Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mustang posted:

Nothing crazy, just lots of small stupid poo poo after BDE and division loving up the bus manifest, topped off by a PVT that thought putting his taco bell cup of mountain dew under his seat wouldn't spill on a 1000 mile bus ride so that my assault pack under my seat got soaked. I just wanted to grab him by the collar and shake him while yelling "what the gently caress did you think was going to happen???"

and then getting back and finding out there's a good chance I'm going to become either the S4 or the S1 because making the jaded, bitter guy that wants out of the Army a staff primary is a great idea

your descent into madness has been a joy to behold fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Picked up the deployment pistol I ordered in July. 3 mags and a bunch of unit engravings on a p320 for 545. It’s the first handgun I’ve bought personally, so I’m excited to try it out a little.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So I’m kinda back to Army now. Doing easy days at Caserma Ederle clinic working for an awesome and supporting LTC doc and I’m afforded time for exercise bikes during work time, physical therapy, and other things I need for good recovery. I also get to wake up a bit later and I don’t do anything straining.

Besides specifically listed physical therapy activities, and the specific exercise bike, I’m prohibited from all physical activity until...

August. loving lol.

Logged like 200 hours of ESO and 50 hours of Rome 2 coop campaign with wife over the con leave.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

So I’m kinda back to Army now. Doing easy days at Caserma Ederle clinic working for an awesome and supporting LTC doc and I’m afforded time for exercise bikes during work time, physical therapy, and other things I need for good recovery. I also get to wake up a bit later and I don’t do anything straining.

These words are english, but I don't understand them. Are you sure you aren't still baked out of your mind on pain pills?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Maybe this is a conspiracy from recruiting and retention. Give the foreign dude a great experience, and he will tell all his friends. They'll join and then get boned with classic Army bullshit.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Icon Of Sin posted:

These words are english, but I don't understand them. Are you sure you aren't still baked out of your mind on pain pills?

I met one except he was a full bird. Whole reason I got out. No one else would write me a profile (p3)

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I basically have nothing to do with the Army, let alone the federal government, now aside from paying taxes and receiving VA benefits and every time I think back on how ridiculous the Army is it boggles my mind.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

I basically have nothing to do with the Army, let alone the federal government, now aside from paying taxes and receiving VA benefits and every time I think back on how ridiculous the Army is it boggles my mind.

“Man, I kinda wish I was back in the army...”

*thinks about Korea for three seconds*

“Lol smoke weed erryday”

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Vahakyla posted:

Besides specifically listed physical therapy activities, and the specific exercise bike, I’m prohibited from all physical activity until...

August. loving lol.

Logged like 200 hours of ESO and 50 hours of Rome 2 coop campaign with wife over the con leave.
Why aren't you doing your SSD's, Soldier???

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I got yelled at for a potential SHARP complaint because I was shirtless in the MP. After getting stripped down during a TCCC training exercise to assess and treat my wounds.

I had just wiped off all the fake blood, ran to my desk to grab a clean hoodie when the NCOIC MSGT saw me and yelled at me about females being around, etc etc etc. As I'm still covered in dried up fake blood. What is up with old school infantry cats and being afraid of being around females? I bet he's the guy who gets mad when people take off their shirts when we go across the street and conduct beach PT.

Even when I think I got away from all the retardness that is the army, there's still someone who proves me wrong.

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 22, 2018

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

They’re afraid they might say something sexist so they think everyone else is on the fringe of it too.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
While I was at Fort Hunter Ligett the 1SG of the company I was an OC for took a poo poo in a 5 gallon bucket right outside his humvee. His driver was a female medic.

They were in a TAA and his vehicle was in the middle of it. At least half of his company watched him take a poo poo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Top must have joined the Navy because he's inserting a SEAL team.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Something like 3 months earlier the guy just finished a tour in Afghanistan. Showed up at his new unit and they were like "You're going to Hunter Ligett for a month and a half and then NTC 2 weeks later! have fun!"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I can't even remember what Hunter Liggett has besides a land nav course and a distant view of Laguna Seca.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I forgot Laguna Seca was outside of Monterey.

King City is a half hour away and has some pretty good Mexican food. And the coast and stars are amazing if you never get to see them where you live. Otherwise you're at least an hour away from any real cities.

Edit: Some pictures(that looked less poorly processed on my other computer, swear), once you're 5 minutes outside of hunter liggett it's pretty as hell

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 22, 2018

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kaliber posted:

I got yelled at for a potential SHARP complaint because I was shirtless in the MP. After getting stripped down during a TCCC training exercise to assess and treat my wounds.

I had just wiped off all the fake blood, ran to my desk to grab a clean hoodie when the NCOIC MSGT saw me and yelled at me about females being around, etc etc etc. As I'm still covered in dried up fake blood. What is up with old school infantry cats and being afraid of being around females? I bet he's the guy who gets mad when people take off their shirts when we go across the street and conduct beach PT.

Even when I think I got away from all the retardness that is the army, there's still someone who proves me wrong.

One of the few shining lights in my unit is a married woman in our unit with teenagers, who gives zero fucks about the stupid Army bullshit, and still does her job well.

She just slept in the same tent and changed like the rest of us. It was the closest thing to experiencing the Starship Troopers future, minus the fascism and boners.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Fort Hunter Liggett is actually a pretty sweet post for doing field training with it's huge mountainous/hilly training areas. It's also pretty scenic.

It's too bad Fort Ord outside Monterey was shut down.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I ran into one of the permanent party there while going for a hike. Apparently there are 85 active duty permanent party there. He said it was a fantastic duty station.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I would live in Paso Robles if I was stationed there, even if it is like a 45 minute drive. I bet they work like 4 hour days when there isn't a major training event going on.

Camp Roberts is a poo poo hole, though I never saw the training areas there, just the miles of antiquated WW2 barracks and troop store. And the strangely numerous chapels.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Camp Roberts features a beautiful .37 mile dirt running track with a field full of random holes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mustang posted:

I would live in Paso Robles if I was stationed there, even if it is like a 45 minute drive. I bet they work like 4 hour days when there isn't a major training event going on.

Camp Roberts is a poo poo hole, though I never saw the training areas there, just the miles of antiquated WW2 barracks and troop store. And the strangely numerous chapels.

Camp Roberts was the funniest bad post I've visited. We pre mobbed out of there in 2011, and I still remember showering in a tin lined shower, making GBS threads behind a curtain, and the shower curtain dividers between the beds.

But up the road, the town was loving gorgeous.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlgWfUjf6TQ

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g02QU-xPV1I

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

motherFUCKER

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ahahahahahaha suck on my 214 motherfuckers

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Hahaha gently caress you if you're still in.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So we're really gonna do the third world tinpot dictator thing, huh? Well gives me a long time to make a really good protest sign I guess. Leaning towards 'shut the gently caress up Donnie you're out of your element' at the moment, but I imagine he'll do some amazing poo poo between now and then.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
donnie: "you think they could kick higher?"

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Hello, James. What's happening? Umm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and make our troops great again, so if you could switch everybody back to those shiny black boots, that'd be great, mmkay?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

donnie: "you think they could kick higher?"

Lol

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Yessssssss. Get hosed people in the real Army.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
lol bad poster is gonna get sent to this as a final gently caress you from his command, probably mustang as well if he talks too loud, start working on your goose step boys

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Suck it Old Guard, you loving fake rear end infantry!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Slim Pickens posted:

lol bad poster is gonna get sent to this as a final gently caress you from his command, probably mustang as well if he talks too loud, start working on your goose step boys

If they activate me out of the IRR for that poo poo I will probably eat a bullet.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Holding out hope this is a joke

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi maffew welcome to 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009