Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

D1E posted:

We're including college professors with the cool guns too, right?

Only if the TAs get guns too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah, that shooting was particularly scary as gently caress because he was using John Wick gently caress moves to mow through armed cops who knew he was there

interesting thing about that battle: not a single non-cop casualty other than Micah Xavier Johnson himself, whom the cops could not kill themselves but had to resort to remote-detonating a robot. he only shot at cops, and he only hurt cops.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

if we confiscate my guns i'll have to take the gun picture off my "i don't dial 911" sign and i won't have it

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

Only if the TAs get guns too

well *that'll* finally open up some tenure tracks in the industry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zeal posted:

lmao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

zeal posted:

hahaha

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

jarofpiss posted:

id legit rather ban police than guns
congratulations, woke gun idiot, you have successfully passed the official Smith & Wesson "Wannabe Stadtguerrilla" Ideology Test. Buy one of our products before advancing to the Bayer CropScience "Actually, A Dog Is A GMO" Agricultural Policy Unit.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
So when we pass the law requiring all school staff to have guns, and then there's still a school shooting, do we just make the staff carry bigger guns?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zeal posted:

Lmao

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

zeal posted:

interesting thing about that battle: not a single non-cop casualty other than Micah Xavier Johnson himself, whom the cops could not kill themselves but had to resort to remote-detonating a robot. he only shot at cops, and he only hurt cops.

He didn't kill any civs but he did wound a few.

Still hilarious how the deathsquad bombed him and the discussion was "should the cops have used this robot???" Not "holy poo poo the cops just bombed a guy"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

cpac is literally a fascism convention

:thermidor: them all

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

that previous one https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/966674849291816961

like seriously the joke here writes itself

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Chris Rock had the right idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIgsZwWPG3A

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
wonder how much traction this arming teachers talking point will gain

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

So when we pass the law requiring all school staff to have guns, and then there's still a school shooting, do we just make the staff carry bigger guns?

next idea is going to be REsegregation, but this time by both race and gender

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

shovelbum posted:

We could easily have a safe and peaceful society with both healthcare and guns imo

We absolutely could not do that easily and you know it

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

zeal posted:

you're all talking about a predator movie right?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

Checks out.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

shovelbum posted:

Yeah that's pretty much the point I'm at, a confiscation program especially would continue to get people murdered by cops and harassed for everything under the sun from pot to faulty wiring during the endless tearing apart of the country "looking for guns"

This already happens for drugs, so guns isn't any different. Might be an uptick for the first decade or so, but as more and more are melted down, we see a lot less of it and hopefully look a bit more like the rest of the world 20 years from now if we're lucky.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Most people can see this for what it is, another speed bump in the eventual banning them. We all know armed teachers wont work. We already know armed guards doesn't. The only thing we will see is kids stealing the guns. Because kids in high school steal everything that isn't nailed down.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

The Chris Rock Show is a forgotten gem of the 90s.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Folks I've seen this wonderful movie, some say it's a documentary...I don't know that it is but who cares right?...it was really great. The guy he...he could use his mind to slow down time and dodge the bullets, there were so many bullets... you wouldn't believe it...so many...just hundreds of bullets. Then he stopped them like bing bong *waves hands* and he didn't even have to use his gun. He could have though, he could have if he needed to but he didn't even need to because stopped bullets with his mind. Why aren't we doing that? Other countries are laughing at us. We should be doing that more and more.

:smugdon:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

no you just scapegoat and fire the teachers

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tesseraction posted:

that previous one https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/966674849291816961

like seriously the joke here writes itself
Nowadays the media tries to find the best educated Trump supporters they can to explain why they voted Trump but what they say always comes down to falsely attributing a bunch of economic stuff + the defeat of ISIS to him.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

LawfulWaffle posted:

The problem is that teachers can be caught unprepared when they've put down their guns.

On that note, please welcome your new science teacher *pudgy middle aged man walks into room, surgically grafted minigun arm whirring*

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I did a thing posted:

wonder how much traction this arming teachers talking point will gain

It seems to be deeply unpopular with just about everyone, teachers especially.

So a ton of traction I'd guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nowadays the media tries to find the best educated Trump supporters they can to explain why they voted Trump but what they say always comes down to falsely attributing a bunch of economic stuff + the defeat of ISIS to him.

... stuff that happened after they voted for him ?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solarin posted:

you're all talking about a predator movie right?

just a normal day in america

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Love for my retarded president to use tax dollars to travel to right wing jerkoff sessions

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I was listening to this current affairs podcast and the host was explaining his early encounters with the country club fascism of the traditionally well off. It was very :distonk:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lawman 0 posted:

I was listening to this current affairs podcast and the host was explaining his early encounters with the country club fascism of the traditionally well off. It was very :distonk:

link

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
trump

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/966675394723278849

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

euphronius posted:

... stuff that happened after they voted for him ?
Yes.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

No you just insinuate that the dead teacher is a coward and maybe dredge up a facebook post from 2010 when they said something vaguely anti-gun to prove they weren't capable of defending children. Maybe haul the principal over some coals.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously tho I don't see the arming teachers thing gaining much traction. That being said I believe bills have been introduced in Texas and Bama proposing it so we'll see how that goes.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

The Chris Rock Show is a forgotten gem of the 90s.

its another thing we can never enjoy again because of :ck5:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/966681883206668289

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/AP/status/966681757142614017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius