Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

that doesn't seem like an effective way to fire a gunns

you obviously aren't in the 20%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Solarin posted:

you obviously aren't in the 20%

lmao owned

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

nopantsjack posted:

wtf is a bump stock

A bump stock is a replacement stock with a "give" to it that lets the gun rock back-and-forth against your shoulder. The idea is that you use the gun's recoil to "push" the gun into your trigger finger, turning a semi-automatic weapon into a pseudo-automatic weapon.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

radical meme posted:

We want to authorize open carry for teachers and give them the legal authority to kill people. This insane plan doesn't work unless the state explicit authorizes teachers to kill people.

The year is 2019. All teachers are cops.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

SpaceGoku posted:

it's a smart gunns so the bullets know when to shoot

wow can that gun be a president

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

just thinking of armed teachers in collective bargaining sessions

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:sigh: gunpowder was just used for fireworks for like the first 2000 years

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

anyway, i don't think there should be guns in classrooms (or anywhere on earth)

come on joe, if there are no guns on earth then only the bad guys will have the guns that no longer exist.

:downsgun:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Phi230 posted:

We are in some USSR pre-collapse level poo poo

Really does feel like that. Let's say the D wave does hit in November, it's just going to rally up the right even more and cause MORE problems.

This country is toast. Need to evaluate my options.

e: Just look at Trump-Dad at his listening session yesterday with his kids. No changing the minds of people like that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

A bump stock is a replacement stock with a "give" to it that lets the gun rock back-and-forth against your shoulder. The idea is that you use the gun's recoil to "push" the gun into your trigger finger, creating a semi-automatic weapon into a pseudo-automatic weapon.

lmao god bless America

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Blister posted:

It's gonna be used to weaken HIPAA laws so corporations get access to your mental health records. Ever been depressed? Well we can't risk hiring you!

Keeping everything bottled up IS the right move after all!

I knew it!

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

We don`t know when these sickos are going to strike next. We must immediately institute a policy of pre-emptive strikes against potential school shooters and if they continue to happen, an all out war against these sick and deranged `teenagers`

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

TraderStav posted:

Really does feel like that. Let's say the D wave does hit in November, it's just going to rally up the right even more and cause MORE problems.

This country is toast. Need to evaluate my options.

No D wave means I'm getting out

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

lol if you think collective bargaining won't be exchanged for one gun being dropped in the middle of a fighting ring between two aspiring teachers/supervisors/superintendents deciding all HR issues

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

I think I'm now in favor of this idea...

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

When does the government begin to suffocate my cyber dream, today?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Joementum posted:

my junior high science teacher blew up our classroom because he was teaching the "how to start a fire" portion of his "survival" lecture and forget he left one of the gas taps open

he was an ex-sheriff

anyway, i don't think there should be guns in classrooms (or anywhere on earth)

Well he certainly showed you how to start a fire! :v:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah this is what really scares me

Lol, why? If they prohibit gun sales to anyone that's ever been prescribed an antidepressant, nobody in the U.S. will ever again be able to buy a gun. Problem solved.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Billzasilver posted:

:sigh: gunpowder was just used for fireworks for like the first 2000 years
[translator's note: it wasn't]

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Joementum posted:

now we just have to wait a couple weeks to see what john kelly thinks about guns (my guess: he thinks they own) since trump isn't really the president

Ivanka, for all her being of a garbage human, probably has a reasonable position on gun policy, being that she's a life long democrat and rich. And even rich republicans are indifferent towards guns or are outright in favor of banning them for civilians because when you have your own private bodyguards, you don't want the riff-raff packing heat.

My point is that John Kelly will never beat out Ivanka in a power struggle and anything that drives another wedge between them is great.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

radical meme posted:

Lol, why? If they prohibit gun sales to anyone that's ever been prescribed an antidepressant, nobody in the U.S. will ever again be able to buy a gun. Problem solved.

Not the gun thing, the possibility of letting employers review your medical records.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

bump stocks but for your dick

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

See? This is why all the posters who were like BUT MENTAL ILLNESS should be ashamed of themselves. It's just conservative propaganda to push the problem on a powerless group.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am opposed to a ban on bump stocks. People should be able to buy all the bump stocks they want.

But they shouldn't be allowed to have any guns to put them on

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/phil_mattingly/status/966663893899718657

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

FactsAreUseless posted:

See? This is why all the posters who were like BUT MENTAL ILLNESS should be ashamed of themselves. It's just conservative propaganda to push the problem on a powerless group.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

FactsAreUseless posted:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

big fan of this one actually

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
<smug western european poster logs on>

hi

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lawman 0 posted:

No D wave means I'm getting out

too bad the stupidity is consuming the entire loving planet

where the hell are you going to go, even New Zealand is getting up to some bullshit

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

lmao god bless America

there's also something called a "gat crank", which is a mechanism that you place inside the trigger guard, and then you turn a crank - the device repeatedly presses down on the trigger for you, again to simulate automatic fire.

there was also a recent invention of a glove with a small electric motor that causes the index finger to twitch, again with the intent of allowing you to virtually pull the trigger so quickly that it simulates automatic fire

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Zikan posted:

the background checks bill trump is talking about is actually the Fix NISC bill, a bill to improve reporting into the existing background check system we have by funding it properly.

it would not have stopped parkland

When the old school I worked at asked hospitals for an emergency psychiatric(ie. Kid is immediate danger) they would give us a time we could get a psychiatrist to assess a child usually in 7 to 9 days then possibly temporarily committed for treatment for a week.

You could stop most of these attacks by just funding a on staff psychiatrist for counseling and emergency intervention. Teachers usually know which kids are having trouble but are powerless :(

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh CPAC starts today! Let's check and see wh-
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/966670034759241729

ugh

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ban guns, bring back grenadiers

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

too bad the stupidity is consuming the entire loving planet

Maybe I can find some shelter from the oncoming storm.
Def won't find it here

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Look, mental illness just isn't stigmatized enough by society

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

can't trump just give him a field commission?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

We are in some USSR pre-collapse level poo poo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
y'all remember the laptop gun from Perfect Dark? They should give all teachers the laptop gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Blister posted:

When the old school I worked at asked hospitals for an emergency psychiatric(ie. Kid is immediate danger) they would give us a time we could get a psychiatrist to assess a child usually in 7 to 9 days then possibly temporarily committed for treatment for a week.

You could stop most of these attacks by just funding a on staff psychiatrist for counseling and emergency intervention. Teachers usually know which kids are having trouble but are powerless :(

thank you ronald reagan

your legacy is intact

• Locked thread