Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

sloppo posted:

an individual mandate, but for guns

quote:

1. Kennesaw, Georgia

Kennesaw has the most well-known gun mandate in the country. In 1982, a law was passed requiring heads of households to own at least one firearm.

Other cities have used Kennesaw as an example for gun mandates

2. Nelson, Georgia

Nelson unanimously passed an ordinance making gun ownership mandatory in 2013.

3. Nucla, Colorado

Nucla became the first city to mandate gun ownership in Colorado.

With just around 700 people, Nucla passed what they call the "Home Protection Ordinance" in 2013, but does not actually enforce it.

4. Gun Barrel City, Texas

Gun Barrel got its fitting name as a safe haven for outlaws like Bonnie and Clyde during the Prohibition era.

The city's motto is "We shoot straight with you."

5. Virgin, Utah

In 2000, the city council passed an ordinance making firearm ownership mandatory. The mayor at the time encouraged this move because most citizens had already owned guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Duscat posted:

hm yeah those'll probably stop bullets can't believe we didn't think to give our Troops those, they seem lightweight and easy to carry around until you need them

America

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
American 2020: Our kindergartners' are dying from cancer caused by our uranium depleted rounds.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Duscat posted:

hm yeah those'll probably stop bullets can't believe we didn't think to give our Troops those, they seem lightweight and easy to carry around until you need them

Nah those kids are bringing us the spare guillotine blades for replacements when the existing blades get worn. :getin:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Al! posted:

why wouldnt the shooter just......... shoot around it??????

Pretty sure I can use my Halo 3 experience to tell you to just bounce your shots off the floor or lockers.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

sloppo posted:

lmao watch the ACA provide some kind of legal precedent for this to become reality during trump's 2nd term

One of Washington's first laws mandated that every free male buy a rifle or musket, ammunition, and supplies so he could raise a militia to put down the Whiskey rebellion.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i think if u live in gun barrel city and maybe rifle this is acceptable

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
somewhere mcconnell the turtle just saw this picture and smiled

soon, the children would all be just.... like..... him.........

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
if you guys arm your teachers you're officially a broken and dead society and china has won.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Duscat posted:

They're for camouflage, idiot.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao America

https://twitter.com/phil_mattingly/status/966472153569878016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Do I really need to go through all the bullshit of emigrating or can I just fly to one of the good European countries and request political asylum at this point?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

if you guys arm your teachers you're officially a broken and dead society and china has won.

lol just having to ask means that already

enjoy ur petrostate

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol, Kennesaw is 40% non-white, no loving chance in hell that law is being enforced anymore

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

lol we dashed way over that line when 9/11 happened

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

Do I really need to go through all the bullshit of emigrating or can I just fly to one of the good European countries and request political asylum at this point?

theyre ethnostates op

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Everyone's gonna forget about guns in like two weeks

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
Every child should be in self-contained bullet proof cylinders at school to avoid these incidents of american freedom in action.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

y'all remember what it was like back before your every-waking moment was like a nightmare unfolding in hyperspeed around you

you could like... read a book... or play a game or just enjoy the feeling of the sun on your face

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

lol, Kennesaw is 40% non-white, no loving chance in hell that law is being enforced anymore
I'm just saying these dipshits aren't afraid to legislate

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

[points gun at 8-year-old] wait a second, that's not a child, that's a floating orange kid-shaped blanket like you see everywhere these days

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Al! posted:

what happens if an armed teacher and an armed undercover marine go after the same student?????

i think i saw this on the new planet earth

they start roaring at each other and the student rolls over and presents herself to protect her young?? that sounds right

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

sadly, china hasn't won until the nukes are all spent

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CodeJanitor posted:

Every child should be in self-contained bullet proof cylinders at school to avoid these incidents of american freedom in action.

this is how u get daleks

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

y'all remember what it was like back before your every-waking moment was like a nightmare unfolding in hyperspeed around you

you could like... read a book... or play a game or just enjoy the feeling of the sun on your face

i've found it easier to save money lately because i don't take pleasure in anything anymore

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

it would suck if the shooter was coming the other way

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

My life is arguably better now than it was 10 years ago

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

things grade school kids do well: remain still and not make noise

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Duscat posted:

sadly, china hasn't won until the nukes are all spent

As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

-Mark Zuckerberg

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005

No? :raise:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

We're officially a broken and dead society and china has won, but at least we're all going to kill one another in an enormous orgy of blood

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
can't wait for a conservative politicians kid to be shot in school with a legally purchased gun.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

if you're depressed and facing a prison sentence, you actually might have a case

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

*giant red square*

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
oh geezum crow i literally just realized why america is what it is

the european people that came here didnt want to start a country

they didn't even want to be in a country

and half of them wanted to start cults

the other half i think were way into booze?

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005

shovelbum posted:

this is how u get daleks

Is this a "for" or "against" argument? Cause i got a warehouse of toilet plungers that I would really like to sell

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Internet Webguy posted:

seriously if u haven’t watched observe and report do it

same team that did eastbound n down and vice principals

which are all cspam af

isn't that the one where they caught poo poo for depicting him dateraping someone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BAE OF PIGS posted:

can't wait for a conservative politicians kid to be shot in school with a legally purchased gun.

that just happened mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
enjoying a three philosophers tonight. Kinda bummed I only have one. Gonna have to switch to whisky cuz I don't want any of the other beers I have.

• Locked thread