Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
If the new Super Mario Bros. movie don’t got Mojo Nixon, then the film could use some fixin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Mario: Tina Fey
Luigi: Oscar the grouch
Bowser: from Sha Na Na
Princess: Tupac hologram
Yoshi: baron Trump
Koopa Troopa: Kane
Waluigi: Daniel day Lewis
Wamario: Chappie
Donkey Kong: Himself

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Don't forget that Pauline is a regular character now. (and more likely to show up in upcoming games in a major role than Rosalina for now, I think)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Reminder to all you wishful thinkers that Phantom Thread was DDL's last movie. He's retired.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Heath Ledger as Bowser
John Hurt as Mario
Christopher Lee as Luigi

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Reminder to all you wishful thinkers that Phantom Thread was DDL's last movie. He's retired.

He was semi retired and went into shoemaking in the late 90s I think.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Ladies and goombas... I've traveled over half our kingdom to be here tonight. I couldn't get away sooner because my new pipe was coming in at Green Hills and I had to see about it. That pipe is now flowing at two thousand coins and it's paying me an income of five 1UPs a week. I have two others jumping and I have sixteen producing at Peach's castle; so, ladies and goombas, if I say I'm a plumber, you will agree. Now, you have a great chance here, but bear in mind, you can lose it all if you're not careful.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Heath Ledger as Bowser
John Hurt as Mario
Christopher Lee as Luigi

you're a JERK! A JERK I tells ya!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

He was semi retired and went into shoemaking in the late 90s I think.

Yeah but I heard he went into full retirement very recently?

Taintrunner posted:

Ladies and goombas... I've traveled over half our kingdom to be here tonight. I couldn't get away sooner because my new pipe was coming in at Green Hills and I had to see about it. That pipe is now flowing at two thousand coins and it's paying me an income of five 1UPs a week. I have two others jumping and I have sixteen producing at Peach's castle; so, ladies and goombas, if I say I'm a plumber, you will agree. Now, you have a great chance here, but bear in mind, you can lose it all if you're not careful.

Lmao

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Hell yeah, a Flamin' Hot Cheetos movie, and you thought Hollywood had run out of super heroes!

quote:

Fox Searchlight and DeVon Franklin are set to produce the film “Flamin’ Hot,” which will tell the true story of Richard Montanez, who rose from humble beginnings to a successful businessman when he created a food phenomenon — Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.

Fox Searchlight nabbed the project in what was a highly competitive sale, with multiple studios vying for the project.

The film follows Montanez, the son of an immigrant, who grew up as a migrant farm worker picking grapes in the fields of Southern California before becoming a janitor at Frito-Lay. It was while working at the company that Montanez came up with the idea to create Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, transforming the Frito-Lay brand into a pop culture phenomenon and disrupting the entire food industry in the process. Now commonly referred to as the Godfather of Multicultural Marketing, it was that initial idea that would spark a billion-dollar brand and catapult him from janitor to elite corporate executive.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/flamin-hot-cheetos-movie-devon-franklin-fox-searchlight-1202707879/

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
No loving way

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ironically, Utz got merchandising tie in rights.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Red Poop: The Movie

I love Flaming Hot Cheetos and I don't think I care to see this movie.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I guess it's supposed to be an inspiring story or something? I dunno I only just skimmed over this poo poo:
https://www.foodbeast.com/news/a-humble-mexican-janitor-accidentally-invented-flamin-hot-cheetos-and-this-is-his-life/

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The true story of the son of an immigrant going from farm work to the inventor of an iconic snack food is tailor-made to win Oscars in the Trump era.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

quote:

"I see the corn man adding butter, cheese, and chili to the corn and thought, what if I add chili to a Cheeto?"
Yeah that sounds like a fun way to spend two hours.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The MSJ posted:

Lego Batman's Chris McKay could be directing the Dungeons & Dragons movie.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/nightwing-director-dungeons-and-dragons-at-paramount-1202706071/

Somebody already did this, it's called Warcraft and it sucks

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Ah yes, I remember the summer of Flamin Hot Cheetos, how could you forget? It's hard to overstate the impact Flamin Hot Cheetos have had on the current food industry.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Cage posted:

It's Good Will Hunting: Cheetos Edition

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The movie will be okay if they make it about Carlos los Jaguar, a humble Mexican cat who invents the flamin' hot puffed corn snack... and reinvents himself as a cool cheetah (because a speciesist business man can't tell one spotted big cat from another), rising to incredible heights before ruining his life and having to reconnect with his heritage to discover the greatest wealth was inside him all along.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Basebf555 posted:

Ah yes, I remember the summer of Flamin Hot Cheetos, how could you forget? It's hard to overstate the impact Flamin Hot Cheetos have had on the current food industry.

I mean it made it into some taco bell stuff and things like that, it's definitely not as iconic as Dangerously Cheesy or anything, and it's absolutely a ridiculous and hilarious premise for a full length film, by the Flamin Hot Cheetos are also relatively well known. There's about a billion Flamin Hot Cheetos breaded fried chicken recipes etc.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Tars Tarkas posted:

Hell yeah, a Flamin' Hot Cheetos movie, and you thought Hollywood had run out of super heroes!

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/flamin-hot-cheetos-movie-devon-franklin-fox-searchlight-1202707879/

Flamin' Hot Cheetos disrupted the entire food industry

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qTYO7idTDc

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
If they do it like The Founder it will be awesome.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

If they do it like The Founder it will be awesome.

The Founder is a story about a driven man who built an empire on the backs of others.
The Cheeto Man is a story about "I see the corn man adding butter, cheese, and chili to the corn and thought, what if I add chili to a Cheeto?"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cage posted:

I want that line to be the catchphrase of the movie, repeated dozens of times.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ALFbrot posted:

Flamin' Hot Cheetos disrupted the entire food industry

As well as the poor hungover souls that blearily forgot to properly wash their hands before touching their contacts.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Regal also now has a popcorn you can get that is covered in hot Cheeto dust and has pieces of hot Cheetos in it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ALFbrot posted:

The Founder is a story about a driven man who built an empire on the backs of others.
The Cheeto Man is a story about "I see the corn man adding butter, cheese, and chili to the corn and thought, what if I add chili to a Cheeto?"

And you call them "flaming hot" despite the fact they are obviously powdered?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ALFbrot posted:

Stretch it out to 75 minutes or so and it would be a smash.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tars Tarkas posted:

WHO ASKED FOR THIS

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GonSmithe posted:

Regal also now has a popcorn you can get that is covered in hot Cheeto dust and has pieces of hot Cheetos in it

Cinemark has this as well.

...it’s actually pretty good. It’s basically Smartfood but orange and also Cheetos are mixed in.

There are worse theatre snacks.

:lol::lol::lol:

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 22, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Apparently there might be a Rush Hour 4 for some loving reason

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rush Hour 3 was pretty bad and that was what, 12 years ago? More?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jackie Chan has been wanting to make one for years. I guess Chris Tucker needs money.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Thinking about it more, a live action Mario or Sonic could work only if directed by the Wachowskis.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

And you call them "flaming hot" despite the fact they are obviously powdered?

Welp. I'm pooped. A good time was had by all!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Thinking about it more, a live action Mario or Sonic could work only if directed by the Wachowskis.

Zack Snyder's Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Neo Rasa posted:

Zack Snyder's Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games

so tails gets trolled, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

so tails gets trolled, then?

Tell me you don't want to see Snyder direct the scene where Petunia and Porky Jr were killed with one sniper bullet.