Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Split Pea Superman posted:

Just lollin at all these *super simple* plans that involve, at a minimum, 10's of thousands of people acting in concert, and also secrecy.

The real reason the US is impossible to invade is because it's impossible to garrison. Not only do you need to have a force large enough to hold off the actual military, but you also need to be able to have a bunch of smaller forces to hold the territory. Invading a port might be doable, but good luck with the next step which involves your frontline being 100's of miles a way from that port, a 1,000 miles longer, and also to supply it you have to get convoys through extremely unwilling territory.

E: for reference the US often fails to defeat insurgencies in countries that have less than 30% of it's population

The English managed to invade the continent of North America and establish enough cultural hegonomy to ensure that you can understand the the printed word of the invader.

What language are you speaking, bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

General China posted:

The English managed to invade the continent of North America and establish enough cultural hegonomy to ensure that you can understand the the printed word of the invader.

What language are you speaking, bitch?

Invade implies they faced actual opposition

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Good luck with finding your modern day equivalent of small pox in unexposed populations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
As we all know, might makes right, so the British did nothing wrong

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Good luck with finding your modern day equivalent of small pox in unexposed populations.

Pretty sure we've already found a whole bunch of potential candidates, and as a bonus we're less messy about it than the Soviets were

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

English was never going to be the language spoken in that continent without cultural superiors.

You fuckers even thought about speaking German for a while.

It’s why you feel the need to salute a flag at school. It’s a sign of national inferiority. Flags flying every where.

The English are comfortable in our country. We don’t feel the need.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

General China posted:

English was never going to be the language spoken in that continent without cultural superiors.

It’s why you feel the need to salute a flag at school. It’s a sign of national inferiority. Flags flying every where.

Uhhhh

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
ok general chinas tweet actually made me laugh out loud

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
no the english don't fly flags because nobody wants the union jack but if you fly the scotland cross your welsh neighbor will firebomb your apartment. y ddraig goch :black101:

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

General China posted:

Tell that to Ireland

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I have located a photograph of forums poster 'General China":

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
Look at your worship of the military.

Somebody dressed in a British army uniform along our streets would get the piss taken out of him.

Rightly so. Our soldiers have the decency to never wear their uniforms out and about.

It’s partly historical, but mainly because as a country, England hates soldiers.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

General China posted:

Look at your worship of the military.

Somebody dressed in a British army uniform along our streets would get the piss taken out of him.

Rightly so. Our soldiers have the decency to never wear their uniforms out and about.

It’s partly historical, but mainly because as a country, England hates soldiers.

history up until the last 30-40 years says otherwise uhhhh bruv

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You don't need a new small pox. All you gotta do is prop up the anti-vaxxers and pox those neg holes.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nerses IV posted:

Pretty sure we've already found a whole bunch of potential candidates, and as a bonus we're less messy about it than the Soviets were

Does it beat the most basic of medical prophylactics? Big part of why disease was so prevalent in the old days is because bathed in a river maybe every other week, didn't know germ theory, and didn't have stuff like hundreds of CDC research labs.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You should probably divorce your husband.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

drjuggalo posted:

history up until the last 30-40 years says otherwise uhhhh bruv

Not really. Can we examine the greatest American feats of arms.

Got beaten by peasants in a poor country.

Invaded a poor country and still haven’t won.

That’s America for you.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
At least when England was running the show, countries stayed invaded.

America is demonstrably poo poo at that.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
ah america isnt as good at colonizing and subjagating like the british empire was.... you uhhh sure showed me that america is worse than britain

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

drjuggalo posted:

ah america isnt as good at colonizing and subjagating like the british empire was.... you uhhh sure showed me that america is worse than britain

At least when we started fights we stuck around.

Hitler had to declare war on America to get it on the fight.

It’s like a country hiding behind its mates hoping it doesn’t hit him.

loving cowards.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
and churchill begged and whined to america to help him with his colonies instead of fighting nazis

and the only reason america didnt wanna help in WW2 was because they felt they were protecting british colonies in WW1

i cant tell how serious you even are anymore and thats the most worrying thing

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nah. But the 2nd amendment isn't even about getting invaded.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

drjuggalo posted:

Can we compare and contrast America’s imperial ambitions - the phillipines to Malaya?

We were way better at it than you. Don’t get angry.

Pick up the White Mans Burden x

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

drjuggalo posted:

and churchill begged and whined to america to help him with his colonies instead of fighting nazis

and the only reason america didnt wanna help in WW2 was because they felt they were protecting british colonies in WW1

NAW MATE NAW

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Nah. But the 2nd amendment isn't even about getting invaded.

It's about not getting lined up against a wall.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

drjuggalo posted:

Polish Europeans flying spitfires.

Churchill was a right oval office. He sent the army against strikers.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

General China posted:

Can we compare and contrast America’s imperial ambitions - the phillipines to Malaya?

We were way better at it than you. Don’t get angry.

Pick up the White Mans Burden x

im a black canadian so i feel a few ways about the white mans burden that would take up this entire thread but i think i get what you're about now

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
It's actually about individual states being able to fight the federal government.

RE: 2nd amendment chat.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

General China posted:

Polish Europeans flying spitfires.

Churchill was a right oval office. He sent the army against strikers.

Churchill wanted to attack Russia immediatley after WWII, which is right about when people realized he was a total nut and he was quietly pushed out into obscurity

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tricky D posted:

It's actually about individual states being able to fight the federal government.

It's actually about continuing the tradition of the Magna Carta and allowing free persons to bear arms

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It's about not getting lined up against a wall.

Lining the right people up against the wall.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

drjuggalo posted:

im a black canadian so i feel a few ways about the white mans burden that would take up this entire thread but i think i get what you're about now

I’m just a white member of the English working class.

I’m proud of our trade unionism, riots and creation of rights at work.

I’m also aware of the bad things the British have done.

It’s before my time. But you have to remember.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tricky D posted:

You realize that the people who wrote the 2nd amendment wrote a bunch of other stuff you can read telling you exactly why they wrote it.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the logistics of mounting any sort of land attack of any significance would be extremely tough with drones and missiles, what would the point of even trying be 90%+ of your forces would be blown up before they even got to land, which they wouldn't.

Your BF is dumb OP i'd say dump him and do better but by even posting this question I'm not sure you could

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Do it ironically posted:

the logistics of mounting any sort of land attack of any significance would be extremely tough with drones and missiles, what would the point of even trying be 90%+ of your forces would be blown up before they even got to land, which they wouldn't.

Your BF is dumb OP i'd say dump him and do better but by even posting this question I'm not sure you could

I’m interested in your emotional life.

Do you have a significant other?

Talk to me.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

General China posted:

I’m interested in your emotional life.

Do you have a significant other?

Talk to me.

im gay

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

E: for reference the US often fails to defeat insurgencies in countries that have less than 30% of it's population

And WAY fewer guns, per capita.

Plenty of rednecks praying for a chance to be an insurgency out of their kitchen windows.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The natives pushed back the the european colonizers to within 10 miles of the sea in the... late 1600s? Been too long since AmerHist, pre civil war.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

spacetoaster posted:

You realize that the people who wrote the 2nd amendment wrote a bunch of other stuff you can read telling you exactly why they wrote it.

Yeah, from Federalist 45

quote:

The only refuge left for those who prophesy the downfall of the State Governments is the visionary supposition that the Fœderal Government may previously accumulate a military force for the projects of ambition. The reasonings contained in these papers must have been employed to little purpose indeed, if it could be necessary now to disprove the reality of this danger. That the People and the States should, for a sufficient period of time, elect an uninterrupted succession of men ready to betray both; that the traitors should, throughout this period, uniformly and systematically pursue some fixed plan for the extension of the military establishment; that the Governments and the People of the States should silently and patiently behold the gathering storm, and continue to supply the materials, until it should be prepared to burst on their own heads, must appear to every one more like the incoherent dreams of a delirious jealousy, or the misjudged exaggerations of a counterfeit zeal, than like the sober apprehensions of genuine patriotism. Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made. Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the Fœderal Government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State Governments, with the People on their side, would be able to repel the danger.

The 2nd amendment was inserted, in part, because states feared the disestablishment of their militias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

GORDON posted:

And WAY fewer guns, per capita.

Plenty of rednecks praying for a chance to be an insurgency out of their kitchen windows.

America hasn’t won a proper war for over 60 years. And then the Russians really won it for them.

The best it has done is Grenada and maybe Panama.

It’s poo poo at fighting wars. It gets beaten by peasants

All the loving time.

• Locked thread