Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

But then in AC: Syndicate Karl Marx is an NPC who gives you side missions and they have him say this lol

Wow that's hosed up.

Someone on the Ubisoft team must have thrown out the people who wrote the AC:Brotherhood conspiracy stuff. That game made me more critical of capitalism than most of the poo poo I had read up to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ubisoft really was one of the original Woke Brands, they even had that back-patting message at the start of their games for awhile talking up how diverse their teams are

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

ubisoft really was one of the original Woke Brands, they even had that back-patting message at the start of their games for awhile talking up how diverse their teams are

That message made sense for AC 1 when they were covering Muslim poo poo, but it was super out of place in AC 2. Who was going to get mad, Italians?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WampaLord posted:

Wow that's hosed up.

Someone on the Ubisoft team must have thrown out the people who wrote the AC:Brotherhood conspiracy stuff. That game made me more critical of capitalism than most of the poo poo I had read up to that point.

I think a lot of the team did leave/get fired after Brotherhood actually

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WampaLord posted:

That message made sense for AC 1 when they were covering Muslim poo poo, but it was super out of place in AC 2. Who was going to get mad, Italians?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvkgBNLBETg

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I was expecting the "Ezio, it's-a me, Mario!" clip :v:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WampaLord posted:

I was expecting the "Ezio, it's-a me, Mario!" clip :v:

Lol. Ubisoft games are pretty much all the same but I still enjoy most of the AC games for some reason

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol. Ubisoft games are pretty much all the same but I still enjoy most of the AC games for some reason

AC 2 and Brotherhood are still amazing. Revelations was the beginning of the dip, and everything from 3 onward sucks rear end.

Also, it's me, I'm the one who actually liked the meta-plot and hated every single part of it after they killed off Desmond.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

WampaLord posted:

You do headbutt the pope and knee the pope in the balls until he dies.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

WampaLord posted:

AC 2 and Brotherhood are still amazing. Revelations was the beginning of the dip, and everything from 3 onward sucks rear end.

Also, it's me, I'm the one who actually liked the meta-plot and hated every single part of it after they killed off Desmond.

4 is badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WampaLord posted:

Black Flag, Syndicate and Origins are pretty deece too

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

But then in AC: Syndicate Karl Marx is an NPC who gives you side missions and they have him say this lol

Is that guy on the left the player character? That's the hero of the game?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

moller posted:

You do headbutt the pope and knee the pope in the balls until he dies.

But he's a corrupt pope! You're doing a good thing! Also, you don't actually kill him.

4 was....okay. The plot sucks balls, and the crazy conspiracy plot stuff is what I enjoy most about these games, besides running around rooftops while singing "One Jump Ahead" from Aladdin.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is that guy on the left the player character? That's the hero of the game?

One of them, you play as a brother and sister, they have different missions and you can switch between them in the open world

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

One of them, you play as a brother and sister, they have different missions and you can switch between them in the open world

Does the sister wear one of those tiny top hats at an angle and a corset with gears on it?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

WampaLord posted:

4 was....okay. The plot sucks balls, and the crazy conspiracy plot stuff is what I enjoy most about these games, besides running around rooftops while singing "One Jump Ahead" from Aladdin.

i just really like pirate poo poo, i remember dick-all about the actual story

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

WampaLord posted:

But he's a corrupt pope! You're doing a good thing! Also, you don't actually kill him.

That's just historically accurate for the period, tbh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We need more games where you fight the pope. I think you do in a bunch of JRPGs.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'll pay ubisoft 69 american dollers for the ezio somebody toucha my spaghett dlc

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does the sister wear one of those tiny top hats at an angle and a corset with gears on it?

In a sign of stunning sexism the only outfit she gets with a hat is a tricorne

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

there's a petition going around saying that Disney/Marvel should give 20% of the earnings from Black Panther to inner city after-school programs and the like, but i'm with RLM in saying that should be upped to 50%. it'll obviously never happen, which is why we need to use force

I say 100%, they can still write it off anyway and earn something while pretending to be the most woke brand.

Brother Entropy posted:

literally the only funny thing about the green lantern movie was seeing the number of normal people sane enough to stay far away from comics go 'uhhh who the gently caress is this white guy, isn't green lantern black'

When I first read a Green Lantern comic as a kid, half the comic was dedicated to some other Lantern and I was confused at first but then thought, "Oh, there's a whole bunch of them? That's kind of neat."

Also Hal Jordan is the worst.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Karl Marx Says: "But Would it end sexism?"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
they made karl marx say destroying property is bad aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Ubisoft is trash. If you want enlightenment from a video game, play Deus Ex (2000)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Ubisoft is trash. If you want enlightenment from a video game, play Deus Ex (2000)

MeatwadIsGod is correct there

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The new Hitman having everyone in the world speak English in American or British accents makes me almost lament how ridiculously bad accents are no longer in vogue.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhzuZz-Go5k

:suicide:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

new hitman also has a subtle eat the rich undertone to it

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow these videogames sound woke as hell guys

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The mission where you infiltrate a terrorist group compound in Colorado was weird because they're actually vaguely leftist. Maybe they hastily raise Confederate flags and talk loudly about guns and god and the War of Northern Aggression whenever the cops come around.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Inescapable Duck posted:

The mission where you infiltrate a terrorist group compound in Colorado was weird because they're actually vaguely leftist. Maybe they hastily raise Confederate flags and talk loudly about guns and god and the War of Northern Aggression whenever the cops come around.

one of the elusive targets has dialogue where they gripe about how many right wing types they have to turn away

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
video game...bad?!?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Inescapable Duck posted:

tbf aren't they being set up by the bad guy or something, I don't remember entirely

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what i mean is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiVRlNKEgew

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Woke brands bad. . . woke video game good

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/966668113113681921

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

not a woke brand but he's pimping one

https://twitter.com/mbatshuayi/status/966795800209747968

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

also none of the statues in that time were bare marble, they were all garishly painted

nah
Mar 16, 2009

first comic books now video games. thanks guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

theflyingexecutive posted:

also none of the statues in that time were bare marble, they were all garishly painted

Hell yeah