Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

thatbastardken posted:

That's an iron deficiency. Add some chelated iron to the soil and water in well, should clear up in a couple of days.

Huh. I thought that was a nitrogen deficiency. Good to know it's iron. My leaves don't have that problem, but in case they ever do...

Also, because you seem to know, is Miracle-Gro fertilizer safe for those types of plants? Specifically this one:

The bottle says 1-1-1, but I don't know anything past that. I just don't wanna kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Queensland has Gavel the Vice Regal Dog, so it can't be all bad.

Vice Regal Dog seems to imply that there might be a Regal Dog to which he is subordinate to. Please, I beseech you: post this hound.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Voyager I posted:

That's typically presented as a condemnation of the racism in American society rather than an endorsement. It's not that social programs can't work because we have minorities - it's that we have too many racist white people who won't vote for social programs because they're afraid a minority might benefit from ~their tax dollars~. Scandinavians don't have the same kind of racial prejudice to otherize the disenfranchised.

Hate to burst your bubble, but "non-white people are lazy moochers" is not an exclusively American idea, and we have plenty of people in Scandinavia who are outraged about their tax kroner being spent on immigrants.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

tyblazitar posted:

Hate to burst your bubble, but "non-white people are lazy moochers" is not an exclusively American idea, and we have plenty of people in Scandinavia who are outraged about their tax kroner being spent on immigrants.

Sure, but do they have enough political clout to torpedo their own social safety nets?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rough Lobster posted:

Vice Regal Dog seems to imply that there might be a Regal Dog to which he is subordinate to. Please, I beseech you: post this hound.

Well Vice-Regal in Australia implies being subordinate to the Queen. I guess the Regal Dog would be a corgi.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

I thought it was only Swiss men who got the government rifle?

Yeah, IIRC the rule was that once you've gone through with your semi-mandatory military service/training, you can choose to keep your standard-issue rifle or pistol, which would then be modified to be semi-automatic only. To my understanding keeping it is not a requirement in the least, and only about 10% of the soldiers actually opt to do so. And of course you also need to go through the usual procedure to get a proper license and everything for owning a firearm, which may be revoked later on if you're found in breach of the relevant laws or regulations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Sure, but do they have enough political clout to torpedo their own social safety nets?

Norway currently has a recently re-elected right-wing government who are working to defund and restrict access to social services. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as the US, but those sentiments are not uncommon.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

It's like he's constantly trying for a personal worst. https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/966078572321562625

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I can barely even believe that one's real.

Sadly, it is.

EDIT: In case he deletes it:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Langosta Whiteman posted:

It's like he's constantly trying for a personal worst. https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/966078572321562625

That ratio is terrific but 9000 “loves” is 9000 too many.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Labes for days posted:

Friend of mine has really been on a roll with the pro-gun poo poo lately but this is the most egregious thing I've seen.

I mean no we don't have 24/7 news cycles donated to child abuse but that's because school shootings are supposed to be a thing that's rare and terrifying.

Hmmmm...maybe we should arm children so they can protect themselves from their parents. :thunk:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Zipperelli. posted:

Huh. I thought that was a nitrogen deficiency. Good to know it's iron. My leaves don't have that problem, but in case they ever do...

Also, because you seem to know, is Miracle-Gro fertilizer safe for those types of plants? Specifically this one:

The bottle says 1-1-1, but I don't know anything past that. I just don't wanna kill them.

sorry, no idea. i do all my gardening outside. yellowing on the leaves spreading from the veins is a sign of iron deficiency in (most/many?) plants though.

fake edit: looking up some more specific sources it can also be a nitrogen deficiency or excess nitrogen and you'd need to observe the way the yellowing spreads to be sure.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

thatbastardken posted:

sorry, no idea. i do all my gardening outside. yellowing on the leaves spreading from the veins is a sign of iron deficiency in (most/many?) plants though.

fake edit: looking up some more specific sources it can also be a nitrogen deficiency or excess nitrogen and you'd need to observe the way the yellowing spreads to be sure.

This is true, but you NEVER want to use Miracle Gro on weed plants regardless. It’s too nitrogen-rich, and you will burn the poo poo out of your plants; the yellowing will be the least of your problems then, regardless of whether it’s caused by low iron or low nitrogen.
The solution is to check your medium’s pH, adjust as necessary, then add some fertilizer from General Organics or another weed-specific brand as appropriate for the plant’s growth stage.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/966312732575371265

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Gorilla Salad posted:

I can barely even believe that one's real.

Sadly, it is.

EDIT: In case he deletes it:

Someone remind him that, as a convicted felon, he can't legally buy a gun anyway..

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Someone remind him that, as a convicted felon, he can't legally buy a gun anyway..

Like 400 people already did, don’t worry

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This was basically the plot to an episode of Steptoe and Son.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

It wasn't aimed at media manipulation you motherfucker. There is no media manipulation. It's just that you can't comprehend young people not accepting "quiet, kids, the adults are talking" as an answer you miserable excuse for a human being.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Hey, cool beans. My anti-vax, flat-earth cousin-in-law is also a crisis actor conspiracy theorist! Yay!

The video is, of course, removed for violating YouTube's TOS, which itself I'm sure is a conspiracy of some sort. This is apparently bad enough that politicians have had to comment on it, and CNN and the goddamn BBC have to report that these kids aren't loving crisis actors. This is what this country has become.

And in classic this guy fashion, just before I finally unfriended him, he reacted to his own conspiracy theory post with a laugh reaction. Very cool.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Hey, cool beans. My anti-vax, flat-earth cousin-in-law is also a crisis actor conspiracy theorist! Yay!

The video is, of course, removed for violating YouTube's TOS, which itself I'm sure is a conspiracy of some sort. This is apparently bad enough that politicians have had to comment on it, and CNN and the goddamn BBC have to report that these kids aren't loving crisis actors. This is what this country has become.

And in classic this guy fashion, just before I finally unfriended him, he reacted to his own conspiracy theory post with a laugh reaction. Very cool.

Have any of these crisis actor false flag assholes ever explained why "They" keep doing the false flag thing but never actually coming for anyone's guns? Because it seems silly to keep doing it if 1) people can point out how fake it is and 2) you never bother to follow through.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

h-hewwo...owunce of weed pwease >///< arigato... dealer-kun *puts weedie-chan in bong and inhales* waaah!!
(╯✧▽✧)╯ daisuki cannabis desu~! (^ ω ^) uwaaa! weedie-chan i feel so kimochi!!(〃°ω°〃) hehe~ ur deep inside me now x3 weedie-chans drug pussy is so good! (ノ´ з `)ノ everything is daijobu ! n-nani??(O_O;) eehh munchie-sama is over now...
(´• ω •`)ノ *devours pocky and left over cummies* uwaaa~ daisuki cannabis holy poo poo =w=

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Puppy Time posted:

Have any of these crisis actor false flag assholes ever explained why "They" keep doing the false flag thing but never actually coming for anyone's guns? Because it seems silly to keep doing it if 1) people can point out how fake it is and 2) you never bother to follow through.

:umberto:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SpacePig posted:

I live just down the road from where this happened and saw a ‘friend’ posted the same nonsense. I only knew because my wife showed me, I’d previously unfollowed them for similar nonsense. Shared Facebook account of course so who knows which of the two actually posted it, but both probably sharing the same sentiment.

I challenged it because, gently caress you this is our community and you’re being disrespectful as gently caress. I got told

quote:

This is easily verified and makes us even more angry that people would want to make such a tragedy that much worse for personal agenda gains. You can believe what you want to and I will as well. There was once a time when people were persecuted for believing that the earth was round...

That last sentence sure is a head scratcher. I’m not getting dragged in any further.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The "People were once dragged for believing [arguably modern scientific fact]" argument always loving gets me because it's a defense for literally any dumb bullshit that people can spew from their mouths. Is there a way to respond to that without getting dragged further into a lovely rabbit hole?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SpacePig posted:

The "People were once dragged for believing [arguably modern scientific fact]" argument always loving gets me because it's a defense for literally any dumb bullshit that people can spew from their mouths. Is there a way to respond to that without getting dragged further into a lovely rabbit hole?

If you have the emotional bandwidth, take it as far as possible and make them admit to the absolute dumbest poo poo, so dumb that even they go "Wait.."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/jackwdoyle/status/966069598868201472

(Doyle writes for a newspaper owned by a literal viscount)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Takoluka posted:

If you have the emotional bandwidth, take it as far as possible and make them admit to the absolute dumbest poo poo, so dumb that even they go "Wait.."

I was going to recommend a more dishonest version of this where you thus assume they have no credibility, and proceed to belittle them and ostracize them until they give up and go home.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TinTower posted:

(Doyle writes for a newspaper owned by a literal viscount)

maybe he thinks it's pejorative because a viscount outranks a baron

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Funny how he hesitated before the one he picked

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

How about the Sagan quote, "They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

St Evan Echoes posted:

Funny how he hesitated before the one he picked

That took me a second. :golfclap:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

No reason why we can't be both. He, on the other hand, is neither.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yeah, it doesn't really take much brain power to figure out why it's good to be nice to people.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Langosta Whiteman posted:

A Facebook reply to this that made me lol:

Nalim Yar posted:

U THOUGHT INDIANS DIDNT SERVE BEEF HUH

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/966348362487300096

:chloe:

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
https://imgur.com/gallery/1xbHd

I love Day9, but this gave me a big laugh.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rogue 7 posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/1xbHd

I love Day9, but this gave me a big laugh.

That's loving hilarious. I've done that before - but when my stomach dropped when I initially thought my car was gone, I remembered that I got drunk the night before and caught a taxi. I certainly didn't announce it to a quarter of a million followers lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

The Saddest Rhino posted:

h-hewwo...owunce of weed pwease >///< arigato... dealer-kun *puts weedie-chan in bong and inhales* waaah!!
(╯✧▽✧)╯ daisuki cannabis desu~! (^ ω ^) uwaaa! weedie-chan i feel so kimochi!!(〃°ω°〃) hehe~ ur deep inside me now x3 weedie-chans drug pussy is so good! (ノ´ з `)ノ everything is daijobu ! n-nani??(O_O;) eehh munchie-sama is over now...
(´• ω •`)ノ *devours pocky and left over cummies* uwaaa~ daisuki cannabis holy poo poo =w=

the change in format really makes this one pop. excellent work