Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Twitter is just full to the brim with gun spergs and bots waiting to pounce on anybody describing the AR-15 as an assault rifle or automatic weapon with pages and pages of exhaustive mechanical and manufacturing information, for the purpose of derailing discussion. I think I'm going to acquire an extremely uncomfortable amount of knowledge about human embryonic development to troll pro-lifers to death.

the key is to make it clear to these people that you don't give a gently caress about the details of their fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if the average salary is 70k and you give them a 20% bonus and you need 700,000 of them that is approximately 10$ billion a year program not including the cost of insurance, law suits and equipment

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Why is Trump trying to say the NRA will back something when they've put out an extremely clear statement that they will not.

I wonder who the chuds would side with in a Trump vs. NRA showdown?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

jfc 150 security guards at a school?

teacher:student ratio is 1:40 but were down to 1:20 when it comes to armed guards

usa! usa! usa!

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

univbee posted:

"Protected like banks", as in those places which bailed on having security guards because it was cheaper to let the bank robbers get away with a few grand occasionally than pay for security staff?

trump hasn't been welcome in an american bank since the 80s

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

No amount of armed security can stop someone from walking up to exterior classroom windows and just start blasting away. Shoot the teacher first and you don't even have to worry about some dumbass "arm the teachers" plan.

People tossing out these ideas are either really loving stupid or know how dumb the idea actually is and are just using it as a deflection.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

Basebf555 posted:

Why is Trump
gonna just stop you right there

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

just fire all teachers and replace them with marines

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Basebf555 posted:

Why is Trump trying to say the NRA will back something when they've put out an extremely clear statement that they will not.

neither, because trump would back down the second the nra told him to

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

he says lots to things at once to appeal to many groups

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

hot take: arming one of the most leftist and unionized work forces will be good for the upcoming civil war imo

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
turn all schools into literal prisons

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Basebf555 posted:

Trump is a moron and doesn't understand what he says hth

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/casersatz/status/966720893513879552

lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

juche avocado posted:

while i credit you for not getting his meaning through his smoothbrained sentence construction, that isn't what he said

yes what he said was dumb but he was saying ":byodood: 'gun free zone'??? that's exactly what gunhaving shooters want to hear."

I always have trouble figuring out his pronouns.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/966726848771248128

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hey real quick - anyone happen to have any statistics on how many mass shootings were ever stopped by a private citizen with a gun?
Is it 0?
I feel like it's 0.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

brugroffil posted:

No amount of armed security can stop someone from walking up to exterior classroom windows and just start blasting away. Shoot the teacher first and you don't even have to worry about some dumbass "arm the teachers" plan.

People tossing out these ideas are either really loving stupid or know how dumb the idea actually is and are just using it as a deflection.

it's a deflection

it makes no sense

you just target teachers of you are a shooter

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

teachers, janitors, etc. open carrying weapons would actually make schools less secure than prisons so if we're going down this road then yes gently caress it turn 'em into prisons.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

brugroffil posted:

"We've been waiting for you, because we sure as hell aren't gonna do anything ourselves lol"

yeah that's the good stuff Barry u fucken cuck

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

good

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hey real quick - anyone happen to have any statistics on how many mass shootings were ever stopped by a private citizen with a gun?
Is it 0?
I feel like it's 0.

most of the time a good guy with a gun has intervened it’s made the situation worse so it’s actually negative lol

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

rudatron posted:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HEY NONG MAN posted:

uh what? who’s the third

There were six kids in "the trenchcoat mafia".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQilqOveh2s

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
*standing outside SUPERMAX HIGH*

we're a nation that values freedom

specifically, absolute freedom from consequences for suburban white people and their many neuroses

and the price of that freedom, is razor wire around every playground

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the program would have to be federal which means the federal government would be employing hundreds of thousands of armed teachers lmao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/966727359155056640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-E2H1ChJM&t=99s

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

the answer to the right saying "yeah but what about these more dangerous weapons is" is always "ok lets ban them too"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Twitter is just full to the brim with gun spergs and bots waiting to pounce on anybody describing the AR-15 as an assault rifle or automatic weapon with pages and pages of exhaustive mechanical and manufacturing information, for the purpose of derailing discussion. I think I'm going to acquire an extremely uncomfortable amount of knowledge about human embryonic development to troll pro-lifers to death.

just keep doubling down who cares

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

univbee posted:

"Protected like banks", as in those places which bailed on having security guards because it was cheaper to let the bank robbers get away with a few grand occasionally than pay for security staff?

protected like banks, as in federally insured

starting next year, all new life (which begins at conception) will be backed by the FCIC. I'm the event of a tragic Loss Of Life Event, your child(ren) will be reimbursed by the Federal Race Reserve (up to but not exceeding 10,000 kids) ((children of color will be reimbursed with comparable beautiful white babies))

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/Fizzhogg/status/966549840791416833

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/966725192616759296

quote:

At the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday, Loesch told the crowd that she had accepted a job hosting a one-hour, commercial-free program on NRA TV.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I liked the 538 roundtable where they gently dunked on David Brooks because David Brooks is bad

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is it 0?
I feel like it's 0.

one of these days we’re gonna get two independent mass shootings happening in the same place at the same time. maybe then we’ll finally admit that the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is another bad guy with a gun.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

Zikan posted:

most of the time a good guy with a gun has intervened it’s made the situation worse so it’s actually negative lol

ya i bet cops are jazzed as hell for the opportunity to have multiple shooters reported under the fog of chaos :frogbon:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

euphronius posted:

the program would have to be federal which means the federal government would be employing hundreds of thousands of armed teachers lmao

lol it'll be either an unfunded mandate or a huge cash giveaway to arms dealers or both or nothing

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

stop it joe that’s not real

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

very good A list white supremacist rally

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
More guards and teachers eith guns is a transparently bullshit proposal designed to buy time until this goes away. The only reason things have gotten this far is because the Parkland kids know they have nothing to be afraid of and nothing to lose by refusing to shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

"its like frasier but im an out touch gun nut"

• Locked thread