Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mine's around $210 I think? Worth it for me but I def not for most people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

There's people on Skullknight.net with $10,000+ collections of Berserk figures from that Art of War sculpting company.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A tad jealous but also not because it means I've not spent 10k on toys

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder if someone will try and sell 3D printed knockoffs.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

A tad jealous but also not because it means I've not spent 10k on toys

Why not get actual Berserk armor for that price? Scorn

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Those videos are pretty neat, but instead of just tossing up a whole page of the manga, it would be neat if they did some editing and transitions, kind of like how this ancient AMV did things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XNuNI1qNo

It would be a lot of work, however.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Since we're sharing Berserk videos, I've done a few AMVs. This was the latest one, a few years ago with clips from the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWGO69OhV6g

Or if you're more of a purist, I've done a couple just using Hirasawa songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owWxrmQWKvU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJajy5lIByQ

I could make one using clips from the new series but i'm not sure there are enough good shots across two entire seasons to fill a four minute video.

In fact the first 22 seconds of this video might be the only competent shots in the whole series. It's the one time they used their 3d camera to good effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Mg3tZoB1g

Ccs fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 20, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/YkHCqSTf_ws

Korean scans of the new chapter.
There's a chapter next month.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/YkHCqSTf_ws

Korean scans of the new chapter.
There's a chapter next month.

I will wait.

But I'm already excited.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Next chapter: Casca's first lines in 20 years

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

dis astranagant posted:

Next chapter: Casca's first lines in 20 years
Without looking at the raws, I'm tempted to start a guessing contest. Well not guessing, more like...

"Is there a waterfall nearby?"
"Where's the nearest pizza joint?"

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Without looking at the raws, I'm tempted to start a guessing contest. Well not guessing, more like...

"Is there a waterfall nearby?"
"Where's the nearest pizza joint?"

Put me down for $50 on "Guts...?"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm thinking "Griffith...."

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

"What did I miss"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"when's the new idolmaster come out?"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Casca opens her eyes, and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16qzZ7J5YQ&t=18s

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
"berserk will be on hiatus next issue, thanks for the support!"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
"This is hosed up. Let's :killing: ."

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
So wait this is it for Casca's psychological healing? All they needed was to put those doll fragments together and... Casca is back together? Cause that feels a little underwhelming.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I Love Annie May posted:

So wait this is it for Casca's psychological healing? All they needed was to put those doll fragments together and... Casca is back together? Cause that feels a little underwhelming.
There's nothing to say it worked at this point and one of the lines of dialogue in the chapter is Skull Knight's warning to Guts re: what she wants.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"did you just say 'making gently caress'?"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I Love Annie May posted:

Yes, that was the whole premise for the last like 5 chapters. All they had to do was travel across her blasted mindscape and battle increasingly horrific and dangerous monsters to gather the shards of her psyche. A walk in the park really, it's amazing more people don't travel across the ocean to the realm of the Fairy King to get this quick and easy fix!

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Begemot posted:

Yes, that was the whole premise for the last like 5 chapters. All they had to do was travel across her blasted mindscape and battle increasingly horrific and dangerous monsters to gather the shards of her psyche. A walk in the park really, it's amazing more people don't travel across the ocean to the realm of the Fairy King to get this quick and easy fix!

I don't mean like that, it's just that it all happened too quickly compared to what I expected. Of course this doesn't mean that it's all over on Casca's side of things, but when reading this chapter for the first time it gave me the impression that things are over.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

I Love Annie May posted:

I don't mean like that, it's just that it all happened too quickly compared to what I expected. Of course this doesn't mean that it's all over on Casca's side of things, but when reading this chapter it gave me the impression that things are over.

so what, you want another ocean voyage?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I mean, the doll back together might restore her sanity but she still has to now process all that trauma consciously. It's not all gonna be sunshine and flowers suddenly.

I read the chapter since Berserk's art is good enough to get the main story without translations. Looking forward to reading the text once Evil Genius has a pass at it.

And there's still that ring of thorns around her heart when its returned to her body to allow her to wake up. That probably symbolizes the trauma that will never fully fade.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 21, 2018

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Ten yers of hiatus later: man does the plot feel rushed 2 anyone else? :nallears:

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Ten yers of hiatus later: man does the plot feel rushed 2 anyone else? :nallears:

That is not what I meant at all.

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 22, 2018

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

there is a weird whiplash effect to spend so long on a boat and then have, the thing that actually matters, resolved relatively quickly

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Oh poo poo. Judeau. :ohdear: Haven't thought about that in a while.

Aaand the next chapter will be Falconia, with Griffith feeling like someone just walked over his grave, while the apostles feel the joint power of the brands and make for the island and their tasty lunches with all haste.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Eclipse

~ 22 years later ~

Casca: Hey what I miss

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sure Casca will be just fine mentally. Why, just look at Guts, her mentally stable fellow survivor.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm sure Casca will be just fine mentally. Why, just look at Guts, her mentally stable fellow survivor.

Casca is gonna have to go off and be a murder hobo for a while until she can form her own D&D party. It's the best way to heal!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Griffith: u up?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EBuKP-uc94

Red Mundus fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 22, 2018

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
If they do decide to restore her, uhhh... sanity? Mental acuity? Ability to wipe her own rear end? If this happens a training montage or arc for Casca to build her muscles back up will be in order. That or the fairy queen will grace the plot with magic dust (anabolic steroids) while Puck is seen in a beanie yelling about crapping thunder as she spars with Serpico.

A gang of rabid toothless grannies will be a challenge.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If Griffith is represented by the hawk(/falcon, not sure which) and Guts by the beast, then what do you think Casca will have?

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
I hope Casca gets Flora's earth axe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i figure that casca nopes on out of a war against a perfect living god and his army of monsters and decides to stay on elf island for the rest of her life

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
FUUUUUUCKKK

*breathes in the breath of 20 years of waiting*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK IS IT HAAAAPENIIIIING??!?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Casca woke up.

*mike drops*