Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

chuds should be in situations where they get lit up, hth

uh, american exceptionalism tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
people who act like certain guns becoming illegal would be unprecedented act as if nothing has ever been illegal to own before in the history of america

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
hmm $5000 per gun at 600 million known firearms in the US is only $3 trillion to buyback all the firearms

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Zyla posted:

i have multiple mental illnesses and i dont like this talk

I treat people with mental illnesses and the way Loesch was talking made me squirm in my seat. All of it was purposefully very virulent and striking to make it more about mental illnesses and that is gonna be dangerous for the majority of the mentally ill who are perfectly fine and otherwise normal.

Hell, I feel like I hadn't heard mental illness described as crazy in a decade

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Marco Rubio would have survived that town hall if he were armed

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
that boy w/the rad hair that roasted rubio is kinda crushing it some more w/don lemon

alfonso calderon run against marco rubio

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Venom Snake posted:

people who act like certain guns becoming illegal would be unprecedented act as if nothing has ever been illegal to own before in the history of america

weed needs to stay illegal though

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

jihad is the rational response to a drone blowing up your wedding and hospital

gun violence is the rational response to women and minorities not treating strong alpha (beta) white men like the noble class anymore

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

cumshitter posted:

if you turn in your guns the government will FOR FREE change your legal gender to gun on all state and fed documents. you will not lose your guns you will become guns

nice try but creating joinder with gun is still unacceptable

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

kopasetic posted:

hmm $5000 per gun at 600 million known firearms in the US is only $3 trillion to buyback all the firearms

So it's one iraq

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Zyla posted:

I'm not convinced that a lot of these school shooters are ACTUALLY mentally ill in the first place

this guy was radicalized online by far right propaganda but nobody brought that up on CNN

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

kopasetic posted:

good point just outlaw all the guns and offer $1 for each gun during an amnesty period of 90 days and then drone bomb their home if they are spotted with a gun

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kilmers Elbow posted:

james puckle

This guy fuckles

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

a helpful bear posted:

good point just outlaw all the guns and offer $1 for each gun during an amnesty period of 90 days and then drone bomb their home if they are spotted with a gun

now thats a policy i can get behind

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
"if you try and take our toys we will kill everyone" -extremely normal hobbyist

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

nice try but creating joinder with gun is still unacceptable

then the only solution will be to make everyone guns. gun has never killed gun

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Someone tell me when there's a good 5 or 10 min montage of the assassination of Marco Rubio by the cowardly mass shooting survivors

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mad.radhu posted:

I hate to be that guy but has anyone really like technically examined what a blanket ban would entail

like are we saying our insane out of control police forces should be going door to door tossing every home looking for these things or what because that seems like a bad idea

practically speaking, one of the more straightforward ways to do it would be to extend the NFA level of device/owner regulation to any semi-automatic weapon

then have a big buyback period, maybe make the tax stamp free for the time being, find a way to expedite the process for already-owned guns, occasional amnesty periods where you can turn in the gun and not get arrested, that kind of thing to ease the transition. then just arrest and felony the gently caress out of anyone who has a non-tracked gun

then people can keep their guns, but its super strict re: who can have them and who can transfer them, and its a pain in the rear end to get new ones. like i kinda want a silencer for my rifle, but i just dont give enough of a gently caress about it to bother jumping through all the hoops. friction in this case is a good thing

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I wish someone would ask why the school shooter loved maga hats so much. what’s the connection???

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Thom12255 posted:

So it's one iraq

but what if we need to do another iraq?

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

ban all new sales, including ammo

institute buyback program

insane charges for anyone using guns to commit crimes

no need to confiscate, it wouldn't work anyway, just have ATF monitor the militia types

okay but no really

look the first gun control laws in the US were things like 'the negro race may not possess firearms', and gun control laws are still heavily enforced along racial lines. I really implore folks to take a slightly more intellectually rigorous approach than 'ban guns bing bing bong so simple' because that isn't really feasible

though I guess c-spam isn't the place for it idk :shrug:

anybody feel free to HMU on discord or PMs or something i guess

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Zyla posted:

I'm not convinced that a lot of these school shooters are ACTUALLY mentally ill in the first place

it just kind of shows how nebulous the definition of "mentally ill" can be

so it's def. a great idea to baker act people on such a vague definition lol

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mormonpartyboat posted:

then people can keep their guns, but its super strict re: who can have them and who can transfer them, and its a pain in the rear end to get new ones. like i kinda want a silencer for my rifle, but i just dont give enough of a gently caress about it to bother jumping through all the hoops. friction in this case is a good thing
Silencer is a $200 stamp and some paperwork unless you're in a state where the sheriff gets to paper bag test every applicant

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

but what if we need to do another iraq?

There's still another Bush eligible to run

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

ban all new sales, including ammo

institute buyback program

insane charges for anyone using guns to commit crimes

no need to confiscate, it wouldn't work anyway, just have ATF monitor the militia types

Also, complete anonymity and “don’t care who it used to belong to” for the buyback program. Racist grampa’s arsenal will get kifed by his shithead grandkids for beer opioid money, post haste.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Billzasilver posted:

I wish someone would ask why the school shooter loved maga hats so much. what’s the connection???

please don't politicize this tragedy, now is not the time

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

there are no hoops for a silencer, it's extremely easy to get.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

lol

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Billzasilver posted:

it's one big :shrug: but let's talk about mental illness beyond the hat.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

kopasetic posted:

Hypothetically speaking what would we do with 600 million guns? Store them in a warehouse? Sell them overseas? Melt them down and reuse the metal?

I honestly have no idea.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
a guns for truck nuts buyback program

problem solved

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mad.radhu posted:

okay but no really

look the first gun control laws in the US were things like 'the negro race may not possess firearms', and gun control laws are still heavily enforced along racial lines. I really implore folks to take a slightly more intellectually rigorous approach than 'ban guns bing bing bong so simple' because that isn't really feasible

listen banning guns is too difficult. it's just not politically realistic

what we need to do is provide tax credits for guns

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

why do u got guns moronpartyboat
who are u planning to kill

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Venom Snake posted:

"if you try and take our toys we will kill everyone" -extremely normal hobbyist

"this is the M1 Awhatever Abrams main battle tank, it'll turn your house into goddamn matchsticks and you ain't gonna do poo poo to it with you goddamn rifle now sit the gently caress down wolverines"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

navyjack posted:

Also, complete anonymity and “don’t care who it used to belong to” for the buyback program. Racist grampa’s arsenal will get kifed by his shithead grandkids for beer opioid money, post haste.

better that they shoot themselves up and not shoot others up

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

mad.radhu posted:

okay but no really

we should ban all guns hth

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Turdfuzz posted:

why do u got guns moronpartyboat
who are u planning to kill

republicans

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

practically speaking, one of the more straightforward ways to do it would be to extend the NFA level of device/owner regulation to any semi-automatic weapon

then have a big buyback period, maybe make the tax stamp free for the time being, find a way to expedite the process for already-owned guns, occasional amnesty periods where you can turn in the gun and not get arrested, that kind of thing to ease the transition. then just arrest and felony the gently caress out of anyone who has a non-tracked gun

exactly, you can declare things contraband without criminalizing possion, how hard is that????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

mad.radhu posted:

okay but no really

oh no we all know the law will be racist as gently caress

but it’s still exactly necessary to prevent Balkanization of the states

• Locked thread