Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Oiled and Ready posted:

You guys weren't exaggerating they are literally baying for blood

Never seen anything like it, not with a person as "important" as Rubio accepting questions from the tomato-throwers

tonight was a night comfortable gen xers and boomers actually learned that maybe all is not right w/ the state of denmark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
godDAMN a fuckin drama class song? I don't think I can take that level of cringe.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

Do you think he volunteered to be sacrificial lamb or did he just draw the short straw?

my read of rubio has always been that he likes money and power more than he likes listening to his drive toward basic decency, but that he actually does have that drive in him somewhere

hes not a full blown sociopath like some of his colleagues

i think his gaffes come from a mix of him trying for a moment to be decent, and him being dumb as shale

seems that letting grieving people voice their concerns to you is one of those things that pushes the decency button p hard!!!!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im going to buy a boat and a pickup and a pucklegun so that i can legally carry a floating turret with me wherever i go. thank you nra for making me free

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mormonpartyboat posted:

Puckle gun

Production and use

A prototype was shown in 1717 to the English Board of Ordnance, who were not impressed. At a later public trial held in 1722, a Puckle gun was able to fire 63 shots in seven minutes (approx 9 rounds per minute) in the midst of a driving rain storm.[1][7] A rate of 9 rounds per minute compared favourably to musketeers of the period, who could be expected to fire between 2 and 5 rounds per minute depending on the quality of the troops, with experienced troops expected to reliably manage 3 rounds a minute under fair conditions; it was however inferior in fire rate to earlier repeating weapons such as the Kalthoff repeater which fired up to six times faster.

The Puckle gun drew few investors and never achieved mass production or sales to the British armed forces. As with other designs of the time it was hampered by "clumsy and undependable flintlock ignition" and other mechanical problems.[1] A leaflet of the period sarcastically observed of the venture that "they're only wounded who hold shares therein". Production was highly limited and may have been as few as just two guns, one a crude prototype made of iron, the other a finished weapon made from brass.[ii][7]

John Montagu, 2nd Duke of Montagu, Master-General of the Ordnance (1740-1749), purchased two guns for an ill-fated expedition in 1722 to capture St Lucia and St Vincent. While shipping manifests state "2 Machine Guns of Puckles" (sic) were among the cargo that departed from Portsmouth,[2] there is no evidence that the guns were ever used in battle.[4]

Puckle gun was designed to shoot cube bullets at Muslims no joke

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jazerus posted:

press moderators babying the political class is getting extremely old

thats their entire job though

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
here is my poem:
gently caress guns
gently caress the nra
gently caress republicans
gently caress
gently caress
gently caress

..poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Shear Modulus posted:

ok im not going to watch this it sounds too enraging/depressing

wrongo this actually gave me some fleeting hope

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

sexpig by night posted:

Hey by the way this is the puckle gun she referenced as proof the founders totes would be down with ARs

of course they would. anything that would give the founders a technological edge on the battlefield so they could set up their own racket separate that of the british crown is completely okay

jefferson would cum if he heard what predator drones could do

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Turdfuzz posted:

somebody should ask her why they werent allowed to bring guns w/ them into the town hall

thats actually a good question

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

zegermans is beat

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
life is like a rollercoaster
the person behind you
shoots you in the head
the end

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Squizzle posted:

my read of rubio has always been that he likes money and power more than he likes listening to his drive toward basic decency, but that he actually does have that drive in him somewhere

i think his gaffes come from a mix of him trying for a moment to be decent, and him being dumb as shale

seems that letting grieving people voice their concerns to you is one of those things that pushes the decency button p hard!!!!

i think he was genuinely too stupid and or bubbled to realize how bad this would go for him

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Phi230 posted:

gently caress you jake tapper gently caress you right in the rear end

What did Tapper do

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

gently caress cnn tho

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Blister posted:

here is my poem:
gently caress guns
gently caress the nra
gently caress republicans
gently caress
gently caress
gently caress

..poo poo

if you do gently caress poo poo clean ur penis or vangina afterwards

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jeb! Repetition posted:

What did Tapper do

silenced the kids and let the NRA prattle on

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

thats actually a good question

yea i know thats why i posted it geez

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

hes probably running for office soon

Cops also used to prefer greater gun control since it made it easier for them to arrest people without the danger of getting shot.

NRA lady also tried to tell him how to do his job and lol if an LEO is gonna let her get away with that bullshit.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Squizzle posted:

the important thing to keep in mind about rubio is that he's incredibly lazy, which is why he's so lucky to be a GOP senator in florida where nothing he does could possibly matter

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

a helpful bear posted:

i hope the powerful moment is they line all the kids up and they throw things at dana

also the nra is a terrorist organization and gently caress CNN for having them on at all

cnn is literally politics sportsball

it makes everyone dumber

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

What bullshit.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Lastgirl posted:

it makes everyone dumber

thats why i dont usually watch but i think cnn actually massively miscalculated how angry people actually are

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
and now...Macklemore...wait nope. nevermind

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
a bit sharp on that low note, kelly

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I did a thing posted:

of course they would. anything that would give the founders a technological edge on the battlefield so they could set up their own racket separate that of the british crown is completely okay

jefferson would cum if he heard what predator drones could do

"these things can kill HOW MANY redskins a minute?????"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Barreft posted:

What bullshit.

what? bullshit?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
like dana loesch is why i say that its a good thing for leftists to learn gun poo poo as much as them

"the 2nd amendment only covered muskets"

"well actually, theres the puckle gun"

"well, actually, the puckle gun is dumb poo poo garbage for idiots, and anyway the nfa declares certain weapons as too dangerous for public use, so why not expand that blanket to include semi-automatic weapons, which has already been determined to be a constitutional restriction on the 2nd amendment"

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lastgirl posted:

it makes everyone dumber

now that i've finished watching cnn i only understood half of this post

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lastgirl posted:

it makes everyone dumber

they shut down crossfire and then turned the entire network into it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ok if they're singing songs and reading poetry I'm out

no offense but it doesn't look like anything meaningful will be further accomplished

the witch and the cop will continue to try to expand the definition of "crazy" to include all democrats and jake tapper will once again escape being disemboweled

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

mormonpartyboat posted:

like dana loesch is why i say that its a good thing for leftists to learn gun poo poo as much as them

"the 2nd amendment only covers muskets" "no theres the puckle gun" "the puckle gun is dumb poo poo garbage for idiots, and anyway the nfa declares certain weapons as too dangerous for public use, so why not expand that blanket to include semi-automatic weapons, which has already been determined to be a constitutional restriction on the 2nd amendment"

normally i'd agree with you but like that's all poo poo it takes 5 mins to look up on wikipedia

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i like the part where the teen said they'd look after danas kids better than she would and tapper brought out the b questions

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
let's see TFR's take

Mortabis posted:

It's very good for my blood pressure to just sit and remind myself that everyone in the room is pissing into the wind and nothing will happen.

lol

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
This bad song performed by young people is giving me DNC flashbacks

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I thought tapper was like 1/8th cspam, or at least extremely online enough to do a good?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Hey this song sucks but that's ok.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mormonpartyboat posted:

"the 2nd amendment only covered muskets"

"well actually, theres the puckle gun"

"well, actually, the puckle gun is dumb poo poo garbage for idiots, and anyway the nfa declares certain weapons as too dangerous for public use, so why not expand that blanket to include semi-automatic weapons, which has already been determined to be a constitutional restriction on the 2nd amendment"

arm the left imo

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Having the drama club sing is, eh, whatever. wish they had the local H.S punk band do a cover of D.R.I's "Gun Control"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i hope the teens riot and burn this entire garbage country to the ground and salt the earth and move somewhere good and have happy long lives

• Locked thread