Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s a lot of words you could use to describe Grimes music and I don’t think ‘Pop’ is one of them.

Very wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Posting from my phone so I can't link it, but AC:O got an update that added "Discovery Mode". Basically it removes all enemies (or something like that) and adds various NPCs throughout the map that take you on a virtual tour through historic Egypt. I had no plans for playing the game, but now I'm interested.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It also censors the naughty bits on all the statues and has a scene where there a girls studying to be scholars with text saying that it isn’t accurate but they wanted to be inclusive which I’m not against in principle, but seems somewhat counterintuitive for a mode intended for historical accuracy.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

A little late for the bloodborne thing from earlier but this is more of a unique weird thing that I haven't seen happen to anyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDez5kUHYSg

Going for a visceral on the same frame as an NPC seems to break things. I couldn't move use items or anything, I had to quit out.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

fruit on the bottom posted:

It also censors the naughty bits on all the statues and has a scene where there a girls studying to be scholars with text saying that it isn’t accurate but they wanted to be inclusive which I’m not against in principle, but seems somewhat counterintuitive for a mode intended for historical accuracy.

It's the reverse of displaying a racist cartoon with a foreword that it was a product of it's time

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

BisterdDave posted:

Posting from my phone so I can't link it, but AC:O got an update that added "Discovery Mode". Basically it removes all enemies (or something like that) and adds various NPCs throughout the map that take you on a virtual tour through historic Egypt. I had no plans for playing the game, but now I'm interested.

Not calling you out specifically, but I see this all the time and don't get it. What phone can browse and post to the forums but can't copy a URL?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Samuringa posted:

It's the reverse of displaying a racist cartoon with a foreword that it was a product of it's time

Lol never thought of it that way

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

A little late for the bloodborne thing from earlier but this is more of a unique weird thing that I haven't seen happen to anyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDez5kUHYSg

Going for a visceral on the same frame as an NPC seems to break things. I couldn't move use items or anything, I had to quit out.

Not from Bloodborne, but I had a very similar thing happen to me back when I was playing DS 3. I think maybe some common code shared between the games has a bug regarding viscerals, maybe a race condition or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DskmId623o

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Holy gently caress :stwoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbWya8hYUw

Edit: She mains LHB

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 22, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Since we are posting our BB videos I have to use it as an excuse to post my pride and joy of all my game vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPHC1FDMqg

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This owns.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: She mains LHB

haha, fuckin noob

veni veni veni posted:

Since we are posting our BB videos I have to use it as an excuse to post my pride and joy of all my game vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPHC1FDMqg

This is probably the best BB moment ever

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

nachos posted:

Binged through the last guardian in the past day and I am just mentally exhausted. What a ride.

It took someone replying to this for me to realize you had not, in fact, used BingTM to help you beat the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess Bing is the cool new thing since Google image search sucks now

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

acksplode posted:

I've seen Grimes tweet about metal gear. Real Gamer Girl

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I guess Bing is the cool new thing since Google image search sucks now

I stopped trying to use Google to find things that are hard to find* because nowadays it's so finely tuned for stupid people who can't find things that are easy to find that it's basically useless for anything else.

So is Bing but at least I only get like 200 results that aren't what I wanted instead of 20000000.

*) I mean they are hard to find now. They used to be extremely easy to find because you could just Google them, which is why I never thought to bookmark them :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Randallteal posted:

Not calling you out specifically, but I see this all the time and don't get it. What phone can browse and post to the forums but can't copy a URL?

there's an app for the forums, shockingly enough

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's too bad. I was in the mood for some brainless but enjoyable hacknslash to balance out thinking really carefully about each hit in MHW.

I had a loan of it. I played the YTR. The majority of my time was spent riding a horse towards a waypoint, beating a named dude, then riding again. With the open world there's no reason to stop and capture bases or gates. The crafting has eleven billion ingredients and most named drops were just gold. It was incredibly dull. They should remake DW3, leave the enemies as low-poly, low resolution dudes and have them all on screen: enemies popping into existence shouldn't still be a thing three console generations later.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

precision posted:

there's an app for the forums, shockingly enough

Read article, copy link, open awful app, post + paste link :science:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Posting “I’m on my phone so can’t link” is probably more effort tbh

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A lot of times when I use the awful app I'm in a place where I don't want to use lots of data or open a browser on my phone. :shrug:

Mind you I have a lovely Galaxy S5 and not an iDroid 47.2 or w/e

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi, it's me. The best remix of Favourite Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl4mWD-KEi4

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Randallteal posted:

I'm OCD and prefer hyperlinks to be titled like "Assassins Creed Origins Discovery Mode", rather than just a straight copy/paste of the whole link. And to do that on the phone app seems like it would take more effort than just saying "meh, look it up yourself". I'm lazy, is that what you wanted to hear?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Hi, it's me. The best remix of Favourite Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6x8RPwKRk

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Today I learned that not only did Grimes play Bloodborne on Twitch, during it she mentioned one of the songs on her next album is about playing Dark Souls

The music video for Kill V Maim ends on this screen so that doesn't really shock me

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 22, 2018

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Awesome interactions

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Grimes seems like a really cool person but her music bores me to absolute tears.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never heard of this person until today but I'm not sure what 'popular music' you kids listen to nowadays anyway

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Grimes has twitch streams?! :aaaaa:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

I've never heard of this person until today but I'm not sure what 'popular music' you kids listen to nowadays anyway

It's pretty wild that nowadays someone can have a music video that has 50 million views and yet most people I know have no idea who she is. Pop music used to be something you simply couldn't avoid, that has obviously changed.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'd rather listen to just grime https://youtu.be/3M_5oYU-IsU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

precision posted:

It's pretty wild that nowadays someone can have a music video that has 50 million views and yet most people I know have no idea who she is. Pop music used to be something you simply couldn't avoid, that has obviously changed.

Times have changed since Thriller was just a household commodity like a fridge or oven.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t like Grimes’ first album at all but Art Angels is good as hell

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mad respect for all artists who are also good at video games. They truly live their entire lives on hardcore mode, no casuals allowed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

kirbysuperstar posted:

Times have changed since Thriller was just a household commodity like a fridge or oven.

Well, or even the 90s. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone in the 90s who listened to music but had never heard a Nirvana song.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In this analogy Grimes isn’t Nirvana but like, L7.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Brick-weilding ogres are heavy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

In this analogy Grimes isn’t Nirvana but like, L7.

She's more popular than that. Maybe, like, Mudhoney.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYdvpoRhQMo

:haw:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

exquisite tea posted:

Mad respect for all artists who are also good at video games. They truly live their entire lives on hardcore mode, no casuals allowed.

This is my real life end goal tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Getting the platinum for The Witness was one of the most satisfying things I have ever done in a video game life