Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
oh god Eric Bolling is coming up at CPAC, alert zegermans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Augus posted:

it's like the truman show but instead it's the trumpman show

actual true fact: noted attention-whoring rear end in a top hat GOP freshman congressman Matt Gaetz lived in the house from the Truman Show as a kid

this is mentioned in https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...c3fe_story.html

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES_dHXMhOHU

oh no

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao do it u old bitch

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh maaaan have you actually seen the new hotness that is Unschooling? that poo poo is insane

What’s your plan for later years? Can unschooling work for calculus? Physics? Shakespeare?

I am always struck by how we determine what it is we believe our children must learn. I do think we have an obligation to ensure our kids have a strong grasp of basic math, up to and including some basic algebra. But for me, calculus and physics are not required to be a functioning member of society. My belief is that if my kids determine they need certain skills in their adult lives, they will get them. I have a tremendous amount of faith in my children’s ability to fashion the world they envision. I believe giving them some autonomy is only going to give them more resourcefulness and confidence. And I know from experience this will not necessarily preclude them from choosing a more conventional career path.

I have nothing against Shakespeare but you might ask why it’s not just as important for our kids to be able to go out and identify every tree in the forest outside the house? We believe in the value of our kids knowing their way in the natural world. Now, if you are unschooling in an urban environment, I’m not sure it would be as important to be able to identify every tree in the park. But I think it’s critical to have an intimate connection to place and community. I think that is where some of the most meaningful experiences would come from.

she's right, gently caress shakespere that old bald bitch

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

yeah ok

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/966738634224340992

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

lol rubio got burned to a crisp on this exact point in the exact same way on live tv yesterday and learned nothing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

apologies for using a sexist slur, "bald bitch" just has too much asonance

Presence
Jul 29, 2006

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

TWITTER CONSERVATIVE: Trump is MAGA! #MAGA

DEDICATED FOLLOWER: [sound of string receding] the cow says.... mooooo!

TWITTER CONSERVATIVE: MICHELLE OBAMA IS A FAT COW AND A MAN #MAGA

DEDICATED FOLLOWER: [sound of a string receding] the goat says....

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

420. ed balls

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Finally

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Al! posted:

she's right, gently caress shakespere that old bald bitch

country matters, lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

he's not wrong?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: This place is not a place of honor > TRUMP: you're going to be dead, and it's going to be fast

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
while we're at it, can we ban NERF too?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That DICK! posted:

video games rule. a lot of good video games let you kill, but you can find some great ones where you gently caress too

The guy who made the original Harvest Moon is making a new game where you run a cafe and also have to help the townspeople with their problems while raising a baby dragon

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

he didn't actually say that did he

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/KaylaPekkala/status/966723026489397248

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

reminder: this shooter was a MAGA chud with photos and video of him wearing a MAGA hat

Yeah about that...

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/966420836587589632

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I will cut libbytair losers who try to gently caress w one of the greatest socialized achievements in the history of the country. Public school Is extremely fuckin good

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

jesus christ

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Suicide by teacher is going to become A Thing.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Joementum posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: This place is not a place of honor > TRUMP: you're going to be dead, and it's going to be fast

all those mentally broken grad students: you LIAR

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

That DICK! posted:

TWITTER CONSERVATIVE: Trump is MAGA! #MAGA

DEDICATED FOLLOWER: [sound of string receding] the cow says.... mooooo!

TWITTER CONSERVATIVE: MICHELLE OBAMA IS A FAT COW AND A MAN #MAGA

DEDICATED FOLLOWER: [sound of a string receding] the goat says....

lmao

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

sigh, another campaign promise he didn't keep

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Duscat posted:

lol rubio got burned to a crisp on this exact point in the exact same way on live tv yesterday and learned nothing

Dana probably yelled at him until she was hoarse and then just told him to pick up these slides and gently caress off

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/dloesch/status/781156872

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Zikan posted:

hot take: arming one of the most leftist and unionized work forces will be good for the upcoming civil war imo

lol they're only gonna arm the MAGA teachers

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

Suicide by teacher is going to become A Thing.

Oh my loving god

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Projecting so hard she's visible from alpha Centauri

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

I mean

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I hope Barron convinces Trump videogames are art

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh maaaan have you actually seen the new hotness that is Unschooling? that poo poo is insane

What’s your plan for later years? Can unschooling work for calculus? Physics? Shakespeare?

I am always struck by how we determine what it is we believe our children must learn. I do think we have an obligation to ensure our kids have a strong grasp of basic math, up to and including some basic algebra. But for me, calculus and physics are not required to be a functioning member of society. My belief is that if my kids determine they need certain skills in their adult lives, they will get them. I have a tremendous amount of faith in my children’s ability to fashion the world they envision. I believe giving them some autonomy is only going to give them more resourcefulness and confidence. And I know from experience this will not necessarily preclude them from choosing a more conventional career path.

I have nothing against Shakespeare but you might ask why it’s not just as important for our kids to be able to go out and identify every tree in the forest outside the house? We believe in the value of our kids knowing their way in the natural world. Now, if you are unschooling in an urban environment, I’m not sure it would be as important to be able to identify every tree in the park. But I think it’s critical to have an intimate connection to place and community. I think that is where some of the most meaningful experiences would come from.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh

brb gonna unschool myself

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

huh

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the conservatives can’t stop making GBS threads their pants

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
love my president being 100% vindictive instead of actually trying to solve problems
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/966740157931114496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Face of the NRA, Soiled Pants Reducer, Mom

• Locked thread