Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd honestly be okay if she's essentially written out of the story now, granted this allows her the ability to make decisions and protect herself again. Naturally, Casca coming back and whooping rear end would be sick too but I just want this fictional character to be okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
They restored her, but the trauma remains. They acknowledge that restoring her doesn't deal with the underlying trauma, and that it was exactly this trauma that broke her psyche in the first place.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
While I should review before I make this statement, it occurs to me that all the pieces that make up dream Casca are memories leading to the moment when Guts is blinded, presumably to the conception of the child, with no reference to anything after. Will she even recognize Guts? Will he become a simpering fool trying to explain all he's done for her that she doesn't remember?...

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mraagvpeine posted:

If Griffith is represented by the hawk(/falcon, not sure which) and Guts by the beast, then what do you think Casca will have?

A rusted, but still useful sword.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Begemot posted:

Casca is gonna have to go off and be a murder hobo for a while until she can form her own D&D party. It's the best way to heal!

Guts gets captured by Griffith and put into a frilly dress, and Casca now leads the crew ti rescue him.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I keep checking back here for links to an English translation, so please remember to use spoiler tags :)
Just wanna head that off before I scroll past a spoiler and accidentally internalize the info.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I Love Annie May posted:

So wait this is it for Casca's psychological healing? All they needed was to put those doll fragments together and... Casca is back together? Cause that feels a little underwhelming.

Putting her back together is Step 1. There's a long, hard road to travel still from that point. Not to mention the fact that she and Guts basically have to figure out where they go from there. Sure, she'll probably stay near him because if demons are going to hunt both of them at night, you might as well stay close to the guy who's been murdering them non-stop for so many goddamn years. Nevertheless, they are very different people at this point in their lives than they were in the Golden Age. The core of them is still there, but everything surrounding it has changed.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad they're finally getting past this stupid block in the story.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I <3 Berserk: Please don't rush things

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I just want this fictional character to be okay.

you're reading the wrong story dude

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i bet most of the kids come out alive in the end. as for everyone else...

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i bet most of the kids come out alive in the end. as for everyone else...

At least one kid has already bit it so I don't see why you'd think that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

U-DO Burger posted:

you're reading the wrong story dude

I'm reading the right story :colbert:

What I want and what I get are not necessarily the same thing.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The story has been about how the world is total poo poo but also some of the characters we're following are unique so... It could happen.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If you were born on the day Casca last had a line in this manga, you became legally allowed to drink in the US about a month ago.

Belly up to the bar with me, kids :getin:

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Don't worry, Guts could barely stand her bickering until she was ready to throw herself from a cliff. There's every chance that her first words won't matter and Guts will then say, "Griffith! I can't stand it, you take her!"

Guts, Chapter 360: "What have I done with my life? :psyduck:"

Yeah I know, cruel. But Berserk is a cruel world.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vengarr posted:

If you were born on the day Casca last had a line in this manga, you became legally allowed to drink in the US about a month ago.

Belly up to the bar with me, kids :getin:

Please stop reminding me how old I am and that my life wastes away while this series still hasn't ended.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Nuebot posted:

Please stop reminding me how old I am and that my life wastes away while this series still hasn't ended.

Look you could have been wasting your time with Ippo so at least they haven't thrown away the central premise of this one yet.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Guts was just always tsundere for Caska.

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006

quote:

Guts gets captured by Griffith

I can actually see this happening.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not like he can actually fight his way through and endless army of men and monsters. even now, guts has limits.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Why would Griffith capture Guts though? Finally breaking down and wanting to be with his dark haired boyfriend again?

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Holy whaaaaaaaaaat! It's happening!

:unsmith:

She's gonna leave isn't she. The black swordswman arc when?

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006

Crabtree posted:

Why would Griffith capture Guts though? Finally breaking down and wanting to be with his dark haired boyfriend again?

Yea, pretty much this.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Rough scanlation is up:
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Berserk/Ch-354---Read-Online?id=404922

Why does she look like a completely different character in the last panel?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just a wonky drawing.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I picture it more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8Uc5BFogE

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Rough scanlation is up:
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Berserk/Ch-354---Read-Online?id=404922

Why does she look like a completely different character in the last panel?

She's been drawn like that for so long that seeing her with only half open eyes and a serious look on her face is weird, but if you go back to 347, the last chapter she was awake in,
she looks pretty much like that.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
The reptile nose is what gets me, but I suppose he usually draw her nose like that from a directly frontal perspective. Maybe when she fully opens her eyes and mouth it'll look a bit less uncanny...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I know we've all been saying it for years, but I just don't know if I'll be able to handle Caska regaining her memories and then choosing to leave Gutts and go back to demon Griffith.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Crabtree posted:

As bait for Casca?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress I'm so nervous about the next chapter

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The next chapter is just 25 pages of Casca screaming continuously.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I would believe it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Say Nothing posted:

The next chapter is just 25 pages of Casca screaming continuously.

WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DRAG ME BACK TO THIS?!

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
It took a little bit longer than usual, but here's a good and legible version of chapter 354!

EDIT: Just noticed it uses the first and not the second translation draft, it's being updated now.
EDIT2: Not super-happy with the cleaning job mangastream did on these scans... Their typesetter is a trooper, though.
EDIT3: Translation has been updated.

LordMune fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 25, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Thanks for all your work, Mune! Been avoiding scans and bad TLs otherwise.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Super ultra spoiler: That heart, which 'a hex dwells within', looks alarmingly similar to the heart from the lost chapter. Not sure about it, but reacted to the way darkness flows in and out through its veins specifically. If there's something to it, then that is bad, bad news.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Bisse posted:

Super ultra spoiler: That heart, which 'a hex dwells within', looks alarmingly similar to the heart from the lost chapter. Not sure about it, but reacted to the way darkness flows in and out through its veins specifically. If there's something to it, then that is bad, bad news.

Well they're the same base shape, but other than that I don't see it. The chapter is 20 years old also, so a visual redesign wouldn't be out of the question.

I don't think this image needs to be spoilered, but this thread likes pitchforks a bit much:

Next chapter is due late next month. Where's my time dilation device?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Goodbye, tiny Casca :unsmith:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Holy poo poo it's happening, it's actually loving happening.

I started reading the series right around the time Rickert set off for Falconia. Since then I've gone through 2 jobs and pretty much all of my college education. I honestly was not expecting this to happen until I was an old loving man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

LordMune posted:

It took a little bit longer than usual, but here's a good and legible version of chapter 354!

EDIT: Just noticed it uses the first and not the second translation draft, it's being updated now.
EDIT2: Not super-happy with the cleaning job mangastream did on these scans... Their typesetter is a trooper, though.
EDIT3: Translation has been updated.
You're good people.
I swear it was just a coincidence but "The Man Who Sold The World" came up in my playlist when I started reading this chapter and that was kind of rad.