Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I'm actually starting to think that the theory that they're actually trying to kill the global version is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Skyridge posted:

I'm actually starting to think that the theory that they're actually trying to kill the global version is true.

They're gonna move up 7 star because nobody's dropping money, everybody's waiting for 7 star and step-ups.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Because they keep releasing poo poo no one wants, making new poo poo no one wants or cares about while being underwhelming, and not releasing poo poo that people DO want.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

For all intents the new lunar years banner was actually pretty drat good and arguably better than anything thats coming from JP till 7*s hit.

But its incredibly stupid to keep delaying the FFIX banner when it comes with a fantastic upgrade to Garnet, which will make sniping the finish with esper challenges a million times better. And it doesn't help that they keep releasing junk on the shop instead of actually good deals.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Cao Ni Ma posted:

And it doesn't help that they keep releasing junk on the shop instead of actually good deals.

This is what probably bugs me most. I can wait on banners. They'll come out eventually. But the really bad no-deals shop is just insulting.

As much as I've enjoyed this game, this is probably the only mobile F2P game I've never thrown any money towards whatsoever; on account of there never being anything I feel is worth the money or isn't a complete rip-off.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

So we are apparently skipping several good banners to get the extremely mediocre FF15 Prompto banner/raid this week. Wtf gumi, where is ff9 and cg fina

Jeez, I was planning on pulling on the next FFXV banner just because I love the game...and then I see it has two 5* bases and nothing else new. Thanks for saving me the tickets, I guess?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Is the consensus on double dragon to just do it twice? I don’t care about the NRG but getting a tandem kill seems REAL tedious

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

Is the consensus on double dragon to just do it twice? I don’t care about the NRG but getting a tandem kill seems REAL tedious

NOT getting a tandem kill is MORE tedious, honestly.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I guess now my new question is, do I really want those weapons?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I literally looked at those weapons and did everything I could to not get the missions.

Don't need dead weight in my equipment box.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm pretty sure I'm done with the game after February, actually. Will keep logging in to get the rewards and blow the rest of my resources on the FFIX banner, but that's likely it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

I guess now my new question is, do I really want those weapons?

Do you have any 6* dual-wielders that you don't really use/use for explorations? Luneth? Lightning? Maybe Firion?

They're not the worst weapons, hardly the best, and benefit the most from being used together as their defensive bonuses are triggered by the other.

This event isn't that hard, so newer players are more likely to get an appreciate those things.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

eeehhhh. Not motivated.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm done with the game after February, actually. Will keep logging in to get the rewards and blow the rest of my resources on the FFIX banner, but that's likely it.

I even stopped logging in a week or two ago, 0 regrets and I feel great

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stop giving compensation with NRG bottles, lol. Free 10+1 ticket for everybody as long as you also have room for the 24 bottles.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
They're advance tokens, not energy bottles.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, free 10+1 ticket, last chance for the dog...

...or CG Sakura, okay, I'll take that!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Daily was yellow -> rainbow -> Yun!! My 10+1 gave me Tidus #3, which is just fine!

I'm more than happy I got one of these loving limited 5* units, my luck with them has always been absolutely awful.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Aw yes, Reberta #4. I don't have that many base 5* but I manage to grab dupes of almost everything I do have.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
My pulls today were trash and Yan #11. Doggo was not meant to be.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Free 10+1 was pretty cool. Emperor #1 and a couple garbage yellows I hadn't pulled in Cedona and Drace.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Proud member of the Ramza haver club with the 10+1

On my way to a full FFT squad with orlandude and knight delita. Of course I already have the cannon healer...Charming Kitty Arianna....

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All these talks of successful 10+1s make me want to hold off. Maybe I can get Nine #100...

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
This should make you feel better about holding off. This is all you're missing

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
That screenshot is amazing, due to the fact that Sice was a new pull for you somehow!

I finally got a rainbow on my 10+1

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Nah it’s just all the units I’ve recently received. None of those are even non-dupes for what I have in my unit list already. I hit next instead of share, so that’s just the unit list. The flashing “New” is different there

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Said gently caress it and did the 10+1.

Garbage

4* I had floating around: Agrias #1600

Tossed a vanilla ticket

Blue...gently caress
Yellow...ugh great here comes another Agrias
Rainbow...dog...well I’ll be damned

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Ugato posted:

Nah it’s just all the units I’ve recently received. None of those are even non-dupes for what I have in my unit list already. I hit next instead of share, so that’s just the unit list. The flashing “New” is different there

Ah, that makes sense, then.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daily Half gave me another Kuja. 10+1 started me off with a Gold, which contained another Sozhe. The next to last, however, was a Rainbow, containing my first Elfreeda.

I'll take it.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
oh hai Wilhelm!

Well, that's more tanks than I'll probably ever need, thanks 10+1. Think the moral of the story is never do anything but those apparently.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, WHY THE HELL DID YOU DECIDE TO MAKE 10+1 TICKETS MATERIALS, GUMI?!

I know, because Gumi. :sigh:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
10+1 ticket sucked, no surprise there.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I think today is the first-ever rainbow off a 10+1 for me.

FV #2 though, so may as well not have happened ;(

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I counted them up today and I have pulled 24 rainbows total

I have never pulled a Cecil and had a gimped Orlando until that raid sword came along

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
My 10+1 ticket was worthless, 4* was William and 10 blues. However, my 1/2 daily was a rainbow: Yun! Once I level and enhance him I'll have a chaining partner for my Nyxes who doesn't compete for the same gear.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
10+1 got me Nyx. I have literally no idea how to gear/use him.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I got Lunera in my 10+1 ticket pull, but I'm not sure how useful she is to me. I already have T. Terra for magic damage and Ramza/Soleil for buffing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hamburgers in pockets posted:

10+1 got me Nyx. I have literally no idea how to gear/use him.

FD finisher is the only role he doesn't suck at

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
The gimmick of this Dragon fight is easy enough(if stupid and tedious)
too bad Gumi gonna Gumi and the fight is broken and they constantly only give 1 move when they're supposed to give both. And the loving things last ONLY that turn.

those swords are not worth said stupidity

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shoenin posted:

The gimmick of this Dragon fight is easy enough(if stupid and tedious)
too bad Gumi gonna Gumi and the fight is broken and they constantly only give 1 move when they're supposed to give both. And the loving things last ONLY that turn.

those swords are not worth said stupidity

Are you using a provoker? Provoking means both dragons target the provoker, so one skill gets overridden by the other.

• Locked thread