Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Al! posted:

what if we just closed all the schools!?!?!?!

no schools = no school shootings

bing bong simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can't wait for a jury to acquit a teacher for murdering a black kid reaching into his backpack

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Turdfuzz posted:

yes yes school shootings are bad but what about extremely late term abortion

Arm expecting mothers with bump stock equipped rifles in order to prevent doctors from aborting their babies imo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I think of every middle-aged overworked defeated teacher I've ever had an imagine them cocking a shotgun like Arnold in Terminator 2 and that's when I know America's on the right path

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

shovelbum posted:

what if we just built bunkers everywhere, just all over, and if anything goes wrong just man the bunkers, think of how many people building all those bunkers would employ

but then we'd hafta stop building these

https://twitter.com/natehoodstp/status/966800023282384897

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

DryGoods posted:

bing bong simple

this is literally more realistic than getting rid of guns

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

can't wait for a jury to acquit a teacher for murdering a black kid reaching into his backpack

ban backpacks and pockets theyre just hiding places for more guns

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
It's a good thing shootings only happen in schools

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

shovelbum posted:

what if we just built bunkers everywhere, just all over, and if anything goes wrong just man the bunkers, think of how many people building all those bunkers would employ

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
train doctors for a new surgery equipping fetuses with firearms

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

You could win the 2020 Republican Primary at least if you ran on this platform

Or the Virginia governorship in 1958

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

im pickle gun rick bitch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Did you know over 99% of shootings take place near a gun

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

logikv9 posted:

i would like to also add Al! to that list, i am sorry for not including you initially

my apologies for i am being cucked today bigly, yuuge

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Reality Loser posted:

It's a good thing shootings only happen in schools

it's amazing how much cable news can say without addressing this point over the past week.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's kinda weird that the ruling political party of America believes that there should be as many children as possible and their lives should be painful and short

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait its called a puckle gun?!!?!?? what the fucks a puckle

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Why doesn't anyone think of the bullets?

Guns get a bad rap.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

hello thread, got sidetracked the last three hours. what have i missed?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's kinda weird that the ruling political party of America believes that there should be as many children as possible and their lives should be painful and short

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

D1E posted:

Why doesn't anyone think of the bullets?

Guns get a bad rap.

theres a lot of talk about poor innocent guns and bullets but really we need to fight a war on saltpeter

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I don't know who that is

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

when the students of a woodridge regional high school class dropped their pencils in unison, tactical gun expert and local social studies teacher frank coomey did not hesitate. he duke boys slid over his desk, scooped up his trusty Armalite AR-18, and fired wildly upon the miscreants as "School's Out For Summer" plays

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Al! posted:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know who that is

Nicolae Ceaușescu

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
how many school shootings happened under communism??? sounds like we need to adopt the soviet strategy

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Al! posted:

fdr, truman, eisenhower, jfk, lbj

you might say "hey al! weren't they all horrific mass murderers" and im like check out the column of trajan motherfucker

But to be real a little, I don't see a balkanization happening that soon, hence my 5 emperors post. One of my fav old cyberpunk writers, Walter Jon, depicted our near future as sort of a corporate oligarch period where US law wasn't destroyed simply because everybody knew it was a joke but it still upheld the local law and kept people from double parking if they weren't white & rich and still used cars.

Of course his futures all depicted a human race capable of space travel and the coming race of Trump won't even be capable of keeping their belly button lint-free but will instead blame it on the blacks and demand reparations.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

DryGoods posted:

bing bong simple

We're going to hit the point where there are no rural schools, and only private urban/suburban schools with armed guards and kids with body guards are safe. With the real danger to kids being kidnapped going back and forth. Just like third world poo poo holes.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
TRUMP!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

gimme five bees for a puckle, you'd say

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Joementum posted:

Nicolae Ceaușescu

yeah? well why don't you ceaueself to the exit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Nicolae Ceaușescu

I don't know who that is

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

They also think child labor is a good thing.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know who that is

He starved Romania and banned abortions and then ate poo poo when all those extra babies grew up and revolted

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh and gently caress you, I just tried to wipe a smudge off my monitor but it turns out it was just some hosed up s you used to trick me. Now I feel like a fool

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

That DICK! posted:

dAnal Loesch

:suspense:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the s appears to be corrupted it's supposed to be an "s" joe please correct immediately

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kull the Conqueror posted:

He starved Romania and banned abortions and then ate poo poo when all those extra babies grew up and revolted

But did he also take away existing medical programs for them and do everything in his power to get them shot?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

petit choux posted:

But to be real a little, I don't see a balkanization happening that soon, hence my 5 emperors post. One of my fav old cyberpunk writers, Walter Jon, depicted our near future as sort of a corporate oligarch period where US law wasn't destroyed simply because everybody knew it was a joke but it still upheld the local law and kept people from double parking if they weren't white & rich and still used cars.

Of course his futures all depicted a human race capable of space travel and the coming race of Trump won't even be capable of keeping their belly button lint-free but will instead blame it on the blacks and demand reparations.

i dont really see it happening either. i just dont see any better option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/JoshSchwerin/status/966808116045275141

• Locked thread