Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ScrubLeague posted:

CNN hosted a town hall with some teen massacre survivors and local politicians and for some loving insane reason invited the NRA propaganda minister.

America loving sucks.

hey someone had to pay for the venue :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

FizFashizzle posted:

lol like they know a single loving thing about him

they know hes jewish

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ScrubLeague posted:

CNN hosted a town hall with some teen massacre survivors and local politicians and for some loving insane reason invited the NRA propaganda minister.

America loving sucks.

BOTH SIDES BAYBEEEE!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im not looking for a debate but guns are not the problem and also libs hate america

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

euphronius posted:

it's a Jewish name.

Lmao

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

sexpig by night posted:

BOTH SIDES BAYBEEEE!

Both sides baby!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
hello i lost a daughter and sometimes i think about emotions but i do not have them because i am a man

here are my three large adult sons, who also are not looking for a debate

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Pls don't make fun of the real victims: white rurals

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bearjew posted:

The electoral college is a terrorist organization

pretty much

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

hahahahahaha Trump is advocating gun control policies way stronger than what Obama couldn't even sell congress on

arming teachers isnt a gun control policy

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
mr president, when i look at this school shooting, i keep asking myself one question

why did twitter ban me for being racist when 'hispanic' is an ethnicity

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

im not looking for a debate but guns are not the problem and also libs hate america

that kid 100% got money from Trump for that response

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

you know for all the rantings and ravings of the mainstream media liberal conspiracy, it's odd that the left doesn't have a massive yearly convention of media and politicians to get their stories and talking points coordinated

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

mastershakeman posted:

whty the hell is columbine considered the cultural breakpoint of school shootings, was it just that the 24 hour news cycle existed when it happened?

It was the first mass school shooting in the era of 24/7 news, the cultural impact was more about the type of media than it was about the shooting. The current one is another cultural point because it's the first one that's been live tweeted with cell phone videos coming out, unlike say Sandy Hook. Again, more about the media than the crime.

Eventually someone is going to be live streaming multiple people getting their brains blown all over the place.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

There is a positive aspect to arming teachers.
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/966664653786009603

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol just listing democrats and getting boos

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

arming teachers isnt a gun control policy

universal background checks, bump stock bans, and a 21 year age restriction are.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

TMMadman posted:

How well do you think Trump would do on the Friends State Test.

How many states would Trump name in 6 minutes?

that state of being trump is all that one needs imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

universal background checks, bump stock bans, and a 21 year age restriction are.

lmao

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

whty the hell is columbine considered the cultural breakpoint of school shootings, was it just that the 24 hour news cycle existed when it happened?

it's not even in the top 10 mass shootings anymore lol

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

For the record, I am both pro-gun rights and anti-NRA.

We need good guys with guns to stop the NRA.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I mean compared to Obama's limpdick attempt

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zegermans posted:

They're not "background checks" as much as "ensuring that undesirable groups aren't allowed to own guns."

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to have both sides: dead children and the people who profit from them.

For the record, I am both pro-gun rights and anti-NRA.

lucky for you the nra does not actually care one bit about individual gun rights as long as the gun industry makes money

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zegermans posted:

you know for all the rantings and ravings of the mainstream media liberal conspiracy, it's odd that the left doesn't have a massive yearly convention of media and politicians to get their stories and talking points coordinated

someone would probably just shoot it up

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Was Saul Alinsky even an anti-gun activist, or is this a pavlovian thing?

these are the same people still bitching about saggy pants and gangster rap in 2018

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

euphronius posted:

it's a Jewish name.

https://twitter.com/MarcusMorales87/status/966682299109597185

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BurntCornMuffin posted:

We need good guys with guns to stop the NRA.
Kinda, yeah. The NRA are the worst kind of gun owners. Every responsible gun owner I've known, the kind that actually take precautions to ensure their guns aren't stolen, misused, or accidentally discharged, hates the NRA.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol I just randomly remembered there's a luxury tax on tampons lmao

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I'll have a large iced coffee and a solution to school shooters, please

I got singled out after columbine as a potential shooter, and they weren't wrong. The thing about these guys is that by high schhol, they've been at the bottom of the popularity totem pole with the exact same faces making GBS threads on them day in and day out for over a decade. The solution is to switch up their schools. A new set of people with no history of these guys, no idea they're losers. They need a fresh start away from people who always have the option to say "remember when [you did a stupid thing because you were a kid and didn't understand]?"

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

mormonpartyboat posted:

hello i lost a daughter and sometimes i think about emotions but i do not have them because i am a man

here are my three large adult sons, who also are not looking for a debate

that was weird

also, did he have a NY accent or is that my hearing going on me?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

I mean compared to Obama's limpdick attempt

your succ zone brain is so broken

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

jesus those other tweets this morning... "I never said arm the teachers" and then spends 4 tweets talking about arming teachers

did the brain spiders eat the brainworms?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

alnilam posted:

lucky for you the nra does not actually care one bit about individual gun rights as long as the gun industry makes money
In fact, they're pro gun-control when it comes to taking weapons out of the hands of minorities!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

our representatives bravely say NO.......................to bump stocks

true gun control

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The NRA isn't pro-gun owner, it's pro-gun manufacturer.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MysteriousStranger posted:

It was the first mass school shooting in the era of 24/7 news, the cultural impact was more about the type of media than it was about the shooting. The current one is another cultural point because it's the first one that's been live tweeted with cell phone videos coming out, unlike say Sandy Hook. Again, more about the media than the crime.

Eventually someone is going to be live streaming multiple people getting their brains blown all over the place.

this is a good and true explanation thanks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're not "background checks" as much as "ensuring that undesirable groups aren't allowed to own guns."

the way to stop shootings is to institute a nationwide paper bag test for gun ownership apparently

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I am not looking forward to all of these CPAC tweets today. Urge to kill, rising.

thrawn527 has issued a correction as of 16:19 on Feb 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
usually his throughlines are obvious but what is my 'Facebook Negging Project' friend trying to say here :thunk:

• Locked thread