouble with the combos, Bernard teaches you how to do them and even gives you a Longsword combo for free, False Edge. The rhythm is slower than you think, the next input has to be done after the preceding one hits, on its backswing, whether blocked or hit. Enemy parries will stop the combo, though.

Did anyone else (Spoilers for a Talmberg sidequest) bang Lord Divish's wife? I did and got a pretty sweet shirt for "services rendered". :grin:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Speaking of perks, the one in the Hunting skill that says "wild animals will be less skittish around you" basically translates into "wild animals will just straight give no fucks anymore". I can pretty much walk right up to random hares and deer and hit them in the head with my axe now. A right master hunter, that's me. :v:

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 21, 2018

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Thanks, this is helpful. I went counter clockwise from where you started - if you do there's a chest with a full suit of Cuman armor. I tried it but never got into dialog with anyone - maybe because it was night and I didn't have a torch? I'm gonna reload and give it a go. I've been using the save-anywhere mod and it's been much less stressful.

And where the gently caress is this buried treasure. I found two or three different "Kill Room Cabins" in the woods before finally finding what MUST be the cabin on the map, but NO loving TREASURE!

There's a lot of treasure videos on youtube. Some of them are surprisingly well hidden and for others the map is straight up wrong.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
This game so far is cool, but I hate, hate, hate the save system. I'm not even close to a compulsive saver, but I just lost like 40 minutes of progress (crash unrelated to game). Seems like it might work later on when I can craft my own saves/afford them easily, but at the start, it's just frustrating. I love the idea of forcing people to own their decisions and face consequences, but in practice it's extremely punitive imo.

I just edited the files to allow me to save at will (with a Schnapps in inventory). Shame. Not sure if a better solution is posted ITT, but I did this:

Navigate to your install folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance).
Open the data folder.
Backup the GameData.pak file just in case.
Right click GameData.pak and select 7-Zip (download and install it if you don’t have it) > Open archive.
Navigate to Libs\UI\UIActions\ and open MM_SaveGame.xml with Wordpad or Notepad (or another text editor of your choice).
Hit Ctrl + F and search for the two lines that say UsePotion=”1″.
Replace the 1 with a 0 in both instances and save the file. Say yes when it asks if you want to save the changes you made to the archive.
Close everything and start the game. Now you can save from the menu at any time.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
there's a .pak file you can download from mod nexus or whatever its called and just drop into your folder that does it in one step

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh, well, this is a hot tip:

When you learn how to parry, you automatically also learn how to Riposte, it's just that Sir Barfbag doesn't bother to mention this and you'll only find out if you actually check your skills

I beat Hans at the hunting contest and all I did was kill two hares. lmao get hosed richboy. (Maybe the fact I also killed a deer is what did it?)

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

The one I think you're talking about (XII I think) the treasure is in a hard locked chest in the house the map points to.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Palpek posted:

So paying for a "woman's companionship" at the bathhouse gives you a +2 charisma boost that lasts pretty long. I think it's been up for 2 days now.

You should see a doctor about that LOL

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

+2 CHlamydia boost

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Has anyone found treasure map VII? Last one I need.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do golden spurs give you more control than regular ones?

Also drinking with the priest is the greatest thing.

They do, gold spurs give +5 to horsemanship, silver give +4 and so on.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Coldforge posted:

Where did you find all of the others? I always check merchants but only was able to buy maybe five?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

BurningCourage posted:

Yes just focus on fast punches in the fist fights and weaving in and out of range. I've yet to lose a fist fight in the game somehow. I kicked the poo poo out of Hans Capon when he duels you, and Bernard is all 'Uh better hope Hans doesn't tattle on you :ohdear:'. If anyone is having trouble with the combos, Bernard teaches you how to do them and even gives you a Longsword combo for free, False Edge. The rhythm is slower than you think, the next input has to be done after the preceding one hits, on its backswing, whether blocked or hit. Enemy parries will stop the combo, though.

Did anyone else (Spoilers for a Talmberg sidequest) bang Lord Divish's wife? I did and got a pretty sweet shirt for "services rendered". :grin:

How do you get that sword? I've done combos and a bunch of other trainig with him and haven't gotten it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MadJackMcJack posted:

Don'y worry simple herb-woman, I don't believe you are a witch. Now allow me to use your alchemy bench.

What the? Witchcraft!

WITCHCRAFT!

Oooo, I can see my house from here

And then I pressed Escape and fell to my death :negative:

I believe removing your shield prevents that particular bug from happening.

Frog Act posted:

How do you get that sword? I've done combos and a bunch of other trainig with him and haven't gotten it.

False Edge is a combo, not an actual sword.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

I'm about fifteen hours deep into the game and this has been my solution to dozens of potential problems

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Coldforge posted:

It's the one in monastery library isn't it. Non-window side on top of a pile of books

10 days in jail and I still get this and all my stuff that was in the trunk is still marked stolen

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 22, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Something is definitely wrong with the Monastery. I got put in jail for mouthing off to the Custodian and now everywhere I go is trespassing. Also Johanka never tries to sleep with me.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So how can I save up enough to acquire an actual sword? I can't find things to steal, really, and when I do they're worth dick. I also can't use any bows for hunting and there doesn't seem to be a way to train them at the archery range. I ran into the weak knight or whatever his name is on the way to turn in the ring and he absolutely owned me because my only real skill is with swords (8) and all I had was an axe. I'd like to go do the Ruin sidequest before I go on this hunting trip but I dont think I can take anything on without a weapon. Should I just focus on the main quest a bit longer?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Just come up behind him, choke him out, and take all his stuff.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

So the stolen tag system not working? I stole a bunch of armor from Talmberg and planned to sell it off in Rattay, but all the merchants just say its stolen and wont buy it from me. then the guards come and say they need to search me (i am assuming the merchants ratted on me?).

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Frog Act posted:

So how can I save up enough to acquire an actual sword? I can't find things to steal, really, and when I do they're worth dick. I also can't use any bows for hunting and there doesn't seem to be a way to train them at the archery range. I ran into the weak knight or whatever his name is on the way to turn in the ring and he absolutely owned me because my only real skill is with swords (8) and all I had was an axe. I'd like to go do the Ruin sidequest before I go on this hunting trip but I dont think I can take anything on without a weapon. Should I just focus on the main quest a bit longer?

How the hell did you grind swords to 8 yet you're not able to scrape together a few hundred bucks for a sword??

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

VulgarandStupid posted:

Something is definitely wrong with the Monastery. I got put in jail for mouthing off to the Custodian and now everywhere I go is trespassing. Also Johanka never tries to sleep with me.

I got put in jail and if you talk to her again after thag she implies she actually likes him and tells you to butt out so it makes sense you cant sleep with her. I dont get trespassing or anything though so that part is a bug obviously.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Also im gonna murder the gently caress out of the custodian guy, loving prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Mondian posted:

How the hell did you grind swords to 8 yet you're not able to scrape together a few hundred bucks for a sword??

I trained with Bernard a lot, and I can't find anything to sell for more than a few groschen. My woodcutters axe, bardiche, old padded vest from Talmberg etc all sold for about 80.5...should I be selling herbs? I did just find some skins.

Also where can I get a dagger for ears?