Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

nickhimself posted:

Are you telling me you guys DIDN'T enjoy soloing heroic public events only to be rewarded with two blues and a token??? What more could you want?! THREE blues??? Three blues and a white?! Confetti and celebratory horns upon opening the chest?!

A token and some glimmer because you hit some anti-farming cap :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

What confuses me is if there's a reason that you can't join Nightfalls as a rando like you can in Heroic/Normal strikes?

guided games. its the small ship icon below the nightfall icon. yeah it's a poo poo long queue, but it's "matchmaking"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

nickhimself posted:

Are you telling me you guys DIDN'T enjoy soloing heroic public events only to be rewarded with two blues and a token??? What more could you want?! THREE blues??? Three blues and a white?! Confetti and celebratory horns upon opening the chest?!

Would be quite happy with that actually.

Also would like whiffing a Celestial Nighthawk shot to play the Price Is Right overbid sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Shifty Pony posted:

Would be quite happy with that actually.

Also would like whiffing a Celestial Nighthawk shot to play the Price Is Right overbid sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

Sad trombone would also work too.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

The updates/changes were delayed until May, think I'm just going to uninstall for the time being

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
REVISED ROADMOPE

Literally the only thing keeping me interested in this game, the Exotic Weapon review, was pushed back from end of March to May, so yeah, I'm out until this game is radically different. I had a good couple months and certainly got my money's worth considering how many othe games I wasn't playing, but I'll be interested in who comes back and when.

Eh, I'll probably come back for 6v6 in a month for IB, I need to finish my titan set I guess lol

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
oh man next week we'll get tower chat! gently caress yes

that'll make finding NF groups so much easier

LF 1 more NF

*seven hours later*

I'll join

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
what does weapon/ability sandbox changes mean?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Moola posted:

what does weapon/ability sandbox changes mean?

Balance pass.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Oh :/

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I'll be interested if and when people come back to the game so I can determine to come back too, "Is this game still dead???? Bahahahahah"

I'm an expert, I have played 400 hours total of Destiny games, OH BUNGO!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They can't just release balance changes as they get to them? I like this game, but Bungie is really taking their sweet time with these updates.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
look out, bungie is finally "looking into" fixing the spawn bug in the leviathan raid

maybe it'll be fixed in a few years time... who can say?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I never played D1 and I'm still pretty new to D2; that road map is depressing

I want to keep playing because I enjoy the moment to moment gameplay but I'm running out of fun stuff

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The worst thing about this game is still that it doesn't have a definitive end and relies on the player to realize when they're finally bored, but that point ranges from "Fun times! Time for a new game" to hundreds of hours of chasing the dragon of destiny 1 while slowly going insane

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The second worst thing is where the gently caress is SRL

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please don’t bring back SRL until the rest of the game is fixed

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Control Volume posted:

The worst thing about this game is still that it doesn't have a definitive end and relies on the player to realize when they're finally bored, but that point ranges from "Fun times! Time for a new game" to hundreds of hours of chasing the dragon of destiny 1 while slowly going insane

When the story missions end, so does the game.

hth

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No SRL until we get Sparrow horns

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
SRL cracks me up because at first it was really bad and a waste of time when the game wasn't in a good spot, then they came back and added two good tracks and good songs when the game was in a great spot and it was actually kinda really cool and good

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
holy hell these updates are loving anemic. why even announce half this poo poo? I'm going to be waiting until May (read:July) for crucible rankings? gently caress off

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Haha yeah, I was thinking "oh nice, new stuff" but reading that I'm like... I'd expect 90% of that poo poo within a single month's worth of updates, balancing and fixes. Holy hell :suicide:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

holy hell these updates are loving anemic. why even announce half this poo poo? I'm going to be waiting until May (read:July) for crucible rankings? gently caress off

because people wanted them to

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Crucible Ranking would go by season, so it makes sense to roll it out along with the next season. However, I don't know what the holdup is with weekly just-for-fun playlists like Mayhem and Rumble.

Crimson Doubles left me with the feeling that this game needs to take a page from the 'Overwatch Arcade Mode' playbook and have some rotating joy modes for people who like supers, or don't want to feel like they're hurting their team by dying a lot. Bring in some rotating lobby of fun modes and bring back that 1-flag CTF variant from Taken King (Rift?)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I miss Rift terribly but it would be awful with current movement speeds and maps... Where would the spark even spawn in Emperors Respite?!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I miss Rift terribly but it would be awful with current movement speeds and maps... Where would the spark even spawn in Emperors Respite?!

[Bungie voice] Directly in front of A spawn lul

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
hmm i wonder if destiny is getting any better let's check out the thread.

oh look, a 3 month roadmap that looks like most other games day one patch notes and even 50s raygun is done breathlessly defending bungie's honor.

gonna call that a nope

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:negative: x100

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

orcane posted:

Haha yeah, I was thinking "oh nice, new stuff" but reading that I'm like... I'd expect 90% of that poo poo within a single month's worth of updates, balancing and fixes. Holy hell :suicide:

they just got back from christmas, new year's, valentine's, martin luther king's, and spring break vacation planning vacation breaks. bungie is a small studio, give them a bit of time to get back up to speed

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Fortnite just added 60fps in a patch

Bungie is going to add Scoring in a month

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
this lovely game is too CPU heavy to ever be 60fps on a console

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Fortnite just added 60fps in a patch

Bungie is going to add Scoring in a month

Six months in, there's in game chat.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So is this game worth picking up if I just treat it like a singleplayer game with optional multiplayer bits? I mean, the impression I'm getting here is that the game sucks rear end if it's all you ever want to play, but I don't feel like I have that particular problem.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Unless you just cannot tolerate console shooters, just grab Destiny 1 if you want good gunplay.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

QuantaStarFire posted:

So is this game worth picking up if I just treat it like a singleplayer game with optional multiplayer bits? I mean, the impression I'm getting here is that the game sucks rear end if it's all you ever want to play, but I don't feel like I have that particular problem.

It's pretty good if you play it like that. Its biggest failings are on the MMO side of things, where end game content runs out quickly for the dedicated player.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Spanish Manlove posted:

not yet, pal

also you still have to opt-in to it which I still can't loving understand the decision making process behind that one. what are they worried about? I mean, you hop on any console FPS game and you'll hear kids nonstop calling people racist names, cursing like crazy.

wanna make sure space shooty mans players don't get offended by someone saying "poop" in chat

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

QuantaStarFire posted:

So is this game worth picking up if I just treat it like a singleplayer game with optional multiplayer bits?

Not really. If you haven't already played Titanfall 2, try that instead.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

nickhimself posted:

not yet, pal

also you still have to opt-in to it which I still can't loving understand the decision making process behind that one. what are they worried about? I mean, you hop on any console FPS game and you'll hear kids nonstop calling people racist names, cursing like crazy.

wanna make sure space shooty mans players don't get offended by someone saying "poop" in chat

After starting with no voice chat in D1 matchmaking they added it following an outcry. It was opt in. I can't ever remember a single instance of someone using it lmao.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

QuantaStarFire posted:

yeah I picked it up without looking up any impressions of it and enjoyed the campaign

don't buy it full price though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

coding this poo poo is hard man

• Locked thread